• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
every game one pokemon are dropped from the game. so of course lucario is gonna be dropped
One game is hardly enough to draw a pattern from. Lucario has a lot more going for it than Pichu did. And Mewtwo wasn't planned to be dropped.

FourStar

Smash Ace
Just for the record, I too am also 20, just got done with my sophomore year, and live with my parents.

This is the internet, arguments never go away until one side admits their mistake, drops the argument entirely, or agrees to disagree. You're not going to end anything by increasing the amount of insults thrown back and forth. Granted none of us know the specifics about the beef between you two, but you both need to wise up before a mod needs to get involved.

Honestly I'm betting on a Xenoblade stage that uses music from nothing but the Operation Rainfall games, while the non-Shulk major characters for the latter two games become Assist Trophies. Granted I have not played any of those games, and I'm positive they could work as characters in Smash, but it doesn't take much to see that Xenoblade has the other two beat in almost, if not every way.
i'm dropping the convo as a whole. do't really care what he says now

One game is hardly enough to draw a pattern from. Lucario has a lot more going for it than Pichu did. And Mewtwo wasn't planned to be dropped.
but i see it to become a pattern. i mean mewtwo had his fame in pokemon and then went away. same with lucario. and soon its time for zoroark or the new mewtwo

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So apparently Pac-Man is getting a game on the Wii U and 3DS. It's based on the new cartoon and will give Pac-man new powers.

So apparently some people think this might help Pac-Man's chances given that he now has new abilities. (They gave him a Yoshi tongue via power up.....he's going to hunt us down and eat us! Game over man game over!)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
but i see it to become a pattern. i mean mewtwo had his fame in pokemon and then went away. same with lucario. and soon its time for zoroark or the new mewtwo
You can see it however you want, but it's not an actual pattern. Mewtwo has been planned at least three times before, and even if he isn't at his popularity's peak, he's still the most popular Nintendo character requested for Smash 4, and has once again become relevant to current Pokemon, so his "fame" still stands. Lucario still has popularity and is still being used by GF at least semi-regularly, and as a unique popular character, it's unlikely he'll be dropped like Pichu, if anything he'll be planned but won't make the final roster cut (which IMO is unlikely - but at least plausible).

The only Pokemon character actually "dropped" without the intention to be playable is Pichu in Brawl. You're looking for patterns that don't exist. If Pokemon had to cut after their time had passed, we wouldn't keep getting Jigglypuff. We can have both a new Pokemon (or Mewtwo's new form) and Lucario.

D

Deleted member

So apparently Pac-Man is getting a game on the Wii U and 3DS. It's base don the new cartoon and will give Pac-man new powers.

So apparently some people think this might help Pac-Man's chances given that he now has new abilities. (They gave him a Yoshi tongue via power up.....he's going to hunt us down and eat us! Game over man game over!)
Pac-Man already could fit in without his new abilities, so I doubt this is relevant to his chances. As far as I'm concern, Pac-Man's inclusion is going to come down to whenever or not Sakurai deems his super iconic status worthy and if Pac-Man is what Namco has in mind for a rep (which is possible, but considering that we have seen interest from the Tales producer on a Tales rep yet nothing on Pac-Man yet, I don't think Pac-Man is the definitive Namco rep).

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So.. he's going to trap enemies in a pac-dot now?
lol.....i wish. (That might be a new power....if it is that would be amazing.)

Pac-Man already could fit in without his new abilities, so I doubt this is relevant to his chances. As far as I'm concern, Pac-Man's inclusion is going to come down to whenever or not Sakurai deems his super iconic status worthy and if Pac-Man is what Namco has in mind for a rep (which is possible, but considering that we have seen interest from the Tales producer on a Tales rep yet nothing on Pac-Man yet, I don't think Pac-Man is the definitive Namco rep).
True.

D

Deleted member

WTF i'm 16.... i joined the community because:
1. COD is gay and i hated to the stupid people there
2. Melee is what got me into the smash scene
3. People like you were playing on xbox and it was ********
ur probably some 20 something year old living in your mom's basement playing smash and trolling on the internet
well have fun with your life

FYI, I'm in college. Something you'll never get to experience.
Also as an FYI, I don't have an Xbox. Funny how you claim people "like me" on Xbox online are ********, yet you pretty much act just like them; especially those little CoD kids that think they're cool because they play CoD and swear like a sailor.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So i don't think it helps Pac-man's chances much at all, but i can see moves from that game being used in SSB4 if Pac-Man is chosen.

D

Deleted member

Pac-Man already had a bunch of abilities. Having more now doesn't change much other than he's got a little more in his arsenal.

But a Yoshi-like tongue power-up? That's kind of scary, considering who Pac-Man is.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Pac-Man already had a bunch of abilities. Having more now doesn't change much other than he's got a little more in his arsenal.

But a Yoshi-like tongue power-up? That's kind of scary, considering who Pac-Man is.
Imagine Kirby with a Yoshi tongue. :troll:

True. But like i said, i wouldn't be surprised if some of these new abilities are used.

D

Deleted member

Imagine Kirby with a Yoshi tongue. :troll:

True. But like i said, i wouldn't be surprised if some of these new abilities are used.
Kirby already has that Super Inhale. A tongue would be obsolete unless it reached even farther than the Super Inhale...

....dear lord.

~We're all dead thanks to Kirrrrrrrrrbyyyyyyyyyy~

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That tongue should be used to tickle other players and possibly make them trip. :troll:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Kirby already has that Super Inhale. A tongue would be obsolete unless it reached even farther than the Super Inhale...

....dear lord.

~We're all dead thanks to Kirrrrrrrrrbyyyyyyyyyy~
"KIRBEH KIRBEH KIRBEH IS THE NAME YOU SHOULD KNOW......"
That tongue should be used to tickle other players and possibly make them trip. :troll:
That sounds so wrong. :laugh:

volbound1700

Smash Master
New Pac-Man game tells us one thing, Namco still takes Pac-Man very seriously and still wants to invest in him.

Combine that with Miyamoto's comment about Pac-Man being his favorite character and I would say he has a chance. All we need is Sakurai giving a comment.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
So apparently Pac-Man is getting a game on the Wii U and 3DS. It's based on the new cartoon and will give Pac-man new powers.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So, recent rumors brought up that Mewtwo will have a SECOND alternate form in X/Y.
Guess we're back to the beginning.
Oh boy, here we go again then... Sounds more interesting than the awful stereotyping in the latest posts of this thread at least.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

I honestly think that game looks kinda dumb. I get that it is a 3D game, but it throws everything about Pac-man out the window. He can just eat ghosts all the time now? That is stupid.

/bias against Pac-Man. Seriously DON'T want him in Smash.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I doubt they got rid of Pac-Man's power pellet. (It's his most iconic item after all) It probably just has a different effect on the ghosts now though because of the new cartoon.

If anyone replies to this, do it in the Namco thread or the Pac-Man thread.

FourStar

Smash Ace
You can see it however you want, but it's not an actual pattern. Mewtwo has been planned at least three times before, and even if he isn't at his popularity's peak, he's still the most popular Nintendo character requested for Smash 4, and has once again become relevant to current Pokemon, so his "fame" still stands. Lucario still has popularity and is still being used by GF at least semi-regularly, and as a unique popular character, it's unlikely he'll be dropped like Pichu, if anything he'll be planned but won't make the final roster cut (which IMO is unlikely - but at least plausible).

The only Pokemon character actually "dropped" without the intention to be playable is Pichu in Brawl. You're looking for patterns that don't exist. If Pokemon had to cut after their time had passed, we wouldn't keep getting Jigglypuff. We can have both a new Pokemon (or Mewtwo's new form) and Lucario.
GG lol. idk all i know is i just have gut feeling lucario is not gonna make it. and juigglypuff stayed because sakurai would never take out any of the original twelve

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
GG lol. idk all i know is i just have gut feeling lucario is not gonna make it. and juigglypuff stayed because sakurai would never take out any of the original twelve
Sakurai was planning on taking Ness out, and it's likely Jigglypuff was on the chopping block for Brawl but ended up making it.

Anyway, unsubstantiated "feelings" have never been the best things to bank on, but I will agree at this point it's unlikely the original 12 go anywhere.

FourStar

Smash Ace
Sakurai was planning on taking Ness out, and it's likely Jigglypuff was on the chopping block for Brawl but ended up making it.

Anyway, unsubstantiated "feelings" have never been the best things to bank on, but I will agree at this point it's unlikely the original 12 go anywhere.
i knew those two things but considering the amount of chracters that are gonna be in the new game i have a feeling a lot will get cut as well

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Sakurai has stated that we "shouldn't expect" as many new characters as the previous installments. So there aren't going to be a whole lot of characters to worry about necessarily.

I don't want any cuts to be honest. Not if there doesn't have to be.

D

Deleted member

So I decided to post another potential newcomer list and I expanded it to ones I consider possible (even if I doubt quite a few of these characters):

I can give a breakdown of where I would place these characters in likelihood if anyone ask, but I feel as anyone not on this list is not getting in (count Cress Albane in the same slot as Lloyd).

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Pac-Man World 2 was actually a good game and I haven't touched 3 yet but apparently it was and 1 was pretty good and they weren't like the pac-mans we've seen much at all.
As for your list, it's nice. It makes me want to finish The Probable Character Roster faster. I should go do that...

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So I decided to post another potential newcomer list and I expanded it to ones I consider possible (even if I doubt quite a few of these characters):

I can give a breakdown of where I would place these characters in likelihood if anyone ask, but I feel as anyone not on this list is not getting in (count Cress Albane in the same slot as Lloyd).
I would like to hear the breakdown.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
i have a feeling like maybe 5 to 8 characters are only gonna make the game
I disagree completely. Having that few new characters in the game would be a massive letdown. Brawl allowed in 18 new characters. I am expecting anywhere from 10-15 new characters.

Adding only 5 new characters would be awful. The biggest selling point for this game is the characters. That would be a terrible move by Sakurai in so many ways.

FourStar

Smash Ace
I disagree completely. Having that few new characters in the game would be a massive letdown. Brawl allowed in 18 new characters. I am expecting anywhere from 10-15 new characters.

Adding only 5 new characters would be awful. The biggest selling point for this game is the characters. That would be a terrible move by Sakurai in so many ways.
ummm sakurai said himself expect there to not be that many additions like the games in the past. I deally yes i would like 10+ new characters. but i don't think that will happen especially with what i just said

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
ummm sakurai said himself expect there to not be that many additions like the games in the past. I deally yes i would like 10+ new characters. but i don't think that will happen especially with what i just said
There's still a middle-ground between 5-8 and 18 (what Brawl added). My guess (not counting Mewtwo or Roy) would be around 12.

FourStar

Smash Ace
There's still a middle-ground between 5-8 and 18 (what Brawl added). My guess (not counting Mewtwo or Roy) would be around 12.
yea i guess. if anything i would say like 10. that would make the most sense to me though

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
That is literally what I JUST said. I referred to Brawl for that exact reason.

5-8 characters wouldn't make any sense from a marketing standpoint. At all. It will be at least 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom