• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Apparently there was another leak from a while back that lists Ashley as an Assist Trophy.

Of course, it also lists Shadow and Thajra as playable characters, so I'd take it with several grains of salt.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
With Ashley being shown as an Assist Trophy, it's safe to assume that Wario is back. Then again, Wario has no reason to be cut, considering he's one of the most known Nintendo characters and one of the most popular characters in Brawl.

Of course, it also lists Shadow and Thajra as playable characters, so I'd take it with several grains of salt.
I say it's fake. I don't see Shadow being more than an Assist Trophy. As for Tharja, I don't see her being more than a trophy.

Face it, Tharja being a trophy would already satisfy her fans easily, for we know what they like about her. :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Anyone expecting a second Sonic character or a second Mega Man character is delusional. Just saying.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Also Anna > Nowi > Tharja.
A lot of things are >Thajra, including several dark Mages who could do anything that she can.

Edit: According to Wariofan, the Thajra/Shadow leak was a "joke leak" by someone on this forum. So we can rest easy. Though it does go to show that predicting Ashley as an Assist Trophy isn't that hard.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Apparently there was another leak from a while back that lists Ashley as an Assist Trophy.

That should be enough to throw it in the thrash can. Just saying.

Face it, Tharja being a trophy would already satisfy her fans easily, for we know what they like about her. :troll:
Maybe it will have the same pose as the figurine for maximum fanservice. :troll:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In terms of Ashley, I think it was pretty obvious that she'd only make the cut as an Assist Trophy, and you don't even need a rumor to realize that.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Kamek would be cool, but c'mon, K. Rool is a DK newcomer, so it's a bit of an unfair comparison.

BlueSorrow

Smash Apprentice
Now THIS is what I want. Cold, hard deconfirms.
>Skull Kid, a relatively minor Zelda character that reached fanatic-cult status in respect to wanting to be playable in Smash, is relegated to being an AT.

>Starfy, a relatively minor Nintendo character that reached fanatic-cult status in respect to wanting to be playable in Smash, is relegated to being an AT.

>Ashley, a relatively minor Warioware character that reached fanatic-cult status in respect to wanting to be playable in Smash, is relegated to being an AT.
So this is Sakurai's game, Sakurai...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
>Skull Kid, a relatively minor Zelda character that reached fanatic-cult status in respect to wanting to be playable in Smash, is relegated to being an AT.

>Starfy, a relatively minor Nintendo character that reached fanatic-cult status in respect to wanting to be playable in Smash, is relegated to being an AT.

>Ashley, a relatively minor Warioware character that reached fanatic-cult status in respect to wanting to be playable in Smash, is relegated to being an AT.
And yet Rosalina somehow managed to survive this ordeal...

Not that I'm complaining.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Still better than what Geno got for Brawl; some music.

OK new topic, if only one of them could be chosen who would you pick, a Yoshi newcomer, a Warioware newcomer, or a DK newcomer?
Baby DK and Baby Wario in a tag team. Rep all three.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
To be fair, this question really is a no brainer.

DK has:
  1. King K. Rool; the most requested character overall in the world, bar veteran returnee Mewtwo.
  2. Dixie Kong; one of the greatest female video game protagonists and hugely liked.
  3. Cranky Kong; The original DK who made Nintendo a household name in the first place.
Yoshi has:
  1. Kamek; Bowser's right hand man. Not a bad choice, and probably the best for a Yoshi rep, but considering he's also a Mario character(like Yoshi himself) and his popularity is weak compared to Jr., Waluigi or Toad...
  2. Baby Mario/Luigi/Peach/DK/Wario/Bowser; Not very popular, usually used to pad out Mario Kart's roster. At least Baby Daisy isn't here.
  3. Shy Guy. Who is deconfirmed, although surprisingly popular.
Wario has:
  1. Captain Syrup. Quite a cool pirate lady, but she's a relatively obscure character. Best option for a Wario Land rep anyway. Considering her appearances as the boss/occasional ally.
  2. WarioWare employees, who whilst popular don't offer much that the current Wario can't. Also their most popular one was just disconfirmed today.

Really, DK trumps the other two completely. I don't even like the DK series that much compared to the other two, but it's undoubtedly more deserving.

The music wasn't even in the game, it was unused, so in reality Geno got nothing.
Good.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Here's something nobody likes to talk about. Who's been disconfirmed so far? :awesome:

As far as I know, I think we can safely say that
Toad
Skull Kid
Starfy
Saria
Ashley
Nintendog

Are done. I may be missing somebody.

If you ask me, the only one who really had any sort of shot was Toad. So while we've seen some disconfirmations, they aren't all that game changing.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
If you ask me, the only one who really had any sort of shot was Toad. So while we've seen some disconfirmations, they aren't all that game changing.
Starfy takes resentment to that statement. Though I'm not about to get into that discussion again now that it's completely irrelevant.

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
With Ashley deconfirmed, that means that Mona still has a slight chance of being playable. I don't care if she only has a 0.0000000001% chance of being in, I'm keeping the hope alive.:grin:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Edit: According to Wariofan, the Thajra/Shadow leak was a "joke leak" by someone on this forum. So we can rest easy. Though it does go to show that predicting Ashley as an Assist Trophy isn't that hard.
So it was an intentional joke leak? Interesting, but what if it's reverse psychology and the leak actaully happens. :troll:

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
With Ashley deconfirmed, that means that Mona still has a slight chance of being playable. I don't care if she only has a 0.0000000001% chance of being in, I'm keeping the hope alive.:grin:
I'd say it simply proves that wario characters are bound to assist trophy status if anything (with the exception of wario).

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Here's something nobody likes to talk about. Who's been disconfirmed so far? :awesome:

As far as I know, I think we can safely say that
Toad
Skull Kid
Starfy
Saria
Ashley
Nintendog

Are done. I may be missing somebody.

Balloon Fighter, anyone?
Also Starfy had (arguably) a decent shot as well.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So that makes it:
Toad
Starfy
Skull Kid
Nintendog
Balloon Fighter
Ashley
Saria

Xerneas and Lubba (SMG2) were also disconfirmed, but I really don't think anybody expected them to be playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom