• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Ryu Sound Files Found

Are you excited for these characters?

• Yes

Votes: 823 72.9%
  • No

Votes: 306 27.1%

• Total voters

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Twas only today and this newsletter gets nearly 230 comments. I mean, dang.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Me reading back to last pages:

I thought we got used to lame clones after Dark Pit, Doc and Lucina were a thing for this game.

Also I guess Roy Koopa will be renamed Bully Koopa now.
NO.No Bully,please.The other's names are just embarrassing to hear nowadays,specifically for me.
Also,you're a Gumball fan?

Noice. m8.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Uh, if any Ryu has a chance of getting into Smash, Ryu from the Ninja Gaiden series has a better chance than Street Fighter Ryu. Ninja Gaiden is more relevant to Nintendo's history, it was one of the household NES series names.
I disagree completely.

Street Fighter was a household name for SNES as well.
Street Fighter IV 3DS outsold both the Wii U Ninja Gaiden launch title and the 3DS Dead or Alive game by a substantial amount.
Ryu is easily the most recognizable fighting game character in existence.
Capcom is already collaborating on the title with Nintendo due to Mega Man's inclusion.
Furthermore Capcom as a company is putting out more projects on Nintendo hardware as a whole.

No matter how you slice it, Street Fighter Ryu always had a better shot.

Last edited:

Manta

Smash Cadet
BTW shinyquagsire23 has contributed to many hacking related thing on the 3ds. Not sure if it means Roy and Ryu are going to be in but I'm pretty sure that those files do exist.

shinyquagsire23

Smash Rookie
Heyo,

So I guess this thing just exploded all over the internet, I do a lot of general ROM hacking from Fire Red and into Smash and 3DS stuff. Basically in a nutshell I was waiting for the Mewtwo DLC, although with the explicit interest in decrypting the new files to pick it apart. I did the same with 1.05 but all that was there was Amiibo stuff, so no fun. However (and I was in error originally), 1.06 actually just added that sounds folder, it did not exist in my 1.05 decryption.

So we actually have 2-3 potential stages now as well. F27_AIR_MoriStage_3DS and T09-SDX_PupupuLand_3DS are both Kirby stage songs, with the latter being the remix used in N64 Dreamland in Melee. I actually talked with crediar and apparently these files are nonexistant in the Wii U update. So most likely this was an internal slip-up somehow. Probably originally only intended to include Mewtwo's victory screen music but the whole crew of current songs in that folder got shipped.

Last edited:

bolo

Smash Rookie
Whoa, it sure got salty in here. To be clear, I won't destroy Sakurai's house if Roy comes back or anything like that. I'm not mad. I was just saying I would prefer another character to be added instead. Don't call others haters because they have a different opinion from you.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Whoa, it sure got salty in here. To be clear, I won't destroy Sakurai's house if Roy comes back or anything like that. I'm not mad. I was just saying I would prefer another character to be added instead. Don't call others haters because they have a different opinion from you.
Stop being sensible. Stop. Get out please.

Never understood the overflowing amount of salt whenever anyone gets confirmed. At the end of the day video game characters aren't a big enough deal to get so angry over.

Thanks for doing all this by the way. Really interesting stuff.

I think Ryu and Roy are all but confirmed now, so I really am more interested in the Kirby music. If this means we're getting a new Kirby stage since there are two tracks which is the normal for the 3DS version, then I have to wonder if that means we'll be getting an additional Kirby rep. Bandana Dee could be really fun.

Alternatively they could just be giving us more music for Smash Run for literally no reason. Guess we'll see.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Heyo,

So I guess this thing just exploded all over the internet, I do a lot of general ROM hacking from Fire Red and into Smash and 3DS stuff. Basically in a nutshell I was waiting for the Mewtwo DLC, although with the explicit interest in decrypting the new files to pick it apart. I did the same with 1.05 but all that was there was Amiibo stuff, so no fun. However (and I was in error originally), 1.06 actually just added that sounds folder, it did not exist in my 1.05 decryption.

So we actually have 2-3 potential stages now as well. F27_AIR_MoriStage_3DS and T09-SDX_PupupuLand_3DS are both Kirby stage songs, with the latter being the remix used in N64 Dreamland in Melee. I actually talked with crediar and apparently these files are nonexistant in the Wii U update. So most likely this was an internal slip-up somehow. Probably originally only intended to include Mewtwo's victory screen music but the whole crew of current songs in that folder got shipped.
Do you think this actually be scrapped files forgotten to be cleaned up (ala Forbidden 7?)
Are the any signs that might possibly allude to something like that?

Also many still think you're pulling a hoax with Cutting Room Floor and other dataminers.

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
IIIIII dunno about the Ryu victory theme. It's supposed to be remixed like all the other victory themes.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Real talk, I don't think this guy would sabotage his own rep within the 3DS community by doing this lol :p

And there is the fact that someone else went data mining and found the files as well....

And then there is the fact that they aren't even in the Wii U version.

Hmmmmm......

Last edited:

shinyquagsire23

Smash Rookie
Do you think this actually be scrapped files forgotten to be cleaned up (ala Forbidden 7?)
Are the any signs that might possibly allude to something like that?

Also many still think you're pulling a hoax with Cutting Room Floor and other dataminers.
It could go any which way really, audio files unfortunately mean relatively little, although these particular ones were interesting just because they reveal the idea that those characters have been considered. I did a bit of digging into the other assets of the game and unfortunately found no other references to those characters, so either they have a separate branch of files for those fighters and only forgot to clean up the sounds, or the sounds were more recently added and no other work is done.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
IIIIII dunno about the Ryu victory theme. It's supposed to be remixed like all the other victory themes.
Maybe, but not necessarily.

- Maybe they're going for a nostalgia factor with Ryu, hence the straight SF2 rips.
- Maybe some of the audio is a placeholder and remixes are coming.
- Maybe due to a smaller budget for DLC production they're trying to cut costs, and as a result they just aren't remixing anything. I don't think there was any new audio for Mewtwo, to the point where his voice was a straight rip from Melee.

I could be mistaken on that last point. Anyone, feel free to correct me if so.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
- Maybe due to a smaller budget for DLC production they're trying to cut costs, and as a result they just aren't remixing anything. I don't think there was any new audio for Mewtwo, to the point where his voice was a straight rip from Melee.

I could be mistaken on that last point. Anyone, feel free to correct me if so.
Mewtwo has a new voice actor.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Mewtwo has a new voice actor.
I see. Going off of ten year old memories of Melee doesn't give you the most accurate recollection of these things, so thanks. Admittedly not the biggest Mewtwo fan around so I'm probably missing out on some smaller details.

I won't disregard the last point as they could be trying to cut costs via that route, but it's nice to see that they are in fact willing to put in the extra effort when they feel it's necessary.

Last edited:

mariobros612

Smash Rookie
NNID
mariobros612
It would be so cool if this would be true, but I don't see Ryu being high in the poll. But I definently see :roypm: being high up there. I'd expect Shovel Knight at least. But not Ridley.
He too big already...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
...And its demonic as af.
I see. Going off of ten year old memories of Melee doesn't give you the most accurate memory of these things, so thanks. Admittedly not the biggest Mewtwo fan around so I'm probably missing out on some smaller details.

I won't disregard the last point as they could be trying to cut costs via that route, but it's nice to see that they are in fact willing to put in the extra effort when they feel it's necessary.
Quoting myself in another thread:
The voice actor for Mewtwo is Keiji Fujiwara for all versions. In other words, it's a voice actor Mewtwo never had before.

Like in Melee, his voiced quotes are omitted in non-Japanese versions, replaced by other voice samples instead.

Sources:
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/Super-Smash-Bros-for-Wii-U-and-3DS/
http://i.imgur.com/7j3U2uR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/l2FH8xE.jpg
Anyway, this leak is looking legit. Of course, people should take it with a grain of salt still, but when several hackers find the same files, it makes me think this is far from an elaborate joke.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Does he? He sounds exactly the same
As I said, he's voiced by Keiji Fujiwara in Smash 4. In Melee, he was voiced by Masachika Ichimura.

This said, Fujiwara does a very good Ichimura impression, but the voice does sound a little different.

(And please, let's not go further off-topic. There is a Mewtwo board, after all.)

Last edited:

bolo

Smash Rookie
Stop being sensible. Stop. Get out please.

Never understood the overflowing amount of salt whenever anyone gets confirmed. At the end of the day video game characters aren't a big enough deal to get so angry over.
I'm not angry. That's what I'm saying. :p

Like I said, people sure are salty here. Take it easy smash bros.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
(deleted) <

Last edited:

Redd500

Smash Apprentice
Guys, when it comes to leaks, speculations, hopes, dreams, wishes, etc., don't argue in absolutes, because there is no 100% concrete evidence supporting whether they are true/false.

Nate22Hill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nate22Hill
im excited and also sad. If this is true with all the character dlc then their is no way their making another smash. I didn't believe sakuri when he said it but this might be the last smash.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Guys, when it comes to leaks, speculations, hopes, dreams, wishes, etc., don't argue in absolutes, because there is no 100% concrete evidence supporting whether they are true/false.
Eh. I think it's okay to argue in absolutes when it comes to leaks so long as you are absolutely ready and willing to take all the egg on your face if you end up being wrong. Doesn't seem like that big a deal if it's based off of some kind of logic rather than personal desire. Back down from that though and yeah, really don't deserve the option. Gotta take your wins and losses with grace.

im excited and also sad. If this is true with all the character dlc then their is no way their making another smash. I didn't believe sakuri when he said it but this might be the last smash.
If this is true and these characters do see a release, we're still only at four. The pace that they come out at doesn't necessarily have to be static. I fully expect them to get to somewhere around six and just stop myself, but that's based on very little more than a gut instinct. They'll want Smash to push the NX and their next handheld, after all.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
These characters sucks. man...

I more dissapointment than ever.

Lucas and mewtwo are cool but the others are meh.

And ryu would be bad representation too because Street Fighther 5 is only on Playstation NOT on Wii U to start Up.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I'll be honest, I've never played Panel de Pon... I know it's a puzzle game but that's like... it. All my knowledge on it is right there. Haven't played Bayonetta either. I watched a friend play some of it and wanted to pick it up but never got around to it. As a matter of fact I just added it to my game wishlist, so thanks for reminding me about her. I think she would be cool in Smash. As far as Wario... see, I know Warioware was popular and all, but I liked the Wario Land games so much better. Some of his current moves could definitely be reworked to Wario Land based. It probably won't happen, but it's just what I think.
Panel de Pon was released as Tetris Attack in North America. Japan got the version with all the loli fairies, whereas the west replaced them all with Yoshi's Island characters. She could be an interesting small character that drops garbage blocks on people, shoots panels and sprouts flowers at them.

Bayonetta is super strong in her game, and I fear that if the intense action from her game were reflected accurately in her Smash Bros. incarnation, then she would be the most ridiculously overpowered character in Smash history. Her regular attacks are lightning quick, super strong and big enough to fill the screen, not even counting whatever beastly special moves she would have.

Wario as he is right now is a huge disappointment for me. I'd love him to be a big heavyweight brawler character with grapples and armored shoulder rush moves, as well as numerous transformations and powerups from his games, not this dopey clown who farts at people. That was NEVER in the Warioland games.

SHANTAE. I freaking LOVE Shantae. She would be really interesting in Smash! I always wanted to play her games but could never get ahold of them. (If you can't tell by now, I am very... very poor.) My first Shantae game was Shantae and the Pirate's Curse and I LOVE it. Then again I'm a Metroidvania fanatic, so... also, you have a fighting game?
Shantae is cute and fun for sure, but I don't know if she's a right fit for Smash. If she got in, that'd be great, but I don't see it happening. In the event that she fails to get in Smash I'd love to talk to the creators about getting her in my fighting game, she'd be more than welcome... and yes, I'm trying to make one, it's called GigaMaidens and it's my signature and avatar. I'm trying to avoid going too in-depth on it until I have a demo completed.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Man Ryus just gonna be another lucario clone like mewtwo.
I'm also getting word from one of my sources that Isaac will be a clone of Robin in the game and that K. Rool will use Pichu's old Melee moveset.

Redd500

Smash Apprentice
Eh. I think it's okay to argue in absolutes when it comes to leaks so long as you are absolutely ready and willing to take all the egg on your face if you end up being wrong. Doesn't seem like that big a deal if it's based off of some kind of logic rather than personal desire. Back down from that though and yeah, really don't deserve the option. Gotta take your wins and losses with grace.
Problem is, there are people who don't take it with grace. There are jeers, taunts, and insults from the winning side while the losing side gets silent or pissed off. It may just be a few people who do that, but damn are they loud.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
The "Roy's our boy!" chants cease once there is an actual chance that he's back...

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Well, at least we'll then have two Roys in Sm4sh. So hilarious.

Yeah, I am. But not a very outward one.
Two Roys would be funny.

Yet again,noice.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The "Roy's our boy!" chants cease once there is an actual chance that he's back...
Nice avatar,Skoodge from Invader Zim.One of my favorites.

The others being Spongebob seasons 1-3,Jimmy Neutron,Gumball,Teen Titans Go,and Uncle Grandpa.
Off-topic topic.Do I win yet?:troll:

Last edited:

Fancy

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyChicken
As a massive Street Fighter fan and fan of fighting games in general, I'm pretty happy about this. I remember seeing another person who looked in the files and found the same things, so I don't think this is a hoax. Whether or not it's still planned to be released is a different story.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Even when the game's been out for a couple of months, all the leaks and rumors just don't end. You have to give these people some points for that, at least.

Top Bottom