• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
How many potential release dates and anniversaries have been disregard up to this point? They are nothing more than a mere indication that an opportunity is coming. I mean TF will probably get one as it is a huge launch, aside from that, I don't really think we should be looking to see when a character's debut was to see if the month is going to be the month we get a reveal. It is simply irrational.
Not sure what you're referring to.

The only game to truly be passed over for whatever reason was Pokémon.

Mario 3D world made sense because it would have had to be for a Newcomer.

Sonic Lost World got Sonic in a Nintendo Direct that focused on upcoming titles with Sonic in them.

Marth was random.

Luigi was revealed with a link to Dream Team, Olimar to Pikmin 3, Toon Link to Wind Waker HD, Zelda to ALBW...

Not every character gets a link to a new game coming out (I don't think the exact date matters really), nor does every game get one. The major ones however, I think will get one.

While Kirby Triple Deluxe may not be a big release, it is a perfect opportunity to at least reveal one of the two remaining Kirby characters, hence why I think it's going to happen, and we'll get Dedede.

The characters debut dates are probably a crap point to consider now, seeing as though it hasn't meant anything.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't exactly want to attack babies, let alone a dinosaur with babies.
B-but, they are cartoon babies...

Hello all, woke up late as I spent most of the day in Disneyland yesterday.

Did I miss anything significant?
Nothing changed, just the same usual topics that will forever never change. :p

D

Deleted member

Mario Kart doesn't have that much abuse unless you count the items.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Mario Kart doesn't have that much abuse unless you count the items.
Or track obstacles like Piranha Plants, Cataquacks, Chain Chomps and oncoming traffic...or if you're epileptic Rainbow Road itself.

Baby Wario for Mario Kart 8.

>:U At least he actually exists instead of being made up like Baby Daisy.
Thank you. Everyone seems to stare at me weird when I get pissed they made up Baby Daisy for Kart when Baby DK and Baby Wario(and even Baby Bowser) were perfectly adequate replacements with the added bonus of appearing in the Yoshi games.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Babies shouldn't be playing with Bob-ombs and Chain Chomps. :laugh: Just saying.

If Baby Mario somehow made it to Smash, he would be incomplete without that ear-piercing sound effect from SMW2.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm fine with the babies in Mario Kart as they are just racing. Well sure, they can get hit by items, obstacles and fall into pits or lava etc, but in Smash you'd be directly hurting them with punches, kicks, sword and hammers. In Mario Kart they are just basically getting their vehicles knocked around (and falling into pits) while driving.

Baby Mario in Smash is just an idea I wouldn't be comfortable with.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Baby Wario for Mario Kart 8.

>:U At least he actually exists instead of being made up like Baby Daisy.
I'm fine with the babies in Mario Kart as they are just racing. Well sure, they can get hit by items, obstacles and fall into pits or lava etc, but in Smash you'd be directly hurting them with punches, kicks, sword and hammers. In Mario Kart they are just basically getting their vehicles knocked around (and falling into pits) while driving.

Also, because the Baby characters are just really freaking stupid.

Morbi

Scavenger

This is when I remember that they are just pixels on a screen in a video-game. Their voice-actors are creepy middle-aged men. Most importantly, they do not even resemble real babies...

:troll:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

They fall into lava. LAVA. Forget SSB, I now feel bad for playing against them at Mario Kart. Except Baby Daisy. Seriously.

Also whilst I don't condone the babies being included(because there are better, more important, small child like Mario characters that should be included before them Bowser Jr. and Toad namely) they have been shown they can fight in Mario + Luigi: Partners in Time.

Morbi

Scavenger
They fall into lava. LAVA. Forget SSB, I now feel bad for playing against them at Mario Kart. Except Baby Daisy. Seriously.

Also whilst I don't condone the babies being included(because there are better, more important, small child like Mario characters that should be included before them Bowser Jr. and Toad namely) they have been shown they can fight in Mario + Luigi: Partners in Time.
How do people feel about Toadette's chances? :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom