• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Roy was the first character with customs with his custom up-b hailing from Melee where you change the trajectory that was differentiated even more
By that logic wouldn't the very first clone character(aka Luigi) be the actual first character with "customs"?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Nah, I view Luigi as the first clone and not really with custom moves since Luigi's his own character.

The first character with customs would be :kirby64:. And with 11 different neutral special moves to boot. I have no idea what we're talking about

WAIT GUYS I GOT THIS

Smash Bros. itself is one giant custom move game based on Dragon King: The Fighting Game (but got scrapped in favour of using Nintendo IPs), which in turn is a custom based on the Outfoxies. In other words, the Outfoxies is the OG of customs, so you better learn the custom meta with this game. :troll:

Last edited:
Nah, I view Luigi as the first clone and not really with custom moves since Luigi's his own character.

The first character with customs would be :kirby64:. And with 11 different neutral special moves to boot. I have no idea what we're talking about

WAIT GUYS I GOT THIS

Smash Bros. itself is one giant custom move game based on Dragon King: The Fighting Game (but got scrapped in favour of using Nintendo IPs), which in turn is a custom based on the Outfoxies. In other words, the Outfoxies is the OG of customs, so you better learn the custom meta with this game. :troll:
Ban customs. They are too inaccessible to newcomers and we're supposed to be playing sm4sh not sm64sh combined with inaccessible beta products only a very select few have access to. EVO was proof of this.

We might finally beat ZeRo with them so keep them legal before banning them.

Holy **** @ Croph Croph thats a nice sig

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Ban customs. They are too inaccessible to newcomers and we're supposed to be playing sm4sh not sm64sh combined with inaccessible beta products only a very select few have access to. EVO was proof of this.

We might finally beat ZeRo with them so keep them legal before banning them.

Holy **** @ Croph Croph thats a nice sig
Not only are custom moves inaccessible to newcomers, but I've heard that a rare early build of Melee has helped people fully master the custom meta game. In other words, those who have access to the discs will master Smash 4. The disc is basically an early demo, but the truths of Smash 4 and customs lies within it... There is knowledge that only certain people know, but unfortunately there's very few of those demo discs. And I've also heard the disc is so fragile that if you try to make copies, it implodes on itself.

It's going to be interesting to see Smash 4's future with customs. I could see those rare Melee discs being worth $16k or more.

And thanks. I have the rest of the Mukami brothers (from a pretty bad visual novel called Diabolik Lovers) as well, though of course I'm going to use my fave. =P

I had my Roy sig before to basically to show my support. But now that he's in, I felt like I should change things up. I might link the Roy social to the picture cuz free promotion or something.

Treating myself to Melee for my birthday by going to some weekly up in Co. Springs, then staying the night with buddies up there.

Gonna cause damage with Roy (probs 80-90% use) and throw in Falcon for certain MU's stage/character-wise if I don't get to gauge those players beforehand, and possibly player-wise in at least one case.

They're polar opposites when it comes to stages, too, so that's really nice.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
hmm. This talk of customs.

Should i, or should i not, start practicing with customs? I honesty thought Evo would end the debate on customs and either allow them, or destroy them completely. But it seems things will be the same as before. at least for awhile...

So customs Yay? Or Nay.

Hickz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hickz_31
I just dropped in to say Roy is the sword character I've been looking for in this game. Now I can quit being disappointed in Marth. New main fo sho. B)

Should i, or should i not, start practicing with customs? I honesty thought Evo would end the debate on customs and either allow them, or destroy them completely. But it seems things will be the same as before. at least for awhile...

So customs Yay? Or Nay.
No tournament no matter how large doesn't seem like it's gonna destroy or enforce customs as a whole and neither will the general opinion on them, which is what I've learned with Apex and just paying a lot of attention to them as a TO since 3DS launch. There will be a lot of events with both customs off and on. You're best off practicing customs with friends or in local play as much as possible, and Anther's Ladder (FG too if you use it, I can't go back after Anther's) is good customs-off practice.

Get lots of juicy practice in both and only buckle down on one specifically if you know whether or not the next event you're going to will use customs. This lets you ultimately have a game plan for customs and legal setups you like for customs, as well as temporarily shut them out of your mind to focus more on vanilla specials if customs aren't legal at an upcoming event. I suppose a vanilla main, customs main, and flexible pocket/secondary for both would work best if you want to cover everything. I just play Roy now but I may get back into my old main Ike if I go to any customs events since his are ridiculous. I have Robin to cover them both, I just need more flexibility in testing out a secondary sometime.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
V A N I L L A B O Y Z

Other characters are jealous that they're not as vanilla as Roy. :shades:

Treating myself to Melee for my birthday by going to some weekly up in Co. Springs, then staying the night with buddies up there.

Gonna cause damage with Roy (probs 80-90% use) and throw in Falcon for certain MU's stage/character-wise if I don't get to gauge those players beforehand, and possibly player-wise in at least one case.

They're polar opposites when it comes to stages, too, so that's really nice.
Whoa, I almost forgot... Happy birthday! :happysheep::disco::happysheep:

And good luck at the weekly!

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Forgive me for derailing the current topic (it's a talent of mine), but does anyone have fan works (especially fanart) of a crossover between Fire Emblem (Elibe) and Code Geass? I need this in my life.

I'm especially looking for Lelouche cosplaying as Roy, or maybe Roy cosplaying as Lelouche.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Forgive me for derailing the current topic (it's a talent of mine), but does anyone have fan works (especially fanart) of a crossover between Fire Emblem (Elibe) and Code Geass? I need this in my life.

I'm especially looking for Lelouche cosplaying as Roy, or maybe Roy cosplaying as Lelouche.
well that was random, not sure whether I should applaud or boo.
Oh and no I don't have any

So customs Yay? Or Nay.
Nay for now, learn the common things people are doing with customs as a just in case. Least that's my plan
I just dropped in to say Roy is the sword character I've been looking for in this game. Now I can quit being disappointed in Marth.
Sob_sob_by_Sparky_Golden.jpg

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

This is very specific... Hm, I'm not having much luck finding such artwork myself. There is this sketch of Roy and Lelouch though...

But yeah, we need like artwork of Roy in this pose

or this

Fun fact: Jun Fukuyama (Roy's VA) voices both anime characters. It's funny that they kinda made the Dark Flame Master a parody of Lelouch when you think about it.

Last edited:

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
This is very specific... Hm, I'm not having much luck finding such artwork myself. There is this sketch of Roy and Lelouch though...

But yeah, we need like artwork of Roy in this pose

or this

Fun fact: Jun Fukuyama (Roy's VA) voices both anime characters. It's funny that they kinda made the Dark Flame Master a parody of Lelouch when you think about it.
Close enough, I'll take that. Yeah, when I learned that Roy and Lelouche shared a voice actor I was just so shocked. I still can't get over that. I only played a few missions of Sword of Seals, but I remember Roy being more or less like the other goody-goody Lords... And then he ends up sharing a voice with the lovechild of Light Yagami and a Gundam. It's such a bizarre juxtaposition that it's hard to believe that it's not a meme.

Imagine the next Kirby or Zelda game recasting the title roles with Norio Wakamoto. It's just too strange to not notice.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I only played a few missions of Sword of Seals, but I remember Roy being more or less like the other goody-goody Lords...
finish the game

ya I'll be using hector the motivator for the rest of my life

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
finish the game

ya I'll be using hector the motivator for the rest of my life
I would, but my life is kinda full up right now. I'm currently trying to play through the entire Xenosaga series (as well as Gears, because why not) before Xenoblade X comes out this December, I'm applying for a college (which starts this August, decreasing my free time even further), and shopping for the umpteen bajillion birthdays in my family near this time of year... While keeping up my Smash game up, and hoping to get my holiday shopping done before Xenoblade X comes out, AND trying to learn moon language so I can enjoy games like SoS more fully, instead of having to rely on translation patches. If there's one thing I've learned from my studies so far, it's that Japanese>English translations are inexact at best, due to the vast differences in word connotations and grammatical structure, and that's without translators flat-out changing something for any of an insanely huge number of reasons.

EDIT: Awesome gif, imma save it

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I'm playing through Sword of Seals at the moment. I'm currently stuck on one chapter for about 2 weeks right now.
It's my first FE game. So it hasn't been a cakewalk for me, it literally takes me about 12 hours a day to complete 2 chapters. The reset button has been pressed plenty of times.

BUT

Last edited:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
My friends have been teasing me about this for a while and I thought it was an interesting question to ask.

Are there any songs for stages in Smash that motivate you to fight better than you usually do? One you would counterpick in bracket just so you could do better, over a stage that is better for your character in theory? Mine is Reach for the Stars on the Omega Sonic stage. (I can never remember if it's Windy Hill or Green Hill on the Wii U argh)

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
My friends have been teasing me about this for a while and I thought it was an interesting question to ask.

Are there any songs for stages in Smash that motivate you to fight better than you usually do? One you would counterpick in bracket just so you could do better, over a stage that is better for your character in theory? Mine is Reach for the Stars on the Omega Sonic stage. (I can never remember if it's Windy Hill or Green Hill on the Wii U argh)
Yes, I do. The final boss theme of mario&luigi bowser inside storry for excample. Or the strike theme from the FE stage.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35

I sometimes find myself picking an omega stage just to hear a specific song, some of my favorites are:

Final Destination (Brawl)
Melee Ver. 2
The Devoted
Boss Fight 1 (KI:U)
Pretty much any Xenoblade song

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Honestly, I'm usually too focused on matches to even pay attention to the music. Although, Kalos Pokemon League (Omega) would be an exception since a lot of songs gets me pumped up. Especially Cynthia's battle champion theme, but when the piano solo near the end starts, I always crack up. I could just imagine like Beethoven playing the piano crazily in the background or something.

Speaking of which, if there's another stage I somehow notice the music, it's Duck Hunt. The stage itself is so silly, as well as the music, especially the Duck Hunt Medley. I can never take the stage seriously, and then I start to laugh, and then I lose concentration lol. maybe I should start to listen to my own music

Seriously, can music bans and counterpicks be a thing? =P

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'm playing through Sword of Seals at the moment. I'm currently stuck on one chapter for about 2 weeks right now.
It's my first FE game. So it hasn't been a cakewalk for me, it literally takes me about 12 hours a day to complete 2 chapters. The rest button has been pressed plenty of times.
It took me like a full weak to beat FE4 for the first time
spring vacation well spent

usually together we ride or any other FE track, but when I'm playing ike only one track works and it's not in the game

Last edited:

I always tweak music on stages during bracket and counterpick based on music. I have no shame going through and 'fixing' song selection in PM and sm4sh for an advantage on others' setups.

FD in Melee. I request for my opponent to hold R whenever possible when picking it.
Dreamland in 64, PM, and Melee. The World to Win in 4.
Yoshi's Story's ending on Brawl Yoshi's.
That Melee FD remix in Brawl for Brawl/PM's FD.
GS1 final boss for Norfair.
I turn off the jarring 8 bit themes on Skyworld.
Right There, Ride On, Super Sonic Racing, and Sonic Boom for Green Hill. Rooftop Run and Windy Hill for 4's Green Hill.
Brawl's FD theme.
Battlefield V2 in Brawl and beyond.
Sm4sh's new FD themes.
Would be Pollyanna in Onett Omega if it wasn't butchered in 4 along with select other tracks. They removed a lot of the good stuff, including that sick guitar solo. It's easily my favorite track in Melee and PM. The only way to play it legally is with 20XX's music randonizer if I'm lucky. I might manually change all songs on my setup to it. Making all songs the DK rap is also tempting. Too bad 4 butchered that the worst by removing Lanky and Chunky's parts.
Conquest (Ablaze) on Coliseum.
The calm Gaur Plains theme.
Ken's theme (any version) on Suzaku is a huge power boost.
Anything Dr. Mario on 75m and :4lucina: Zone 2.
LIGHT PLANE VOCAL REMIX!! on Pilotwings.

I always have those songs in mind when picking stages and I try to gentleman any of the nicer omegas on smashladder or actual tournament sets if I strike to FD.

Hell if the opponent wants FD during my final strike then they're my guest if they let me pick one of the nicer omegas via gentleman's clause, I don't care if it gives them a walljump as someone like Sonic when I don't get one with Roy.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion

There are songs that have that effect but atm I can't think of any specific ones. Well, besides the obvious Roy's Hope.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Whenever I'm Roy this song plays:

IT'S ALWAYS A FIESTA WITH ROY!!

PARTY KARAMU FIESTA FOREVA!!

In all seriousness, I forgot to mention that I used to listen to my own music from time to time. Sometime ago I was listening to a specific artist, and I noticed I was playing a lot better. But like, there was one song that was ear-bleeding and I was still doing fine. I stopped listening to my own music though, but maybe I should start doing that again.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Whenever I'm Roy this song plays:

IT'S ALWAYS A FIESTA WITH ROY!!

PARTY KARAMU FIESTA FOREVA!!

In all seriousness, I forgot to mention that I used to listen to my own music from time to time. Sometime ago I was listening to a specific artist, and I noticed I was playing a lot better. But like, there was one song that was ear-bleeding and I was still doing fine. I stopped listening to my own music though, but maybe I should start doing that again.
That is something I think is missing at smash. Adding your own music. I'd know SO many good tracks, I'd probably fill my whole WiiU with it.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
hey alright gonna finish thracia, finally finish chp 21 and 21x. now on... to... chapter... 22...

mother of god

what is this? what is this chapter?

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Promoted Rutger?

Swordmaster has a Skill that give +30 Crit
Yep, promoted. I think it's impossible for Myrmidon Rutger to have that much Crit, lol.
And yeah, Swordmasters have a +30 Crit boost. So do Berserkers, but Rutger in general is the one unit of mine with the highest Crit rate out of my Berserkers and Swordmasters(I use Fir and Geass too), but I don't notice until recently it was that high.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
That's amazing!

I was thinking about ordering a custom controller before, but the price (plus international shipping). Urgh... too many things on my plate that I'd like to get atm.
International shipping ruins everything. The world would benefit all over if we found a way to reduce shipping costs.

'murikans get their fancy free 2-day shipping though. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Yep, promoted. I think it's impossible for Myrmidon Rutger to have that much Crit, lol.
And yeah, Swordmasters have a +30 Crit boost. So do Berserkers, but Rutger in general is the one unit of mine with the highest Crit rate out of my Berserkers and Swordmasters(I use Fir and Geass too), but I don't notice until recently it was that high.
Geass? No way... The wiki doesn't list any character called Geass, is that a typo?

If not, then.. Dou****a? Utenai no ka? Aite wa gakusei da zo.

EDIT: lol @ Smashboards scunthorping.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Last edited:
Top Bottom