• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
My, have you tried Blazblue? (Shameless advertisement, head to the BB Thread)

On Pokken Fighters, I thought that thing was a Tech Demo.
I tried them all, blazblue, virtua fighter, soul calibur, king of fighters, street fighter, skullgirls, guilty gear, etc.

Like I said, I loves me some fighters, and yes I don't play them casually if your wondering...

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
View attachment 6040
Brand new layout because I wanted to. No changes except for Chrom over Lyn. Sorry Lyn, but if Sakurai goes to IS for recommendations, chances are an Awakening character will end up on the roster. Could be anyone, but Chrom is the placeholder FE:A rep I suppose.
I like this roster, bias or not. No cuts, good choices, and Chrom is placeholder, so I can't gripe. 9.5/10.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The main difference between Super Smash Bros. and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale in terms of roster is that the latter has a notable stigma is staying too focused on what exactly is new while not ensuring the characters themselves mesh well, and is kind of alienates a large chunk of people that have played on the original Playstation and to a lesser extent the Playstation 2. The only characters that cater to the old school fans are Parappa and Spike.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I tried them all, blazblue, virtua fighter, soul calibur, king of fighters, street fighter, skullgirls, guilty gear, etc.

Like I said, I loves me some fighters, and yes I don't play them casually if your wondering...
It's good to see more competitive players around the Boards. :happysheep:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Its not, you try to make things reasonable. but i miss lyndis tho......
I know, me too.
It's just that I decided that Awakening was a bit too important not to get a character.
It saved the series, brought new mechanics, sold extremely well...
I would want Lyn as the FE newcomer, but I don't know.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
It's good to see more competitive players around the Boards. :happysheep:
Isn't this a competitive smash site? It was last time i checked. Hell its the reason I joined in 10' would have joined sooner but pre-brawl was too crazy.....

Though now most moved on to facebook groups so yeah.... :ohwell:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Bias on your side, right?
Because if my roster seems biased then I want to know. :urg:
On my side, don't worry. It's the Spear-God.

Isn't this a competitive smash site? It was last time i checked. Hell its the reason I joined in 10' would have joined sooner but pre-brawl was too crazy.....

There's some Competitive Players here, but less than there used to be.
As I agree, pre-Brawl was nuts.

Morbi

Scavenger

It is a competitive Smash site, but you are in the speculation section, it is full of scrubs like me. :awesome:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Once SSB4 release draws closer, Pre-SSB4 will probably be worse than Pre-Brawl.
Nah I doubt it, its more chill than pre-brawl. Most characters that people wanted are already there and most of the rabid people have left.

Though I could be wrong, and If it gets to that level again..... I'm going to leave for a bit.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Once SSB4 release draws closer, Pre-SSB4 will probably be worse than Pre-Brawl.
Well Pre-Brawl had those stupid recommendations that everyone thought was good at the time but then figured out made no sense.
I may be wrong, but we don't really have any of those.
Not to toot my own horn or anything, but the Smash 4 speculators here are pretty smart (especially compared to the Brawl ones, and the other communities around the web).

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
No, it will get worse when we get a deluge of reveals that people don't exactly favor.
Then it will turn into "SAKURAI HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US?! I WANT TO KILL MYSELF!" All over again. Hopefully not.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
No, it will get worse when we get a deluge of reveals that people don't exactly favor.
Not a lot of butthurt here actually.
I'm pretty sure most of us are happy with what we have thus far, whether we expected it or not.
For example, I would have preferred Paper Mario to Rosalina, but I love the way Rosalina turned out and can't wait to try her.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
It is a competitive Smash site, but you are in the speculation section, it is full of scrubs like me. :awesome:
I come here to laugh at your random posts, they amuse me.

Plus I hate the whole "Oh these kinda people go here and the others go over there". I don't like that the community is separated the way it is now. F the natural order. I should be able to go where I please and have fun with whoever is in a thread regardless if there competitive or not.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Let me answer your question with another question.
Do you enjoy blowing things out of proportion and being a douche about it?

Because, the point I was trying to make is that both games are tools of advertisement. However, where Smash succeeds and PSABR fails is that Smash doesn't make it it's prime focus and instead puts more focus on being a tool of entertainment.
Why are resorting to name-calling now? I said blasphemy jokingly, I even apologized because I thought it was rude.

And I agree with you. I was just making a crack at PS All-Stars because, and I'm sure many would agree, It's simply Sony Smash Bros. But without the good.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I must admit the main reason I joined this site was to speculate about Smash 4. I actually haven't played Smash for quite a while.

I'm not much of a competitive player and don't really care about tournaments, but why should that stop me from respecting the others' ways to play? I think most of the community's divisions comes from elitist people (on both sides) trying to force their ways to play on the others. Disrespectful, indeed...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There will always be those who will complain about certain characters though. But I guess the biggest outrages will probably be Ridley-related, considering all the mayhem that his topics have been causing.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Pulling from parts of various threads that I've been watching over the last few days, I'm excited to see which characters will be resurrected and how they might look in 4.

You've got your obvious retro characters like Takamaru that'll be fun to see rendered for Smash, but then there are also those we haven't seen in a little while like K. Rool or Mewtwo (at least believable Smash Mewtwo), that I'm anxious to see in all their HD Smash glory.

Although we got the Zelda design we were expecting, she still looks beautiful and new. And Marth's new look is rad. I can't wait to see what newcomers are gonna look like. Classic Mega Man is a great start, but the other three are still so fresh in our minds, their designs haven't blown me away.

Any resurrected characters you guys are excited for? In terms of design I mean.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Pulling from parts of various threads that I've been watching over the last few days, I'm excited to see which characters will be resurrected and how they might look in 4.

You've got your obvious retro characters like Takamaru that'll be fun to see rendered for Smash, but then there are also those we haven't seen in a little while like K. Rool or Mewtwo (at least believable Smash Mewtwo), that I'm anxious to see in all their HD Smash glory.

Although we got the Zelda design we were expecting, she still looks beautiful and new. And Marth's new look is rad. I can't wait to see what newcomers are gonna look like. Classic Mega Man is a great start, but the other three are still so fresh in our minds, their designs haven't blown me away.

I want to see what style they'll give to ike. Or Roy.

Morbi

Scavenger
Why are resorting to name-calling now? I said blasphemy jokingly, I even apologized because I thought it was rude.

And I agree with you. I was just making a crack at PS All-Stars because, and I'm sure many would agree, It's simply Sony Smash Bros. But without the good.
I actually thought that PSASBR was more unique than Smash to be perfectly honest.

Morbi

Scavenger
I must admit the main reason I joined this site was to speculate about Smash 4. I actually haven't played Smash for quite a while.

I'm not much of a competitive player and don't really care about tournaments, but why should that stop me from respecting the others' ways to play? I think most of the community's divisions comes from elitist people (on both sides) trying to force their ways to play on the others. Disrespectful, indeed...
I agree; in fact, I am one of the casual elitists that you speak of. I like to force my way on others, items on and all stages I always say. If they don't play the game the way it was intended to be played, it irritates me...

Seriously though, I have never seen a casual elitist before, it is probably a funny event to witness.

I still play Smash from time to time. I played 100 stocks today with my sister, we decided to mirror match the entire roster. It was good fun.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I agree; in fact, I am one of the casual elitists that you speak of. I like to force my way on others, items on and all stages I always say. If they don't play the game the way it was intended to be played, it irritates me...
There's no right way to play the game. You are given the option to turn on or off each item individually, therefore playing without items is a way to play Smash.

The game was intended to be customized. The number of players in a match, items, time limit, number of stocks, etc. are part of the game's customization aspect.

People who insist on "right ways" to play the game are foolish.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Personally, since the Wii didn't do Skyward Sword any justice graphically, I would've lived to see SS Link/Zelda in glorious HD. But since that won't happen, there's still hope to get HD Ghirahim, and given the same treatment as Zelda, with the shiny white suit and extra eyeliner, I'm sure everyone will truly see how fabulous he truly is.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Personally, since the Wii didn't do Skyward Sword any justice graphically, I would've lived to see SS Link/Zelda in glorious HD. But since that won't happen, there's still hope to get HD Ghirahim, and given the same treatment as Zelda, with the shiny white suit and extra eyeliner, I'm sure everyone will truly see how fabulous he truly is.
Well I mean, SS Zelda could easily be an alt.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
So I'm playing Cave Story for the first time.

I was in one of the save rooms, and accidentally jumped out of the room. I thought I broke it.

Then I wiggled my way around to the other side (mashing the check button) and found a pair of panties.

What am I playing.

Morbi

Scavenger
There's no right way to play the game. You are given the option to turn on or off each item individually, therefore playing without items is a way to play Smash.

The game was intended to be customized. The number of players in a match, items, time limit, number of stocks, etc. are part of the game's customization aspect.

People who insist on "right ways" to play the game are foolish.
Um... okay, maybe you missed the second line. I was JK Rowling.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
So basically Young Horsetail turns the forums into a soap opera.
Soap Opera is a tame description. Try madhouse drama in the middle of a rave gone horribly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom