• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reznor

work in progress
Zoroark sounds pretty fun, because you can pretend to be other characters. Genesect in Pokemon has a pretty good special and physical movepool, so I'd think it would work out pretty well. Meowth can work out too, but I think Genesect would be nice to play as. I really just prefer Genesect. I don't like gen 5's story and most Pokemon but surprisingly I really like some of them. Plus I said this because it's more recent, and you know what Nintendo does.
in a 4 player free for all it might be fun but this is a competitive smash site so competitively thinking this would be useless in most cases (you also have to wonder how long the novelty last)
Genesect seems ok
5th gen isn't recent 6th gen is :drifloon:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Please change your font color, it trolls me and makes me think you typed in a URL.
Well now I HAVE to keep it.
And @ The Suit-less Ace The Suit-less Ace , you made a fatal mistake because every one seems to be in denial about recency affecting chances.
Even though past experiences show that Pokémon and Fire Emblem beg to differ. But hey, Saturn and Xenoblaze aren't here, so you got off easy.
Just don't do it again.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
What I want from the Wario series in SSB4 are:

1. Wario with some new moves... more based on Wario Land games... hopefully get rid of that stupid farting move...
2. Wario Land stage.... Sakurai needs to acknowledge the original Wario sub-series properly... stickers just don't cut it...
3. more trophies for the Wario series besides the playable character and Assist Trophy... I want to see trophies of Captain Syrup, Dangerous Duck, Jimmy T., Mona, etc.
Why don't we have Wario's neutral special be hat swap, where he swaps his hat from his biker Hat to his Classic Hat. And each hat will have a different Moveset, Bike Hat being his existing WarioWare, and Classic Hate being WarioLand moves.

Reznor

work in progress
Well now I HAVE to keep it.
And @ The Suit-less Ace The Suit-less Ace , you made a fatal mistake because every one seems to be in denial about recency affecting chances.
Even though past experiences show that Pokémon and Fire Emblem beg to differ. But hey, Saturn and Xenoblaze aren't here, so you got off easy.
Just don't do it again.
it's true @ The Suit-less Ace The Suit-less Ace be careful when you say the forbidden word

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It could be Slippy seeing as he is more important to the Starfox series and had been in every single one
also I heard from a freind of my friend that japan dislikes Krystal a lot but this might not be true
It could be, but it probably wouldn't be. Japan doesn't dislike Krystal as much as they just don't care about SF anymore in general, including Slippy. No SF characters see much attention as far as requests go, but tbh Krystal is still probably suggested as much as Slippy is, it's just that neither are suggested often.

Krystal is much more popular than Slippy in general, plus she does offer more in terms of a moveset, which I think would be important to Sakurai, as I don't see him adding any more characters based on Fox. I also think Slippy's actual level of importance is debatable since it mostly just stems from being around in all the games, not really ever having an important role in any of them, unlike Krystal.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Stealing my ideas, eh?
:p
Trolling me with every one of your posts, eh?

it's true @ The Suit-less Ace The Suit-less Ace be careful when you say the forbidden word
I heard that if you go into the bathroom at 12:00 to 1:00 in the morning, turn all the lights off, and turn the faucets on hot so they fog up the mirrors, and say, "MuhRecency!" 3 times, Chrom appears out of nowhere and kills you, and then goes into Smash 4.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
.[/quote]
Recency ALONE is not a valid arguement to most of us.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
in a 4 player free for all it might be fun but this is a competitive smash site so competitively thinking this would be useless in most cases (you also have to wonder how long the novelty last)
Genesect seems ok
5th gen isn't recent 6th gen is :drifloon:
You're right, I don't think they'll be putting Aegislashes and Greninjas in SSB4

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Anyone think Wario will be confirmed tomorrow?
Maybe... maybe not...

Let's look at the anniversaries of noteworthy Wario games...

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (Wario's debut)
October 21, 1992 (Japan)
November 1, 1992 (USA)
January 28, 1993 (Europe)

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (Wario's first own game)
January 21, 1994 (Japan)
March 13, 1994 (USA)
May 13, 1994 (Europe)

WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! (the first WarioWare game)
March 21, 2003 (Japan)
May 23, 2003 (Europe)
May 26, 2003 (USA)
June 6, 2003 (Australia)

Game & Wario (the latest Wario game to date)
March 28, 2013 (Japan)
June 23, 2013 (USA)
June 28, 2013 (Europe)
June 29, 2013 (Australia)
November 26, 2013 (Brazil)

Looks like Wario might be confirmed either on January or March... this is just a guesstimate.

Too early. Maybe in a week or so.
In a week, you say? :awesome:

How does January 21 (Monday) or January 28 (Tuesday) sound?

Reznor

work in progress
It could be, but it probably wouldn't be. Japan doesn't dislike Krystal as much as they just don't care about SF anymore in general, including Slippy. No SF characters see much attention as far as requests go, but tbh Krystal is still probably suggested as much as Slippy is, it's just that neither are suggested often.

Krystal is much more popular than Slippy in general, plus she does offer more in terms of a moveset, which I think would be important to Sakurai, as I don't see him adding any more characters based on Fox. I also think Slippy's actual level of importance is debatable since it mostly just stems from being around in all the games, not really ever having an important role in any of them, unlike Krystal.
well Slippy made and fixes the ships so technically if there is no slippy there is no Starfox (or they can just replace him)
I gotta disagree on the moveset thing slippy has about the same potential or maybe slightly less

just gonna say we all know why Krystal is popular and I think it's very stupid that it makes her one of the most popular Starfox characters (and yes I know most people on this site don't like her for that reason)

Knowwuh

Smash Cadet
Here's a question: If you had to add a new rep to every series that has had characters in Smash, who would you pick?

And new means new, so no Mewtwo, Roy etc.
Mario - Rosalina
Yoshi - Kamek
DK - King K Rool
Zelda - Vaati
Metroid - Ridley
Kirby - Bandana Waddle Dee
Star Fox - Slippy
F-Zero - Black Shadow
Pokemon - Hawlucha
Earthbound - Porky

Game & Watch - Octopus
Fire Emblem - Lyndis
Ice Climber - Giant Condor

Pikmin - Rock Pikmin
Wario - Captain Syrup
Kid Icarus - Palutena
Gyromite - Smick

Animal Crossing - Isabelle
Wii Fit - Balance Board

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Nothing really going on here is there? Also yeah, sorry Ashley supporters. I'd say my condolences, but after Kyon9898 has spammed my Smash Bros videos numerous times with support for said character while talking down about my favorite inclusions, I couldn't really care less.

So is there anything to discuss other than Wario?

Reznor

work in progress
Waluigi vs Wario Land newcomer vs Wario Ware newcomer
who would you guys prefer

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Nothing really going on here is there? Also yeah, sorry Ashley supporters. I'd say my condolences, but after Kyon9898 has spammed my Smash Bros videos numerous times with support for said character while talking down about my favorite inclusions, I couldn't really care less.
Have you seen his latest video where he says he is giving up on the Wii U because of Ashley's disconfirmation? :p

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

So is there anything to discuss other than Wario?
Nope we scrapped every Nintendo character in existence that won't cause people to complain here.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Here's a question: If you had to add a new rep to every series that has had characters in Smash, who would you pick?

Mario: Daisy
Donkey Kong: Cranky Kong
Yoshi: Baby Bros.
Wario: Mona
Zelda: Midna
Metroid: Rundas
Kid Icarus: Hades
Kirby: Bandana Dee
Star Fox: Peppy Hare
F-Zero: Black Shadow
Pokémon: Victini
Fire Emblem: Tharja
Mother: Ninten
Pikmin: Brittany
Metal Gear: Psycho Mantis
Sonic: Silver

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Anyone think Wario will be confirmed tomorrow?
I think it will be a couple months before we see him. Ashley is just a tease. It took months before a FE character was confirmed, but we obviously knew one was in the game because of Arena Ferox. I think we'll see a similar situation will happen with Wario.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Waluigi vs Wario Land newcomer vs Wario Ware newcomer
who would you guys prefer
Captain Syrup. :p

Have you seen his latest video where he says he is giving up on the Wii U because of Ashley's disconfirmation? :p
Nope, I don't waste time with his videos. All I can say is he got what he deserved for being a jack@$$, like Noah shoving Starfy down our throats before his inevitable deconfirmation

Nope we scrapped every Nintendo character in existence that won't cause people to complain here.
Well throw the names in a hat and pick one. :p

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Mario: Yeah, I'll stick with Rosalina
DK: King K. Rool
Yoshi: Kamek
Wario: Ashley :(
Legend of Zelda: Toon Zelda
Metroid: Ridley
Kid Icarus: Actually... Viridi.
Retro: Lip
Kirby: Bandana Dee
Star Fox: Krystal
F-Zero: Black Shadow
Pikmin: Alph
Pokemon: Either Blaziken or Gardevoir
Fire Emblem: Robin
Mother: Masked Man

I'm not doing Wii Fit and Animal Crossing as they are new franchises, and no to the third parties. Also, I can't think of a hardware character.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
This is a touchy subject.
On one hand, Waluigi has never appeared in a Wario game (stupid but true).
On another, Waluigi is so closely tied with Wario that I don't think anyone would care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom