• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Why not post it? I made one too, it is this:

Neutral Special - Megavitamins

The same as in Melee.

Side Special - Fever

Dr. Mario uses his cape to release flames like Bowser's and Charizard's.

Up Special - Megavitamin Explosion

In Dr. Mario, when you place 3 megavitamins of the same color together, they explode. Dr. Mario does this and is propelled upwards with the explosion.

Down Special - Chill

Dr. Mario spins. Anyone that touches him becomes frozen.

Final Smash - Viruses

Dr. Mario puts a giant bottle in the stage and opens it, releasing a lot of viruses that attack enemies.
OK.
N Special: Vitamin Match: Dr. pulls out 2 Mega Vitamins. He then forces them together, causing a small explosion. If they match in color, the explosion range increases along with it's power.
S Special: Virus Throw: Dr. throws a jar with a virus in it. Depending on the virus, the effect changes. Blue = Freezing, Red = Fire Pillar (like Ness' PK Fire), and Yellow = Stunning.
U Special: Needle Stab: Dr. stabs his arm, which makes him jump. While moving upwards, his body causes damage.
D Special: Confusing Vaccination: Dr. jabs a large needle into the ground. If it hits, the foe's movement gets reversed.
FS: Ambulance: Dr. drives an ambulance. If you press the B button, he throws out an explosive Mega Vitamin.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Sakurai didn't put any of the planned Melee characters in Brawl.
:lucas: :dedede: :pt: :wario: :yeahboi:

Why would he put planned Brawl characters in 4
Because Brawl gave us pretty much everyone we needed (with the exception of Mewtwo, Mega Man, Villager, and maybe Takamaru.) I feel all that's left that needs to be added is the planned Brawl characters like Roy, Mewtwo, and Dixie Kong along with characters like Mega Man and Villager along with some extras like Takamaru, Wii Fit Trainer, and such. He even said he thought 39 was a reasonable amount.

You could say he put planned 64 characters in Melee like Bowser, Peach and Ganondorf, but those are the main characters of series there were going to be in anyway.
Peach and Ganondorf were not planned for 64.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
In relation to the last few pages' discussion, I think moveset potential is a horribly lame argument in favor of or against any character. That being said...users on this forum take great pleasure in employing false equivalence to create the appearance that Dixie has anywhere close to the amount of unique attacks that K. Rool does that would feasibly be used. Example:

User One: "K. Rool has the potential to have a fantastically unique moveset using attacks from any single one of his boss fights, not to mention a combination of them. There's the crown, raining cannonballs, Kredits, projectile cannonballs, stage hazard spiked cannonballs, three different types of gas, a helicopter pack, boxing attacks, green butt shockwaves, minion attacks, and more!"

User Two: "Dixie has potential too, guys! She attacks with her hair and plays the guitar and might only be vaguely similar to Diddy!"

The Takeaway: "Look at that, they're equally unique! Their uniqueness is exactly the same, I tell you!"

:confused:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
OK.
N Special: Vitamin Match: Dr. pulls out 2 Mega Vitamins. He then forces them together, causing a small explosion. If they match in color, the explosion range increases along with it's power.
S Special: Virus Throw: Dr. throws a jar with a virus in it. Depending on the virus, the effect changes. Blue = Freezing, Red = Fire Pillar (like Ness' PK Fire), and Yellow = Stunning.
U Special: Needle Stab: Dr. stabs his arm, which makes him jump. While moving upwards, his body causes damage.
D Special: Confusing Vaccination: Dr. jabs a large needle into the ground. If it hits, the foe's movement gets reversed.
FS: Ambulance: Dr. drives an ambulance. If you press the B button, he throws out an explosive Mega Vitamin.

D

Deleted member

KingShadow said:
@Bidoof
False statement actually. Pit was planned for Melee. Meta Knight and Dedede were as well. And Wario even.
None of these are verifiable.
The only one that's close to verifiable is Meta Knight, but given context of what Sakurai said, he never planned on it.
Sakurai said:
As for Meta Knight, when I left my previous company I never thought I’d be laying a hand on this character again, let alone on Smash Bros.

Kirby is a character I designed when I was 19 years old, but I created Meta Knight when I was 22. I knew the character was popular in Japan, but last time around I held off and didn’t include him in the game. I wanted to put other people’s titles ahead of my own.
Conversely, Mega Bidoof's statement about Peach and Ganondorf being planned for 64 is unverifiable (Bowser is verifiable).
In fact, this is the first I've ever heard of Ganondorf being planned for Smash 64 at all.

Also, his statement on "no planned Melee characters were in Brawl" is unverifiable, as no one really knows who was "planned" for Melee that didn't make it.
Other than Lucas. Who was going to replace Ness in the initial plan for Melee, but didn't because Earthbound 64 was cancelled. When it became Mother 3 and was released for GBA, Lucas was added to Brawl (without replacing Ness).

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So if Sakurai had to choose only one of the 3 who would you choose?
Andy, Isaac, or Shulk?
Andy and Isaac are more recurrent and notable, but I'm tempted to say Shulk out of bias.

Shaq was planned for Melee? :troll:

Pokémon trainer was a planned melee character?
everything I now know is a lie
I think Sakurai mentioned something about a Johto Trainer as a character for Melee, but it was too complex.

Um... is that a joke, or did you mean to put Snake?
Snake was considered briefly, but Melee was too far along in development to add him. Not sure if he counts as a planned character because of that.

-----
Anyway, as for Dr. Mario's Final Smash, there is only one option.
TETRIS STYLE!

Dr. Mario goes to the top of the screen and throws giant vitamins down while the other characters have to avoid them.

----

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
In relation to the last few pages' discussion, I think moveset potential is a horribly lame argument in favor of or against any character.
Isn't that exactly what you proceed to do in the statement after.

"Look at that, they're equally unique! Their uniqueness is exactly the same, I tell you!"
I don't think anybody said that. Your constant sarcasm is really starting to get annoying and making you look jerkish, no offense. I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just saying the way you rudely make fun of everyone on this thread when they aren't attacking you non stop bothers me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Andy, Isaac, or Shulk?
I'm still going with Isaac. I think he has the most to offer. And I do like his character. But I'd like to see Shulk too. I'm sure he can offer a few cool attacks.

With Advance Wars, I like the idea of fighting with a random soldier. Since those guys do the actual fighting and junk.

I tried like 5 times to get this post through.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Isn't that exactly what you proceed to do in the statement after.
Nope, because nothing in my comment referenced the chances/odds/likelihood of either character in any way. Plus, Dixie being less unique than K. Rool is advantageous for her, given that it aids her in acquiring one of however many semi-clone roles are up for grabs.

I don't think anybody said that. Your constant sarcasm is really starting to get annoying and making you look jerkish, no offense. I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just saying the way you rudely make fun of everyone on this thread when they aren't attacking you non stop bothers me.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Let me rephrase my question from before:

If Sakurai didn't put any planned Melee characters WHO ARE NOT A MAIN CHARACTER OR MAJOR ANTAGONIST OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SERIES in Brawl, what makes people think he would put planned Brawl characters WHO ARE NOT A MAIN CHAACTER OR MAJOR ANTAGONIST OF THER RESPECTIVE SERIES (Dr. Mario, Plusle and Minun, and maybe Roy) in Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

First, while I personally believe cednym, his claims are unverified until we get his source (which may or may not ever happen).

Second, his claims were never that a Pokémon Trainer was planned. Just that Sakurai considered the idea, but brushed it off because there would be no time to incorporate it.
As for Dedede, cednym's statement was that Sakurai had resources for him backed up in case Intelligent Systems would deny him use of Marth.
Never did he say Sakurai planned on Dedede.
Wario? Same thing; he was said to have "considered Wario as a slow, strong Mario clone" when he was picking clones but decided Wario "deserved more than that".

@Mega Bidoof:
Rephrase your question all you want. Still doesn't change that it invokes information that isn't there.
No one knows who was actually planned for Melee other than Lucas.

2nd of all, Dr. Mario is the ****ing star of the Dr. Mario franchise. Why do you think it's called Dr. Mario?

3rd, Plusle and Minun were not planned for Brawl. That is misconception.

4th, how is Roy, who is a main protagonist in a series that changes its cast near every game, not a main character?
Does Marth being in two games (and two remakes) and Ike being in two games magically make them "main" characters while every other protagonist of the series is not?

5th, Mewtwo is neither a main character nor major antagonist to the Pokémon series. Guess he's not coming back.

and finally, Dr. Mario and Roy are veterans. You don't compare veterans to newcomers on the same plane.

D

Deleted member

That is stupid thinking.

Just because Sakurai left Hal doesn't mean he's completely ignorant to the franchise.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
First, while I personally believe cednym, his claims are unverified until we get his source (which may or may not ever happen).

Second, his claims were never that a Pokémon Trainer was planned. Just that Sakurai considered the idea, but brushed it off because there would be no time to incorporate it.
As for Dedede, cednym's statement was that Sakurai had resources for him backed up in case Intelligent Systems would deny him use of Marth.
Never did he say Sakurai planned on Dedede.
Wario? Same thing; he was said to have "considered Wario as a slow, strong Mario clone" when he was picking clones but decided Wario "deserved more than that".

Wait, might have actually happened? That's pretty interesting actually. I'm glad that Sakurai noted that Wario doesn't need to be a clone though. But you know in some weird alternate universe, Clone Wario is in Melee.

It's also interesting that Red's concept could have been thought up of during Melee's development.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Maybe he's turning Super Sayain? (Someone make a pic of that just so I can laugh.)
EDIT: The pic I had was a super saiyan mushroom. Suprisingly very similar.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Derp Chandelure understands now.
I thought you meant that Bandana Dee recently became a spin-off character of his own series.
Looked it up and found no results. =P

Also, at the risk of sounding repetitive, Sakurai left HAL 10 years ago, before he worked on Brawl.
I don't think that was the reason why he added more Kirby characters in that game, by the way.

Does anybody know why Sakurai left HAL?
I read that he wanted freedom as a freelance worker.

----

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Andy, Isaac, or Shulk?
I´m really big fan of Shulk and i think he deserves a spot for what did happen and the history behind this game but Isaac and his series is right now at the third installment and probably in the future it could get a fourth (hope so) so this new Smash will inject new life to the series and finally I think an Advance Wars character in this case Andy is the better choice, the series is old enough it has 12 games behind it and it could bring a really interesting moveset, a really cool level, a lot of items, trophies and is one of the most deserving series that could get in this Smash, so my vote is with Andy.
.n_n.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Derp Chandelure understands now.
Please ignore my past posts XD.
I'm a little tired and english is not my first language,so,that's why I didn't understand your post XD
But,now that I understand...Sakurai obviously knows about Bandana Dee.
This is a image of his twitter.
Celebrating the 20th anniversary of Kirby.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Please ignore my past posts XD.
I'm a little tired and english is not my first language,so,that's why I didn't understand your post XD
But,now that I understand...Sakurai obviously knows about Bandana Dee.
This is a image of his twitter.
Celebrating the 20th anniversary of Kirby.
Wait, what was your first language, I'm pretty curious. This is a nice surprise from you.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Does anybody know why Sakurai left HAL?
Without double-checking a source, it was because he got sick of the endless requests for sequels to his Kirby games, if I remember correctly.

If anything is going to result in him leaving his post as Smash's developer in the future, I think it's going to be a similar scenario. With Smash 3DS setting the precedent of the series receiving an installment on both Nintendo's home and handheld consoles, he'll now be pressed to develop not one, but two Smash titles each time from here on out, lest he create the appearance of shortchanging one of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom