• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I wonder how the Bandana Brigade will would react when if Bandana Dee gets deconfirmed.
I can't speak for everybody else who supports the character, but I can't say that I'd personally be very upset. There'd be a little disappointment, sure, but if I'm being entirely honest, it's not like BD is some ultra-important character that needs to be included.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
If KI would get another rep (and I think it won't) and if it isn't Palutena, it should be Medusa, she's much more iconic to the franchise (I'd actually prefer her in stead of Palutena)... :)

The eggplantwizard is great too though :troll:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I wonder how the Bandana Brigade will would react when if Bandana Dee gets deconfirmed.
My reaction to him deconfirmed: Meh..

Ah Admiral Pit, he's going to be kind of upset if his hopes aren't realized. He's a fragile little guy, you see.
Still remain confident about Palutena.

I wonder how much outcry there would be if Vaati or Tingle was deconfirmed.
Less rage than you think. :>

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
It'd be really sad. I mean, I'm a huge Palutena supported, and would be a little ticked if she was deconfirmed, but I would not react as harshly to it as Admiral and Horsetail would.
I'd be profoundly pissed off to nearly the level of Horsetail. Like, I really want Palutena in Smash 4, and that not happening will not make me a happy person.

Sure, I won't go "SAKURAI Y U DO DIS" but I won't be happy.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If Palutena, the character featured in the franchise's Japanese name, isn't playable, I find it difficult to envision any of the series' other characters playable in her place. Which would be okay, given that Uprising is a single solid game, no more, no less. Also, in before "Durr, do you expect a playable Metroid or something?"

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If my dear friend Ghirahim was deconfirmed, I would want it to be coldly and quietly, via discovery of the whole roster. Nothing could be worse than waking up one morning and seeing a Ghirahim Trophy ripped straight from Skyward Sword on the Smash site's front page. It would be an insult, almost.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
If my dear friend Ghirahim was deconfirmed, I would want it to be coldly and quietly, via discovery of the whole roster. Nothing could be worse than waking up one morning and seeing a Ghirahim Trophy ripped straight from Skyward Sword on the Smash site's front page. It would be an insult, almost.
Yep. That's definitely one of the worst ways of discovering your most wanted newcomer is disconfirmed.

PurpleExcadrill

Smash Cadet
@ PurpleExcadrill PurpleExcadrill Wario seriously isn't getting cut. Lucario and ROB are also most likely staying. I do understand your cut for snake, Ike and wolf somewhat.
Yoga is probably not gonna happen, simply because it's a one time villain.
Lucario and R.O.B are WAY going Wario I was gonna edit to stay. And Yoga is not character

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon all, hope you're all doing well this weekend. Well, I finally updated Ridley's moveset, and here it is:

Size: 10/10 (Ridley’s size is basically the largest character in the game in terms of overall size, closely followed by Bowser, Rosalina and K.Rool. However, Ridley’s weight is much less than that of Bowser and K.Rool, which acts against him in both single player and multiplayer matches. Ridley isn’t overly light, but he’s much lighter than you’d expect of a character his size.)

Strength: 7.5/10 (Ridley’s strength is definitely above average, but as with his thin frame, Ridley isn’t able to hit as hard as say Bowser and K.Rool. However, while he can’t hit as hard as said heavyweights, Ridley’s combo potential is MUCH higher than theirs, as his gameplay ability, the Dragon flight, makes him quite the combo-strong character. He’s no Meta Knight, but he can hold his own)

Speed: 6/10 (Ridley’s speed varies on how he fights, as he’s quite the sluggish character on the ground while he’s faster in the air. Ridley’s overall range on attacks also varies, as his range can go anywhere from very short to very long, most of the long attacks coming from his tail.)

Recovery: 10/10 (Ridley is a character with a total of four initial jumps and a special recovery that lets you fly around while launching fireballs, which gives him incredible abilities to not only recover, but protect himself from edge guards.)

Uniqueness: 8.5/10 (Ridley’s overall style of play is one not seen in Super Smash Bros, as he’s a character who can connect his attacks into aerial floating abilities and back into more attacks in the air. His overall style of play is inspired by Firebrand’s playstyle of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, in which he can use a lot of airborne abilities to keep up combos, which Ridley can as well.)

Gameplay Ability: Dragon Flight (A float ability that is used by holding up on the analog stick during a jump. This float lasts longer than Peach’s, and is Ridley’s main way of combo attacking. All attacks that have connections to this gameplay ability are marked with a “$” on the end.)

Standard A Combo: Pirate Combo (x3, 14% total, attacks twice with two attacks from his claws and then one from his tail)

Forward + A: Dragon Crunch (Neck reaches forward and bites at the opponent, 14%)

Up + A: Cutter Wings (Strikes upward with his wings, doing a small hop into the air, which can trigger dragon flight, 12%) $

Down + A: Tail poke (Tail reaches around and strikes opponent with its pointed end, then retracts behind Ridley. (10%)

Dash Attack: Talon Pincer (While dashing, Ridley will pull back his body and raise up his feet with his talons out, hitting the opponent away. If you hold the button, you can sometimes even grab the opponent and toss them away at the end of the dash, 8%)

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral A: Double Talon Kick (While in the air, Ridley will do a kick with both his legs, 16% total, can connect into Dragon Dash) $

Forward + A: Swooping Beast (Ridley will swoop in a downward arc then back up into the air, now facing the other way, one of the main attacks used with the dragon float ability. 14%) $

Up + A: Wing Gust (Uses the force of his wings to blow wind upward, which creates a wind effect. This attack can connect into Dragon flight. 12% + Air effect) $

Down + A: Fire Breath (Tilts his head down and shoots a blast of fire downwards, can hit opponents for a meteor smash or create a carpet of fire on the ground upon contact, 13%)

Backward + A: Tail Slash (Ridley’s tail will do a slashing motion upward, knocking the opponent up even farther, 14%)

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Supernova Breath (With his head tilted down, will launch a large fireball at the ground in front of him, creating a small explosion. 29%)

Up Smash: Dragon Coil (Ridley’s tail will coil around him then shoot straight up, launching the opponent upward. 24%)

Down Smash: Tail Spear (This unique smash attack allows Ridley to hit hard in front of him with minimal range but have long range behind him but lower damage and knockback as his tail swings around his body. 21-24%)

Grab/Throws:

Grab: Grabs the opponent with both hands, holding them in place

Pummel: Bites the opponent (4%)

Front Throw: Like DK’s unique moving throw, will be able to move forward with opponent then toss them away (10%)

Up Throw: Throws the opponent upward then hits them in midair with a fireball (10%)

Down Throw: Steps on his opponent with his talon and cackles (11%)

Backward Throw: Crunches the opponent in the grip of his tail then tosses them away (12%)

Standard Special: Phazon Breath (By holding the B button, will launch out a maximum of four phazon fireballs from his mouth in a stream-like pattern. This attack has three charge stages, the first launching one fireball, the second launching two, and the third launching four. All four fireballs aim towards the ground, causing a small carpet of fire to ignite on the ground once the fireballs hit it. 7% per fireball)

Side Special: Dragon Toss (Ridley will do a small dash grab in front of him, then fly up into the air with his opponent in his talons. At a certain height, Ridley will crunch the opponent in his talons and throw the opponent downward. Ridley is incapable of using Dragon Flight or other special attacks on the way back down to the ground. Cannot continue to jump after attack finishes. 19% total)

Up Special: Space Turbulence (Ridley be able to fly around freely like in his battle in Super Metroid, being able to launch small fireballs from his mouth through the air to protect his ascent. These small fireballs do minimal damage, but can stop edge guards from stopping Ridley’s return. Ridley will not go into a helpless state once the attack finishes, but he will be unable to use special moves on the return to the ground, or the abyss if he doesn’t make it back to the stage. 5% per fireball)

Down Special: Tail Grinder (Ridley will do a small hop into the air and let his tail grind along the ground, causing sparks to go flying. An opponent caught up in this attack will take multiple hits in a row before the final hit knocks them away. Ridley will drop back down to the ground once the attack is used. In the air, this attack will cause Ridley’s tail to spin around his body in one quick succession. 17% total on the ground, 15% in the air)

Final Smash: Omega Ridley (Ridley will tap into the phazon and transform into the ultimate beast of the Space Pirates, Omega Ridley. With Omega Ridley, you get three extra jumps and every attack is increased in power, as well as an increase in overall size. However, the overall speed of Ridley is the exact same. All Attacks x1.5 damage)

Colors:

#1: Purple (Standard Ridley)

#2: Red (Super Metroid Art Ridley)
#3: Black (Metroid Zero Mission Ridley)
#4: Blue (Original Artwork Ridley)

#5: Bright Purple/Green (Original Metroid Ridley)

#6: Meta Ridley (Metroid Prime)

Taunts:

#1: Ridley will raise his head up and roar

#2: Stretches his wings out, extending his claws

#3: Cackles as his tail smacks against the ground

Winners Circle:

#1: Ridley will fly in from the top of the screen and crash onto the floor

#2: Ridley will have the baby Metroid in his grip, taking off and flying off-screen

#3: Ridley will roar as two space pirates drop in with their guns out, posing and aiming around

Also, are we talking about deconfirming characters? Wow...depressing. :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ghirahim as an AT should knock off the user's sword, then have him steal the sword so Ghirahim can use the sword for himself. :troll:
Just like in the first battle of Ghirahim in Skyward Sword.
I've been working on a moveset for him that has a lot of trickery like that. Now that I think about it, a move where he steals your item would be awesome.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Good afternoon all, hope you're all doing well this weekend. Well, I finally updated Ridley's moveset, and here it is:

Size: 10/10 (Ridley’s size is basically the largest character in the game in terms of overall size, closely followed by Bowser, Rosalina and K.Rool. However, Ridley’s weight is much less than that of Bowser and K.Rool, which acts against him in both single player and multiplayer matches. Ridley isn’t overly light, but he’s much lighter than you’d expect of a character his size.)

Strength: 7.5/10 (Ridley’s strength is definitely above average, but as with his thin frame, Ridley isn’t able to hit as hard as say Bowser and K.Rool. However, while he can’t hit as hard as said heavyweights, Ridley’s combo potential is MUCH higher than theirs, as his gameplay ability, the Dragon flight, makes him quite the combo-strong character. He’s no Meta Knight, but he can hold his own)

Speed: 6/10 (Ridley’s speed varies on how he fights, as he’s quite the sluggish character on the ground while he’s faster in the air. Ridley’s overall range on attacks also varies, as his range can go anywhere from very short to very long, most of the long attacks coming from his tail.)

Recovery: 10/10 (Ridley is a character with a total of four initial jumps and a special recovery that lets you fly around while launching fireballs, which gives him incredible abilities to not only recover, but protect himself from edge guards.)

Uniqueness: 8.5/10 (Ridley’s overall style of play is one not seen in Super Smash Bros, as he’s a character who can connect his attacks into aerial floating abilities and back into more attacks in the air. His overall style of play is inspired by Firebrand’s playstyle of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, in which he can use a lot of airborne abilities to keep up combos, which Ridley can as well.)

Gameplay Ability: Dragon Flight (A float ability that is used by holding up on the analog stick during a jump. This float lasts longer than Peach’s, and is Ridley’s main way of combo attacking. All attacks that have connections to this gameplay ability are marked with a “$” on the end.)

Standard A Combo: Pirate Combo (x3, 14% total, attacks twice with two attacks from his claws and then one from his tail)

Forward + A: Dragon Crunch (Neck reaches forward and bites at the opponent, 14%)

Up + A: Cutter Wings (Strikes upward with his wings, doing a small hop into the air, which can trigger dragon flight, 12%) $

Down + A: Tail poke (Tail reaches around and strikes opponent with its pointed end, then retracts behind Ridley. (10%)

Dash Attack: Talon Pincer (While dashing, Ridley will pull back his body and raise up his feet with his talons out, hitting the opponent away. If you hold the button, you can sometimes even grab the opponent and toss them away at the end of the dash, 8%)

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral A: Double Talon Kick (While in the air, Ridley will do a kick with both his legs, 16% total, can connect into Dragon Dash) $

Forward + A: Swooping Beast (Ridley will swoop in a downward arc then back up into the air, now facing the other way, one of the main attacks used with the dragon float ability. 14%) $

Up + A: Wing Gust (Uses the force of his wings to blow wind upward, which creates a wind effect. This attack can connect into Dragon flight. 12% + Air effect) $

Down + A: Fire Breath (Tilts his head down and shoots a blast of fire downwards, can hit opponents for a meteor smash or create a carpet of fire on the ground upon contact, 13%)

Backward + A: Tail Slash (Ridley’s tail will do a slashing motion upward, knocking the opponent up even farther, 14%)

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Supernova Breath (With his head tilted down, will launch a large fireball at the ground in front of him, creating a small explosion. 29%)

Up Smash: Dragon Coil (Ridley’s tail will coil around him then shoot straight up, launching the opponent upward. 24%)

Down Smash: Tail Spear (This unique smash attack allows Ridley to hit hard in front of him with minimal range but have long range behind him but lower damage and knockback as his tail swings around his body. 21-24%)

Grab/Throws:

Grab: Grabs the opponent with both hands, holding them in place

Pummel: Bites the opponent (4%)

Front Throw: Like DK’s unique moving throw, will be able to move forward with opponent then toss them away (10%)

Up Throw: Throws the opponent upward then hits them in midair with a fireball (10%)

Down Throw: Steps on his opponent with his talon and cackles (11%)

Backward Throw: Crunches the opponent in the grip of his tail then tosses them away (12%)

Standard Special: Phazon Breath (By holding the B button, will launch out a maximum of four phazon fireballs from his mouth in a stream-like pattern. This attack has three charge stages, the first launching one fireball, the second launching two, and the third launching four. All four fireballs aim towards the ground, causing a small carpet of fire to ignite on the ground once the fireballs hit it. 7% per fireball)

Side Special: Dragon Toss (Ridley will do a small dash grab in front of him, then fly up into the air with his opponent in his talons. At a certain height, Ridley will crunch the opponent in his talons and throw the opponent downward. Ridley is incapable of using Dragon Flight or other special attacks on the way back down to the ground. Cannot continue to jump after attack finishes. 19% total)

Up Special: Space Turbulence (Ridley be able to fly around freely like in his battle in Super Metroid, being able to launch small fireballs from his mouth through the air to protect his ascent. These small fireballs do minimal damage, but can stop edge guards from stopping Ridley’s return. Ridley will not go into a helpless state once the attack finishes, but he will be unable to use special moves on the return to the ground, or the abyss if he doesn’t make it back to the stage. 5% per fireball)

Down Special: Tail Grinder (Ridley will do a small hop into the air and let his tail grind along the ground, causing sparks to go flying. An opponent caught up in this attack will take multiple hits in a row before the final hit knocks them away. Ridley will drop back down to the ground once the attack is used. In the air, this attack will cause Ridley’s tail to spin around his body in one quick succession. 17% total on the ground, 15% in the air)

Final Smash: Omega Ridley (Ridley will tap into the phazon and transform into the ultimate beast of the Space Pirates, Omega Ridley. With Omega Ridley, you get three extra jumps and every attack is increased in power, as well as an increase in overall size. However, the overall speed of Ridley is the exact same. All Attacks x1.5 damage)

Colors:

#1: Purple (Standard Ridley)

#2: Red (Super Metroid Art Ridley)
#3: Black (Metroid Zero Mission Ridley)
#4: Blue (Original Artwork Ridley)

#5: Bright Purple/Green (Original Metroid Ridley)

#6: Meta Ridley (Metroid Prime)

Taunts:

#1: Ridley will raise his head up and roar

#2: Stretches his wings out, extending his claws

#3: Cackles as his tail smacks against the ground

Winners Circle:

#1: Ridley will fly in from the top of the screen and crash onto the floor

#2: Ridley will have the baby Metroid in his grip, taking off and flying off-screen

#3: Ridley will roar as two space pirates drop in with their guns out, posing and aiming around

Also, are we talking about deconfirming characters? Wow...depressing. :p
Love it. This ought to prove that he isn't a Charizard clone to the haters.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
While I agree with them not being similar, I'm honestly surprised no one commented that the similar body proportions means a feasible version of Ridley could be created. I mean, Look at his NES Metroid look. Sure it's not the fear-inspiring version of the Prime serious, but there's he's only half a head taller than her, and the tail and wings have similar mechanics in use to Sheik's chain and Charizard's wings... or even Metaknight's for that matter. GIve him a more modern look based off his NES style and wham, we have a viable Ridley. I should state here that I'm not a Ridley Supporter, however he gets in is fine with me.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579

I really want this to happen instead...:happysheep:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Love it. This ought to prove that he isn't a Charizard clone to the haters.
Glad you think so, I even made a video on it that I put out about 15 minutes ago. :p

Also, anyone think we'll get another veteran announcement before the end of the month? Hopefully we finally get another pokemon character? I mean, Mario has five, Zelda has three, and even Kirby has two, while Pokemon has one, we're in dire need of a pokemon veteran announcement.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Glad you think so, I even made a video on it that I put out about 15 minutes ago. :p

Also, anyone think we'll get another veteran announcement before the end of the month? Hopefully we finally get another pokemon character? I mean, Mario has five, Zelda has three, and even Kirby has two, while Pokemon has one, we're in dire need of a pokemon veteran announcement.
Heck, we were in need of a second Pokémon character since Luigi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom