• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
No. As then I would want to vomit. And I just got over my vomit spree not that long ago ;-; (I wasn't sick or anything, but for the longest time I was just vomiting for no damned reason and I felt fine. though it made me afraid to eat :/ But ye I don't want to go through that again so no vomiting please. ;-;)

I'm very curious at which route you took for the Bushi as there were 4 different models in the game. o.o
I took the route of a certain character that I don't much care for but has one hell of an incredible design and is part of a fanbase I ended about four months ago...proud moments...proud moments indeed...

Reznor

work in progress
You're telling me that the spin-off exclusive character whom many people hate is more important than the character who frequently appears in main-series games, being the main villain in two of them, and also appears in the spin-offs the other character in question does?
yes

Removals:

Alph
Skyward Zelda/Impa ---> Zelda/Sheik (this recency stuff is getting out of hand)
Dixie Kong ---> King K. Rool
Kamek ---> Shy Guy

Additions:

Pokemon Trainer
Palutena

replacing Toon Link AND Sheik is not going to make fans happy. If you want Zelda to transform into Sheikah, how about everyone's favorite Sheikah: Sheik. And where does Zelda go when you're Impa anyway?
I'd like to know why Alph and Dixie shouldn't get in
still don't get Shyguy would get in before one of the main badguys

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
yes

I'd like to know why Alph and Dixie shouldn't get in
still don't get Shyguy would get in before one of the main badguys
Shy Guy appears WAY more than Kamek in every game and is more Yoshi material as well as having more move potential THAN Kamek. Dixie Kong shouldn't get in because she'd never get in over King K. Rool who also has more move potential. Alph is unnecessary, I think all the Pikmin will go to Olimar.

Reznor

work in progress
And what is your reasoning sir?
first off Waluigi has been in way more games and would rep the mario spin offs
and .... umm.......Bowser jr. ........ he ...... hes stupid

ya I got nothing ....... but still Waluigi should get in

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Shy Guy appears WAY more than Kamek in every game and is more Yoshi material as well as having more move potential THAN Kamek. Dixie Kong shouldn't get in because she'd never get in over King K. Rool who also has more move potential. Alph is unnecessary, I think all the Pikmin will go to Olimar.
That would be like arguing Goomba before Bowser though...

Doesn't regular Mario and Peach even further, represent the spin-offs?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

So bias?

Reznor

work in progress
ScatmansWorld25 explained the shyguy thing
Dixie Kong is in the new DK game and move potential means nothing
why should Pikmin only get 1 rep while KI gets 2 and Alph would probably get the new pikmin

That would be like arguing Goomba before Bowser though...
Doesn't regular Mario and Peach even further, represent the spin-offs?
na they rep all the main games
there is a reason why its called Waluigi Kart

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Wait wat. o.O I don't recall him being in EO4. o.O

EDIT - Heck I don't even know who he is. o.O
The fact is that I liked the design so I worked in some of it on a Bushi unit to make a more detailed character. As for who he is, he's a character from a fighting game called "Darkstalkers", and people think it's funny to pair him up with my favorite videogame character of all time, but I ended that petty fanbase and left them to rot in their own denial. As for the series itself...it's pretty much dead, which is too bad, it's my favorite franchise. :c

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The fact is that I liked the design so I worked in some of it on a Bushi unit to make a more detailed character. As for who he is, he's a character from a fighting game called "Darkstalkers", and people think it's funny to pair him up with my favorite videogame character of all time, but I ended that petty fanbase and left them to rot in their own denial. As for the series itself...it's pretty much dead, which is too bad, it's my favorite franchise. :c
Oh, ok~

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
ScatmansWorld25 explained the shyguy thing
Dixie Kong is in the new DK game and move potential means nothing
why should Pikmin only get 1 rep while KI gets 2 and Alph would probably get the new pikmin

na they rep all the main games
there is a reason why its called Waluigi Kart
  1. Who the hell told you move set potential doesn't mean anything.
  2. I hate when people put someone in for appearing in the last game instead of the person who's obviously more deserving, popular, and important, that's so stupid. King K. Rool is WAY more deserving and important than Dixie. You're acting like King K. Rool is dead and never had any importance to the Donkey Kong franchise. I hate rosters that do that, it's ridicolous.
  3. There's nothing saying enemies can't get in. Shy Guy is not the same as adding Goomba, Koopa, or Deku Scrub. I've already explained why.
  4. Alph getting the new Pikmin would be unnecessary, if he can have special pikmin so can Olimar, unless you imply that he just gets 2 Pikmin which would be dumb.
Anybody who puts in Dixie over K. Rool because of Tropical Freeze just needs to stop. It's the dumbest thing since putting people in just cause they're female. Which is not nearly as dumb. Nobody was doing this until Tropical Freeze. :facepalm:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Considering we were going to get Dixie in Brawl, and TF only helps her chances, you can't really fault people for thinking she might get in over K. Rool. I mean, she has had a playable role in over half the DKC games and was the main protagonist of one of them. Personally I still think K. Rool would get in over her as well, but the chance that Dixie gets implemented first, especially since she was planned previously, is a valid possibility.

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
So, everybody seems to agree that roster size will end up being 44~48. However, let's say the dev team and Sakurai really pump up production to surprise everyone. If they do manage to stretch the roster even further, what could the final roster be? What should be the max?

Reznor

work in progress
  1. Who the hell told you move set potential doesn't mean anything.
  2. I hate when people put someone in for appearing in the last game instead of the person who's obviously more deserving, popular, and important, that's so stupid. King K. Rool is WAY more deserving and important than Dixie. You're acting like King K. Rool is dead and never had any importance to the Donkey Kong franchise. I hate rosters that do that, it's ridicolous.
  3. There's nothing saying enemies can't get in. Shy Guy is not the same as adding Goomba, Koopa, or Deku Scrub. I've already explained why.
  4. Alph getting the new Pikmin would be unnecessary, if he can have special pikmin so can Olimar, unless you imply that he just gets 2 Pikmin which would be dumb.
Anybody who puts in Dixie over K. Rool because of Tropical Freeze just needs to stop. It's the dumbest thing since putting people in just cause they're female. Which is not nearly as dumb. Nobody was doing this until Tropical Freeze. :facepalm:
1. Fox and Captain Falcon did not have any move set potential but they still became playable
2.Dixie Kong is also very important she was playable more than DK in the Country series
3. can you say why once more I don't remember reading it sadly
4. just because they both use pikmin doesn't mean they will have the same move set

Dixie might be more important than King K. Rool (honestly its a mater of opinion who is)
and I don't think she should get in because shes female believe me I hate people who want girls because they are girls more than any one on this site (****ing injustice and their **** roster)

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
So, everybody seems to agree that roster size will end up being 44~48. However, let's say the dev team and Sakurai really pump up production to surprise everyone. If they do manage to stretch the roster even further, what could the final roster be? What should be the max?
Hmmm... 35 veterans and 13 newcomers? That doesn't sound right. As I tried to explain many times, but somehow everyone ended up ignoring my posts for whatever reason:
Say, how come almost every roster adds like 10 characters or so when every Smash game has progressively added more characters than the previous one? (The original introducing 12, Melee introducing 13, Brawl introducing 15).

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Considering we were going to get Dixie in Brawl, and TF only helps her chances, you can't really fault people for thinking she might get in over K. Rool. I mean, she has had a playable role in over half the DKC games and was the main protagonist of one of them. Personally I still think K. Rool would get in over her as well, but the chance that Dixie gets implemented first, especially since she was planned previously, is a valid possibility.
But, that's not WHY he has her. It's because Tropical Freeze. And it doesn't say she was going to be PLAYABLE. For all we know she could have been in the BG for a stage or a duo with Diddy. Does this mean we should now add Toon Zelda and Plusle & Minun?

Shy Guy isn't really that important to Yoshi at all though.
Except he is, more than Kamek actually. Anybody who plays Yoshi wouldn't say he's not important when he's like the face of the bad side and in EVERY game.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And it doesn't say she was going to be PLAYABLE. For all we know she could have been in the BG for a stage or a duo with Diddy. Does this mean we should now add Toon Zelda and Plusle & Minun?.
Except she was. It's all in the data. Sakurai even commented on it.

Except he is, more than Kamek actually. Anybody who plays Yoshi wouldn't say he's not important when he's like the face of the bad side and in EVERY game.
I play Yoshi. Kamek is more important than the goomba of the series.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Alright everyone! The moment you've been waiting for!
It's ALL DONE! :D

Thank you all for your requests and I hope you enjoy them. Do NOT reply directly to this without removing the spoilers so that there isn't a huge amount of room taken up in the reply. Thank you once again and I hope to do more in the future. :chuckle:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wow. Those pics are amazing.

Good job!

Kinda makes me want a Phoenix Wright pic. I won't request it though. You deserve a rest.

Reznor

work in progress
Alright everyone! The moment you've been waiting for!
It's ALL DONE! :D

Thank you all for your requests and I hope you enjoy them. Do NOT reply directly to this without removing the spoilers so that there isn't a huge amount of room taken up in the reply. Thank you once again and I hope to do more in the future. :chuckle:
damn you hotfeet making me change my avatar

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hmmm... 35 veterans and 13 newcomers? That doesn't sound right. As I tried to explain many times, but somehow everyone ended up ignoring my posts for whatever reason:
Because eventually rosters get to the point where fewer newcomers are added than previous iterations because the larger a cast becomes the harder it is to manage them all properly.

But, that's not WHY he has her. It's because Tropical Freeze. And it doesn't say she was going to be PLAYABLE. For all we know she could have been in the BG for a stage or a duo with Diddy. Does this mean we should now add Toon Zelda and Plusle & Minun?
Yeah, if she's to be added solely because of TF, I agree that's faulty reasoning, but being planned in a previous Smash game does in fact mean something. It doesn't necessarily shoot you to the top of the list, but yeah, if a character is on relatively equal ground with another contender from that series, being planned previously can be the thing that would give that character the edge to probably be the most likely. It all depends. What we do know is the majority of characters we've known were planned have ended up playable in a future Smash game.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Yes :troll:

I play Yoshi and Shy Guy isn't more important than Kamek.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I love how at the end, BAM! Omastar.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hey those are great! :D You mind if I include the Layton drawing in the Layton support thread, with credit to you of course? :)

Gotta make a fan art section for it though. I'll do that if you're cool with it.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Hey those are great! :D You mind if I include the Layton drawing in the Layton support thread, with credit to you of course? :)

Gotta make a fan art section for it though. I'll do that if you're cool with it.
I don't mind in the slighest, feel free to. :)

Also, I'm not sure if I can even make a fan-art section, I'm trying to get in touch with a mod, but I've got nothing back. :c

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He's not the Goomba of the series.
Then what is he?

He's not the main villain, a title that belongs to Kamek or some form of Bowser depending on whom you ask.

He's not any type of sidekick or supporting character.

He's just an enemy type who happens to be the first one you see. He's also the most common type of enemy. He is also the weakest. He's the goomba.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Also, I'm not sure if I can even make a fan-art section, I'm trying to get in touch with a mod, but I've got nothing back. :c
Thanks. :D

Nah I was talking about making a fan art section in my OP. Unless you meant that you want to have a fan art section here in Smash Boards. Doesn't Smash Boards already have one? I never checked though... :confused:

Reznor

work in progress

do you mind if I use your pic as my avatar

forgot to ask :awesome:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Because eventually rosters get to the point where fewer newcomers are added than previous iterations because the larger a cast becomes the harder it is to manage them all properly.
Still, it's kinda dumb that a next-gen installment will offer LESS than the previous one.

Oh and yay for Meowth and Lip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom