• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That's a pretty good show actually.
That and Gravity Falls are the only good cartoons on Disney.

Edit: Scratch that, only good SHOWS on Disney.
In your opinion, they are. (I love both shows, especially Gravity Falls)

I don't want to go off topic or start a war of any sort, though I must say I like Good Luck Charlie as well.

On topic, I'm not really sure what games one would refer to as "casual."

Louie G.

Smash Hero
In your opinion, they are. (I love both shows, especially Gravity Falls)

I don't want to go off topic or start a war of any sort, though I must say I like Good Luck Charlie as well.

On topic, I'm not really sure what games one would refer to as "casual."
Me neither, although I don't like to admit that I like Good Luck Charlie.

D

Deleted member

Prof. Kawashima being a "real" person doesn't mean anything.

Especially since it would be the fictional adaptation of him from the Brain Age games anyway. So unless Kawashima is a floating head IRL, not much issue there. Only potential issue would be for using his likeness.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Kawashima's Brain Age version, while a strange choice in my view, I think is at least more viable than Reggie due to it being a video game version of him. I guess Brain Age is also sort of iconic in some sense, not the thing you'd think of whenever you think of Nintendo, but the first game I believe was sold with every DS for quite sometime.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
The scubadiver from Endless Ocean. He can summon fish to attack you, use water based attacks, use treasures he finds underwater as weapons, use a puffer fish like a granade. Melee attacks can consist of using a sword fish and electric eels, he can ride a dolphin as a recovery and ride a jet ski as his running attack, the air tank can also be implemented in some way. Final Smash, he summons a whale or shark to attack. Perfect.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Prof. Kawashima being a "real" person doesn't mean anything.

Especially since it would be the fictional adaptation of him from the Brain Age games anyway. So unless Kawashima is a floating head IRL, not much issue there. Only potential issue would be for using his likeness.
This is true; one of the reasons Disney didn't use the Princess from "Enchanted" in their popular Disney Princess franchise is pretty much down to the actress's likeness costing them a freaking fortune if they mass produced it.

I wonder how much Kawashima actually got from Brain Training...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The scubadiver from Endless Ocean. He can summon fish to attack you, use water based attacks, use treasures he finds underwater as weapons, use a puffer fish like a granade. Melee attacks can consist of using a sword fish and electric eels, he can ride a dolphin as a recovery and ride a jet ski as his running attack, the air tank can also be implemented in some way. Final Smash, he summons a whale or shark to attack. Perfect.
Scuba Diver x Starfy.

The Character Discussion Guidelines and Listings should be updated with the more character threads that have been posted recently.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
How would you all feel if King K. Rool, Ridley, Little Mac, OR Palutena didn't make it in?
Frankly, I'd probably flip.
If none of them made it in? I would pretty disappointed, but I wouldn't care regardless. I would mainly be disappointed that Palutena wasn't in, but I'm no longer 100% behind her.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If none of them made it in? I would pretty disappointed, but I wouldn't care regardless. I would mainly be disappointed that Palutena wasn't in, but I'm no longer 100% behind her.
It's not that I wouldn't buy the game, but those are basically the big 4 contenders and wanted characters.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
How would you all feel if King K. Rool, Ridley, Little Mac, OR Palutena didn't make it in?
Fine.

But I know it's taboo to not like at least one of them on these boards. I guess I'd be disappointed about Little Mac. A bit. At a push. Kinda. More surprised probably than disappointed.

If Mewtwo didn't make it however...THEN I'd be disappointed and shocked.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Fine.

But I know it's taboo to not like at least one of them on these boards. I guess I'd be disappointed about Little Mac. A bit. At a push. Kinda. More surprised probably than disappointed.

I forgot about Mewtwo.
But yeah, definitely agree on the Mewtwo part.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Fine.

My thinking exactly.

The fact that Little Mac has a great chance actually made me like him a lot though.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'd be very disappointed since two of them are ones are my most wanted newcomers and the other two I'd love for them to be in as well. Having said that, I'd still buy the game if the rest of it's good.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I feel as if this question was already asked. But in any case, I'd be fairly disappointed. Metroid NEEDS another representative, Donkey Kong, being the fourth largest franchise Nintendo has next to Mario, Pokemon and Zelda, deserves at least three characters, especially when smaller series' get more consideration. No Little Mac would be a smack in the face. That boxing stage is easily something involving Punch-Out, there's no other way around it at this point. To make a boxing arena stage and not include the actual only BOXER Nintendo has is wrong on so many levels, especially when he's been such a huge star in past years. Palutena is different, I wouldn't be too disappointed, and not too surprised either to be honest. Kid Icarus is the only franchise mentioned that doesn't NEED extra representation, and when a smaller franchise like Kid Icarus is getting more representation than Metroid...there's something wrong here. And adding in another...No Mewtwo would be a shot to the crotch.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd have to say Ridley, K. Rool, Little Mac, Palutena, and Mewtwo are the most wanted newcomers that have good chances. Not including at least one of them would be a terrible move.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If I had to add something more unexpected, I'd probably go with Muddy Mole.

Did someone say Muddy Mole? :D Well, since I haven't brought him up in a while, I figured I'd share this with some of the new members here.

[Collapse=Muddy Mole Moveset by Opossum]A: Right Claw Swipe 2%
AA: Left Claw Swipe 3%
AAA: Alternating claw barrage. 2% per hit
A Side: Muddy does a small punch. Can be performed in quick succession. 8%
A Up: Muddy holds his hands up like a goal post and jumps up. 12%
A Down: Muddy gets low and kicks at the opponent’s feet. 14%
Dash A: Muddy does a leaping somersault forward. 13%
Smash Side: Muddy does a strong headbutt. 18%
Smash Up: Muddy spins upward corkscrewing his claws.22%
Smash Down: Muddy spins low to the ground kicking up a small wave of dirt to both of his sides. 20%
Air A: Muddy does a small midair cartwheel for weak damage. 5%
Forward Air A: Muddy slaps the foe weakly in midair. 4%
Backward Air A: Muddy roundhouse kicks in midair. 7%
Up Air A: Muddy sweeps his claws in an arc. 4%
Down Air A: Muddy kicks the opponent down with both feet. Meteor-Smash. 9%
Grab and Pummel: Muddy grabs the foe and knees them in the torso. 4%
Forward Throw: Muddy kicks the foe ahead of him. 10%
Back Throw: Muddy spins the opponent and throws them back, similar to Mario. 8%
Up Throw: Muddy digs under the foe and hits them with a tack from underneath, sending them upward. 15%
Down Throw: Muddy slams his foe into the ground, kicking up some dirt in the process. 12%
His Neutral B would be the iron ball. Press B once, and it spawns, and stays on the ground in front of you. You can keep it there, and it will act as an unbreakable wall. However, if you press B again when you are close to the ball, you can throw it at your opponent! It will be very slow and not very powerful at first, but if you hold B, Muddy will charge up the throw, increasing the speed, distance, and damage. However, if the opponent hits you during start up, you will drop the ball. The ball will eventually disappear if A.) Too much time passes without you throwing it, or B.) You hit the opponent. Only one Ball can be present at a time per Muddy Mole. It does 15% when pushed forward with no charge, 22% when charged. Going backwards, it does 20% uncharged, and 30% when charged.
His Side B will be the Hole Trap. Muddy would crouch low, dig a small hole, and then be able to leave the scene. The foe wouldn't know where the pitfall spot is, under normal circumstances. When it is stepped on, they fall into a pitfall. Muddy cannot get trapped by this move. So yeah, it's the pitfall item, essentially. Muddy can have up to two of these out on the stage at any given time. 0%
His Up B would be the cabbage jump. After Muddy Mole defeats a boss in his games, he saves one of his children, who pop out of a giant cabbage that falls from the sky, and leap up with a corkscrew-like jump. Muddy would essentially do the same. A giant cabbage would surround him, and he'd pop out using a Wario-like Corkscrew. If used in Midair, the cabbage will fall to the ground, potentially doing damage, and possibly a meteor-smash. When used on land, it disappears after use. I guess you can call it a mix between Wario's and Sonic's. 16% with the corkscrew, 10% if the cabbage hits you.
Muddy Mole's Down B would be Burrow. Going underground was key in Muddy Mole's adventures, so naturally Smash should reflect that. He would dig a hole, and go underground. If used on a passable platform, he'd fall through it. While underground, he can move around very fast, but at the expense of not being able to see where he is. By releasing B, he will pop out of the hole, causing minimal damage. However, you only have a three second time frame to stay underground, otherwise you are forcefully removed from the dirt. This would make up for Muddy's lackluster aerial game.
Finally, his Final Smash would be the Mole Family. When the Smash Ball is obtained, Muddy whistles loudly. His children and wife appear by his side and burrow into the stage. Going with Muddy's theme of stage control, his family makes the entire stage shake with violent tremors. To make matters worse, if the foe gets hit by one of the descending moles, they will be put into a Pitfall state. Every two or so seconds, the tremors cause 6% damage to any foe on the ground. Tripping is also slightly more likely. The effect only lasts for 15 seconds, but Muddy himself is free to move about and perpetuate the foe's agony by keeping them grounded. After 15 seconds, the family emerges. Muddy's wife puts the baby moles in their wagon, and they disappear.
Taunts: Up: He adjusts his sunglasses with a shine and smiles. (With the cliché *ding* sound of course)
Down: He digs a small hole and pulls out a small cabbage. He proceeds to eat it.
Side: He holds out his paw and extends his claws.
Kirby Hat: Kirby dons a pair of shades and a handkerchief.
Codec Conversation: Snake: Colonel, who's the mole wearing sunglasses?
Colonel: That's Muddy Mole, Snake.
Snake: Never heard of him. He's probably no big threat.
Colonel: Be careful, Snake, Muddy here can do something that no one else here can do. He'll dig right beneath you and hit you from the other side.
Snake: That's pretty cheap, wouldn't you say?
Colonel: Coming from the man who's fighting a mole, while using a ton of explosives...just make sure to watch out, Snake.
Snake: What else is there to watch for?
Colonel: Besides digging, Muddy can also launch giant iron balls. And bombs, too.
Snake: ...Ugh.
Playstyle: Basically, Muddy Mole is your trap user to the extreme. Block off certain spots with the Iron Ball, dig underneath it, and hit the foes on the other side is a pretty good tactic. If time is running out on it, throw it for good damage. Being a mole, Muddy is best on the ground, of course. Many of his smashes and throws are powerful. That being said, if you’re playing Muddy in the air for any reason other than recovery, you’re using him wrong. Muddy is just plain bad in the air. Low fall speed, bad aerials, and semi-lightweight an aerial fighter does not make. All in all, Muddy is an interesting character to play as, and will leave the opponents guessing as to which move he’ll use next.[/Collapse]

Yeah, he's honestly who I hope for as a surprise. He'd probably be one of the more off-the-wall choices as far as playstyle, and he comes from a charming retro puzzle game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I'd be a bit dissapointed if all of those characters didn't make it. Mostly because of the lack Ridley and Little Mac. If only one or two were added then it'd be cool. But I guess it would really depend on who was added in their place so to speak, say Dixie instead of K Rool. It would still suck to not see K Rool, but we'd still have another Donkey Kong character nonetheless.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Did someone say Muddy Mole? :D Well, since I haven't brought him up in a while, I figured I'd share this with some of the new members here.

[Collapse=Muddy Mole Moveset by Opossum]A: Right Claw Swipe 2%
AA: Left Claw Swipe 3%
AAA: Alternating claw barrage. 2% per hit
A Side: Muddy does a small punch. Can be performed in quick succession. 8%
A Up: Muddy holds his hands up like a goal post and jumps up. 12%
A Down: Muddy gets low and kicks at the opponent’s feet. 14%
Dash A: Muddy does a leaping somersault forward. 13%
Smash Side: Muddy does a strong headbutt. 18%
Smash Up: Muddy spins upward corkscrewing his claws.22%
Smash Down: Muddy spins low to the ground kicking up a small wave of dirt to both of his sides. 20%
Air A: Muddy does a small midair cartwheel for weak damage. 5%
Forward Air A: Muddy slaps the foe weakly in midair. 4%
Backward Air A: Muddy roundhouse kicks in midair. 7%
Up Air A: Muddy sweeps his claws in an arc. 4%
Down Air A: Muddy kicks the opponent down with both feet. Meteor-Smash. 9%
Grab and Pummel: Muddy grabs the foe and knees them in the torso. 4%
Forward Throw: Muddy kicks the foe ahead of him. 10%
Back Throw: Muddy spins the opponent and throws them back, similar to Mario. 8%
Up Throw: Muddy digs under the foe and hits them with a tack from underneath, sending them upward. 15%
Down Throw: Muddy slams his foe into the ground, kicking up some dirt in the process. 12%
His Neutral B would be the iron ball. Press B once, and it spawns, and stays on the ground in front of you. You can keep it there, and it will act as an unbreakable wall. However, if you press B again when you are close to the ball, you can throw it at your opponent! It will be very slow and not very powerful at first, but if you hold B, Muddy will charge up the throw, increasing the speed, distance, and damage. However, if the opponent hits you during start up, you will drop the ball. The ball will eventually disappear if A.) Too much time passes without you throwing it, or B.) You hit the opponent. Only one Ball can be present at a time per Muddy Mole. It does 15% when pushed forward with no charge, 22% when charged. Going backwards, it does 20% uncharged, and 30% when charged.
His Side B will be the Hole Trap. Muddy would crouch low, dig a small hole, and then be able to leave the scene. The foe wouldn't know where the pitfall spot is, under normal circumstances. When it is stepped on, they fall into a pitfall. Muddy cannot get trapped by this move. So yeah, it's the pitfall item, essentially. Muddy can have up to two of these out on the stage at any given time. 0%
His Up B would be the cabbage jump. After Muddy Mole defeats a boss in his games, he saves one of his children, who pop out of a giant cabbage that falls from the sky, and leap up with a corkscrew-like jump. Muddy would essentially do the same. A giant cabbage would surround him, and he'd pop out using a Wario-like Corkscrew. If used in Midair, the cabbage will fall to the ground, potentially doing damage, and possibly a meteor-smash. When used on land, it disappears after use. I guess you can call it a mix between Wario's and Sonic's. 16% with the corkscrew, 10% if the cabbage hits you.
Muddy Mole's Down B would be Burrow. Going underground was key in Muddy Mole's adventures, so naturally Smash should reflect that. He would dig a hole, and go underground. If used on a passable platform, he'd fall through it. While underground, he can move around very fast, but at the expense of not being able to see where he is. By releasing B, he will pop out of the hole, causing minimal damage. However, you only have a three second time frame to stay underground, otherwise you are forcefully removed from the dirt. This would make up for Muddy's lackluster aerial game.
Finally, his Final Smash would be the Mole Family. When the Smash Ball is obtained, Muddy whistles loudly. His children and wife appear by his side and burrow into the stage. Going with Muddy's theme of stage control, his family makes the entire stage shake with violent tremors. To make matters worse, if the foe gets hit by one of the descending moles, they will be put into a Pitfall state. Every two or so seconds, the tremors cause 6% damage to any foe on the ground. Tripping is also slightly more likely. The effect only lasts for 15 seconds, but Muddy himself is free to move about and perpetuate the foe's agony by keeping them grounded. After 15 seconds, the family emerges. Muddy's wife puts the baby moles in their wagon, and they disappear.
Taunts: Up: He adjusts his sunglasses with a shine and smiles. (With the cliché *ding* sound of course)
Down: He digs a small hole and pulls out a small cabbage. He proceeds to eat it.
Side: He holds out his paw and extends his claws.
Kirby Hat: Kirby dons a pair of shades and a handkerchief.
Codec Conversation: Snake: Colonel, who's the mole wearing sunglasses?
Colonel: That's Muddy Mole, Snake.
Snake: Never heard of him. He's probably no big threat.
Colonel: Be careful, Snake, Muddy here can do something that no one else here can do. He'll dig right beneath you and hit you from the other side.
Snake: That's pretty cheap, wouldn't you say?
Colonel: Coming from the man who's fighting a mole, while using a ton of explosives...just make sure to watch out, Snake.
Snake: What else is there to watch for?
Colonel: Besides digging, Muddy can also launch giant iron balls. And bombs, too.
Snake: ...Ugh.
Playstyle: Basically, Muddy Mole is your trap user to the extreme. Block off certain spots with the Iron Ball, dig underneath it, and hit the foes on the other side is a pretty good tactic. If time is running out on it, throw it for good damage. Being a mole, Muddy is best on the ground, of course. Many of his smashes and throws are powerful. That being said, if you’re playing Muddy in the air for any reason other than recovery, you’re using him wrong. Muddy is just plain bad in the air. Low fall speed, bad aerials, and semi-lightweight an aerial fighter does not make. All in all, Muddy is an interesting character to play as, and will leave the opponents guessing as to which move he’ll use next.[/Collapse]

Yeah, he's honestly who I hope for as a surprise. He'd probably be one of the more off-the-wall choices as far as playstyle, and he comes from a charming retro puzzle game.
I really think he doesn't get enough credit as a potential newcomer.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Man Opossum, you used to advocate so strongly for Muddy.
What happened?
I still do advocate strongly for him, I'm just a bit more reserved with it, as to not pester others, haha. If he ever were to be confirmed playable, the amount of gifs I would post alone would crash the site. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom