• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You mean like how Olimar's Pikmin can latch on to people and deal small bits of damage over time?
I was thinking about that too. Especially for the Pokemon.
Ivysaur's B move should be Razor Leaf, and his Side B move should be replaced with Poison Sting (that can be angled 40 degrees up and down and fire off in small bursts). The poison sting can deal small poison damage over time.
Charzard's Flamethrower can also have the burn damage addition and it can temporarily weaken the opponents attacks like it does in the games.
I think he meant more like they can inflict curses that make it so they take more damage from attacks, deal less damage; **** with gravity so they fall faster and jump less high; they move slower; all while doing indirect damage from curses and poison abilitis and even turn them into toast. All while keeping away like Rachel from BB but on a broomstick.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think he meant more like they can inflict curses that make it so they take more damage from attacks, deal less damage; **** with gravity so they fall faster and jump less high; they move slower; all while doing indirect damage from curses and poison abilitis and even turn them into toast. All while keeping away like Rachel from BB in her broomstick.
I never even noticed Rachel having a broomstick. Huh. I sort of imagined an increased damage debuff, similar to what I think Azrael has in CP. I think that'd work well for Roy or another FE newcomer.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You mean like how Olimar's Pikmin can latch on to people and deal small bits of damage over time?
No, I said "lower speed or power by inflicting a curse/spell", not "sap the opponents health with a poison-esque gimmick".

For a character for the former, I could see some sort of mischievous character with access to evil/dark powers akin to something like King Boo or Zoroark doing it. For the latter, something along the lines of Lip or Medusa.

D

Deleted member

I never even noticed Rachel having a broomstick. Huh. I sort of imagined an increased damage debuff, similar to what I think Azrael has in CP. I think that'd work well for Roy or another FE newcomer.
Rachel doesn't have a broomstick, she controls the wind to keep away, though, she's more of a trap layer, Arakune is more like what I have in mind really.

Anyway, Ashley has a Broomstick, that's what I meant.

I really wish there was more support for this character, I don't get why people like Mona or Syrup...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think he meant more like they can inflict curses that make it so they take more damage from attacks, deal less damage; **** with gravity so they fall faster and jump less high; they move slower; all while doing indirect damage from curses and poison abilitis and even turn them into toast. All while keeping away like Rachel from BB but on a broomstick.
Oh okay, Ashley would seem like a good fit for casting hexes and indirect damages, Miciah (whatever the chicks name from Radiant Dawn) can possibly do some sort of magic affect too.

Or! The fabled Mewtwo can have a better move than Disable, possibly Confuse Ray? It could possibly reverse the controls and flip the A and B buttons functions.

Oh okay, Ashley would seem like a good fit for casting hexes and indirect damages, Miciah (whatever the chicks name from Radiant Dawn) can possibly do some sort of magic affect too.

Or even the fabled Mewtwo can have a better move than Disable, possibly Confuse Ray? It can reverse controls and reverse the A and B buttons functions.
Micaiah is her name

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'll list the sword users we've talked about.

Isaac, Matthew, Shulk, Isa, Lyn, Roy, Chrom, Takamaru, Ghirahim, Goroh, Robin, Saki, Lloyd
I think some people have mentioned Leif (or Leaf or whatever, I'm using the official translations now that they exist), Sigurd and Seliph (or Celice, if you prefer).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@Manly
There is an Ashley thread, on the 2nd page.... Made by me.

You can take a look at the moveset I made.

D

Deleted member

Because people hate lolis.
I'm not particularly fond of them either actually, but there are some that stand out, namely Rachel in BB, didn't really care much for her initially, but her sarcasitic demeanor got to me, then I gave her a run and found a new main. She's like Blazblue's Snake.

Maybe I should start garnering support for Ashley alongside Lyn, the Warioware discussions are less controversial, and she's not up against anyone particularly interesting or more deserving.

Then again, it's kinda late now... But there's always Smash 5.

Or! The fabled Mewtwo can have a better move than Disable, possibly Confuse Ray? It could possibly reverse the controls and flip the A and B buttons functions.
Michaiah can't use anything but a Shine Magic of differing strengths. Also, Light magic has never been associated with Hexes and Curses, that would be Dark magic.

Mewtwo COULD do that, but confuse ray would just invert the controls and be ONE move, he's better atributed to being a well-fleshed out psyonic character. I'd rather have a character FOCUSED on Hexes than one move that sorta does it.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
No, I said "lower speed or power by inflicting a curse/spell", not "sap the opponents health with a poison-esque gimmick".

For a character for the former, I could see some sort of mischievous character with access to evil/dark powers akin to something like King Boo or Zoroark doing it. For the latter, something along the lines of Lip or Medusa.
Well the Purple Pikmin can be changed so it doesn't do knock-back anymore but instead latches on as well (rock pikmin can take the place of dealing knock-back). The weight of the Purple can increase fall speeds and lower jumping peaks. The more attached the more potent the effect. and the flying Pikmin can be the very opposite making opponents more floaty.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
DragonSniper will go nuts for writing his waifu Micaiah's name wrong, Manly. But you got guts, so I'm not going to suggest you to hide in a bunker.

Nah, more like people don't care much. I prefer Lip anyway, so whatever.
I'm pretty sure people cared for a certain dragon-morphing character in that new Fire Emblem game, but I digress.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Michaiah can't use anything but a Shine Magic of differing strengths. Also, Light magic has never been associated with Hexes and Curses, that would be Dark magic.

Mewtwo COULD do that, but confuse ray would just invert the controls and be ONE move, he's better atributed to being a well-fleshed out psyonic character. I'd rather have a character FOCUSED on Hexes than one move that sorta does it.
Oh, So you mean characters whose game is all about doing indirect damage and running away?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm pretty sure people cared for a certain dragon-morphing character in that new Fire Emblem game, but I digress.
Ignorant me is ignorant.

Who are you talking about?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
DragonSniper will go nuts for writing his waifu Micaiah's name wrong, Manly. But you got guts, so I'm not going to suggest you to hide in a bunker.

Nowi wins!

No, not really, I would do that for any character that I see has their name spelled wrong. I have done it for other characters before, one of which I believe was Ghirahim.

You, for example. :troll:

Also, Pit (or Pitty Pat, if you're Hades) also uses blades and Magnus's sword (classified as a club, but still) in Uprising. Does that count?
Well me, and others who have made rosters or talked about Smash Bros newcomers throughout the Internet.

So don't say it is only me.

And yes, those do count.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ignorant me is ignorant.

Her:

I've seen far more people enraged about that character than praising her.
Still cared for her existence. I never said that caring about someone means praising that someone, did I?

Well me, and others who have made rosters or talked about Smash Bros newcomers throughout the Internet.

So don't say it is only me.
I said "for example" with a troll face in it. So... why so serious?

Well technically Pit uses a bow.
Someone give this guy a medal for stating something no one else noticed till today.

D

Deleted member

Oh, So you mean characters whose game is all about doing indirect damage and running away?
Yep, a true Turtle character. Ver few fighters have them and Smash is perfect for one like that. Would they be annoying to fight againts? Hell yes! But that shouldn't discredit their originality.

Ignorant me is ignorant.

Tiki. I think.

Micaiah for waifu and Ghirahim for husbando.... :troll:
You think you are really funny don't you?

And no to either of those, just some of my favorite characters (and I have done it for more than just those, reason why people should know how to spell the persons' name :))
I said "for example" with a troll face in it. So... why so serious?
Not so serious, but stating my thoughts to a response :awesome:

Why aren't they burning her at the stake? Or drowning her or something.

She's some type of pagan witch!
Alongside the likes of Sothe and Robin as well?

I will get the pitchforks :awesome:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yep, a true Turtle character. Ver few fighters have them and Smash is perfect for one like that. Would they be annoying to fight againts? Hell yes! But that shouldn't discredit their originality.
I love variety, so i'm all for it. If said character were to be implemented they would be a nasty team partner in 2v2s

D

Deleted member

Why aren't they burning her at the stake? Or drowning her or something.

She's some type of pagan witch!
You expect people to be competent at anything??

Micaiah knows light magic, dark magic, and anima magic.
That's right, when you promote her she becomes more diverse, still sucky, but more diverse.

Ashley is still better though. Micaiah can't turn people into toast.

That's Majin Buu tier, and Buu's a goddamn Galaxy Buster.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait. Are we seriously killing Michiah? *grabs pitch fork* Let's end this once and for all!!!!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That's right, when you promote her she becomes more diverse, still sucky, but more diverse.

Ashley is still better though. Micaiah can't turn people into toast.
You're a very brave man! Talking down a dude's waifu like that! :troll:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You think you are really funny don't you?

And no to either of those, just some of my favorite characters (and I have done it for more than just those, reason why people should know how to spell the persons' name :))
Of course it was meant to be funny.

So, BTW who is your most wanted newcomer if its not Micaiah or Ghirahim?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... killing Micaiah? For being a pagan witch? You know who's coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom