• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gune

Smash Lord
Sheriff can die in a fire, Lip is where it's at. kawaii desu~

And we don't need a non-first generation Pokemon. Between Chu, Puff, Red, and Mewtwo, we'd be set for Pokemon. Lucario would be a bonus but wouldn't break the representation if missing.
but it sure would feel empty in the rivalry category...

Gune

Smash Lord
might as well put this double post to good use...
@Hotfeet444
I like the bored roster just needs ike but its fine otherwise.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I like it,the only problems are Chrom replaced Ike,King K.Rool instead of Dixie,I'm 90% sure that Sakurai will put Dixie...and obviously,no Bandana Waddle Dee or Bomberman d:
That 90% seems really conceited. Anyways, I'm not adding another Kirby character and I'm definitely not adding another third party character, let alone Bomberman.

xXBlazeMonkeyXx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xXBlazeMonkeyXx
Pac-Man for Snake
Chrom for Ike
Isa for Starfy
Lip for Sheriff
Matthew for Issac
and you need to have a Pokemon that isn't Gen 1

Ike will get cut when hell freezes over and we need more than just gen 1 Pokemon.
Pac-Man for Snake
Chrom for Ike
Isa for Starfy
Lip for Sheriff
Matthew for Issac
and you need to have a Pokemon that isn't Gen 1

Ike will get cut when hell freezes over and we need more than just gen 1 Pokemon.

- Isaac maybe had stared in more games then Matthew but SSB4 going to be base off the DS/Wii (an their only been one golden sun game on the DS called: "golden sun dark dawn starring his son Matthew"

- Pokemon Trainer (RED) is iconic and was the first trainer from the original red and blue games.

- who the **** is Sheriff???? Lip is the perfect retro character, female character, and will represent the puzzle game genre just like Dr.Mario did in melee.

- I love Snake but konami not even bring MGS5 to the wiiu

- their no reason to bring Ike back, let add characters from the recent fire emblem game (lucina or chrom)

- Starfy got no chance because it's been 6 years when his last game came out "Legend of Starfy"

(i choice characters that are deserving to be in SSB4)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
- Isaac maybe had stared in more games then Matthew but SSB4 going to be base off the DS/Wii (an their only been one golden sun game on the DS called: "golden sun dark dawn starring his son Matthew" Brawl was the era for DS. This is the era for late Wii & 3DS

- who the **** is Sheriff???? Lip is the perfect retro character, female character, and will represent the puzzle game genre just like Dr.Mario did in melee. Lip is anything, but the perfect retro. Maybe you should look up Sheriff, it's a much better choice and is more deserving.

- I love Snake but konami not even bring MGS5 to the wiiu And this matters because, why? Is Snake officially shunned from Nintendo's recognition because of this? What about the Metal Gear game on 3DS?

- their no reason to bring Ike back, let add characters from the recent fire emblem game (lucina or chrom) Wow, that's just stupid. Do you realize Ike is one of the 3 lords to appear in 2 Fire Emblem games and is more popular than Chrom? Ike is the second most popular lord. The point is that hedeserves the spot more. You shouldn't replace a more deserving character because "muh recency"

- Starfy got no chance Lol, good one! He happens to be very likely. He's a Nintendo franchise that has been given a lot of love and has 5 games in the series. The fact that he has been released in NA increases his chances and he's fairly popular in Japan. The last Punch Out was 4 years ago, The last F-Zero game was 10 years ago, you really think Sakurai cares about this?

(i choice characters that are deserving to be in SSB4) Clearly that's not entirely the case.

Here's a roster because I'z bored.
Ike > Chrom (by your logic Genesect or Zoroark should replace Lucario)
Issac > Shulk
You can't just cut ONE character, That's bull ****.

josh bones

Smash Lord
- Isaac maybe had stared in more games then Matthew but SSB4 going to be base off the DS/Wii (an their only been one golden sun game on the DS called: "golden sun dark dawn starring his son Matthew"

- Pokemon Trainer (RED) is iconic and was the first trainer from the original red and blue games.

- who the **** is Sheriff???? Lip is the perfect retro character, female character, and will represent the puzzle game genre just like Dr.Mario did in melee.

- I love Snake but konami not even bring MGS5 to the wiiu

- their no reason to bring Ike back, let add characters from the recent fire emblem game (lucina or chrom)

- Starfy got no chance because it's been 6 years when his last game came out "Legend of Starfy"

(i choice characters that are deserving to be in SSB4)
WRONG WRONG EVERYTHINGS WRONG
-Sheriff is more retro than lip and ISNT third party. Do your research boy.
-Got em There
-Marth clones over a unique char and the most popular lord. No
-Starfy is one of the most likely chars imo

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I like how people argue that it doesn't matter if we have an all gen 1 roster. It's highly likely that Sakurai does NOT think the same.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Why can't we have all gen 1?
It's unbalanced. It's a horrible way to represent the Pokemon series. Even if it is the best gen there are 5 other gens of Pokemon and you don't even have ONE from any of them. Why would Sakurai do that? Especially when there are such popular and beloved Pokemon such as Lucario. It's like having 3 Fire Emblem characters from the same game.

xXBlazeMonkeyXx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xXBlazeMonkeyXx
- Isaac maybe had stared in more games then Matthew but SSB4 going to be base off the DS/Wii (an their only been one golden sun game on the DS called: "golden sun dark dawn starring his son Matthew" Brawl was the era for DS. This is the era for late Wii & 3DS

- who the **** is Sheriff???? Lip is the perfect retro character, female character, and will represent the puzzle game genre just like Dr.Mario did in melee. Lip is anything, but the perfect retro. Maybe you should look up Sheriff, it's a much better choice and is more deserving.

- I love Snake but konami not even bring MGS5 to the wiiu And this matters because, why? Is Snake officially shunned from Nintendo's recognition because of this? What about the Metal Gear game on 3DS?

- their no reason to bring Ike back, let add characters from the recent fire emblem game (lucina or chrom) Wow, that's just stupid. Do you realize Ike is one of the 3 lords to appear in 2 Fire Emblem games and is more popular than Chrom? Ike is the second most popular lord. The point is that hedeserves the spot more. You shouldn't replace a more deserving character because "muh recency"

- Starfy got no chance Lol, good one! He happens to be very likely. He's a Nintendo franchise that has been given a lot of love and has 5 games in the series. The fact that he has been released in NA increases his chances and he's fairly popular in Japan. The last Punch Out was 4 years ago, The last F-Zero game was 10 years ago, you really think Sakurai cares about this?

(i choice characters that are deserving to be in SSB4) Clearly that's not entirely the case.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Lip is anything, but the perfect retro. Maybe you should look up Sheriff, it's a much better choice and is more deserving. lip is a character that originate from the super famicom called "panel del pon" it's a puzzle game. (but outside of japan it was change to "tetra attack & pokemon puzzle league") lip wand also appear as a item in melee & brawl. (panel del pon theme song also in brawl)

- Punch Out was 4 years ago lol punch out wii came after brawl, F-Zero game was 10 years ago sakuari didn't add no f-zero character???, Starfy chance of getting in not very high...

- Brawl was the era for DS. This is the era for late Wii & 3DS LoL so why are we getting a stage "legend of zelda spirit track" on the 3DS version.... -_-

- Ike is the second most popular lord.do you think sakuari cares how popular a character is.... -_-

- Is Snake officially shunned from Nintendo's recognition because of this? What about the Metal Gear game on 3DS? snake should get in over pacman because of that one remake game (pacman and mario had a crossover game called mario kart gp, shigeru miymato also help namco create pacman vs, plus namco helping sakurai developed ssb4.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Did someone seriously ask if Sakurai cares about whether a character is popular?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I might be the only one, but I really want to put this out there: I could definitely see Rhythm Heaven get some representation. I'd say I'm 100% it'll get an assist trophy, 50% sure it'll get a stage, and around 10% sure we could even get a character. As far as Nintendo franchises go, it's one that definitely has a pretty solid style and decent popularity in Japan.

It would also actually lead to rather interesting movesets.

?????????????

Smash Master
It's unbalanced. It's a horrible way to represent the Pokemon series. Even if it is the best gen there are 5 other gens of Pokemon and you don't even have ONE from any of them. Why would Sakurai do that? Especially when there are such popular and beloved Pokemon such as Lucario. It's like having 3 Fire Emblem characters from the same game.
I wouldn't mind having all from 1 gen at all. My roster was like that for a while. I think that if all the most important and recurring characters come from that, then it's okay. I would not, for instance, see an obligation in representing something from the newest Mario and Zelda titles purely for the sake of representing the newer Mario and Zelda games. For instance, Ghirahim. I don't really care for that idea.

That being said, it's not that relevant because Lucario has a reached a point where he has become an iconic Pokemon. Besides him, the only non 1st gen Pokemon that really come to mind are Blaziken and Zoroark, but Lucario is definitely further ahead. Then, the more iconic Pokemon are the older ones, so I think it's fine that, as recurring iconic characters, they take priority.

With Fire Emblem, it's more difficult because there's few important recurring characters, but Marth and Ike make sense. To me, Anna is different in this regard because, while she has a recurring role, it isn't very important.

xXBlazeMonkeyXx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xXBlazeMonkeyXx
WRONG WRONG EVERYTHINGS WRONG
-Sheriff is more retro than lip and ISNT third party. Do your research boy.
-Got em There
-Marth clones over a unique char and the most popular lord. No
-Starfy is one of the most likely chars imo

- i think you need to do some research on lip and the panel del pon series... -__-

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I might be the only one, but I really want to put this out there: I could definitely see Rhythm Heaven get some representation. I'd say I'm 100% it'll get an assist trophy, 50% sure it'll get a stage, and around 10% sure we could even get a character. As far as Nintendo franchises go, it's one that definitely has a pretty solid style and decent popularity in Japan.

It would also actually lead to rather interesting movesets.
It definitely deserves a stage.

Though if it did get a character, who would it be? Karate Joe? What can he do?

xXBlazeMonkeyXx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xXBlazeMonkeyXx
I like how people argue that it doesn't matter if we have an all gen 1 roster. It's highly likely that Sakurai does NOT think the same.

mewtwo is represent the 6 generation with his mega evolution and jigglypuff got her new type fairy... -_-

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
- Lip is anything, but the perfect retro. Maybe you should look up Sheriff, it's a much better choice and is more deserving. lip is a character that originate from the super famicom called "panel del pon" it's a puzzle game. (but outside of japan it was change to "tetra attack & pokemon puzzle league") lip wand also appear as a item in melee & brawl. (panel del pon theme song also in brawl) So???

lol punch out wii came after brawl, Lol, The Legendary Starfy came out after Brawl

sakuari didn't add no f-zero character??? The point is that what matters is how important a character is to Nintendo's history. Not how recent they are. It's a fighting game for Nintendo's greatest not Nintendo's latest. Having a veteran that hasn't had a game in 10 years is no better than having a newcomer that hasn't had a game in 6 years, their games are still a part of Nintendo history.

Starfy chance of getting in not very high... Except I already told you why he is...

- Ike is the second most popular lord.do you think sakuari cares how popular a character is.... -_- Yes, you'd have to be incredibly stupid to think he doesn't.

- Is Snake officially shunned from Nintendo's recognition because of this? What about the Metal Gear game on 3DS? snake should get in over pacman because of that one remake game (pacman and mario had a crossover game called mario kart gp, shigeru miymato also help namco create pacman vs, plus namco helping sakurai developed ssb4. No, Snake should get in over Pac-Man because he already did last time and you've decided to keep one third-party so why not the other? These pros for Pac-Man didn't seem to matter during Brawl at all. Also Sakurai stated that he wouldn't add Namco characters just because they are working on the game.
mewtwo is represent the 6 generation with his mega evolution and jigglypuff got her new type fairy... -_-
That's cool, they are still Gen 1 Pokemon... -_-

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't mind having all from 1 gen at all. My roster was like that for a while. I think that if all the most important and recurring characters come from that, then it's okay.
That's the most annoying part "I'm okay with that so Sakurai should be too." I'm telling you it's a bad way to represent an overall series that has 6 Generations and over 600 Pokemon.

- i think you need to do some research on lip and the panel del pon series... -__-
We already did and our opinion remains the same. I also notice Sakurai often picks retros because they are unique and interesting. I don't see him picking an ugly little girl with a flower over say a Samurai or Arcade Cowboy.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
It definitely deserves a stage.

Though if it did get a character, who would it be? Karate Joe? What can he do?
Karate Joe would not really fit.

Frankly, if there was a Rhythm Heaven character it'd probably be Marshal (lil' white dude with fangs.) Has personality, hosts the most recent game, appears in all of them, and is clearly promoted in the covers of the DS and Wii versions.

I guess it's mostly wishful thinking in that I'd really love to see what they'd do with the character in terms of using recurring games/themes from Rhythm Heaven together into one moveset (karate joe, samurai, monkey, sports, widgets, etc.)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
One of the problems with Rythm Heaven Fever is that it doesn't really have a representative like Mr. Game & Watch or Wii Fit Trainer. You just have to pick the character people like best.

?????????????

Smash Master
That's the most annoying part "I'm okay with that so Sakurai should be too."
I never said that. I just meant that the characters in SSB should be iconic and important to their series, DESPITE what "generation" they come from, and I think that is true enough. Lucario is iconic to Pokemon, but Zant, for instance, was not added as a new Legend of Zelda rep in Brawl, although he was a popular choice for speculation. A character should not be added SOLELY off the basis of recentness. That's why I don't like Wonder Red or Ghirahim; besides moveset potential (another category I generally care less about), I don't think they have a lot going for them.

In fact, I even acknowledged Lucario in my previous statement.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I never said that. I just meant that the characters in SSB should be iconic and important to their series, DESPITE what "generation" they come from, and I think that is true enough. Lucario is iconic to Pokemon, but Zant, for instance, was not added as a new Legend of Zelda rep in Brawl, although he was a popular choice for speculation. A character should not be added SOLELY off the basis of recentness. That's why I don't like Wonder Red or Ghirahim; besides moveset potential (another category I generally care less about), I don't think they have a lot going for them.
You are comparing the representation of Pokemon to Mario & Zelda. That is not the same thing. Apples & Oranges, dude. I would compare it to say Fire Emblem or EarthBound.

?????????????

Smash Master
You are comparing the representation of Pokemon too Mario & Zelda. That is not the same thing. Apples & Oranges, dude.
I'm comparing everything to the basis that SSB is a fighting game for Nintendo's biggest all-stars. Not for the best marketing ploys of current games Nintendo wants to sell.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
One of the problems with Rythm Heaven Fever is that it doesn't really have a representative like Mr. Game & Watch or Wii Fit Trainer. You just have to pick the character people like best.
Or get Marshal and make the moveset representative of all the favorite games from the series.

Kind of like Game and Watch actually ... that there was a good example of how to do it.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Not the most exciting move set...
  • We already have a fitness trainer for stuff like that
  • Why represent a character from Rhythm Heaven Fever if you are not representing music & rhythm???
I'm comparing everything to the basis that SSB is a fighting game for Nintendo's biggest all-stars. Not for the best marketing ploys of current games Nintendo wants to sell.
Don't pull that on me. I am probably one of the biggest advocates for representing Nintendo's greatest regardless of time periods. You are not representing Pokemon well when there are 6 generations of 600 + Pokemon and you pick 4 from 1. Sakurai probably knows this, he always has a Pokemon from another gen and there are so many Pokemon that are incredibly deserving and not from Gen 1. It really doesn't make any sense for a game like Pokemon. For Mario and Zelda the same characters so commonly appear in the same games as the series progresses while games like Pokemon and Fire Emblem keep switching to more and more new characters. This isn't just about having a Pokemon from a new gen, it's representing MORE of the Pokemon universe rather than 1 part of it. What about all the fans who want to see characters that aren't just gen 1? What about all those iconic Pokemon we've met throughout the years? So much Pokemon history and you pick 4 from 1 part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom