• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Mewtwo anyone?

Niko90

Smash Cadet
Look, I'm sure there's probably a thread for this, but I sure don't see one. Apologies if there is.

Okay so, I can't say I'm a big fan of Roy and Mewtwo, but the more characters the better in my opinion, and I believe we were promised that they would be included in Brawl. So, was there a last minute cut? Are they super secret and no one has found them yet? Were they never meant to be in Brawl at all?

Answers?....Anyone?

Btw, I'm loving Toon Link, and the game - it's a shame there are so many haters for such a great game. Try making a game better, I dare you.

...er couldn't resist that. Well, cheers.

-Ran

Smash Master
Roy was a Marketing ploy for a new Fire Emblem game that was coming out in Japan [which flopped evidently.] Mew Two was just a highly popular Pokemon which had several movies focused around it, but since the roster of Pokemon increased, they decided to use Lucario in his place [since he had a recent movie, evidently.]

They aren't in Brawl.

Iraku

Smash Cadet
There were no last minute cuts, seeing how the roster was final before SSBB was first announced. And really, how many games have characters so secret, they're not discovered within a week of release? And nobody promised that they would return.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Well actually, Ike is most likely Roy's replacement, as a heavier stronger (better than Roy ;)) version of Marth. Him and Lucario have similarities to Roy & Mewtwo, but have a lot of differences. Mostly improvements.

Wait 'till SSB4 to see them return :p

Niko90

Smash Cadet
You think I'm whining? Like I said, I'm not a fan of either character, but there were several articles saying things such as 'Roy and Mewtwo confirmed in Brawl.' I just figured that meant it was true, but I guess not.

Tachita

Smash Cadet
Supposedly they were intended to be in the game, along with other characters, because they have some files on the disk
But nothing more
they are not in the game in any way
except mewtwo who has the most difficult trophy in the game (clear boss battle on intense, suuuuuure)

I miss mewtwo:urg:

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Yeah, Geno was never in Brawl. Strangely enough the Mushroom Forest tune from Mario RPG was. I guess it was removed due to Square problems.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
mewtwo is in..as a trophy. and who cares. toon link rules. he could kick both mewtwo and roy out of brawl. the characters are fine as they are

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
You think I'm whining? Like I said, I'm not a fan of either character, but there were several articles saying things such as 'Roy and Mewtwo confirmed in Brawl.' I just figured that meant it was true, but I guess not.
All of those articles were not official, and were complete bull****.

Top Bottom