• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ruleset changes at Apex 2015

What ruleset changes would you like to see at Apex 2015?

• Total voters

Studstill

Smash Ace
Ok I think everyone has noted this. If we ever get to a point in the future where enough other people feel the same way, you will get a chance to cast such a vote. Right now, what you're doing would be equivalent to a single member of the House demanding that Obama be impeached. Motion has been recognized, but there is just not enough support to warrant wasting anyone's time discussing it further.
Actually, sir, it doesn`t seem that way to me at all. I`d prefer to not bring ****ing Republicans into this, even analogically that`s repugnant and it falls apart as there haven`t been 40+ votes on whether Hyrule should be in Apex 2015, as this is the issue at hand.
In Steve format:
1. I`m done arguing about whether Hyrule should be a legal stage.
2. There literally isn`t an option to vote for Hyrule as a legal stage.
3. I am an SSB64 player who plans to attend Apex.
4. I want Hyrule as a legal stage.
5. The rules are decided by majority vote.
6. The rules to be voted on are chosen by majority vote.
7. I have a vote.
8. I can cast my vote on this SmashBoards thread.

This is the process for setting the rules for Apex as I understand it; which could be totally wrong of course. I`m unclear on where and how choosing which rules to be voted on is done, I would say #6 sounds good. Are you saying that not enough people want Hyrule to even have it as an option to be voted on?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
make a case for it, like I said, and then maybe it will be considered for vote inclusion.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I am saying that not enough competitive players want hyrule to warrant a vote, yes. Back when people felt Hyrule should be banned it was a looooooong process. Many votes were had with the votes slowly increasing towards banning Hyrule. Small tournaments were used as tests with Hyrule banned to see how they went, and people who attended these tests enjoyed them more, and so TOs began to eliminate Hyrule from more and more tournaments, until it became the norm because 1) Players liked it more, and 2) it has been much better for the logistics of a tournament.

It is not a majority vote what the ruleset is at Apex. It is up to TOs, who generally base the rules on a combination of community opinion and necessary logistics for a tournament. If 200 new players show up tomorrow and demand Hyrule be allowed at Apex, it would not change anything, as the TO's would use discretion when considering the opinion of those players.

Studstill

Smash Ace
I am saying that not enough competitive players want hyrule to warrant a vote, yes. Back when people felt Hyrule should be banned it was a looooooong process. Many votes were had with the votes slowly increasing towards banning Hyrule. Small tournaments were used as tests with Hyrule banned to see how they went, and people who attended these tests enjoyed them more, and so TOs began to eliminate Hyrule from more and more tournaments, until it became the norm because 1) Players liked it more, and 2) it has been much better for the logistics of a tournament.

It is not a majority vote what the ruleset is at Apex. It is up to TOs, who generally base the rules on a combination of community opinion and necessary logistics for a tournament. If 200 new players show up tomorrow and demand Hyrule be allowed at Apex, it would not change anything, as the TO's would use discretion when considering the opinion of those players.
Thanks, clubba, for responding: Sometimes I think Rob is suffering from the delusion that I`m responding to or giving a **** what he thinks.

Well than that seems all fine and good, except at some point in this theoretical at the end there, wouldn`t Hyrule be voted on again?

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
so you'd rather be a child

nice

if you just made a case FOR hyrule, then we'd be able to have a regular discussion

instead, you'd rather fail exams and post on smashboards in class

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
we haven't been able to move the discussion to hyrule, since scrubstill has resolutely refused to write any kind of post that supports it

probably because of the quoted text

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
Well than that seems all fine and good, except at some point in this theoretical at the end there, wouldn`t Hyrule be voted on again?
I'm down for another 'should hyrule be legal' thread. You should make one. It's not like we as a community have some official method of starting a vote. Granted you're willing to debate with a lot of people that probably disagree with you and make a truly solid case not based upon individual experience.

Cobr take a chill pill.

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
Awesome, McGodd, thanks for the encouragement!
I promised Bane something along those lines a while ago, probably time to get around to it.
There seems to be some honest sentiment of let`s figure this out after Apex, re:Hyrule, and I`m not opposed to those views necessarily.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
make a case for it, like I said, and then maybe it will be considered for vote inclusion.
Sometimes I think Rob is suffering from the delusion that I`m responding to or giving a **** what he thinks.
I'm down for another 'should hyrule be legal' thread. You should make one.
I promised Bane something along those lines a while ago, probably time to get around to it.
just in case anyone was wondering why i say studstill behaves like a child

clubbadubba

Smash Master
If at some point a lot of good players raised a stink about it, a vote might be done that would be taken into consideration by TO's.

Studstill

Smash Ace
I`m not sure 'good' should be in there, I thought we were talking about a majority of players, not some subjectively selected group of people. And we aren`t talking about telling TO`s what rules to use at their tournaments, we`re talking about the premier 64 event in the world, this should be determined by the majority of players that play the game, not a backroom or group of TO`s. Or fine, whatever, if it is, it just shouldn`t be pretended that that is a majority vote.

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
The entirety of the OP except for SK`s quote is conjecture, gibberish, and opinion.
BUT,
I`m pretty sure half the OP was directed at me, so I`ll recuse myself from this thread, Z.
Edit: Great response time on liking this; you must have alerts set for me, so sweet. Most people just flirt or ask out guys they like.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Dreamland only would be lame.

We've already learned that opinions don't matter anyway. Only the TO's.

So if you want dreamland only go bribe the TO.
i like where this is going

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
The difference in skill between two players decreases between a better player and a not-so-good player on Dreamland
this is great news
its harder for everyone so everyone will get better faster
we shoulda done dreamland-only a long time ago
boomfan did better against peru on hyrule than peru did against boom on dreamland. skillset learned from dreamland carries over to others stages more than other stage skills carry over to dreamland. Kind of like how skills from J version carry over to U version better than how they carry over from U to J.

seems like the # of people who do not know how to kill without back throw -> edge guard is greater than the # of people who get hit "often."
You need to visit japan again

Today's lesson
how to kill on hyrule: be rat,
usmash -> down b
tornado -> down b
tent-combo -> usmash -> down b
oh and there are edges, so you can always camp them then backthrow edgeguard

Top Bottom