• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I honestly feel like you guys are wishlisting, predictions should be realistic. They aren't gonna have freaking Dark Pit. Or Dark anyone really.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Here is a remastering of my new prediction roster. Previously, I had removed Takamaru, but have now edited it so that he is present.

Dixie is seperate from the roster, as I feel from the news as of late, that she has potential to possibly get in if K.Rool does not, but I personally am still rooting for K.Rool.

My roster totals out at 48 roster slots. This would be 52 (I think) with transformations. I feel that this roster is realistic, with the exception of Dillon who may be overlooked.

EDIT: A few other things...

While it may not mean anything, Arena Ferox being a stage tells me that Chrom may be present, hence why I have dropped Roy. It wouldn't make sense to me for them to add an older Lord who hasn't appeared, rather than the lord that goes with the stage.

I switched Pac-Man with Lloyd because of Sakurai's recent comments on how a 3rd Party character must be a special occassion and such. Pac-Man destroys Lloyd here.

Comments?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I switched Pac-Man with Lloyd because of Sakurai's recent comments on how a 3rd Party character must be a special occassion and such. Pac-Man destroys Lloyd here.
I got a funny picture in my head where Pac-Man turns Lloyd blue and eats him till there's nothing left but Lloyd's eyeballs. :laugh:

FourStar

Smash Ace

Here is a remastering of my new prediction roster. Previously, I had removed Takamaru, but have now edited it so that he is present.

Dixie is seperate from the roster, as I feel from the news as of late, that she has potential to possibly get in if K.Rool does not, but I personally am still rooting for K.Rool.

My roster totals out at 48 roster slots. This would be 52 (I think) with transformations. I feel that this roster is realistic, with the exception of Dillon who may be overlooked.

While it may not mean anything, Arena Ferox being a stage tells me that Chrom may be present, hence why I have dropped Roy. It wouldn't make sense to me for them to add an older Lord who hasn't appeared, rather than the lord that goes with the stage.

Comments?
see the thing is you have a realistic roster. nothing too crazy and nothing absolutely WTF. just makes sense. now of course there are things that sakurai do that don't make sense but if this was the final roster then i am a happy boy! :pikachu:

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Its a pretty good roster. Although, I feel a lot more confident with pac-man's absence in smash ever since sakurai made that statement about Namco getting no special treatment.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social

Here's my "best case scenario" prediction roster, which got more and more biased as I made it. 46 characters (48 if you include Lucas and Falco).

Cuts:

Toon Link: Replaced with LBW Link, though I feel like they could be interchangeable. Neither one really has more significance than the other.
Lucario: Replaced with Mewtwo or Zoroark. One of them is bound to have a similar moveset.
Falco: I feel like Falco or Wolf is going to get cut. I think Falco plays too similar to Fox, and it's easier to differentiate Wolf's movepool. Also Wolf is another Villain rep. Krystal ultimately replaces him because she would have a unique move set, which is a first for the Starfox reps.
Lucas: Simply because he's a clone, and I didn't have room for him. I was either going to cut Lucas or Ike, and Lucas got the boot due to Ike's popularity and that he isn't a clone of Marth. I also feel like Mother isn't a big enough franchise to deserve two reps. If Mother gets two, F-Zero should get two. (Totally being biased. :( )

I kept Falco and Lucas on the bottom because of the off chance that there is an abundance of characters this time around and 48 is somehow a plausible number, then they are okay to comeback in my book. Plus it was really hard to cut them.

I feel like the characters I added are reasonable.

Bowser Jr. is the token new rep for Mario. He's very prominent in the New Super Mario Bros series. Not to mention his appearance in a handful of the 3D Mario console platformers (namely Super Mario Sunshine). He could have a very different move set from Bowser, especially if they incorperate his paintbrush. But please, God, PLEASE do not give him the Shadow Mario transformation.

Mewtwo comes back due to his overwhelming popularity, PLUS his new Awakened Forme gives him some relevance with the new gen 6! Two birds with one stone! I'd say Nintendo would be crazy to pass up that opportunity.

Zoroark will be introduced as the gen 5 rep. Obviously, Zoroark wasn't as much as a token rep as Lucario was, but I feel like he'd be the best to fill in that gap. If not, I feel like Victini and Genesect would also be good candidates.

King K. Rool makes it for his popularity over Dixie Kong, though I'd LOVE for both to join the fray.

Krystal is added to make way for the Starfox rep overhaul. Like I said, it was hard to cut Falco, and I hope it doesn't have to be done, but I feel like, in the end, Krystal will be the more unique character and better represent the later games of the series. Also she's a GURL.

Ghirahim... I'm going to be completely honest. I just really want him in. Yes, he was a totally biased addition, but I feel like he would be SO fun to play as. Plus, it seems like Skyward Sword isn't going to be repped by design (or at least I hope not. I really want Zelda to keep her TP design.) so Ghirahim wouldn't be an irrational addition.

LBW Link is just the replacement of Toon Link. I feel like he could still be called "Toon Link," but just be the Link from the LBW game. Though I really don't like the idea of him being referred to as a "toon." Maybe... I don't know, just not Toon.

Chrom obviously takes the cake for the new Fire Emblem rep because of the new 3DS game, though I wouldn't be sad if they decided to go with Lyn or Micaiah instead.

Palutena. Do you need to ask questions?

Ridley: See Palutena.

Little Mac: See Ridley.

Takamaru: Sakurai said this game was going to bring back some retro characters, and I can see Takamaru being one of them, seeing as he had his own mini game in Nintendoland.

Any comments or suggestions?

MagnesD3

Smash Master

Here's my "best case scenario" prediction roster, which got more and more biased as I made it. 46 characters (48 if you include Lucas and Falco).

Cuts:

Toon Link: Replaced with LBW Link, though I feel like they could be interchangeable. Neither one really has more significance than the other.
Lucario: Replaced with Mewtwo or Zoroark. One of them is bound to have a similar moveset.
Falco: I feel like Falco or Wolf is going to get cut. I think Falco plays too similar to Fox, and it's easier to differentiate Wolf's movepool. Also Wolf is another Villain rep. Krystal ultimately replaces him because she would have a unique move set, which is a first for the Starfox reps.
Lucas: Simply because he's a clone, and I didn't have room for him. I was either going to cut Lucas or Ike, and Lucas got the boot due to Ike's popularity and that he isn't a clone of Marth. I also feel like Mother isn't a big enough franchise to deserve two reps. If Mother gets two, F-Zero should get two. (Totally being biased. :( )

I kept Falco and Lucas on the bottom because of the off chance that there is an abundance of characters this time around and 48 is somehow a plausible number, then they are okay to comeback in my book. Plus it was really hard to cut them.

Bowser Jr. is the token new rep for Mario. He's very prominent in the New Super Mario Bros series. Not to mention his appearance in a handful of the 3D Mario console platformers (namely Super Mario Sunshine). He could have a very different move set from Bowser, especially if they incorperate his paintbrush. But please, God, PLEASE do not give him the Shadow Mario transformation.

Mewtwo comes back due to his overwhelming popularity, PLUS his new Awakened Forme gives him some relevance with the new gen 6! Two birds with one stone! I'd say Nintendo would be crazy to pass up that opportunity.

Zoroark will be introduced as the gen 5 rep. Obviously, Zoroark wasn't as much as a token rep as Lucario was, but I feel like he'd be the best to fill in that gap. If not, I feel like Victini and Genesect would also be good candidates.

King K. Rool makes it for his popularity over Dixie Kong, though I'd LOVE for both to join the fray.

Krystal is added to make way for the Starfox rep overhaul. Like I said, it was hard to cut Falco, and I hope it doesn't have to be done, but I feel like, in the end, Krystal will be the more unique character and better represent the later games of the series. Also she's a GURL.

Ghirahim... I'm going to be completely honest. I just really want him in. Yes, he was a totally biased addition, but I feel like he would be SO fun to play as. Plus, it seems like Skyward Sword isn't going to be repped by design (or at least I hope not. I really want Zelda to keep her TP design.) so Ghirahim wouldn't be an irrational addition.

LBW Link is just the replacement of Toon Link. I feel like he could still be called "Toon Link," but just be the Link from the LBW game. Though I really don't like the idea of him being referred to as a "toon." Maybe... I don't know, just not Toon.

Chrom obviously takes the cake for the new Fire Emblem rep because of the new 3DS game, though I wouldn't be sad if they decided to go with Lyn or Micaiah instead.

Takamaru: Sakurai said this game was going to bring back some retro characters, and I can see Takamaru being one of them, seeing as he had his own mini game in Nintendoland.

Lucas and Lucario arent clones though, they are both unique characters (with B movesets that need to be redone).

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Lucas and Lucario arent clones though, they are both unique characters (with B movesets that need to be redone).
Lucas was more due to me not having room. Regardless, he's still rather similar (and boring). But that's just my opinion. Like I said, it was pretty biased.
Lucario was because I feel like Zoraork or Mewtwo could have a similar moveset.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Lucas was more due to me not having room. Regardless, he's still rather similar (and boring). But that's just my opinion. Like I said, it was pretty biased.
Lucario was because I feel like Zoraork or Mewtwo could have a similar moveset.
Mewtwo's moveset would probably get copy and pasted over to SSB4 from Melee. So he would not have a similar moveset.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So what is all this talk of characters being confirmed to be cut? I've read a few comments saying stuff like, "With the news that some will be cut..." Wtf? Pretty sure Sakurai never said anything like that.

Although I could be wrong. I've been working a lot lately so I haven't been up to speed completely.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
That's like saying Samus and Zero Suit Samus will have the same moveset.
Not quite. Samus and Zero Suit Samus clearly couldn't have the same abilities, whereas the two forms of Mewtwo are still the same species of Pokemon, and would likely have the same abilities.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace

Comments?
While I feel like this is definetly one of the best routes they could take with the game (no cuts, most of the popular picks) I find it unrealistic due to how... Well realistic it is. I feel like at least a few cuts are in our future for this game, I don't see toon link, snake, or lucario coming back at least, and could see falco getting cut (this one is sketchy, but the three land masters really do piss me off). I could also see him having a few more unpopular picks that no one expects (I'm going for a new Mario rep being wart, make it happen!) maybe not though. Dillon and mii aren't exactly super popular but would both make sense. I'd also prefer you add Isaac too, but I mean that's just preference. Definetly would play and love, definetly don't see it happening.

D

Deleted member

Being The Goddamn Batman is his Final Smash!

...though but seriously, Batman would be frigging sweet in Smash, but will never happen. Even if MiiVerse is swamped with Batman for Smash posts.

"Batman Bursts From the Shade!"

(Double points for who gets that. :awesome:)

FourStar

Smash Ace

Cuts:

you do realize one of sakurai's favorite characters is falco right....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom