• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

My Unit is the "main" character? I know he can fight now, but does he affect and influence the story? It just seems a bit odd. Like I said, this out of my hands. However, my previous points still stand. Unless Lucina is Elincia levels of unimportant I doubt it makes a difference. In the end, she's more popular than Chrom in Japan atm, and if the Roster has already been decided, then perhaps she's already taken his spot in Smash... Or perhaps we got both of them.
-Used as a vessel for the main villain of the game.
-Kills Chrom in the future that Lucina came from (being the reason why Lucina is even in the past to begin with).
-Final Boss is both present main villain (as giant dragon) and future main villain (possessing future My Unit).

Your points also do not hold for multiple reasons:
1. The point about Lucina being more popular than Chrom has no source.
She may be the most popular female character while Chrom is the most popular male character for the game as shown on the website,
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/kakusei_bk/kekka/index.html
But it doesn't state which of the two is more popular.
However, we have a poll conducted by Nintendo Dream in regards to overall character popularity, at which Chrom is on top with "Marth" being 2nd. Lucina as herself is only tied for 3rd with Gaia (who seems to be very popular overall for some reason I don't understand...)
http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/fe13poll.jpg
The only way that Lucina can claim to be more popular is if you were to combine the votes for her and the votes for "Marth", but that opens up a larger can of worms in the whole seperate identity crisis that would be comparable to say, an OoT popularity contest with having both Zelda and Sheik as options. Votes for "Marth" may not necessarily be votes for Lucina, for example.
And another smaller poll that Sakurai had posted on his Twitter was for characters that have appeared in recent titles.
Of Fire Emblem characters for Kakusei, we see Chrom being the most popular, with Ike in second (at this point in time, he only appeared in Spotpass), Marth, and then Gaia. Lucina, either as herself or "Marth" are not within the Top 20.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m60ugvPyYS1qaur2ao1_500.jpg
2. Only main characters from Fire Emblem have made it so far, and it's likely to keep that way. I never said Lucina was not important, but she is not one of the two main characters, which are Chrom and the My Unit. She comes pretty damn close, however. It's Chrom from Awakening or no one from Awakening. You can hold me to it.
3. If both Chrom and Lucina get in, they will not be seperate. Two newcomers from the same game is completely farfetched no matter what logic you try to stretch it with. Instead, they would be a new tag-team to represent the new tag-team system from Awakening. You can hold me to that too. And no, Lucina will not replace Marth. No one will. To bet against Marth at this point is the same thing as betting against Pikachu.

D

Deleted member

-Used as a vessel for the main villain of the game.
-Kills Chrom in the future that Lucina came from (being the reason why Lucina is even in the past to begin with).
-Final Boss is both present main villain (as giant dragon) and future main villain (possessing future My Unit).

Your points also do not hold for multiple reasons:
1. The point about Lucina being more popular than Chrom has no source.
She may be the most popular female character while Chrom is the most popular male character for the game as shown on the website,
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/kakusei_bk/kekka/index.html
But it doesn't state which of the two is more popular.
However, we have a poll conducted by Nintendo Dream in regards to overall character popularity, at which Chrom is on top with "Marth" being 2nd. Lucina as herself is only tied for 3rd with Gaia (who seems to be very popular overall for some reason I don't understand...)
http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/fe13poll.jpg
The only way that Lucina can claim to be more popular is if you were to combine the votes for her and the votes for "Marth", but that opens up a larger can of worms in the whole seperate identity crisis that would be comparable to say, an OoT popularity contest with having both Zelda and Sheik as options. Votes for "Marth" may not necessarily be votes for Lucina, for example.
And another smaller poll that Sakurai had posted on his Twitter was for characters that have appeared in recent titles.
Of Fire Emblem characters for Kakusei, we see Chrom being the most popular, with Ike in second (at this point in time, he only appeared in Spotpass), Marth, and then Gaia. Lucina, either as herself or "Marth" are not within the Top 20.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m60ugvPyYS1qaur2ao1_500.jpg
2. Only main characters from Fire Emblem have made it so far, and it's likely to keep that way. I never said Lucina was not important, but she is not one of the two main characters, which are Chrom and the My Unit. She comes pretty damn close, however. It's Chrom from Awakening or no one from Awakening. You can hold me to it.
3. If both Chrom and Lucina get in, they will not be seperate. Two newcomers from the same game is completely farfetched no matter what logic you try to stretch it with. Instead, they would be a new tag-team to represent the new tag-team system from Awakening. You can hold me to that too. And no, Lucina will not replace Marth. No one will. To bet against Marth at this point is the same thing as betting against Pikachu.

Very well, I concede.

On an unrelated note, I found a poll a while back, similar to the ones you posted, that was for all the FE lords. I can't find it for the life of me. I remember that Ike was in second place. Would you happen to know the one I
m talking about?

D

Deleted member

I am afraid I do not know about that one. I'm pretty sure Tri (His username is ---) or ChronoBound would know though.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
I just like the idea of a lance user in Smash (Chrom has one of those, right?)

I still don't support him though
Chrom is as much a lancewielder as Ike is an axewielder, they CAN use it but rarely do so because the swords just tend to be much more powerful and thus more iconic. That said, if they squeeze those weapons into the movesets, I guess I'd be okay with Chrom taking the 3rd spot. I would still much rather have something more unique(actual axe/lance/magic wielders, Lyn or Black Knight) to represent the series as a whole.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
People talking Fire Emblem here without any knowlegde of it whatsoever... :rolleyes:

To those debating the Chrom vs Lucina issue, here's some spoilers I picked up from the story of Awakening:
Lucina appears as 'Marth' from the future to inform her father, Chrom, about the future that this demon dragon guy -who's totally not Medeus- Gimle has killed him in the future and destroyed the world. The story goes about changing the past for a better future, but from what I picked up, either the past or the future will end up destroyed anyway. So both the past (Chrom's part) and the future (Lucina's part) are about equally important. Thing is, Chrom remains available right from the beginning, and seems to be adressed to as the main character by the team's Jeigan / other main advisor all the time. Also about that poll: it doesn't show who's more popular between Chrom and Lucina cause TO ME IT SEEMS that it's a popularity ranking between the parent's story (Chrom's) aka 1st generation and the children's story (Lucina) aka 2nd generation.

So basically, Chrom stands a slightly better chance perhaps, but you cannot really say it's cause of story importance. Moreso the way the game adresses both characters and game marketing and availabliity of the character in the game.

And no, they'll not be duo characters. That's an awful idea.

In terms of chances, I still think Chrom is most likely for a new character for Fire Emblem. If Lyn was to be added, she would've likely been in Brawl already amongst Ike as a second newcomer, but she (unfortunately) didn't. Roy might be a last minute Marth-clone addition, with a little Luigification maybe but I don't have high hopes for him either if Nintendo doesn't plan to do DLC (in which case, I could see Dr.Mario and Pichu return as 'whole' characters again as well as potential other cuts in the roster).

Also, lances and axes can easily be turned into projectiles for Chrom and Ike. Chrom could use a Javelin or Spear as a throwing weapon, and Ike could use a Hand Axe or Tomahawk as a throwing weapon. Not to mention, Ike already swings around his sword like an axe so why not give him an option to use Urvan (his father's axe) as a slight alternative to Ike? Slightly less range, but a bit more power and different hitboxes / priority in the moves... It would easily work. A lance would be much harder to program a working moveset with for a guy who originally should use a sword but yeah... Seeing the design of the 'new' Falchion Chrom weilds, it could work.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I said this before and I will say it again, I don't think Sakurai is going to have in three male blue-haired sword-users, especially with two of them being guys known for their muscles and brawn (Chrom and Ike). Throw in the fact that Sakurai's most likely retro pick is another blue-haired sword-wielder (Takamaru), I think Sakurai is going to be very mindful of this being very redundant for Fire Emblem.

Ike's re-design for FE13 was also very poorly received in Japan, and the Western fanbase has not taken kindly to it either. Overall, I think many fans greatly overestimate Ike's chances of returning. I would even venture to say that Chrom is a bigger threat to Ike than Zoroark is to Lucario.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I said this before and I will say it again, I don't think Sakurai is going to have in three male blue-haired sword-users, especially with two of them being guys known for their muscles and brawn (Chrom and Ike). Throw in the fact that Sakurai's most likely retro pick is another blue-haired sword-wielder (Takamaru), I think Sakurai is going to be very mindful of this being very redundant for Fire Emblem.

Ike's re-design for FE13 was also very poorly received in Japan, and the Western fanbase has not taken kindly to it either. Overall, I think many fans greatly overestimate Ike's chances of returning. I would even venture to say that Chrom is a bigger threat to Ike than Zoroark is to Lucario.
I dont see why the character having similar features like hair should make a difference. That's like saying Wario shouldn't have been in Brawl because there were already 2 overall wearing mustached men. it's really a poor argument that really has no floor to stand on.

fact is all 3 are still very popular, are all important enough in their respective titles, and have enough to offer in way to make them fundamentally different. do they all look similar. yes. But that is how the franchise has chosen to present themselves.

not saying that i support Chrom but i just see him as very likely

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
fact is all 3 are still very popular, are all important enough in their respective titles, and have enough to offer in way to make them fundamentally different. do they all look similar. yes. But that is how the franchise has chosen to present themselves.
Wario is radically different from Mario and Luigi. There has been a lot of people comparing Chrom to Ike in Japan as well.

This braindead lervel of defense of Ike from Chrom, is extremely foolish.

From a casual standpoint, Chrom looks like an Ike that did not bother to spike his hair in the morning.

In Japan, Ike is regarded as being at the top of the chopping block alongside Lucario, Snake, and Sonic.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Wario is radically different from Mario and Luigi. There has been a lot of people comparing Chrom to Ike in Japan as well.

This braindead lervel of defense of Ike from Chrom, is extremely foolish.

From a casual standpoint, Chrom looks like an Ike that did not bother to spike his hair in the morning.

In Japan, Ike is regarded as being at the top of the chopping block alongside Lucario, Snake, and Sonic.

what braindead level of thinking? I was just saying basing them on their looks is a piss poor way to prove a point.

they still dress differently and have different ways of fighting so yeah Ike and Chrom could still coencide in Smash without people getting confused or anything

use those as arguments you said afterwords. dont say he shouldn't make it to the next game because he looks similar to other characters that just looks like Biased BS.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
what braindead level of thinking? I was just saying basing them on their looks is a piss poor way to prove a point.

they still dress differently and have different ways of fighting so yeah Ike and Chrom could still coencide in Smash without people getting confused or anything

use those as arguments you said afterwords. dont say he shouldn't make it to the next game because he looks similar to other characters that just looks like Biased BS.
Chrom: Mercenary-like lord known for his strength.
Ike: Mercenary-like lord know for his strength.

At the very least they are going to be luigified clones of one another.

Also, Ike's Radiant Dawn costume is quite similar to Chrom's outfit (specifically having one arm completely covered, while having another arm complete bare).

Look at these casual descriptions for characters and see who would see to be the most "bland":

Marth:
That feminine quick blue-haired swordsman.

Roy:
That red-headed swordman with the flaming sword.

Ike:
That blue-haired swordsman that's slow and strong.

Chrom:
That blue-haired swordman that a tad weaker and faster than Ike.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Chrom: Mercenary-like lord known for his strength.
Ike: Mercenary-like lord know for his strength.

At the very least they are going to be luigified clones of one another.

Also, Ike's Radiant Dawn costume is quite similar to Chrom's outfit (specifically having one arm completely covered, while having another arm complete bare).

Look at these casual descriptions for characters and see who would see to be the most "bland":

Marth:
That feminine quick blue-haired swordsman.

Roy:
That red-headed swordman with the flaming sword.

Ike:
That blue-haired swordsman that's slow and strong.

Chrom:
That blue-haired swordman that a tad weaker and faster than Ike.
that is an extreme oversimplification of the characters. what about the moveset possibilities? based on the cinematics alone Ike has little in common with Chrom. If anything Chrom looks to have more in common with Marth cause he clearly has more fluidity in his movements than Ike does. or what about the mere popularity of the characters? I may be wrong but isn't Ike still one of the most popular Fire Emblem characters.

personally i would be most happy with all 4 but that's just me

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
that is an extreme oversimplification of the characters
That is how characters would be viewed boiled down to the perspective of a casual Smash Bros. fan. One of the reasons why Dr. Mario was unpopular with casuals, was that they felt Doc's only difference with regular Mario was that he threw pills.

Distinguishability is most likely an important parameter in Sakurai's decision making process. There is a rumor that for Melee, Sakurai was originally going to go with Leaf as the clone for Marth, but while he was at Intelligent Systems he got a sneak peak at FE6, and changed his mind to having it be Roy because he thought the fire sword would offer a bigger distinction from Marth than anything he had planned for Leaf. There is also a rumor that Wolf was planned to be playable since Smash 64, though when the Sakurai was implementing Melee's clones, he went with Falco because he thought Wolf was not as visually distinctive compared to Falco.

This is a stretch, but its also possible that the reason he made Zelda a brunette, since Sakurai wanted the females (Peach, Zelda, Zero Suit Samus) to have a hair color besides blonde. This keeping in mind that the last time Zelda had brown hair was A Link To The Past (though that was with the sprite, not the artwork).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, I'm still betting on Marth/Ike/Roy, Crom is a definite possibility but I still see Roy over him at the moment and I don't see any reason for Marth/Ike to go. If anything I'm betting it coming down to movesets this time, sales don't matter and they're all about the same in popularity.

Also am betting on Marth getting a Lucina alt, a Dragon themed stage (Gimle?), and the Triangle Attack being an AT.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Meh, I'm still betting on Marth/Ike/Roy, Crom is a definite possibility but I still see Roy over him at the moment and I don't see any reason for Marth/Ike to go. If anything I'm betting it coming down to movesets this time, sales don't matter and they're all about the same in popularity.

Also am betting on Marth getting a Lucina alt, a Dragon themed stage (Gimle?), and the Triangle Attack being an AT.
I am betting on mostly the same thing too. I think Ike will have a Krom alternate costume (with Ike likely being in his FE10 incarnation to accomodate this), while Marth will have a Lucina alternate costume. Marth and Roy will mostly likely be in their FE13 re-designs.

D

Deleted member

I am betting on mostly the same thing too. I think Ike will have a Krom alternate costume (with Ike likely being in his FE10 incarnation to accomodate this), while Marth will have a Lucina alternate costume. Marth and Roy will mostly likely be in their FE13 re-designs.
Well, since you guys are here might as well ask right off the bat. You guys got sauce on the poll I asked GY for? It was a Japanese poll from some magazine in which they ranked all the FE lords by popularity. If I'm not mistaken, it had Chrom at No.1 and Ike at No.2. I remember seeing it on /v/ ages ago, and I can't find it for the life of me.

Anyway, to stay on topic. Chrom and Lucina Alt.s would be a nice way to go about it as well. They'd just have to make Marth's voice slightly more feminine.

I don't see Ike getting cut though, but that's just me.

If it stays Marth+Ike with alts of the new guysm they should just toss in Roy+Lyn and call it a day.

Of course, that would be the case in a perfect world...

D

Deleted member

Yeah I'm thinking Marth, Ike and Roy as well. Chrom could still happen, but I feel his chance is vastly overrated (especially on GameFAQs) mainly because he gets little support overall.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, since you guys are here might as well ask right off the bat. You guys got sauce on the poll I asked GY for? It was a Japanese poll from some magazine in which they ranked all the FE lords by popularity. If I'm not mistaken, it had Chrom at No.1 and Ike at No.2. I remember seeing it on /v/ ages ago, and I can't find it for the life of me....
I know what you are talking about. It was not a poll about FE lord popularity, it was a poll about general Nintendo video game character popularity. It was from Nintendo Dream (Japan's official Nintendo magazine).

The only cross FE (as in across various FE video games) character poll I am aware is the GBA trilogy Fire Emblem poll (of which Roy ranked as the most popular FE character of the GBA trilogy).

D

Deleted member

I know what you are talking about. It was not a poll about FE lord popularity, it was a poll about general Nintendo video game character popularity. It was from Nintendo Dream (Japan's official Nintendo magazine).

The only cross FE (as in across various FE video games) character poll I am aware is the GBA trilogy Fire Emblem poll (of which Roy ranked as the most popular FE character of the GBA trilogy).
That might be it. All I clearly remember was that Chrom was at No.1, which was expected as people tend to bandwagon with new heroes, but what was cool was that Ike still reigned second. Marth was down like at No.6-7 or something.

It might have been a Nintendo poll, but I don't recall seeing Mario or Samus anywhere, all I recall was what I mentioned, and a bunch of unfamiliar faces, maybe a couple here and there that I knew, like Hector, Roy and Lyn, but it's hazy.

However, if it was a Nintendo poll, then it's very surprising to see two FE lords outperform big-shots like Mario, Kirby, Link and Samus, over in Japan, especially someone like Ike.

Then again, most those polls are fickle anyway, and should not be taken as an accurate representation of the general opinion. Hell, that could be said for all polls. According to the polls, the race between Obama and Romney was a neck to neck, but in the end Obama pulled a large-margin win... Just goes to show...

Thanks anyway.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That might be it. All I clearly remember was that Chrom was at No.1, which was expected as people tend to bandwagon with new heroes, but what was cool was that Ike still reigned second. Marth was down like at No.6-7 or something.
Could it have been this?

Sakurai tweeted this Nintendo Dream character poll a while ago, presumably because Pit was first (and Kirby third), though Chrom, Ike, and Marth are all on it, in that order.

There was also another issue that Venus found, with Mario and Pit having switched spots, but relatively the same results IIRC. Chrom definitely wasn't first in either one.

D

Deleted member

Could it have been this?

Sakurai tweeted this Nintendo Dream character poll a while ago, presumably because Pit was first (and Kirby third), though Chrom, Ike, and Marth are all on it, in that order.

There was also another issue that Venus found, with Mario and Pit having switched spots, but relatively the same results IIRC. Chrom definitely wasn't first in either one.
No I don't think it was this one... Well, **** it, it's been so long and I'm seeing so many polls that I'm starting to forget what I even saw anymore, hahahahaha.

Ah well.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
[COLLAPSE="Image"]
[/COLLAPSE]

This one? Curiously I was able to find this pretty easily, while the one you posted was eluding me despite that one being far more talked about due to Sakurai tweeting it.

Interestingly, Ike is no.9 on both polls.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
^^Yes, that would be the other one, thanks for finding it. Doubt that's what he's talking about though, Chrom and Marth aren't even on it. Hmm, the results were a little more varied than I remember them being, interesting nonetheless though.

There was also a character poll done in Nintendo Dream for just Awakening characters (not DLC ones), with Chrom coming in first:

Interesting that both Masked Marth and Lucina are on it. Doubt this is what you're talking about as well though, no Ike or (real) Marth.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I dont see why the character having similar features like hair should make a difference. That's like saying Wario shouldn't have been in Brawl because there were already 2 overall wearing mustached men. it's really a poor argument that really has no floor to stand on.

not saying that i support Chrom but i just see him as very likely
Maybe that's why Sakurai had Wario wear his biker outfit from the WarioWare series instead of his traditional plumber overalls from the Wario Land series as his main costume... have you considered that?

D

Deleted member

Ah well, whatever, don't worry about it guys.

Anyway, is that Hatsune Miku at with 19pts in LukeForFabre's post?

How is she related to Nintendo?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Anyway, is that Hatsune Miku at with 19pts in LukeForFabre's post?

How is she related to Nintendo?
She's also on the other one, but she's had a couple DS and 3DS games, so I guess they counted her as a 3rd-party.

I remember the last time these pics were shown the level of Miku support went up...

:laugh:

Reyson

Smash Journeyman

Let me get this straight, you complain about Marth, Ike and Chrom looking to similar, yet advocate for Roy instead? He fits in the same list with the only difference being his haircolour. If you actually want a unique Fire Emblem character, why not advocate for someone like Micaiah? Even if her game wasn't that popular, atleast it was released globally.

I like the combination of having Marth, the young, quick, piercing duelist and Ike, the older, heavy hitting slasher. In addition to those I'd rather have a non-sword user or atleast someone who is very different(Lyn) than someone who's two strengths aparently are that he has a different haircolour and that his sword does fire damage.

JPW

Smash Ace
can you please hold off Fire Emblem Spoilers. Or at lease notify or put them in tags. Some people still want to play the new game.

It's actually what has made me very scared of coming here as of late.

peeup

Smash Lord
Frankly, I think it would be stupid to put in another FE character at all. Sakurai has said he only wants to put in like 5 additional characters, and he doesn't want any clones. I think he'll be putting in characters that have been weirdly absent so far (King K. Rool, Ridley (though I really don't think Ridley would feel right) and then 3 from new franchises, one of which being a namco 3rd party. So my assumption is we're going to see King K Rool, Ridley, Goku, Little Mac, and Isaac.

D

Deleted member

Where did he state he only wanted to add 5 characters and no additional clones?

And Goku is never getting in.

peeup

Smash Lord
Forget where I read it, but I've read it from a bunch of different sources. And Goku has a shot, all the DBZ games are Namco (at least a bunch of 'em) and I think he's more likely than say Pac-Man or any SC or Tekken rep because he'd do a lot more for fanservice than the latter two, and Pac-Man has basically 0 potential for a moveset.

And yeah no I meant KAMEHAMEHAAAA Goku. Which seems ludicrous I know, but I think it's pretty certain we'll see a Namco rep and I don't know who would do it better.

D

Deleted member

I think he means the Goku made by nintendo.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=328600
Sadly, he meant the DBZ characters.

Forget where I read it, but I've read it from a bunch of different sources. And Goku has a shot, all the DBZ games are Namco (at least a bunch of 'em) and I think he's more likely than say Pac-Man or any SC or Tekken rep because he'd do a lot more for fanservice than the latter two, and Pac-Man has basically 0 potential for a moveset.
Haven't you forgotten that Goku is an anime character, therefore, he's not getting in? Sakurai made an explicit rule forbidding any and all non-video game origin character from getting in.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

And yeah no I meant KAMEHAMEHAAAA Goku. Which seems ludicrous I know, but I think it's pretty certain we'll see a Namco rep and I don't know who would do it better.
Yeah then no. Goku is not getting in.

Also, Pac-Man already has moveset potential. I see your one of those people that never played Pac-Man World.

Also, Goku is shonen jump and not Namco.

EDIT: This is basically the same arguments for Mickey Mouse. It's never going to happen.

D

Deleted member

Which seems ludicrous I know, but I think it's pretty certain we'll see a Namco rep and I don't know who would do it better.
...people have got to stop treating a Namco rep as some sort of inevitability.

*inb4beingbombardedwith"butnamcoworksiwithsakurai"*

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Um...you do remember Sakurai saying that characters had to DEBUT in a video game, right? Which would automatically disqualify any characters from Movies/TV/Anime.

Also, Sakurai has never said we'd only get 5 new characters. The closest thing he's given to a final roster number is in this quote:

Sakurai said:
“It isn’t a matter of ‘if the next game has 50 characters, that’ll be enough.’ There is a certain charm to games that have huge casts of playable characters, but they tend to have issues with game balance and it becomes very difficult to fine-tune each character and have them all feel distinctive.

“In terms of quantity, we’ve probably already reached the limit of what’s feasible. I think a change of direction may be what’s needed.”
And even then, it's pretty vague what exactly he meant.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Frankly, I think it would be stupid to put in another FE character at all. Sakurai has said he only wants to put in like 5 additional characters, and he doesn't want any clones. I think he'll be putting in characters that have been weirdly absent so far (King K. Rool, Ridley (though I really don't think Ridley would feel right) and then 3 from new franchises, one of which being a namco 3rd party. So my assumption is we're going to see King K Rool, Ridley, Goku, Little Mac, and Isaac.
this statement is wrong on so many levels.

peeup

Smash Lord
Ah, forgot about that debut thing. Ok, scratch Goku. And I've played Pac-Man World (albeit a long, long time ago so I forget basically all of it) but my memories of it don't give enough material for a full moveset.

And with regards to that 50 character thing, I swear I've seen quotes where he says he only wants to add a very small number to the roster and instead focus on customization/other experiences, though maybe that was just for the 3DS version?

And I very much do believe that a Namco rep is a huge likelihood. Sakurai flexed his Sakurai muscles for brawl (adding 2 reps when probably only 1 was justified) just as I assume Namco would want to flex their Namco muscles for SSB4. Also, it just straight up makes sense... It would probably be a lot easier to organize the appearance of Namco stuff than other 3rd party stuff. And seeing as there were not one but two 3rd party reps in brawl, I think it's safe to assume it's a trend that Sakurai wants to continue the trend. And while Megaman has a very good shot as well IMO, it would just be easier to coordinate a Namco rep because Namco is already on board with production.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
all he's said in regards to more characters, other than the quoted 50 he wanted originally, is that he is going to make gameplay a higher priority this time around but that doesn't mean the number of new comers is going to be so small.

and no one disagrees that Namco-Bandai has the best shot at getting a character slot. that's a generally agreed upon theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom