• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
How is it greedy? I mean Mario will probably get another one too. Pokemon is pretty close to Mario in terms of sales and popularity.
I doubt any of them will get cut. I also stated that recency was a terrible argument.

Only reason I didn't claim that for Lucario, is that he is still being used to advertise, which Jiggs can't really say.
Jiggs is being advertised with the other Fairy Pokemon. But, I think recency is a bad argument for Lucario and Jiggs.

And then there are the people who count Pokemon Trainer's pokemon as seperate characters, and to those people that brings the total to 8, which to me makes them sound VERY greedy.
It does kinda SOUND like that :laugh:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And then there are the people who count Pokemon Trainer's pokemon as seperate characters, and to those people that brings the total to 8, which to me makes them sound VERY greedy.
We were talking about slots, not individual characters.

Jiggs is being advertised with the other Fairy Pokemon. But, I think recency is a bad argument for Lucario and Jiggs.
True. So both have no reason to go.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Will Lucario have a reason to go in next Smash installment?
Who knows?

If Gamefreak continues to use him to advertise and he remains a popular pokemon. He will probably stay.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
How is it greedy? I mean Mario will probably get another one too. Pokemon is pretty close to Mario in terms of sales and popularity.

That's true. I don't know, I'm probably overreacting about this. I just wanted to get this off my chest I guess.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That's true. I don't know, I'm probably overreacting about this. I just wanted to get this off my chest I guess.
Having five slots isn't greedy.

However, using the word NEED is greedy. I agree with you there.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Who knows?

If Gamefreak continues to use him to advertise and he remains a popular pokemon. He will probably stay.
To be honest...................that's why I don't think he'll return. Mewtwo was incredibly important character to the whole series, more than Lucario and even he was left out for the hottest one at the time.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Just in the hypothetical scenario where there'll be 6 Pokémon slots, who do you think could take the sixth slot?

I'd think either Meowth or Genesect, but those are just my guesses.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well, since I haven't done so in a while, I decided to make a new roster...

Total Characters: 50
Returning Characters: 34
Newcomers: 16
Cut Characters: 1
Newcomer List: Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, MegaMan, Bowser Jr., King K.Rool, Paper Mario, Impa, Ridley, Mewtwo, Sylveon, Chrom, Palutena, Takamaru, Little Mac, Isaac, Shulk, Sukapon.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
I'm convinced Lucario won't return. I really want him to stay, but he'll most likely get replaced by Zoroark, Mewtwo, or some other Pokemon. Hopefully we don't get anymore Gen 1 pokemon. We don't need anymore of those.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To be honest...................that's why I don't think he'll return. Mewtwo was incredibly important character to the whole series, more than Lucario and even he was left out for the hottest one.
Thing is, Mewtwo fell off the map for a while. He wasn't used to promote and Gamefreak really didn't acknowledge him in Gen 3 or Gen 4. Lucario is still being used and is still acknowledged frequently. This added onto to fact that people hate cuts (Sakurai included) makes me think that Lucario will probably stay.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'm convinced Lucario won't return. I really want him to stay, but he'll most likely get replaced by Zoroark, Mewtwo, or some other Pokemon. Hopefully we don't get anymore Gen 1 pokemon. We don't need anymore of those.
It's very unlikely Lucario would get replaced by Zoroark, as Zoroark pretty much failed as a Lucario like mascot for generation 5.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There's that N word again.
Again, there's no evidence to support Lucario being replaced. If you're going to say he replaced Mewtwo, then do some research. The only replacement in the whole series has been :younglinkmelee: turning into :toonlink:.

Saying Starfy is unlikely is kinda ignorant. People need to realize he's one of the most likely.
How is he likely? I mean to me he seems like a 50-50 character, but how is he likely? I wanna hear your thoughts on this.

If Lucario stays, then he'll stay for every installment since he'll be a two time veteran, it doesn't feel right. Don't you think?
Lucario staying would be awesome. Wouldn't feel bad at all.

Or do you mean, cutting a two time veteran?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Saying Starfy is unlikely is kinda ignorant. People need to realize he's one of the most likely.
I wouldn't say one of the most likely, really. But I definitely think he's in the Top 15 as far as likely newcomers.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It's very unlikely Lucario would get replaced by Zoroark, as Zoroark pretty much failed as a Lucario like mascot for generation 5.
Zoroark is not gen 6 so he has literally no reason to be over Lucario, I don't even have him in the "other" section on my roster.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Well, since I haven't done so in a while, I decided to make a new roster...

Total Characters: 50
Returning Characters: 34
Newcomers: 16
Cut Characters: 1
Newcomer List: Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, MegaMan, Bowser Jr., King K.Rool, Paper Mario, Impa, Ridley, Mewtwo, Sylveon, Chrom, Palutena, Takamaru, Little Mac, Isaac, Shulk, Sukapon.
You seem very insistent on getting rid of Jigglypuff, and basically the only reason I see is that you gotta make room for sylveon... Apparently :p

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
How is he likely? I mean to me he seems like a 50-50 character, but how is he likely?
  • 3 GBA Installments
  • 1 DS installment in Japan, and Finally a western release on DS
  • Insane Move Set Potential
  • He's not THE most popular nominee, but he's pretty popular
How is he NOT likely?

So are you saying Gen 5 won't be represented just like Gen 3 wasn't in Brawl?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
  • 3 GBA Installments
  • 1 DS installment in Japan, and Finally a western release on DS
  • Insane Move Set Potential
  • He's not THE most popular nominee, but he's pretty popular
How is he NOT likely?
It's an impressive resume. That's for sure and Starfy would be kickass.

Just...we haven't seen a new game from him in years and his popularity in terms to smash is dieing (sadly) especially in Japan. Combine this with rumors of Sakurai not liking the character and well....things don't look to hot for our favorite star.

He's got a decent shot if Sakurai looks at Pre-Brawl popularity, but otherwise....

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
There's no big reason as to why Jigglypuff should stay, especially if he has Sylveon to represent the fairy types.
A huge part of smash's history which gives him a large fanbase in smash fans
I don't think Jiggylpuff needs to be a fairy type rep, Jigglypuff functioned just fine without fairy type moves when he/she wasn't a fairy type
Sylveon isn't a likely addition
Don't f*ck with the puff
Jiggs is awesome
etc. etc.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think it's because Jigglypuff is one of the 12 characters to be in every single installment, so therefore, it's "required" to stay.
What's funny is that Ness was originally going to be replaced in Melee and that Jiggs was almost cut in Brawl.

Being part of the original 12 isn't a good argument. Regardless, Jiggs has plenty of reasons to stay.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
What's funny is that Ness was originally going to be replaced in Melee and that Jiggs was almost cut in Brawl.

Being part of the original 12 isn't a good argument. Regardless, Jiggs has plenty of reasons to stay.

It's not something I agree with (I knew about Ness almost not making it in Melee), that's just something almost everyone says. Jigglypuff is a character I want to stay for many reasons, but not because it's one of the "Original 12"

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It's an impressive resume. That's for sure and Starfy would be kickass.

Just...we haven't seen a new game from him in years and his popularity in terms to smash is dieing (sadly) especially in Japan. Combine this with rumors of Sakurai not liking the character and well....things don't look to hot for our favorite star.

He's got a decent shot if Sakurai looks at Pre-Brawl popularity, but otherwise....
That's not a reason.

You don't have to have installments constantly being made near the time of the release of SSB to be in. That would make Matthew unlikely, and more so Issac. And what about all those retro characters.

And I honestly doubt Sakurai will add characters based on his own personal preference. Or we'd have his favorite Pokemon as the reps. I wouldn't use any of these as reasons against Starfy. He's a very important Nintendo All-Star.

I never use being popular in Smash as a reason to be relevant.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's not something I agree with (I knew about Ness almost not making it in Melee), that's just something almost everyone says. Jigglypuff is a character I want to stay for many reasons, but not because it's one of the "Original 12"
I never said you believed that. I was under the impression that you didn't actually, so I was agreeing with you. Sorry if that came out weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom