• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

roy vs marth

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Ummm... Peach's aerials are freaking amazing...
But not as good as the top tier's.

This is actually one of the myths about Peach i've worked hard to destroy.

Seriously, when you put her up against every other character in the game; with all their disjointed hitboxes (Link Ylink Marth Roy), their overwhelming reach (Ganon), their massively over-prioritized aerials (Sheik), or their all around evenness with peach (Samus, Luigi, etc); Peach's aerial priority is about average.

And yes I am also surprised this got to 3 pages, when it's such an obvious answer.
Roy > Marth. Duh.

I mean, when a character's best combo is fsmash fsmash fsmash fsmash fsmash, how could that character be worse than ANY other? Roy is the epitome of SMASH brothers.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I mean, when a character's best combo is fsmash fsmash fsmash fsmash fsmash, how could that character be worse than ANY other? Roy is the epitome of SMASH brothers.
YOU ARE WRONG! roy's best combo is short hop>fsmash. patented the "Tomahawk" by 5150. where did he go, anyways? and why am i on the roy boards?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
That's a good question. Why am I on the Roy boards? I'm way too much of a tier ***** to be messing around here.

I was talking more about the whole float cancel thing, which is unfair because every other character has to learn to L-cancel. All you guys have to do is to learn to let go of a button =(

Plus the WoP-esque float out and bair over and over again airguard is just not fair =(

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
YOU ARE WRONG! roy's best combo is short hop>fsmash. patented the "Tomahawk" by 5150. where did he go, anyways? and why am i on the roy boards?
Obviously short hop->fsmash is the opener for the aforementioned combo.
I was talking more about the whole float cancel thing, which is unfair because every other character has to learn to L-cancel. All you guys have to do is to learn to let go of a button =(

Plus the WoP-esque float out and bair over and over again airguard is just not fair =(
All right, that's fair.

Even worse, it's sometimes a bad thing to lcancel with peach. Her lag after her hair and nair cause her to be too short to be grabbed by several characters, including (but not limited to!) both Sheik and Ganon. There's been more than several occassions where I wish I hadn't lcancelled so I wouldn't have been grabbed.

In fact i've been thinking recently about purposefully missing lcancels (on shields) as a mixup.
*Goes to start a new thread in Peach forums*

SonicLucario

Smash Journeyman
I don't even think this should be a question.Marth has everything over Roy except TEH PHIR3.Anyone who thinks Roy is better than Marth at this point needs to really THINK about it.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Roy's Double Edged Dance is better than Marth's Dancing Blade... or maybe it just seems that way because I don't do anything else with Roy.

Oh and Roy can't be lightshield edgehogged. That's something, right?

Kenji_x

Smash Rookie
Roy is awesome because upthrow at 180% is his second best kill move...... :3

TEH PHIR3 Is broken tier.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
The first best being the uthrow to top platform to grab to uthrow to double jump reverse Blazer, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom