• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
Based on what? Even an opinion should have a basis.
The reason why Lucina is a better choice because.

- If Ike does return in SSB4, I want sakurai take a chance on Lucina and Robin because we never had a female fire emblem character or tactican.

- Lucina Is a very important character in Fire Emblem: Awakening, "She go back to the past save her father (Chrom)."

- Lucina was voted the most popular female character in the Fire Emblem: Awakening Character.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The reason why Lucina is a better choice because.

- If Ike does return in SSB4, I want sakurai take a chance on Lucina and Robin because we never had a female fire emblem character or tactican.
- Lucina Is a very important character in Fire Emblem: Awakening, "She go back to the past save her father (Chrom)."
- Lucina was voted the most popular female character in the Fire Emblem: Awakening Character.
I feel like with Brawl's superb roster, a lot of character additions will be based partially on uniqueness and popularity. With this in mind, I expect three FE characters, and I highly expect one to be of FE Awakening origin.

So it comes down to Chrom or Lucina. Assume we get Marth and Ike back.

Chrom is more similar to Ike, while Lucina is similar to Marth, so uniqueness is difficult at face value.

But, while Chrom is the main character and most expected, Lucina is also expected and somewhat more popular, so I choose her over Chrom.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I don't see Chrom because he's way too similar to Marth and Ike in design and abilities.
I don't see Lucina because she's literally meant as a female Marth. She'd be a semi/full clone.
I can see Robin or Lyndis happening because not only are they different from the current two likely veterans, but in addition, they can be much different!
(Having different hair colors helps too. :bluejump:)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Star Fox Wii U Demo leaked!!!!!!!!:fox::joyful:

Seems pretty Fake though... :(

And talking about K.K.Rool and Dixie, I think both have chances to be together in the roster.
Oh yeah I seen that before definitely fake. It uses assaults music, the year is wrong it's not 1997 it's 1994(might be 3, but it's definitely not 7), and it uses Mass Effect as the background.
Sorry to be a rain on the Parade, as I want a new SF also

Last edited:

Vez

Smash Apprentice
A bit late to an already discussed topic, but I really feel that if Little Mac isn't in this game then I'm not hopefully for the rest of the roster being all that great. I wouldn't call him a "lock" per say, but he's definitely the character I'm most confident about.

And that's certainly not because of the stage or that rumor. I was confident in him before all of that stuff. In regards to the stage though, Sakurai might be a troll but it's very unlikely he would include a stage for a franchise that has one of the most requested characters and then not include the character as well, especially when it's a character that perfectly fits the game.
That would be ridiculous even by Sakurai standards. I mean I like to have a little faith in the guy.

Anyone that claims Mac shouldn't be in just because he only punches is being ridiculous too. Marth only swipes his sword, he's a really simple character and there's nothing flashy or incredibly unique about him, but he's absolutely one of the best characters in the series and one of the most satisfying to play as. There is no reason why Little Mac couldn't be somewhat similar. I'm sure he would be a really popular character if he was added. He's just perfect for Smash.

BELIEVE IN THE MAC.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't see Chrom because he's way too similar to Marth and Ike in design and abilities.
I don't see Lucina because she's literally meant as a female Marth. She'd be a semi/full clone.
I can see Robin or Lyndis happening because not only are they different from the current two likely veterans, but in addition, they can be much different!
(Having different hair colors helps too. :bluejump:)
I feel like any of those characters would play uniquely if the developers wanted them to.

I agree about Chrom, he's basically Marth and Ike fused into one.
I sort of disagree about Lucina though. While she does spend the first five chapters of the game masquerading as Marth, she's very much her own character, and fighting differently than Marth. They'd have to be really lazy to make her a clone, as it seems she'd be a priority.

I've love to see Robin (specifically the default FeMU as it better than the generic looking male or hooded) but I find it as extremely unlikely, as the Avatar is/was not nearly as advertised as Chrom or "Marth", and was never promoted as "Robin". They would have the most unique style, though.

Lyn probably gets the shaft since she's 10 years old now, and she was only an AT in Brawl. She could represent the first interrnational FE release, but that's sort of what Ike's for.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I feel like any of those characters would play uniquely if the developers wanted them to.

I agree about Chrom, he's basically Marth and Ike fused into one. Agreed.
I sort of disagree about Lucina though. While she does spend the first five chapters of the game masquerading as Marth, she's very much her own character, and fighting differently than Marth. They'd have to be really lazy to make her a clone, as it seems she'd be a priority.
I'd like to see them try something different, but I fear the worst.
I've love to see Robin (specifically the default FeMU as it better than the generic looking male or hooded) but I find it as extremely unlikely, as the Avatar is/was not nearly as advertised as Chrom or "Marth", and was never promoted as "Robin". They would have the most unique style, though.
Agreed. I'd prefer the Female.
Lyn probably gets the shaft since she's 10 years old now, and she was only an AT in Brawl. She could represent the first interrnational FE release, but that's sort of what Ike's for.
I wish we could have both. I really like Lyndis a ton, and think she could be amazing.
Responses in Blue.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Robin is a boring character with boring potential.
The only reason anyone wants Robin is because (s)he doesn't use a sword.
Also because everyone hates Chrom for some reason. I still don't understand why.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Also because everyone hates Chrom for some reason. I still don't understand why.
Chrom is way to much like Ike and Marth, if they weren't already in Smash, Chrom would be a good choice. He's just overall bland when we have Marth and Ike.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Roy has blue hair now? :troll:
I knew it. I knew someone would say this.
No, Roy doesn't have blue hair. But he has the EXACT SAME MOVESET AS MARTH.
And people want him back, and those same people say that CHROM WOULDN'T BE UNIQUE ENOUGH.
Just let that sink in for a second.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Roy is nothing like Marth though, all he does is inherent his move-set and changes it with Fire. From playing FE6, Roy has his personality, that is unlike the 2 represented in Brawl, I'm talking about everything about a character as a whole (looks, personality, and etc.) , not just move-set wise. Chrom's personality is a mix of Marth and Ike which makes a boring genric RPG protagonist, plus looks like them combined.

Also back before Awakening came out in the West, I had no idea Lucina was Marth, but from the Fire Emblm wiki, I knew she existed, and before I found out I thought she looked unique compared to Marth until I was spoiled on the wiki, comparing Marth and Lucina they are different, plus she has her own great personality. Unlike Chrom who is just rather bland as a character.

Vez

Smash Apprentice
I find the idea of Robin in Smash more interesting than Chrom, personally. Chrom has nothing going for him really. Even personality wise he was just as dull as Robin. I don't get the appeal.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Roy is nothing like Marth though, all he does is inherent his move-set and changes it with Fire. From playing FE6, Roy has his personality, that is unlike the 2 represented in Brawl, I'm talking about everything about a character as a whole (looks, personality, and etc.) , not just move-set wise. Chrom's personality is a mix of Marth and Ike which makes a boring genric RPG protagonist, plus looks like them combined.

Also back before Awakening came out in the West, I had no idea Lucina was Marth, but from the Fire Emblm wiki, I knew she existed, and before I found out I thought she looked unique compared to Marth until I was spoiled on the wiki, comparing Marth and Lucina they are different, plus she has her own great personality. Unlike Chrom who is just rather bland as a character.
I don't know if Lucina has a great personality, but she does has a great story. Honestly, she's practically more central to the plot than Chrom. Chrom's just there to recruit people and...well.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Roy is nothing like Marth though, all he does is inherent his move-set and changes it with Fire. From playing FE6, Roy has his personality, that is unlike the 2 represented in Brawl, I'm talking about everything about a character as a whole (looks, personality, and etc.) , not just move-set wise.

I understand that, but frankly personality doesn't truly matter in a Smash Bros game. For characters like Luigi and King Dedede, that's their whole appeal. But characters like Villager and Wii Fit Trainer show that you don't need a personality to be a good character.
That being said "inheriting Marth's moveset and changing it with fire" is exactly what I was talking about. Forget personality, Roy is Marth with fire in Smash Bros. In Smash Bros, the Fire Emblem characters don't really have too much personality. They are extremely realistic compared to the normal cartoony Nintendo characters, and I guess that's what really makes them unique in the game. But they are pretty mundane overall. I hope Sakurai can change that, especially with Ike (who was less so than Marth), but I never really understood the appeal of Fire Emblem characters in Smash. They're kind of boring to use compared to everyone else.
I find the idea of Robin in Smash more interesting than Chrom, personally. Chrom has nothing going for him really. Even personality wise he was just as dull as Robin. I don't get the appeal.
I don't necessarily WANT Chrom, but I sure don't want Robin.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Weird my whole post didn't appear lets try again
I don't know if Lucina has a great personality, but she does has a great story. Honestly, she's practically more central to the plot than Chrom. Chrom's just there to recruit people and...well.
Speaking of recruitments, in awakening, I just didn't get the thrill of recruiting characters like past FE games, It was missing that epic sounding theme, that just made you excited like Together We Ride and With Us.

Vez

Smash Apprentice
I actually think Anna would be great just because of her hilarious quotes. She at least has personality unlike Chrom, so that's something going for her. I don't expect her but I think she could be a pretty fun character for sure. I would be perfectly happy if she was the third Fire Emblem character.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The whole first Lord business and novices wanting as much exposure of Fire Emblem: Awakening as possible.

PurpleExcadrill

Smash Cadet
prediction is that we will get 6 newcomers With the inclusion of the 4 announced. And I made 5 cuts. Also a returning Veteran!
The Newcomers I made are:
Yuga, Because of the HUGE moveset potential. He is the only character that I am real iffy about.
Little Mac, Cause he is a highly predicted character
King K Rool, We need more villains but he is in a high competition with Cranky Kong and Dixie Kong for the next Donkey Kong spot. If Little Mac doesnt get in he would have boxing gloves for A moves but if he does get it it will be pure fist.
Krystal, Wolf was one of my cuts so I think Krystal could replace him. Krystal would play diffferent than the other Starfox characters, she would have no blaster but a staff.
Chrom, He is the main character in Fire Emblem Awakening, and he would be a combo of Ike and Marth, Nintendo if he gets in I will be so happy!
And Lastly, Shulk, Xenoblade is a new series, why not promote it with Shulk as a playable character!
And Now My Cuts
Wolf, Because he was a last minute pick
Robotic Operating Buddy, He was Brawl's Gimmick
Snake, Most predicted cut
Ike, Chrom will replace.
Lucario, I will explain soon!
Now to the 1 returning
Mewtwo, Megaform final smash for Gen 6 and Lucario is a clone!
And here Is what it looks like:
NewRoster.png

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
My prediction is that we will get 6 newcomers With the inclusion of the 4 announced. And I made 7 cuts. Also a returning Veteran!
The Newcomers I made are:
Yuga, Because of the HUGE moveset potential. He is the only character that I am real iffy about.
Little Mac, Cause he is a highly predicted character
King K Rool, We need more villains but he is in a high competition with Cranky Kong and Dixie Kong for the next Donkey Kong spot. If Little Mac doesnt get in he would have boxing gloves for A moves but if he does get it it will be pure fist.
Krystal, Wolf was one of my cuts so I think Krystal could replace him. Krystal would play diffferent than the other Starfox characters, she would have no blaster but a staff.
Chrom, He is the main character in Fire Emblem Awakening, and he would be a combo of Ike and Marth, Nintendo if he gets in I will be so happy!
And Lastly, Shulk, Xenoblade is a new series, why not promote it with Shulk as a playable character!
And Now My Cuts
Wolf, Because he was a last minute pick
Robotic Operating Buddy, He was Brawl's Gimmick
Snake, Most predicted cut
Ganondorf, If Yuga gets in, Ganon is gone
Ike, Chrom will replace.
Lucario, I will explain soon!
Wario, My most iffy cut, I am not sure about it.
Now to the 1 returning
Mewtwo, Megaform final smash for Gen 6
And here Is what it looks like:
View attachment 6317
Before people roast this, 39 is wayy too small to be reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom