• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

{RULES POSTED}Madison, WI April 12th, 2:00pm [SPRING BRAWL] Tournament

Trioptical

Smash Cadet
Hey all, got another tournament coming up as I said last time, only this tme, let's hope the new game levels the playing field a bit.

Or brings in new blood....

April 12th, Saturday, at 2:00pm, SSB Brawl Tournament (Lovingly, [Spring Brawl] for short) is happening at PLAY N TRADE Madison (3308 University Ave, across from Whole Foods).

Mostly the same deal as before, $10 entry or $5 trade. Plus, this time, since we need Wii's, bring a Wii, and your entry's only $5. 1st place winner gets half the pot in store money, 2nd gets $75 SM, and 3rd gets $25 SM.

Definitely bring your own controllers. Beyond that, I'll need to consult with the experts on the rules, after which, I'll get back to you all.

TOURNAMENT SETUP:
  • Double Elimination, as described on SmashWiki.
  • One on one (1v1) 3 man stock battles, best of three rounds, with a 5 minute time limit on each round. (May be 2 man stock, depending on number of contestants)
  • Each first round stage is selected randomly from the following:
    [*]Battlefield
    [*]Final Destination
    [*]Smashville
    [*]Yoshi's Story​
  • In the second round, the loser in the first round gets to choose the next stage (counterpicks*) from these choices:
    [*]Battlefield
    [*]Battleship Halberd*
    [*]Brinstar*
    [*]Corneria*
    [*]Delfino Plaza*
    [*]Final Destination
    [*]Green Greens*
    [*]Green Hill Zone*
    [*]Jungle Japes*
    [*]Luigi's Mansion*
    [*]Lylat Cruise*
    [*]Pokemon Stadium 1* and 2*
    [*]Port Town Aero Dive*
    [*]Rainbow Cruise*
    [*]Smashville
    [*]Yoshi's Story​
  • All characters
  • No Items. No Smash Ball.
  • First party Nintendo Gamecube controllers. Count on using GC controllers, but if you're bringing a Wii, bring your Wiimote and nunchuck on the off chance that someone wants to play that way. More likely, someone may want to use a Classic Controller.

Thanks go to Cra$hman for helping with the rules again. See you all Saturday.

Trioptical

Smash Cadet
Dude, Sago, always taking our money...

Seriously, we need new blood. Anyone up to the challenge? Actually, I should probably look on other boards.

Trioptical

Smash Cadet
One more week! I really need to get on those rules. Been pretty busy, but it doesn't seem like there's a consensus on how the rules should be yet for Brawl. Personally, I think that any of the non-scrolling stages are okay from the Brawl stages, except probably the old school Mario Bros stage. That one sucks. The default custom stages aren't great either.

I'd also like to see Smash Balls, but they're probably not fair. Sad...

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
One more week! I really need to get on those rules. Been pretty busy, but it doesn't seem like there's a consensus on how the rules should be yet for Brawl. Personally, I think that any of the non-scrolling stages are okay from the Brawl stages, except probably the old school Mario Bros stage. That one sucks. The default custom stages aren't great either.

I'd also like to see Smash Balls, but they're probably not fair. Sad...
Theres 5 levels on random regularly in tournaments now, and some more for counterpicks. A dang lot of banned levels though. And yeah smashballs unbalance the game. The problem with smash balls is they're so strong that they become the only part of the game that matters. Theres almost no point fighting cause the winner will be determined by who gets more smash balls. Message me on aim dude we'll get rules sorted out.

Banned via Administration
Theres 5 levels on random regularly in tournaments now, and some more for counterpicks. A dang lot of banned levels though. And yeah smashballs unbalance the game. The problem with smash balls is they're so strong that they become the only part of the game that matters. Theres almost no point fighting cause the winner will be determined by who gets more smash balls. Message me on aim dude we'll get rules sorted out.
4 levels. gg.

Trioptical

Smash Cadet
Awesome. Hope the weather isn't too bad this weekend. I wonder if I should throw my hat into the ring. Probably get owned though....

dangle

Smash Rookie
I think I may make yet another appearance at this one. How many more consoles do you need? I don't like the thought of paying $10 just to lose to rollsmashers, but $5 with my Wii isn't so bad...

Oh and just curious, how come Mario Raceway or whatever is banned while Port Town isn't? I haven't been following brawl at all, so I'm just wondering. Seems to me like the F-zero machines are super deadly compared to the karts...

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
The cars on port town are a lot stronger yeah, but they're very easy to avoid since everytime they come theres platforms to hide on. And mariokart isn't just banned for the cars its mostly banned cause the side areas under the road can only be approached from teh front making them rediculously good camping areas.

dangle

Smash Rookie
Someone should post up who won, I had to leave early. It was actually pretty fun, despite the infestation of rollsmashers. Good to see another G&W main, too. Good matches crashman, (footstool gimp ftw).

Top Bottom