• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Noel is in the game, but not the anime. And it's not a perfect anime, but it's alright. Want a really good anime? Watch Outlaw Star. ;)

Oh don't over-exaggerate yourself, it's not that bad. Kind of funny that you insult one while watching another that's just as, if not more, chalked with fan-service. :p

Acutally, I'd been putting that one off for ages.

It's literally the last of the 3 "space westerns" I had left to watch.

I watched Bebop and Trigun ages ago, and loved both. I guess I'll return the favor by saying: watch Katanagatari, you won't regret it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Ugh Queens Blade talk. I watched the first of that and was scared for life. It was just sick and disgusting (not in the good way) that I didn't watch another episode of it. e_e I think I will stick to Highschool dxd lol.
Scared for life by Queens Blade? lol.......it's not that bad when you remember crap like BIBLE BLACK exists.
1. Cut Anna or Lyn.

2. Cut Layton.

3. Replace Layton with Sonic.

5. Pokemon should NOT have less reps then Mario or Zelda. So put back Pokemon Trainer.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
That's my friend KingMario92 guys (yes it's a dumb name, but at least it's not as dumb as mine :p ). He my skype/school friend.

Hmm.... Noah may be useful in coming up with some good counter arguments for the Professor Layton support thread that I'm planning to do. Then again, some of his arguments are kinda poor."Sakurai only adds third parties for having a long history with gaming?" No where did Sakurai ever say or imply that (And if he did, show me the source). The only requirements for them is that they have originated in a videogame and that they have appeared on Nintendo consoles, not when or for how long they have been running. Layton has originated in a videogame and his series have been very faithful for Nintendo consoles barring a few spin off's on the IOS and mobile/cell phone devices. Heck I'd say the series had been popular enough to even get a movie out of it. Which is quite the achievement I would say. Especially for such a young franchise.

Hey, every little helps I guess. If you guys see more Layton detractors coming up with arguments like this, let me know. So I can further work on my counter argument list.
Being on a Nintendo console and originating in a video game is NOT how you get in. That would be supporting Veiwtiful Joe, Earthworm Jim, Rayman, and Lester The Unlikely.

It's clear every character he added has been a very long running franchise that dates back a while. Sonic, Snake, and Mega Man all apply to this. Prof. Layton may be popular, but not as much as the 3 third-party characters. Again it's VERY exclusive, that's enough to prove why he won't be in. Too exclusive for Prof. Layton. That's a random choice in the first place.

• No way on earth Anna would ever get in over Ike, Ike is the second most popualr lord of all and unlike others has 2 Installments (the others are Marth & Leif) I don't think Anna is likely in the first place, I just think Ike, Roy, and Lyn are more deserving, even if she is in like everyone.
  • There is also no way Simon would get in over Bomberman.
  • The only other problems are Giriham who's mostly a fad request (like Midna/Zant in Brawl) and Prof. Layton who wouldn't get in such an exclusive roster that's so far only been reserved for long running and popular characters with incredibly successful and numerous games. Also you need to have a Pokemon Trainer of some sort. Not to mention if there is room for Zoroark, that room will be taken by Lucario.
  • Personally (and as of recently) I don't think Mewtwo will count as a gen 6 rep because I doubt that form will be a playable character, but rather a final smash like Super Sonic. Unless it was just that form alone....
I also like the addition of Lyn. I'd leave Roy for DLC as much as he'd be the best and most badass one next to Lyn.

I'm gonna post my new roster soon. I just need brawl backgrounds from Ariand/AEM if he has the time. :)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Oh don't over-exaggerate yourself, it's not that bad. Kind of funny that you insult one while watching another that's just as, if not more, chalked with fan-service. :p
It's not the fan service I have a problem with. e_e

The jelly monster girl thing was freaky as all heck, the main character's sister (the twisted one that basically had incest with her), and just the over all way that first episode was done was sickening. Q_Q

Scared for life by Queens Blade? lol.......it's not that bad when you remember crap like BIBLE BLACK exists.
Yea... I'm not going towards Bibly Black with a ten foot pole. *shudders*

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I forgot to add PT when making this roster, so that's my bad there. The 4 Fire Emblem characters was my FE fanboy side kicking in, so looking back, I probably did go overboard with Fire Emblem.
I have 4 Fire Emblem reps too, but it's mostly just in case Lyn gets in, which the only reason she shouldn't is 4 Fire Emblem reps.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Are we seriously talking about Hentai in here?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I forgot to add PT when making this roster, so that's my bad there. The 4 Fire Emblem characters was my FE fanboy side kicking in, so looking back, I probably did go overboard with Fire Emblem.
I have 4 Fire Emblem reps too, but it's mostly just in case Lyn gets in, which the only reason she shouldn't is 4 Fire Emblem reps.
Roster time!

Main points of this roster:
-5 Mario slots
-5 Pokemon slots
-3 FE reps
-1 Konami rep
-1 Namco rep

Updates:
-Switched Paper Mario for Bowser Jr. Reason being that Paper Mario seems to lack a LOT of support.
-Expanded total character slots to 48

Notes:
-While Pac-Man is more likely, I went with Lloyd because he seems way more interesting. Also, Tales of Symphonia is getting an HD re-release (on the PS3 only :/ ) and I believe Namco just trademarked a couple of new Tales of games.
-Simon instead of Snake because Metal Gear moved on to the "HD" consoles. Castlevania games continue to come out on Nintendo portables, so he takes the spot.
-Lucario could easily stay instead of Genesect, but he's my most wanted character, so I threw him in.
-The 3 blue haired lords seem the most likely, but I'd rather see some other FE reps.

Now, please destroy my ideas.:cyclops:
Simon over Bomberman is almost unimaginable, and I doubt we'll get a Namco rep. Just don't let support or lack of support keep you from predicting characters like Bomberman or Paper Mario, shouldn't base your roster on what people think SHOULD get in, more who WOULD get in.

Reznor

work in progress
well my second roster is done what do people think (its not really in any order)

Brawl Roster.png

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Acutally, I'd been putting that one off for ages.

It's literally the last of the 3 "space westerns" I had left to watch.

I watched Bebop and Trigun ages ago, and loved both. I guess I'll return the favor by saying: watch Katanagatari, you won't regret it.
I need to get back into watching anime, I haven't done so in a while. I still need to finish Gurren Lagann for crying out loud. As for Outlaw Star, let me tell you're going to love the characters. My favorite anime character comes from said anime...(Points at avatar)

It's not the fan service I have a problem with. e_e

The jelly monster girl thing was freaky as all heck, the main character's sister (the twisted one that basically had incest with her), and just the over all way that first episode was done was sickening. Q_Q

Yea... I'm not going towards Bibly Black with a ten foot pole. *shudders*
...It was that creepy joker smile wasn't it? :p

If you think that's creepy, you should see the English Dub. She sounds EXACTLY like Amy Rose. :p But seriously, the first episode is probably the worst in the series, give it another try and watch another, you'll enjoy it to some extent, I guarantee it. :chuckle:

Gonna keep this short, but it's because there are other better characters than Waluigi.
And I also think there are better villains than that of Fawful. Sure, he talks like a lobotomized teenager while trying to text, but c'mon...this guy is much better...

Yes, I did draw that.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You're right, we should talk about a load of garbage instead like Pokemon, or something.
Why not have the best of both worlds?

Pokemon Hentai!

Or even better Fire Emblem Hentai! :troll:

D

Deleted member

GOD DAMN IT! I forgot that trash exists......although it also reminds of the hilarious YT video.
I've only seen the funny ass video myself actually. I was keen enough to read wikipedia before watching it when 4chan recommnded it to me.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
That's my friend KingMario92 guys (yes it's a dumb name, but at least it's not as dumb as mine :p ). He my skype/school friend.

I'm gonna post my new roster soon. I just need brawl backgrounds from Ariand/AEM if he has the time. :)
And your name is more creative? :p
Anyway, I'll be making a new one later on and I'll post it eventually.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well KI is very popular at the very least, maybe add Dark Pit, Hades or Palutena.
KI isn't nearly as popular as Kirby. That said, Sakurai might have different feelings about KI as he does with Kirby. Either way, getting another KI character isn't too unrealistic, I agree, but any more than that probably is.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
...It was that creepy joker smile wasn't it? :p

If you think that's creepy, you should see the English Dub. She sounds EXACTLY like Amy Rose. :p But seriously, the first episode is probably the worst in the series, give it another try and watch another, you'll enjoy it to some extent, I guarantee it. :chuckle:
I did watch the Egnlish Dub version. .-. When it comes to these types of things if there is a option between dub and sub I alway go dub because subs are annoying but I deal with subs if it is the only option to go with, like dxd lol.

When the first episode is that creepy though... It makes me not want to watch any more of the series. e_eI haven't even been watching anime lately. meaning I am a little behind on dxd and will probably have to watch from the begining anime I was trying to watch before. But with my sucky internet it isn't worth it lol.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I did watch the Egnlish Dub version. .-. When it comes to these types of things if there is a option between dub and sub I alway go dub because subs are annoying but I deal with subs if it is the only option to go with, like dxd lol.

When the first episode is that creepy though... It makes me not want to watch any more of the series. e_eI haven't even been watching anime lately. meaning I am a little behind on dxd and will probably have to watch from the begining anime I was trying to watch before. But with my sucky internet it isn't worth it lol.
I can understand the internet problem, it used to suck for me as well. Well then, if you ever do get back into watching Anime, I recommend Outlaw Star to you if you've never seen it. My youtube channel has the first six episodes up if you're interested.

Also, on a brighter note, I'd like to note that both your requests are done and there's only one more character to draw before they're all submitted. :chuckle:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
well my second roster is done what do people think (its not really in any order)

View attachment 1619
Removals:

Alph
Skyward Zelda/Impa ---> Zelda/Sheik (this recency stuff is getting out of hand)
Dixie Kong ---> King K. Rool
Kamek ---> Shy Guy

Additions:

Pokemon Trainer
Palutena

replacing Toon Link AND Sheik is not going to make fans happy. If you want Zelda to transform into Sheikah, how about everyone's favorite Sheikah: Sheik. And where does Zelda go when you're Impa anyway?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
No. As then I would want to vomit. And I just got over my vomit spree not that long ago ;-; (I wasn't sick or anything, but for the longest time I was just vomiting for no damned reason and I felt fine. though it made me afraid to eat :/ But ye I don't want to go through that again so no vomiting please. ;-;)

I can understand the internet problem, it used to suck for me as well. Well then, if you ever do get back into watching Anime, I recommend Outlaw Star to you if you've never seen it. My youtube channel has the first six episodes up if you're interested.

Also, on a brighter note, I'd like to note that both your requests are done and there's only one more character to draw before they're all submitted. :chuckle:
I'm very curious at which route you took for the Bushi as there were 4 different models in the game. o.o

Reznor

work in progress
There's also Bowser Jr and Paper Mario

I also do think that it's fairly likely to get Toad.
sir Waluigi is way more important than Bowser Jr. you are right about Paper Mario though

na we won't get toad he likes peaches dress too much :smirk:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Say, how come almost every roster adds like 10 characters or so when every Smash game has progressively added more characters than the previous one? (The original introducing 12, Melee introducing 13, Brawl introducing 15).

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
sir Waluigi is way more important than Bowser Jr. you are right about Paper Mario though
You're telling me that the spin-off exclusive character whom many people hate is more important than the character who frequently appears in main-series games, being the main villain in two of them, and also appears in the spin-offs the other character in question does?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom