• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina & Luma Infinite has been found!

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Best part is that it potentially works off of whenever just luma lands a jab hit lol

Edit: Im going to test If I can link the boost dash grab on grounded opponents to this.

Best part is that it potentially works off of whenever just luma lands a jab hit lol

Edit: Im going to test If I can link the boost dash grab on grounded opponents to this.
Ok, so the setup only works when desynced....so no from boost dash grabbing.

I did find though, that the setup works if you catch Sheik from any desynced Luma hit...Dtilt/Dsmash/Fsmash works well

You also have to be facing the same direction that luma is facing, so pivot grabs are somewhat required.

Feels good man

Last edited by a moderator:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Does anyone know if this is a true infinite if done up against a wall, or is Luma subject to the same pushback as everyone else to prevent such things?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm a little sad that people have more reason they come up with to insult for maining a "broken character." Oh well.

It is interesting though. And I have an option against Sheik now...albeit a jerkish one.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
It occurs to me that if one were to try this online, the anti-idling mechanism may kick in. I've heard reports of it booting people for holding a charge or other moves that keep you stationary but still require a button input.

Which would be completely hilarious if so.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
This definitely seems like something you can DI out of. It's a really fun looking trick though.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
has anyone else been able to replicate this in an actual match? i'm having a hard time doing it. i notice in the video it appears he's crouch canceling the jab attack, what's the purpose of that? just a visual cue?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
OP is wrong, this works on at least R.O.B, Meta Knight, and Bowser too, to at least pile on 30% (and have them waiting off stage for you to follow up) too. I tested it last night against Level 9 CPUs (who constantly vector and attempt to air dodge while caught in combos).

It could possibly KO them but I was too tired while doing this so couldn't keep up the timing.

With Bowser, you have to make sure he has a bit of damage first though, otherwise, he'll ignore it while on the ground becaouse of his super armour, or he will drop too quickly in the air because he is heavy.

I am almost positive it does not work on Greninja, though.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Could anyone possibly sum up how this tech is performed? If it's simple enough that might make a lot of match-ups against my two worst foes more manageable.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Wow. Could anyone possibly sum up how this tech is performed? If it's simple enough that might make a lot of match-ups against my two worst foes more manageable.
As far as I can tell, you just need to catch someone airborne yet close to the ground with Luma's jab while it's separated from Rosalina. Jab twice, pause slightly, then repeat. The pause is so you don't go into the jab finisher, but you can't wait too long or else they'll fall out of it. Luma moves forward slightly with each jab, so you can literally carry them off the screen, or if he's moving towards Rosalina she'll act as something of a wall and let you theoretically keep it going forever. I think.

It seems to be character dependent to some degree, although I don't know many details on that.

andimidna

Smash Master
This works on Ganondorf too
Unless I made a mistake
I'm pretty sure I got this-
The stun after a grab release can be exploited by this follow up jab with luma
1. Space Luma out the distance you see in the video (this is the hardest part)
2. Grab
3. Don't pummel or throw
4. After the character gets automatically sent forward in front of luma immediately go from her a to aa jab with no finisher. This is the second hardest part. You have to hit fast enough to keep them in stun, but if you hit too fast you might do her aaa finisher or her jab combo where she twirls in place

I wish I could explain why this is also character specific but I honestly have no clue

Disclaimer: could be wrong
Edit::4greninja:'d

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Another note - the grab release set up is not a mandatory part of the infinite. You can start it from a simple pot shot. However, the grab release is indeed one of the best ways to set up the move.

I didn't actually do the grab release in my testing, I just stalled until the CPU got into a position near Luma.

Prawn

Smash Master
Let me be the first of the brawl Ice Climber mains to say, hello there rosalina players, let's learn some infinites

Last edited:

Ok, so the setup only works when desynced....so no from boost dash grabbing.

I did find though, that the setup works if you catch Sheik from any desynced Luma hit...Dtilt/Dsmash/Fsmash works well

You also have to be facing the same direction that luma is facing, so pivot grabs are somewhat required.

Feels good man
You can't desync Rosalina and Luma in the IC sense of the term

...can you?

Oh man awesome

Can I get a link to like a video or thread or something because I can't find a thread on here atm

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Oh man awesome

Can I get a link to like a video or thread or something because I can't find a thread on here atm
It's from a while ago so I'm not sure where the video is, but the gist of it is that you input an aerial just before you land, so Rosalina autocancels but Luma still does its thing. You can also jump and use Star Bits at the same time, which will freeze Luma in place as it shoots them out while Rosalina is jumping away.

LEGOF

Smash Rookie
NNID
keimakona
3DS FC
2036-6575-6309
Hooray! I wonder if this will cause enough uproar for a patch. Until then, this is going to be fun.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yes you can, people discovered it a while ago.
They will desync every time Rosalina heals herself. I've noticed it when I equipped Rosalina with auto-healing equipment, and that sometimes caused the Luma to commit suicide without any warning in Smash Run; it stops and goes too far off-screen.

R0Y

Smash Master
They will desync every time Rosalina heals herself. I've noticed it when I equipped Rosalina with auto-healing equipment, and that sometimes caused the Luma to commit suicide without any warning in Smash Run; it stops and goes too far off-screen.
Perfect or not, I hope this is patched before the Wii U version comes out, otherwise I'm going to be doing some Smash 3DS practise to try this online. Way too easy to abuse this combo on C. Falcon and Sheik, both starters.

Bose

Den lengste kølla
3DS FC
5086-2001-6359
I'm having trouble executing this. To start, my grab release wont make Sheik jump like in the video, she will just lunge a little bit forward, not far enough to get past Luma. Second, it seems like Luma will drift past Sheik after a while. Anybody else got issues?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think to make them jump after the grab release, you have to grab them from the air.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Me and Ampharos tested this, and I could SDI inward to escape consistently. Holding down also seemed to work as Sheik.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Me and Ampharos tested this, and I could SDI inward to escape consistently. Holding down also seemed to work as Sheik.
Awesome, thanks for doing that, I've been waiting for someone to experiment with it. Anyone else able to confirm it's possible to escape?

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Am I the only person who has never thought: "boy, wouldn't it be great if I had a way to win without actually fighting?"

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Am I the only person who has never thought: "boy, wouldn't it be great if I had a way to win without actually fighting?"
Probably. As humans, I believe we try and find the easiest (i.e. laziest) way of accomplishing a certain task. In this case, it would be the easiest way to win. Now that does not necessitate that we will always use it, but it is probable to say that we have had that thought.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Probably. As humans, I believe we try and find the easiest (i.e. laziest) way of accomplishing a certain task. In this case, it would be the easiest way to win. Now that does not necessitate that we will always use it, but it is probable to say that we have had that thought.
Look, you can ask around - I'm not exactly Mr Elite, but that is the kind of thinking which occurs only to people who lack real strength, and lazily seek an easier alternative to developing it.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Look, you can ask around - I'm not exactly Mr Elite, but that is the kind of thinking which occurs only to people who lack real strength, and lazily seek an easier alternative to developing it.
Define real strength. I highly doubt that your definition will be consistent with other people's definition. We are where we are in the world because of people wanting to make things easier. For example, I am posting this from my smartphone while taking a dump on a toilet. Choosing the laziest or easiest way of doing things doesn't mean someone lacks "real strength"....whatever you meant by that.

Last edited:

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Define real strength. I highly doubt that your definition will be consistent with other people's definition. We are where we are in the world because of people wanting to make things easier. For example, I am posting this from my smartphone while taking a dump on a toilet. Choosing the laziest or easiest way of doing things doesn't mean someone lacks "real strength"....whatever you meant by that.
I'm disappointed that someone even older than me does not understand what strength is, much less writes such immature things.

I will correct your misconception about the state of the world. We are not where we are today because people desired an "easy" lifestyle. We came to this place because people sought Liberty in order to facilitate self development. The technology that you take for granted was invented through the creativity that such liberty enabled, and the motivation of great men to bring make real their visions. The geniuses of past generations did what they did not to have a lazy sunday with a video game in their pocket, but to advance humanity by achieving a higher level of social, mental, and spiritual development, and passing it on to the next generation so that they may advance even further. This is the natural inclination of humanity.

Once you realize that self-development is a natural desire, you will also realize that anything which ******* that development is unnatural and undesirable if not outright disgusting. In this case, you want to be good at Smash Bros. As petty as it is, it's a kind of self development to play the game, learn the tricks, become more coordinated, etc. You're gaining a kind of skill. Look for or accepting some kind of "instant win" which circumvents the development of that skill is unnatural. It demonstrates a weak will, a lack of confidence, and a lazy mind. Strength comes from facing challenges and improving yourself. Do you really not know this?

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
instead of arguing about semantics i think this discussion could be better served determining if this is truly an applicable strategy against human opponents. im not in a position to test it further but if anyone was willing to science it up w/ me id be willing

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
I'm disappointed that someone even older than me does not understand what strength is, much less writes such immature things.

I will correct your misconception about the state of the world. We are not where we are today because people desired an "easy" lifestyle. We came to this place because people sought Liberty in order to facilitate self development. The technology that you take for granted was invented through the creativity that such liberty enabled, and the motivation of great men to bring make real their visions. The geniuses of past generations did what they did not to have a lazy sunday with a video game in their pocket, but to advance humanity by achieving a higher level of social, mental, and spiritual development, and passing it on to the next generation so that they may advance even further. This is the natural inclination of humanity.

Once you realize that self-development is a natural desire, you will also realize that anything which ******* that development is unnatural and undesirable if not outright disgusting. In this case, you want to be good at Smash Bros. As petty as it is, it's a kind of self development to play the game, learn the tricks, become more coordinated, etc. You're gaining a kind of skill. Look for or accepting some kind of "instant win" which circumvents the development of that skill is unnatural. It demonstrates a weak will, a lack of confidence, and a lazy mind. Strength comes from facing challenges and improving yourself. Do you really not know this?

Lol @ your high horse. If you would like to continue this talk, PM me. Otherwise, @ icraq icraq is right, keep it on topic please.

To bring it back around, if you SDI inwards, can Rosalina turn Luma around and continue back the other direction?

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Lol @ your high horse. If you would like to continue this talk, PM me. Otherwise, @ icraq icraq is right, keep it on topic please.

To bring it back around, if you SDI inwards, can Rosalina turn Luma around and continue back the other direction?
Like I said, disappointing. You can't even figure out if this infinite works. Too bad.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Literally what happened in this thread?

Like I'm legitimately baffled. What does pseudo-philosophical drivel have to do with Rosalina & Luma having an infinite in Smash Bros?

Last edited:

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
I have mixed feelings of this infinite, definitely will have to test it out and use only when i need too :chuckle:

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Like I said, disappointing. You can't even figure out if this infinite works. Too bad.
Considering I don't have a 3DS to test it on, you are correct, I can't figure out if this infinite works.

I have mixed feelings of this infinite, definitely will have to test it out and use only when i need too :chuckle:
Same here. I never approved of the use of the IC's CG in Brawl, so I doubt I would approve of this. However, that doesn't mean that I wouldn't be tempted to use it if it were legal and a tournament was on the line...

Literally what happened in this thread?

Like I'm legitimately baffled. What does pseudo-philosophical drivel have to do with Rosalina & Luma having an infinite in Smash Bros?
It doesn't. He asked a question, I proposed an answer and I can only guess he didn't like it my response and went off on a tangent.

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
So this isn't a true infinite then, kind of like Fox's double-jab cancels? The opponent can still just jab, VI towards, etc. Right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom