• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

Serew

Smash Apprentice
Props to you for having done commentary at one point. I could never do it myself lol
Huh, commentary? Never did that xD.. well... once... for like 10 minutes, barely talked cause i was kinda shy there and well i was in the voice chat on a stream multiple times and that went fine.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Huh, commentary? Never did that xD.. well... once... for like 10 minutes, barely talked cause i was kinda shy there and well i was in the voice chat on a stream multiple times and that went fine.
Still counts tho lol. I probably would not be able to stand there for even 10 seconds. I'm a very socially awkward person in real life.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I love the game and the anime was great! I can't wait for the next season to start later this year.
Definitely. So looking forward to both Danganronpa 3 and V3.

Also, remember to try the 2nd one too if you haven't yet! It's just as good, if not better than the first game.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I just saw this. Let's all bring out our masterful Roy art.
It's Roui fan art. Obviously, this is much different than Roy but still good enough.
So beautiful... made me shed a tear.

I made this like years ago, before Smash 4 came out even.

Backstory: I made this pic when I was tired hearing arguments that Roy doesn't have any personality. Also, cuz of boredom. And now I have this headcanon that Roy's secretly the CEO of Pixies Inc., and he wants to take over the FE universe and turn everything into a boring, corporate city.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
So beautiful... made me shed a tear.

I made this like years ago, before Smash 4 came out even.

Backstory: I made this pic when I was tired hearing arguments that Roy doesn't have any personality. Also, cuz of boredom. And now I have this headcanon that Roy's secretly the CEO of Pixies Inc., and he wants to take over the FE universe and turn everything into a boring, corporate city.
Perfection.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Definitely. So looking forward to both Danganronpa 3 and V3.

Also, remember to try the 2nd one too if you haven't yet! It's just as good, if not better than the first game.
Already did trust me when I say i'm all cought up.

~Chomp

Smash Cadet
Oh, other people know about Danganronpa! Cool.
New Roy things I'm testing out, will talk about them later

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
What's Danganronpa?

Also, what do you guys think would happen to Roy if his Jab was buffed to frame 3?

:135:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
What's Danganronpa?

Also, what do you guys think would happen to Roy if his Jab was buffed to frame 3?

It's a visual novel series, and a really good one at that. Think of it as a mix of Phoenix Wright and Battle Royale.

I think it would help a bit. It'd be a better out of shield option.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
It's a visual novel series, and a really good one at that. Think of it as a mix of Phoenix Wright and Battle Royale.

I think it would help a bit. It'd be a better out of shield option.
A pretty good one at that. Jab combos in quite a bit if I remember correctly. Jab => blazer at a few high percentages is a true combo, but then again... that was 2 patches ago, and propably 30 pages back.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I've been pretty quiet on here because Fates. I've been really enjoying it lol. I went normal/classic Nohr, which was too easy for me, but I'm far enough into the game that I don't want to restart lol. Will probably do hard/classic Hoshido next, and idk probably hard/classic again when I get to the third path.

How about you guys? Anyone else playing through Fates right now?

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I've been pretty quiet on here because Fates. I've been really enjoying it lol. I went normal/classic Nohr, which was too easy for me, but I'm far enough into the game that I don't want to restart lol. Will probably do hard/classic Hoshido next, and idk probably hard/classic again when I get to the third path.

I don't know. EU still has no release date. *sobs quietly in a corner*

But I just finished Pokemon SUPER mystery dungeon.
And honestly... I haven't played something that good since a good while. It's an emotional rollercoaster, really. It's literally the best entry yet.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440

And honestly... I haven't played something that good since a good while. It's an emotional rollercoaster, really. It's literally the best entry yet.
Sorry to hear about that. :( It is weird that Europe doesn't have a release date.

---

Also, hello ZeroKarma ZeroKarma ! :D

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I find Normal to be much more difficult that in previous entries. That or maybe it's been too long since I've played FE.

GoldenMapleLeaf

Smash Cadet
I tend to start every game I play on the easiest difficulty, so I played Birthright Normal/classic first, but decided about halfway through that it'd be more fun to play both games side by side. Gonna finish up Birthright today and see how far I can get into conquest (currently at chapter 17).

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
No, this place now has been invade by Fates. Well, goodbye all. I'll see you whenever nintendo finally releases that game into Australia ;-;

Serew

Smash Apprentice

Got PSMD as well on release (haven't had much time to play it fully yet) still getting a bit used to the new systems for recruiting etc. and some.. weird level pokemon...?
No, this place now has been invade by Fates. Well, goodbye all. I'll see you whenever nintendo finally releases that game into Australia ;-;

Oh, so australia seems to have a similar release dates to EU. I had no idea (apparently this was for PSMD too)
But yeah as far as i know, when EU releases are late it's usually cause of translations (german, french, etc) and then waiting for a good moment to release it i think. Wish we could just get an early english release with a translation patch added later haha :p we had to wait 3 months. Speaking of translations. from what i've heard hyrule warriors legends is already fully translated. Could be a fake leak but idk, it would be kinda weird tbh.
But yeah. let's wait here. and be patient... and... okay no give us a release date already :(

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord

I don't have a 3DS, so yeah, no Fates for me. I really wanna get one, though. This and Persona Q would be my main reasons.

I've mostly just been trying to improve my Smash fundamentals and hanging around in other fanbases.

Last edited:

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
Welcome Back! :D Yeah, a lot of people were off for a while, but seem to be drifting back lol.
I sometimes forget to check smashboards since well i dont really look at smash stuff much anymore...(i really only checked smashboards to talk to specific people. which is easier in lets say skype and Facebook) Getting back into smash 4 because nobody plays PM/Melee anymore with me so i have put a lot of focus into Cloud and Falcon. Roy and Robin are getting better just Roy is weird if you played top level PM Roy.
Hey, don't worry about not posting as often. We all have our reasons, but it's nice to hear from you, even if it's every now and then. A lot of us are enjoying the Roy buffs, which also seemed to have brought more activity here.
Yeah i can see that happening. Lately all i have been doing is streaming and playing some smash and pokemon. I finished my second LP but since i have roommates and all that i prefer to stream until i can have the privacy for another LP. I even got a pretty good strim schedule down. Other than that life has been alright. could be better could be worse.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I find Normal to be much more difficult that in previous entries. That or maybe it's been too long since I've played FE.
I agree, and I probably would've struggled hard core on hard/classic lol. I heard Chapter 10 in particular is a doozy on Hard/Classic, but I got through it okay in Normal. I think a part of it was smart exp grinding at the beginning of the game, which has helped me get a pretty solid team.

I tend to start every game I play on the easiest difficulty, so I played Birthright Normal/classic first, but decided about halfway through that it'd be more fun to play both games side by side. Gonna finish up Birthright today and see how far I can get into conquest (currently at chapter 17).
That's a pretty good idea lol. I'm definitely curious to see how the paths are different.

Fire Emblem ftw! It'll come soon enough. I can understand the pain of waiting, though, since I was pretty impatient for all those months waiting for the English version to be released lol.

Karma pls :p

Got PSMD as well on release (haven't had much time to play it fully yet) still getting a bit used to the new systems for recruiting etc. and some.. weird level pokemon...?

Oh, so australia seems to have a similar release dates to EU. I had no idea (apparently this was for PSMD too)
But yeah as far as i know, when EU releases are late it's usually cause of translations (german, french, etc) and then waiting for a good moment to release it i think. Wish we could just get an early english release with a translation patch added later haha :p we had to wait 3 months. Speaking of translations. from what i've heard hyrule warriors legends is already fully translated. Could be a fake leak but idk, it would be kinda weird tbh.
But yeah. let's wait here. and be patient... and... okay no give us a release date already :(
Same as I posted for Unknown above lol.

I don't have a 3DS, so yeah, no Fates for me. I really wanna get one, though. This and Persona Q would be my main reasons.

I've mostly just been trying to improve my Smash fundamentals and hanging around in other fanbases.
If you do get one, I would recommend trying to get some of the other good 3DS titles. There are quite a few of them. I originally got my 3DS for XY, but the first game I played on it was Awakening (my first Fire Emblem game lol). Aside from one of the Pokemon games and Awakening, I would also recommend Kid Icarus: Uprising. The controls and story are a bit...hmm, but the dialogue is A++. If you're an old school Zelda fan, A Link Between Worlds is also fun, and feels a lot like A Link to the Past while still having a lot of unique elements. There's also a bunch of other good 3DS titles out there. I've put a lot of hours into Smash on my Wii U, but I still think, overall, my 3DS has been more used with more games than my Wii U atm lol.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You know I just discovered something when looking at Roy's Framedata. 3 out of 5 Roy's aerials don't auto cancel until after the FAF.

Sakurai, just why? Seriously, this needs to be fixed!

Seriously, Roy's Autocancels and FAF on his aerials (and other moves) need to be seriously reduced.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Oh my god why does almost every post have a like on it? And how would you guys like a live action Fire Emblem movie?

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Well, I finally won a set when I was in losers, but then I lost second set. I'm just happy that I'm less nervous. I'm slowly getting more comfortable, so who knows. Maybe next time I'll play a lot better.

I really struggle against Luigi (I need more practice though). At one point I kept getting grabbed and panicked since I didn't know what to do. But I learned that Dtilt really helped to stop his approaches (and saved my butt at one point when he was charging a Dsmash, but then I quickly threw out that move).

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Oh my god why does almost every post have a like on it? And how would you guys like a live action Fire Emblem movie?
I know he meant it as a joke, but what Takeo says is true: I know it makes me a bit happier when someone takes a moment to like one of my posts. Kinda shows that they read it lol, and acknowledged my talking points in the conversation. I like other people's posts to give them that same sense of acknowledgement, even when I don't always reply to what they said lol.

tl;dr it's just a nice thing to do.

Tfw you are lazy to read :p
tl;dr Karma pls :p

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Well, I finally won a set when I was in losers, but then I lost second set. I'm just happy that I'm less nervous. I'm slowly getting more comfortable, so who knows. Maybe next time I'll play a lot better.

I really struggle against Luigi (I need more practice though). At one point I kept getting grabbed and panicked since I didn't know what to do. But I learned that Dtilt really helped to stop his approaches (and saved my butt at one point when he was charging a Dsmash, but then I quickly threw out that move).
Here's the main thing you need to look out for when fighting Luigi: Don't get grabbed. Down throw is a crucial part of this character, and he can really struggle if you don't let him grab you. Be patient in neutral and try to also perfect shield his fireballs.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Here's the main thing you need to look out for when fighting Luigi: Don't get grabbed. Down throw is a crucial part of this character, and he can really struggle if you don't let him grab you. Be patient in neutral and try to also perfect shield his fireballs.
It *was.
New luigi players learned to adapt after his d-throw got nerved, and execute mean jab combos and the likes aswell.
*is former luigi main*

Top Bottom