• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Ryu Sound Files Found

Are you excited for these characters?

• Yes

Votes: 823 72.9%
  • No

Votes: 306 27.1%

• Total voters

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I rather see Chun Li or M Bison.
Those would be preferable if there had to be a SF character in to ryu though i honestly would rather not see any fighting game characters in smash since one can already fight as them in several games already. if there had to be another capco character i'd go for dr. wily in some crazy mech thing, Bass, Protoman, Phoenix wright(for the ammount of fun sakurai would have with designing this silly characters moveset. you can tell he really gets into the wacky stuff like bowser jr.) or a character from another classic capcom franchise.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yeah, that's a big reason why I don't believe it. Even if they kept the stage music the same (they didn't remix the Green Hill Zone theme, for example), leaving his victory theme unaltered from Street Fighter 2 doesn't make sense. Plus, all of the songs were taken directly from other games.

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Plus, all of the songs were taken directly from other games.
Because Smash Brothers doesn't consist of any unaltered music from other games, right?

As for his victory theme being ripped/unaltered, placeholder could explain it.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Because Smash Brothers doesn't consist of any unaltered music from other games, right?

As for his victory theme being ripped/unaltered, placeholder could explain it.
I did mention Green Hill Zone as an example of Smash Bros. leaving music the same that it was originally; it's just that, when every single piece of music in the alleged leak is taken from other sources (Lucas's and Roy's victory music being the exact same as the other characters in their series, Ryu's stage and victory themes being the exact same as in Street Fighter 2), it seems much more plausible that it could be faked.

If Ryu's victory theme was orchestrated or remixed like every single other victory theme in the game, then I'd be more likely to consider that it's legitimate, but that's not the case, so I'm much more skeptical about it..

Last edited:

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
So this is probably legit after seeing some other people confirm it. I also noticed a new Kirby and Street Fighter stage are likely, seeing as how they have new music for both.

I think the unremixed victory theme is simply a placeholder.

Here is my personal theory. I have no idea how viable it is, but, oh well.
I think Ryu and Roy are not the only DLC that is in the works, they just some how got stuck in the files or something and they accidentally ended up getting spilled.

I really doubt we won't see Wolf or Inkling, even K. Rool seems likely. So I think these extra files were left in the update by mistake, and there are other characters in the works.

At least I hope so.

I don't expect Roy at E3, I think we will see Ryu and Wolf or something like that. At least if my theory is true. If I am wrong, and they really are the only characters currently being worked on, then I guess we would see Roy at E3 and other ones down the line.

Last edited:

DrPac

Smash Cadet
NNID
derek
3DS FC
2793-1053-1017
...eh... BandaiNamco is helping with the game, and we got Capcom Ryu?... the new SF is a Playstation4 exclusive... it's fishy al least...
When Snake got in, his game at the time was being released on every console except the Wii, (yes, the Wii could handle it) so I don't really think it matters as long as they weren't being ***** about it.

Last edited:

LaunchStar

Smash Cadet
Yes, the Wii could handle it...
But should it?
*looks at Star Wars Force Unleashed Wii Version and shudders in fear*

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
SF is an astronomically huge franchise, and one of Capcom's biggest moneymakers. If they're thinking about putting in more reps from the third party companies already in the game then Street Fighter will definitely be considered. You don't get to decide this for them. Your reasons for not wanting more characters are completely arbitrary and ridiculous. They don't just exclude characters for no reason, because they feel like it. They always look at gameplay potential FIRST, and make their decisions based on how interesting the gameplay can potentially be, because they're professionals and not children. If they have an idea for a character that plays well in Smash then there is no reason for them not to try making it, and as far as I see it Ryu could be a great a character. Nintendo chooses who to make as DLC, if you don't want the character then just don't buy him. You are not harmed in any way by ignoring the DLC characters you don't ever intend to use.

Also that thing about "100 characters" shows me that you don't have a clue how percentages work. Good job failing 2nd grade math, I guess.
God, how furious people can get if someone not shares their opinion. Even not refer to any argument. Stop claiming anything that wasn't said, thanks. I said there would be way more characters that are more Nintendo related or were in Smash already. Thats why I said this guy would be horrible.

How stupid can someone be? Turning words around and feeling like the master then. Pretty cool. If you refer to yourself, then I'll explain to you on my example in the last post:
100 characters, 1 percent each character. 10 third party characters = 10%. The rest, 90%, are Nintendo characters.
But yeah, now I'm wondering if you are even able to understand what someone else's written or if you just want to provocate people. You'd better shut up before claiming anything about people you don't know in the internet. Last thing from me here.

cobman456

Smash Rookie
NNID
cobman456
3DS FC
4570-8414-7027
As much as I want my melee main back I don't believe it. I doubt they will put another 3rd party character into the game. Also, ryu already has a bunch of fighting games. However if they are in this is gonna attract more attention to smash. Might as well say GG IF they are in

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Roy better not be a Lucina clone.....
Ryu better not be a Little Mac clone.....

Last edited:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
When Snake got in, his game at the time was being released on every console except the Wii, (yes, the Wii could handle it) so I don't really think it matters as long as they weren't being ****s about it.
In this moment, I preffer to wait, If Ryu is in: =)... if he is out: =)
and Roy... meh, another clone, but I mained he in Melee, so yeah, same reaction...

comics

Smash Cadet
We already have Roy. Why would we need him again? (Although it is kind of strange that he became bald and dyed himself pink...) kappa

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Roy better not be a Lucina clone.....
Ryu better not be a Little Mac clone.....
I see a lot of people say this about Ryu and it just...dumbfounds me. Of course he won't be a Little Mac clone, I'd honestly bet money on that.

B4ssick L3e

Smash Cadet
The music is most definitely fake. Not only would it be incredibly easy to just slap on something completely unchanged and claim you found it in the game, there is no reason for there to be a Retro SFII stage on the 3DS version. U, maybe, but not 3DS, since the only portable main series Street Fighter game was Super Street Fighter IV 3D.
The filenames might not be fake, however.
Megaman stage was from MM2 and was in both games.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Megaman stage was from MM2 and was in both games.
It seems pretty weird that the victory theme would remain the exact same as the 16 bit games when every single other victory theme is of a much higher quality. If any of the songs that were allegedly found were remixed, it would be easier to believe, but when every single one is taken from other sources and not modified in any way, it seems significantly more likely that it could be faked.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
What's with all this doubt all of a sudden?

I thought the 4 different sources + the Kirby characters appearing on Battlefield was proving these files are real.

Snowsong39

Smash Rookie
NNID
Castaway390
3DS FC
1908-1177-8201
I like Roy, he was one of my Project M mains, but why Ryu? I hope Roy does get in, but please, not Ryu.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
What's with all this doubt all of a sudden?

I thought the 4 different sources + the Kirby characters appearing on Battlefield was proving these files are real.
Is everyone just ignoring me? The files are real, the Cutting Floor Team proved them to be real.:
It's easier to stick your head in the sand than to admit something you don't prefer is looking legit. Saw a ton of it over the course of the Smash 4 and Brawl rosters being proven.

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
i get why people are again another clone like roy..

but i find it kind of stupid that the main reason people are against ryu is because of a NON EXISTANT rule that a 3rd party game developer cant have more than one rep....

i will say this. if this is real, ryu's victory fanfare kind of sucks. UNLESS they replace it with a remaster when he comes out, then thats the only thing making me doubt..

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
but i find it kind of stupid that the main reason people are against ryu is because of a NON EXISTANT rule that a 3rd party game developer cant have more than one rep....
I can't speak for anyone else but I could care less if one party has 10 third parties while other get one. I just don't want Ryu cause I don't care for his character. Besides, what is wrong with having the opinion of thinking other third parties would be much better for smash than Ryu?

ImBroken

Smash Rookie
I'm okay with these guys. But I just wish we could give another franchise some representation, Fire Emblem has enough. This is assuming that this is 100% legit which it probably is.

blue-delta

Smash Rookie
NNID
blue-delta
With the release of Mewtwo, the new Mii outfits and version 1.0.6, players have been digging around in the games files to see if they’ve managed to nerf Greninja (again) or provided buffs to characters that need them. With the fall of the Hoo-Hah, comes the rise of this interesting piece of news. /U/shinyquagsire23 on Reddit has uncovered some interesting data. The files he discovered are named as following:

• snd_bgm_Z80_F_Mewtwo_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_Z81_F_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_Z82_F_Lucas_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_Z83_F_Roy_3DS.nus3bank

These files are all victory themes for various characters. Lucas and Mewtwo are known of course, but the interesting thing is that there appears to be files for Roy (of Fire Emblem fame) and Ryu (of Street Fighter fame). While Roy is a returning character, Ryu would be Capcom’s second representative in Smash. So, the discovery of these files on the 3DS version come as a shock to many. Take a listen to the found sounds in the video below.

Keep in mind that this is still a rumor, so be wary.

So what do you guys think about these characters joining Smash Bros? I’m excited for both of these characters, as I’ve mained Roy for a long time and Ryu is my favorite Street Fighter. Hit me up @ Marthmario Marthmario to talk about these recent developments.
Every body did not believe about lucas and look, he was confirmed. Roy and Ryu have to confirmed by now

Let the hype begin

Top Bottom