• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

?????????????

Smash Master
well then I do believe that this thread has been sidetracked long enough.
to get it back on track I'll post my roster here:

any question's? comments? statements?
Two minor things that bug me:

Pokemon having more characters than Mario.

Kid Icarus having more characters than Metroid.

Small things that don't make a huge difference. Looks great regardless.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I wonder how development time for G&W compares to any other character? He's gotta be done by now right? Even if they've updated him in some way. How easy would it be just to give him to us now? And wouldn't the hype be relatively well received considering he's always been one of the last reveals?

Morbi

Scavenger

You are looking at the roster "representative based" as opposed to "character based". It actually isn't too odd in my opinion. The only thing odd is how he treats Jigglypuff.

Espio264

Smash Ace

That's the finest roster I've seen since my mirror got grease on it!
It looks just like mine, except I have Ridley and Toad. It's pretty.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Why is Jigglypuff off of the roster and by the Random icon? That seems disrespectful.
because she is a goddess, and needs to be treated as such, that is her throne:troll:
I just merely ran out of room so I just put her right next to the random spot, sorry if it does bother ya, I can't really change it

I don't see any Mario rep as likely, so I didn't add any:p its just that mewtwo just seems inevitable so that is why Pokémon has 5 slots
I can't really see ridley making it on a roster of the size of 45, so it pained me, but I couldn't put him on it.
thanks for the feedback, mates:)

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

previous comment: Not really, though its kinda annoying when your always kind to people yet get hated anyway.

Roster looks good, though maybe roy instead of chrom. other than that it looks to small for my taste, maybe 5 more. (I'm assuming its 45)

overall 8.5/10.

?????????????

Smash Master
I don't see any Mario rep as likely, so I didn't add any:p its just that mewtwo just seems inevitable so that is why Pokémon has 5 slots
I can't really see ridley making it on a roster of the size of 45, so it pained me, but I couldn't put him on it.
thanks for the feedback, mates:)
There isn't a single new Mario rep that absolutely stands out as an obvious newcomer, but all the same, it looks odd to me to have Pokemon have more characters than Mario. However, I like your Pokemon line-up and would not change it.

Another TOTAL opinion... I honestly think that Ridley is more likely than Palutena.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601

Aside from the awkward layout and questionable lack of a 2nd Metroid rep, nothing stands out at all. This is a pretty standard and solid roster! Good job!

Morbi

Scavenger
There isn't a single new Mario rep that absolutely stands out as an obvious newcomer, but all the same, it looks odd to me to have Pokemon have more characters than Mario. However, I like your Pokemon line-up and would not change it.

Another TOTAL opinion... I honestly think that Ridley is more likely than Palutena.
Toad seems pretty obvious to me, lets be honest, if Peach didn't have Toad as her neutral special everybody would expect him (IMO). Ridley has some tech related problems along with Sakurai disregarding him as a potential playable character in the past. Palutena doesn't have much going against her (aside from Sakurai's modesty).

?????????????

Smash Master
Toad seems pretty obvious to me, lets be honest, if Peach didn't have Toad as her neutral special everybody would expect him (IMO). Ridley has some tech related problems along with Sakurai disregarding him as a potential playable character in the past. Palutena doesn't have much going against her (aside from Sakurai's modesty).
I think Bowser Jr. has the best shot at the moment. I think he's become enough of a regular to the series.

Palutena...what I have against the character is that...I think she's better suited to other roles. I think of her more as a part of Pit, like Doc Louis to Little Mac, than a separate entity. I mean, she literally IS a separate entity, but I think she can be represented just as well with just Pit...again, like Doc and Mac.

More of my own views.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Well goodnight everybody! I'll catch you again when we're all one more update wealthier. Hopefully it'll be a good one. Don't badmouth Falco while I'm gone or I might just return and clock you in the balls/lady balls. Have a good one!

Morbi

Scavenger
I think Bowser Jr. has the best shot at the moment. I think he's become enough of a regular to the series.

Palutena...what I have against the character is that...I think she's better suited to other roles. I think of her more as a part of Pit, like Doc Louis to Little Mac, than a separate entity. I mean, she literally IS a separate entity, but I think she can be represented just as well with just Pit...again, like Doc and Mac.

More of my own views.
That seems rational, it is what Sakurai did in Brawl. I think Uprising is what makes a lot of people speculate about her (despite them disregarding "muh recency").

Edit: We should probably cut Falco. He doesn't do much, he just sucks in general.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, i'm off to bed. But here is the first of my Super Smash Boards rosters! I'm going installment by installment, meaning i'm starting with 12, and will bump it up to 26 next time.

Here we are!

Here were my picks for Super Smash Boards 64:

Entei = GoldenYuiitusin
Booker DeWitt = Scoliosis Jones (shameless self inclusion :awesome:)
Toon Link = FalKoopa
Shulk = Xenoblaze
Roy = Chronobound
Mega Man = Super Smash Bros. Fan
K.Rool = BKupa
Ivysaur = Swampasaur
Mario and Sonic = Mario and Sonic Guy
Ridley = Oasis
Guile = JohnKnight
Diskun = SaturnGamer64

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well, i'm off to bed. But here is the first of my Super Smash Boards rosters! I'm going installment by installment, meaning i'm starting with 12, and will bump it up to 26 next time.

Here we are!

Entei = GoldenYuiitusin
Toon Link = FalKoopa
Shulk = Xenoblaze
Roy = Chronobound
K.Rool = BKupa
Ivysaur = Swampasaur
Ridley = Oasis
Guile = JohnKnight
Diskun = SaturnGamer64
Why isn't Morbid already in?

SuperBrawler

Smash Master

Here we are!

Entei = GoldenYuiitusin
Toon Link = FalKoopa
Shulk = Xenoblaze
Roy = Chronobound
K.Rool = BKupa
Ivysaur = Swampasaur
Ridley = Oasis
Guile = JohnKnight
Diskun = SaturnGamer64
You better I add me lololol.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Here we are!

Entei = GoldenYuiitusin
Toon Link = FalKoopa
Shulk = Xenoblaze
Roy = Chronobound
K.Rool = BKupa
Ivysaur = Swampasaur
Ridley = Oasis
Guile = JohnKnight
Diskun = SaturnGamer64

And where am I?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

Here we are!

Entei = GoldenYuiitusin
Toon Link = FalKoopa
Shulk = Xenoblaze
Roy = Chronobound
K.Rool = BKupa
Ivysaur = Swampasaur
Ridley = Oasis
Guile = JohnKnight
Diskun = SaturnGamer64
looks good so far mate, can't wait to see the end product

and alas its time for me to take my leave, i wish you guys the best of times
also wake me up when a wolfo'donnel reference is made

yoonb

Smash Journeyman

No Pac-Man? No Mii? Shulk and Chrom? One of my favorite rosters by far. I'm a little iffy on Snake's inclusion, though.

Just a quick question for y'all. Why does everybody continue to have all Brawl veteran returning when most of don't expect (I think it's most of us) all of them returning in the first place? It's more of a curious question.

Morbi

Scavenger
looks good so far mate, can't wait to see the end product

and alas its time for me to take my leave, i wish you guys the best of times
also wake me up when a wolfo'donnel reference is made
Can't let you do that Star Fox!

Why isn't Morbid already in?
Right? He is getting no more likes! Just kidding, he is saving the best for Melee.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
No Pac-Man? No Mii? Shulk and Chrom? One of my favorite rosters by far. I'm a little iffy on Snake's inclusion, though.

Just a quick question for y'all. Why does everybody continue to have all Brawl veteran returning when most of don't expect (I think it's most of us) all of them returning in the first place? It's more of a curious question.
I do not, personally. My best guess is that people are just hoping for the best.

Morbi

Scavenger

After Toon Link was revealed, a lot of the "cut" fear left, probably erroneously. Most people still speculate that we will get a reasonable amount of cuts, perhaps one or two. Common candidates are Snake (based on licensing issues and any possible malice because MGS isn't going to be on the Wii U) and Lucas (Mother is dead and Ness is all we really need). Some people out of the norm speculate that certain characters might be dismissed, some Wolf/Lucario/Ike haters are out there. Obviously there isn't a basis for those cuts. I personally think that Pokemon Trainer will be a logical cut.

In the end, after Toon Link, people think that only 1 or 2 characters will be cut. Most people just assume that we will not get as many newcomers.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Mario and Sonic as a duo destroys their individuality!

Otherwise, stellar roster you've got there. I'd buy it.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Imo, Fox and Falco are all Star Fox needs this time around, unless Krystal is added, then we need Wolf too.
Lucario won't leave; he's big still.
Ike probably won't either - He's got that "Everybody loves [strike] Raymong [/strike] Ike fanbase behind him.
Lucas won't go. You see, Sakurai LOVES Mother.

Snake I see leaving, and MAYBE R.O.B., anyone else is fair game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom