• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy or Marth?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Marth has 2 spikes.THINK BEFORE U POST
Marth has ONE spike and ONE meteor. His Dair is a Spike(in the NTSC version of the game at least) and the third attack of his Dancing Blade is a meteor if you use the Downward attack.

Roy also has one spike and two meteor smashes. His Usmash can spike if you hit with the very tip. The third hit of his DED is a meteor if you use the upwards attack. His Dair can also Meteor.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Marth has ONE spike and ONE meteor. His Dair is a Spike(in the NTSC version of the game at least) and the third attack of his Dancing Blade is a meteor if you use the Downward attack.

Roy also has one spike and one meteor. His Usmash can spike if you hit with the very tip. The third hit of his DED is a meteor if you use the upwards attack.
actually, if i recall, roy's usmash can meteor, not a spike. i think exarch was the one who discovered it could be meteor cancelled.

and this thread needs to be closed.
like now.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
I think Roy's counter feels very similar to marth's anyway and it does have different properties (I sometimes get a weird glitchy thing where roy's counter makes people travel in a upside down V)

Timing roy's counter isn't hard at all either I think Roy's counter is better *shrugs*.

Also marth is better unless you like play with a character that lights people on fire than roy is better.
Invisible Ceiling glitch. I did that in a Roy ditto once. XD I predicted an Fsmash, countered it, he was sent across FD and ceiling glitch spiked to his doom. The only good part about roy, lol.

flaco

The Terminator
I would say marth for one reason he is better that roy and I main marth and is much easier to use marth he aint that slow like roy

G@BE

Smash Lord
Velox is right... all you need is 3 moves with Roy.....

F-b spam
downtild
n-air

and one smash
Forward smash

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
why is this thread still here?!?! we all know that marth is better than roy!!
B-Will close this thread pl0x.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Fact of the matter is that Roy actually wields the Fire Emblem in battle, in the hilt of his sword. However, Marth's Fire Emblem is a shield, which he doesn't have in Melee.
And one time a guy beat a Marth with Roy.
Roy counters Marth.

flaco

The Terminator
I still don't get why you guys say that roy is better becuase there is a tier list for a reason and marth is a higer tier that roy man just admit it man roy is slower and does not have the same range as marth thats why marth will always be better

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I still don't get why you guys say that roy is better becuase there is a tier list for a reason and marth is a higer tier that roy man just admit it man roy is slower and does not have the same range as marth thats why marth will always be better
That's right, we're not allowed opinions, let's bow down to the (out of date) tier list! ;)

Zakurai

Smash Rookie
Really, Marth is more faster than Roy, and his air attacks are more "Cleaner" and faster than Roy, but... Roy is actually more stionger than Marth, but is more slower than him. Their both good, but I usually use Marth in my battles instead of Roy. Although this is my opinion.

Aesir

Smash Master
Really, Marth is more faster than Roy, and his air attacks are more "Cleaner" and faster than Roy, but... Roy is actually more stionger than Marth, but is more slower than him. Their both good, but I usually use Marth in my battles instead of Roy. Although this is my opinion.
No actually marth is still stronger. >_>

flaco

The Terminator
well roy hits harder but he is too slow to a professional marth player wont get hit with the slowest attack of roy you know what I mean

KiddyKong123

Smash Rookie
Marth has always been my #1 character to play as in smash melee. So you know marth is my choice.

Velox

Smash Ace
No, NEO's Roy is a subset of Roy, not "Roy".

Also, Revised is right, Roy's Phire cannot be undermined by Marth's top queerness.

Top Bottom