• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If they do Hoenn Pokemon Trainer I'd prefere Mudkip-Grovyle-Blaziken (even if it is the same type-to-evolution-stage ratio as OG Pkmn Trainer. But Hoenn Pkmn Trainer is no where near my most wanted Pokemon rep.
Those are the best choices, the problem people have is it follows the SAME pattern as the current pokemon trainer.

Squirtle, ivysaur, charizard.

I personally think the best choices should top people's hate of repeating the same pattern

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Those are the best choices, the problem people have is it follows the SAME pattern as the current pokemon trainer.

I personally think the best choices should top people's hate of repeating the same pattern
So Treeko, Cumbusken, and Swampert? I mean, let's face it, a Blaziken will most likely be a Pokémon version of Captain Falcon, unless they get rather creative with it. I can see its Up B being Sky Uppercut or something.

JordantheGiant

Smash Cadet

That's what I meant by type to evolutionary stage ratio but I didn't know how to word it any better.

Who would you like to see from the Pkmn series?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So Treeko, Cumbusken, and Swampert? I mean, let's face it, a Blaziken will most likely be a Pokémon version of Captain Falcon, unless they get rather creative with it. I can see its Up B being Sky Uppercut or something.
Mudkip is popular Blaziken is too to a lesser extent, and ...I'll just say it. Grovyle had A LOT of personality in the anime.

There is no escaping those 3 being the best choice

JordantheGiant

Smash Cadet
It has to be Mudkip tho imo, one of the most well known Pokemon no matter the generation of game. Then its a toss up between Grovyle, Combusken, Sceptile, & Blaziken.

BSP

Smash Legend
Implying that more Captain Falcon would be a bad thing

JordantheGiant

Smash Cadet
Implying that more Captain Falcon would be a bad thing
Lmao. But I'd be fine with Blaziken being a (heavily) luigified clone of Capn. Although one of the best parts of Pkmn Trainer in Brawl is not only do you get to play as three guys but each of the Pokemon are completely unique from any other character in the game.

christianizcool

Smash Cadet
My current roster prediction picture (the same one I'll use in Toise's bet -- when we actually get another deadline)

[COLLAPSE="Roster Pic"]

Sheik and Zero Suit Samus are still included, even though they don't have pictures[/COLLAPSE]
^^It will most likely be subject to constant edits and changes. :awesome:
Woah, my roster is nearly the same except Takamaru and Shulk.
Also, I don't count on Roy, and I am sure they will have another Pokemon, but I don't think it will be Zoroark.
Include Geno and you pretty much have my (dream) roster.

Your not related to "Chris is cool" are you?

He was a pretty bad troll from what I remember
Nope, I don't know who that is.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
:bee:

Of course Mario will be in it

The question is...will :luigi2: make it?
Yes! Luigi will be in and he will have a new final smash such as he vacum! It'll be amazing!

As for character polls.....Will Sakurai be doing one for the fans or something anytime soon. Even if its just for Japan, I would love to see one. The US should get one too though. Any thoughts?

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
PKMN Trainer

I think it would be cool to add a Team Rocket member, they could have a Machop, Persian, and Crobat. They are going to probably represent newer generations so it would be cool if it was a newer trainer from the other series. I would like different types to be represented though such as ghost, dark or ground types.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Your not related to "Chris is cool" are you?

He was a pretty bad troll from what I remember

JordantheGiant

Smash Cadet
I have faith in namco that he won't be a clone if he gets in. Besides. You guys think captain falcon? For some reason my head keeps going back to Ken from street fighter when I think blaziken.
Fire Punch could never be in the same UNIVERSE as Falcon Punch so that'd have to be different at the very least.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As for character polls.....Will Sakurai be doing one for the fans or something anytime soon. Even if its just for Japan, I would love to see one. The US should get one too though. Any thoughts?
I hope the next poll includes all regions, but no matter if it does or doesn't, I very much doubt we will get to see the results, much like we never got to see the results of the Brawl poll. (Except for knowing that Sonic was #1)

And if it's anything like Melee's poll, we'll just fill in what character we'd like to see, we won't even have a list to choose from. This was probably how Brawl's poll worked also, but I don't know. It would still be a lot better than not getting a poll outside Japan at all though.

crow95

Smash Cadet
Dont care whats going into the roster as long there will be a second character from the F-Zero franchise. Very unlikely, but still hoping

Narugi

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking about old characters that are getting revamped because of newer games.

Olimar, with Pikmin 3 coming, will likely be back but this time wielding flying pikmin that may help his god awful recovery. Rock Pikmin were also shown I guess it could replace the purple but I'm not sure what the point of that would be other then upgrade him to current game.

Luigi, as said earlier, may get a new final smash or even new moves with the vacuum from Luigi's Mansion 2. It could make him less generic and would make sense like when they gave Mario the FLUDD in Brawl. It is also a possibility they will include a Luigi's Mansion 2 stage.

I hope that Marth stays in and I would die happy if they put Lyn in, but it's probably not gonna happen.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Namco doesn't have to be limited to one rep.

As much as I like Soul Calibur, I don't want an SC character in SSB4 because it is bound to be Seigfreid or Taki (Maybe Sophitia?), and I can't see any of them being that interesting...

Its a shame, having one of the more interesting characters like Voldo, Yoshimitsu or Maxi would be awesome.

Maybe a Namco vs. Nintendo game is in order? :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I believe there was a big thing about Capcom X Nintendo a while ago.

TBH Sega X Nintendo would be more interesting than anything else I can think of

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm quite sure that the original 12 will be making a return, seeing as they were all present in Melee and Brawl. But I'd like to see Captain Falcon and Ness go back to being starters.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Can someone tell me why people are putting more than 4 pokemon in their "realistic" rosters. We all know that each game only has 4 representatives. The only way you will get mewtwo is if he is partnered with a pokemon conquest character. Ex. Yoshi is considered to be part of the yoshi story brand not mario

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Can someone tell me why people are putting more than 4 pokemon in their "realistic" rosters. We all know that each game only has 4 representatives. The only way you will get mewtwo is if he is partnered with a pokemon conquest character. Ex. Yoshi is considered to be part of the yoshi story brand not mario

:phone:
Melee had "5" Super Mario characters (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Dr. Mario), so that's pretty much a moot point.

Based&Blessed

Smash Rookie
All i know is that they should add a slot for Link where he can switch from the 3 masks(Zoras, Gorons, Deku) with Down B like how they did with Pokemon Trainer and Zelda/Shiek. I think that would be pretty cool. I know this has nothing to do with characters, but I think they should also add that stage from ssb64 with Metal mario on it. Idk why i like that stage so much lol.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
We need Crash Bandicoot.

*running quickly from this thread before persons read this and get angry with me*

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Starting the threads over again, huh? Nice. My desired newcomers for SSB4 are:

Mario series
- Toad

Donkey Kong series
- Dixie Kong (or Dixie & Kiddy)
- King K. Rool
- Donkey Kong Jr. (only if the above two are in first)

Zelda series
- Tingle
- Masked Link (Deku/Goron/Zora Links with Fierce Deity Link as Final Smash)
- Impa
- Vaati
- Ganon (the pig demon from Link to the Past and Four Swords Adventures)
- Toon Zelda / Tetra (no Toon Sheik!!!!)

Metroid series
- Ridley
- Fusion Suit Samus (Ice Missiles, baby! and no Zero Suit Samus as Final Smash)

Yoshi series
- Baby Mario Bros. (Baby Mario & Baby Luigi team-up like in Partners in Time)

Kirby series
- Waddle Dee

Star Fox series
- Krystal (please try to restrain your urge to turn all Star Fox characters clones of Fox, Sakurai)

Pokemon series
- Mewtwo
- Meowth (or Team Rocket with Meowth/Arbok team and Meowth/Weezing team)
- Pokemon Trainer May with Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken
- Deoxys
- Zoroark

Fire Emblem series
- Krom
- Caeda (liking the idea of her riding the pegasus as a Final Smash)

Kid Icarus series
- Palutena
- Medusa
- Magnus (only if the two goddesses get in first)

Punch-Out!! series
- Little Mac
- King Hippo

Retro characters
- Duck Hunt Dog
- Takamaru
- Muddy Mole
- Captain N (the only fourth-party character I wouldn't mind)

New characters
- Starfy
- Mii
- Captain Rainbow
- Isaac or Matthew (they are similar so I don't care which, I just would like a Golden Sun character)

Third-party characters
- Simon Belmont
- Pac-Man
- Prince of Persia
- Slime (or Slime & Chocobo)
- Mega Man

I don't expect everyone on this list to be playable. I do understand that some of them have little to no chance of getting in anyway. Although I do hope that 50% of my list makes the SSB4 roster. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom