• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Ryu Sound Files Found

Are you excited for these characters?

• Yes

Votes: 823 72.9%
  • No

Votes: 306 27.1%

• Total voters

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
I thought Sakurai said he wouldn't allow fighting game characters in Smash Bros., but okay, this is just a rumor.
He also said Mewtwo was the only DLC this game was getting.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
The "fighting game characters" comment can be interpreted as being that he was generalizing most fighting game characters as "just punching and kicking" "which they do in their original games". So him adding a fighting game character with some uniqueness is not contradictory to his initial reasoning. It only means Sakurai's realised his misconceptions about fighting game characters are wrong.

In other words, he wasn't saying, "no fighting game characters because they're fighting game characters", he was saying "no fighting game characters because [reasoning]", his [reasoning] was why he excluded them. After he realized that was wrong, it negated his statement. So yup, it all makes sense and the inclusion of Ryu is in line with his previous statements provided Ryu has some unique features.

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
I can't speak for anyone else but I could care less if one party has 10 third parties while other get one. I just don't want Ryu cause I don't care for his character. Besides, what is wrong with having the opinion of thinking other third parties would be much better for smash than Ryu?
im not against someone else getting the third party spot over ryu (though i think it would be awesome). Im just saying the one character per developer rule was never a thing. in reality im fine with anyone who's not freddy, shrek or goku.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the "five empty slots" thing on the game files is showing us that there will be five DLC characters, I think it just says that they have five currently planned or in the works.

I hope so anyway, because we would only have room for two more, and if Wolf is going to happen, that leaves one newcomer, and there are many newcomers that deserve to get in. Namely Inkling and King K. Rool. But neither should be in over Wolf.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
im not against someone else getting the third party spot over ryu (though i think it would be awesome). Im just saying the one character per developer rule was never a thing. in reality im fine with anyone who's not freddy, shrek or goku.
Okay THAT makes sense. While nearly everyone, myself included, made an assumption that such was the case, it was not.
Freddy would be cool even though goku is just as likely.

That isnt exactly evidence.

Sauron_The_Great

Smash Apprentice
NNID
drewsauron
Ah Call BS. I heard rumors about Wolf and Lucas Returning. Heck, It Masahiro Sakurai. He's the lord of Trolls. Maybe Ryu is a codename for something... Ryu Means dragon, right? Or wait... Its Ryu from ninja gaiden!!!

Sauron_The_Great

Smash Apprentice
NNID
drewsauron
I'm not sure what to believe on this. Apparently they were found in the 3DS files and I'm not sure if anyone's confirmed that. I'd like to see Ryu in just becuase I'd be curious of what his moveset could be, but Roy? No thanks. We already have a Roy Koopaling and Lucina.
D
We dont need 3 blue haired swordsman with the same moveset.
Yo roy has RED HAIR.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Ah Call BS. I heard rumors about Wolf and Lucas Returning. Heck, It Masahiro Sakurai. He's the lord of Trolls. Maybe Ryu is a codename for something... Ryu Means dragon, right? Or wait... Its Ryu from ninja gaiden!!!
Well, Lucas already got confirmed, so.... All we need is Wolf for that "leak" to have been somewhat right.

The Icies just won't return if they can't retain their original concept. Ridley is more likely to go playable than the Icies are to return, sad to say.

And Ridley only has a 0.000000000001% chance as is. :p

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
It is real. Cutting Room Floor confirmed it, and I doubt they would ruin their reputation like that.

Plus they are Street Fighter songs. It is Street Fighter.

Sauron_The_Great

Smash Apprentice
NNID
drewsauron
Ah still think bs. Dude, you dont just take a character from ANOTHER FIGHTING GAME SERIES and put it in your own. Just no. The closest the've ever been to that was mega man, and they made him look like himself for smash, not like the big gay guy in MvC.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Ryu from Ninja Gaiden with a Street Fighter victory theme...yeah...right...

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Ah still think bs. Dude, you dont just take a character from ANOTHER FIGHTING GAME SERIES and put it in your own. Just no. The closest the've ever been to that was mega man, and they made him look like himself for smash, not like the big gay guy in MvC.
Then don't buy the DLC. The files are in there, it has been confirmed by many notable hackers and dumpers. Unless they all feel like ruining their reputations (which I doubt, especially Cutting Room), Ryu is there, deal with it.

"Oh no, Sakurai is giving me an extra, unique character that has virtually no reason not to be added, and is completely optional! Sue him!"

What is wrong with putting a fighting game character in a fighting game? Is Smash even a fighting game?

Last edited:

Sauron_The_Great

Smash Apprentice
NNID
drewsauron
Then don't buy the DLC. The files are in there, it has been confirmed by many notable hackers and dumpers. Unless they all feel like ruining their reputations (which I doubt, especially Cutting Room), Ryu is there, deal with it.

"Oh no, Sakurai is giving me an extra, unique character that has virtually no reason not to be added, and is completely optional! Sue him!"

What is wrong with putting a fighting game character in a fighting game? Is Smash even a fighting game?
He's just gonna have his moveset from SF, which is OP. It's like putting Scorpion from Mortal Kombat in smash. It just would be WIERD.

Sauron_The_Great

Smash Apprentice
NNID
drewsauron
Show me the videos of Game footage with them in the game, show me their 3d models that aren't photoshopped, show me their select sounds, and i'll believe it.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
Show me the videos of Game footage with them in the game, show me their 3d models that aren't photoshopped, show me their select sounds, and i'll believe it.
I need to hold Ryu's Firm buttocks in the palm of my hand before even considering that he might not be a figment of everyone's imagination!

... but seriously, a lot of people have found these same game files, and not one person has claimed that they aren't where these 3ds hackers say they are. It doesn't prove 100% that he's gonna be in the game, but as my magic 8 ball tells me, all signs point to yes. But i understand the skepticism considering the flurry of fake and fabricated "leaks" that plague the smash bros community.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
He's just gonna have his moveset from SF, which is OP. It's like putting Scorpion from Mortal Kombat in smash. It just would be WIERD.
Palutena is a goddess and she is in Smash Bros. Ganondorf is literally an immortal demon king and he is in Smash Bros. You cannot possibly say a character is OP. So your argument is extremely invalid.

You don't wan't to believe it so you say it is BS.

Whether you like it or not, the files are there. Deal with it.

Last edited:

CrongGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
CrongGamer
Even after Ryu and Roy, do you guys think they'll still bring in Wolf "pre-ballot"? "Pre-ballot" means that a DLC character was added in or was planned before the results of the ballots were finalized. This is the category that Mewtwo, Lucas (and Roy & Ryu if confirmed) fall under.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Don't get your hopes up... It's just Mega Man in a karate Gi with Street Fighter music as an Easter Egg. This DLC is coming soon this summer.

#BelieveInRyu

Seriously though, I would main the World Warrior in a heartbeat if Ryu was playable. Considering how strong Mega Man's up tilt is Ryu's version would K.O. Bowser at 65%

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
I thought Sakurai said he wouldn't allow fighting game characters in Smash Bros., but okay, this is just a rumor.
Man, it's 2015 and people still don't realize Sakurai lies about things simply to troll his fans? *shakes head*

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
*A list of Fighting Games you never played*

Dead Or Alive 5

Capcom Vs Snk 1 and 2

Soul Calibur 2

Snk Vs Capcom: Chaos

Street Fighter Alpha

Rival Schools

*and many more*

All these Fighting Games featured Fighting Game characters that originated from another fighting game series. Examples from this list are Hiechi from Tekken and Link from LoZ/Smash 64 showing up in Soul Calibur II. HALF of the entire roster In Capcom Vs Snk originated from games NOT made by Capcom, like Fatal Fury and Garou: Mark of Wolves even though they developed Capcom Vs SNK. DOA 5 features characters from Virtua Fighter.

All I am saying is that putting one fighting game character into another fighting game is FAR from new and I really don't see the problem with doing it in Smash. Midway/Neather Realm, Capcom, Snk/Playmore, Namco, they all do it so why not Nintendo/Sora Ltd?

EDIT: Actually, Sonic has been in two fighting games before he was in Smash. He was in Sonic the Fighters for Sega Saturn and in that Game Boy Advance game Sonic Battle so....yeah. Smash has already kinda took a fighting game character and put them into Smash. :/

Last edited:
Top Bottom