• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Wait....I just remembered a fighting game archetype we're missing. We don't have a full fledged wrestler yet. I know we have a boxer in Little Mac. But does Nintendo have any wrestlers that are reasonable choices? I would genuinely like to know of any contenders.

Also, I get that we are likely missing quite a few archetypes in Smash. But aside from boxers, wrestlers are the first I can think of.
There's Star Man from Pro Wrestling. Seems like the only choice for a wrestler though.

Master Of Blades

Smash Apprentice
The bottom of Mariana's trench. Come visit!
3DS FC
2123-0105-9733
Here's a new question: If Sakurai had to decide on 3 retro characters, which of the following would you choose?
-Donbe and Hikari
-Mach Rider
-Takamaru
-Balloon Fighter
-Bubbles
-Duck Hunt Dog
-Star Man
-Mike Jones
-Prince Sable
-Lip
-Harry
-Muddy Mole
-Tamagon
-Excite Biker
-Sukapon
Umm....
Takamaru, Lip, and Mike Jones.
Honerable Mentions: DHD, Sukapon, and Tamagon
-Takamaru is one of the most likely retros and his recent appearance in NL seems to back up the statement that MMC is important to Nntendo
-Lip is also very likely. She has not only been mentioned by Sakurai to have been considered for smash, but has had multiple references in smash. Sakurai stated that he didn't add her because he was afraid of her obscurity, but with WTF and Retro characters, now seems like the perfect time to add her.
-Mike Jones was also considered to be playable, but as ST was never released in Japan, this idea was rejected. But it still makes sense to me for Mike to be in.
-DHD is iconic enough to be playable, but I have no idea how they wouldn't make him an Olimar clone (Unless they use the supposed "leaker"'s ideas, but those ideas were really dumb).
-Sukapon would have a very interesting and unique moveset, but isn't really iconic to the company all that much.
-Tamagon would be really awesome, but the "controversy" (if you can even call it that) surrounding him might prevent him from being playable.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Please ignore my past posts XD.
I'm a little tired and english is not my first language,so,that's why I didn't understand your post XD
But,now that I understand...Sakurai obviously knows about Bandana Dee.
This is a image of his twitter.
Celebrating the 20th anniversary of Kirby.
Why does that star have a big, red, disgusting, ugly tumor sticking out of the left side in between Kirby and King Dedede.
If you ask me, Escargoon should have been there.
So here is a question who will you choose Bandana Dee, Toad, Krystal, Dixie Kong, Zoroark, Anna or Claus?
.n_n.
CLAUS FOR THE WIIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member

C'mon guys, you make it too easy.

Only legit choice. (Well, Star Man is too, but Fighter Hayabusa is the star of his game...)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Here's a new question: If Sakurai had to decide on 3 retro characters, which of the following would you choose?
-Donbe and Hikari
-Mach Rider
-Takamaru
-Balloon Fighter
-Bubbles
-Duck Hunt Dog
-Star Man
-Mike Jones
-Prince Sable
-Lip
-Harry
-Muddy Mole
-Tamagon
-Excite Biker
-Sukapon
Balloon Fighter
Duck Hunt Dog
N64 (because I said so).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The guys like moe.
The gals like bishonens.
Both like badass motorcyclists.

Yes, people do like them anime characters. I just want to throw blocks at people's faces. Surely that will entertain me for hours on end.

EDIT: Does anyone else have their font randomly change size from time to time? It doesn't happen often, but it is a little weird.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
They want two Japanese retros, and then a killer motorcyclist.
Makes me mad sometimes they don't include the transforming prince. :dizzy: (That's just me though)

Certain people are too afraid of having too much Japan exclusive reps like Lucas, possibly Roy, and those other three anyway.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So guys, which Brawl veterans are actually in danger of being cut?
If there are any, that is.
I say Snake is the only one with a decent chance of being cut.
Lucas, Wolf, Lucario, and Ike are also in a miniscule amount of danger.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The head of Mega Bidoof is in my living room,you are an imposter.

Dunsparce and I did the trading cloning glitch on ourselves a couple years back just in case of a situation like this

And I believe I have the head of Chandelure on my mantle above my fireplace.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
...Well, you just summed up my words here!

D

Deleted member

You know what Smash is missing?

A green character made out of rock that is the "Sonic & Tails" of Mario Kart 64.

Marty the Thwomp.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
They are probably returning anyway.

THe only one I can think of is probably MAYBE Pokemon Trainer turned into Charizard. Or maybe just seperating them.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
They are probably returning anyway.

THe only one I can think of is probably MAYBE Pokemon Trainer turned into Charizard. Or maybe just seperating them.
After seeing Project M and Brawl+, Splitting them doesn't seem too far fetched. Though, the roster cap is still a thing to remember.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So...Is Bandana Dee the "number 0.-" ? :awesome:

And for the retro characters.
I choose Takamaru,Lip and Mach Rider.

Lol, not exactly (sorry for forgetting about him)
But I'd still put Bandana Dee over Anna. Only I'm not sure who I'd choose between Krystal or Bandanna Dee. Tough one... 4 Kirby or 4 Star Fox characters... I guess Kirby is more deserving, although Krystal might make more fans happy (for weirder reasons).

Gonna go with Bandanna Dee THEN Krystal, just because she had her chance, and Waddle Dee is SURE not to include another Landmaster Final Smash, lol.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Dunsparce and I did the trading cloning glitch on ourselves a couple years back just in case of a situation like this

And I believe I have the head of Chandelure on my mantle above my fireplace.
image.jpg

See?
Chandelure's head right there.
I know it took about 37 clones to kill him, but I got him in the end.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If you have his head then how did he get your head.
A couple years back Dunsparce and I did the trading/cloning glitches on ourselves and now we he a coupled warehouses full of Bidoof and Dunsparces. When one does, one automatically comes on this thread.
Looking at the code on my wrist, it says I am Mega Bidoof- no. 462

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
that's basically it, except you are missing the Pokémon trainer in the "miniscule amount of danger" part,
though to me I don't think any of those guys will get cut,

Master Of Blades

Smash Apprentice
The bottom of Mariana's trench. Come visit!
3DS FC
2123-0105-9733
So here is a question who will you choose Bandana Dee, Toad, Krystal, Dixie Kong, Zoroark, Anna or Claus?
.n_n.
1.Dixie Kong
2.Toad
3.Krystal
4.Bandanna Dee
5.Zoroark
6.Anna
7.Claus

-Dixie seems like she is 50-50 at this point, but I think K. Rool is just a smidgen more likely
-Toad is the most important Mario character not playable in smash yet, but has very little moveset potential
-I would LIKE to see Krystal, but I don't know about her as of now
-Bandanna Dee would be pretty awesome, but Kirby just doesn't need extra representation right now
-I like Zoroark, but gen 5 came and went, and her time in the spotlight is gone. If she WAS playable, her moveset would be very fierce, much like a mother bear trying to get her cubs back, which is what I think is what they were going for with her in Zoroark: Master (Mistress) of Illusions
-I know nothing about Fire Emblim, so I know nothing about Anna
-Mother doesn't need extra reps right now, and if it was going to have more reps, it would probably be Ninten just for the sake of having the main protagonists of each game

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
A couple years back Dunsparce and I did the trading/cloning glitches on ourselves and now we he a coupled warehouses full of Bidoof and Dunsparces. When one does, one automatically comes on this thread.
Looking at the code on my wrist, it says I am Mega Bidoof- no. 462
so its 462+ bidoofs vs. one chandelure. . .
. . .
. . .
man this fight isn't even fair, your going to need 1million bidoofs to have a slight chance :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom