• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderceus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anderceus
3DS FC
0877-0236-8016
This gives me the best idea for a Zelda newcomer!
It will please everyone!

Masked Toon Impa, Zelda/ Tetra and Tingle Vaati Ghirahim!

It will be Link's Grandma (AKA Toon Impa) on a Ice-Climbers-like team with Toon Zelda, who can transform into Tetra through her standard B, and then back again.
But if Tetra uses her Up B, Tingle comes using a Balloon, and throws both of them away and take place in the battle! And then Tingle's Up B will bring them back.

Then if you use Tingle's Down B, Vaati comes in in his monster form, throws her off the screen, turns into Human Vaati, and then takes the space in the battle. Then if Vaati uses his up B, he brings them back!

Then if you use Vaati's Side B, Ghirahim sneaks up behind Vaati, and slashes him off the screen with his sword, and takes HIS place in the battle!

Now let's go back to Toon Zelda & Impa. If Zelda uses her Down B, she turns into Deku Toon Zelda, which can turn into Goron Toon Zelda, which can then turn into Zoras Toon Zelda, and then back to Toon Zelda!

And for a Final Smash they temporarily turn into Classic Ganon!

ITS PERFECT!
TIME TO GO MAKE A SUPPORT THREAD!
It's perfect!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hopeful for something decent tomorrow. Although it could just be a "pic of the day returns" photo.

I just want my Ike. Path of Radiance has convinced me that Ike is best lord. Screw Roy, screw Chrom. I like Ike.
Everyone loves Ike.

I swear if Sakurai just posts a "We're Back!!" picture, I will scream.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
@ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones I'm pretty sure your home slices :snake: and :ike: are returning.

As for the pic we might get a kirby stage..... it'll be an interesting pic i'm guessing either way. since its 2014 I expect the dam to break soon and more info to be given.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Or you know, she was chosen because Sakurai thought she was unique from all the other choices, same with WFT. So I wouldn't worry about characters like K. Rool for not being "current" or even relevant.
Here moveset isn't one that came directly from the games. There is some creative liberty there so I doubt that is the only reason. Uniqueness alone doesn't get you in.
I personally think it's less a matter of recency and more of promotion, though there is a lot of overlap between the two.
Doubtful. I don't think Sakurai is swayed by promotions and Nintendo is pretty hands off when it comes to Smash. Don't believe me? Look at Playstation All Stars and you'll notice a huge difference.
Oh, and the only series that was added for being retro was Ice Climbers, fyi.
I see what your getting at but other may say ROB and Game and Watch.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
@ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones I'm pretty sure your home slices :snake: and :ike: are returning.

As for the pic we might get a kirby stage..... it'll be an interesting pic i'm guessing either way. since its 2014 I expect the dam to break soon and more info to be given.
My home boys better be in. Ironically enough, they're both wearing head bands, so they could be my homies:troll:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I think Snake has already been confirmed as part of a Snake/Masterchief/Kratos team character. Winning a match with him prints coupons for PS4s and XBONEs. :p

MGS3D is also mentioned in very tiny letters at the bottom.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm really starting to doubt Miis now. Especially after that picture from Tobacco. But, beside that. Miis would have to be treted differently from other characters. A lot. They'd also take way more time to develop because of all the face combinations. I just don't know if Sakurai would want to do that.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I'm really starting to doubt Miis now. Especially after that picture from Tobacco. But, beside that. Miis would have to be treted differently from other characters. A lot. They'd also take way more time to develop because of all the face combinations. I just don't know if Sakurai would want to do that.
:U They'd simply have to be able to access the same file for Mii heads that every other game that adds them as characters does. Their size would be regulated and their shirt would obviously change color, with duplicate colors gaining stripes or polkadots if everyone likes blue or black. They wouldn't be any harder to put in Smash than they would in Mario Kart or Mario and Sonic at the Olympics.

I don't understand the Mii hate. If you don't like them, don't use them; if someone uses a stupid face online, that just gives you more reason to beat them down. I main my Mii in all games he/she is available (especially Mario Kart), because just like Wario, I am a ****ing Adonis and no one else in the roster can hope to be as beautiful as I am. Obviously most games don't have Samus and Ridley as choices, but I digress.

Also, I could personally put a beatdown on any characters I don't like. Miis 4 SSB4 all the way.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
So, does anyone want to see the ultimate, fabulous, amazing roster I made?
Question:

How many slots does Ghirahim take up? Because I would be disappointed with anything less than "Standard Ghirahim", "Metallic Ghirahim", "Demise & Ghirahim", and then the super secret shipping pair "Fi & Ghirahim".

In fact, Ghirahim should get his own series symbol.

Don't worry, my Roster has a slot for each Ridley, Ridley-X, MetaRidley, Clone Ridley, and Ridley & Kraid.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
What a bogus reason.
Have you ever even looked at Miiverse posts? Every Mii is essentially designed to respond similarly when selecting an emotion on them. No matter what you look like: it's eyes, eyebrows, and mouth will move accordingly to the selected emotion. You only need to make a few scripts and bam, all Miis will react similarly to the same thing. So in Smash Bros, whether it's the basic standard Mii or the Mona Lisa if you punch it and it is supposed to close its eyes and frown, it will regardless of where you placed the eyes and mouth. Same goes for every game Miis are playable in as well.

I'm not big on Miis, but I can't look at a reason like this to not have them and not speak out as to why it's a dumb reason.
---
So, does anyone want to see the ultimate, fabulous, amazing roster I made?
expecting shadow, ghirahim, and thantos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom