• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rosalina Hitbox Visualization

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Smash 4 hitboxes are interpolated, so imagine a line between a hitbox's current position and it's last. It hits that area too.
Example: http://i.imgur.com/wEBKNpI.gif

There are potentially bugs in any of these, so let me know if you notice anything particuarly off and I'll check. There have been instances of weird hitboxes that ended up being a bug.

KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer
Rosalina's Rapid Jab
Code:
Damage=2.0, Angle=74, KBG=100, FKB=20, BKB=0
Hits on 3-4, 7-8, 11-12, 15-16, 19,20

No Luma for now...

(Multijab doesn't render all the way for some reason, but you get the idea)

(Okay, so I don't know if pivot grab is accurate... but here it is anyway...)

What is this? It's called "AttackLw42" in the animations.

Mini-FAQ:
Q: How did you make these?
A: I made a parser for animcmd commands and applied it to the model and animation from the 3DS version of the game.

Q: Can you do hurtboxes?
A: Not yet

Q: These don't look like the quality of the Wii U models, why?
A: These are 3DS models (and data). There isn't a difference in frame data between Wii U and 3DS.

Q: This attack looks wrong, is this actually correct?
A: Let me know which one and I'll check. It's possible for a bug or two to mess up stuff.

Q: The image isn't playing.
A: There are play, reverse, and frame advance buttons under the images. They may be hard to see.

Q: Can I use these for my guide?
A: Yes.

Thank you

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Thanks, also AttackLw42 looks like the charge for dsmash. It's probably an unused animation for a second dsmash.

Lavani Lavani thoughts?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Echoing the unused dsmash sentiments. Never seen an AttackLw42 in animcmd scripts but the name sounds like a second dsmash, and it's definitely not a currently-used animation.
it actually looks pretty similar to a rough version of Zelda's dsmash

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Oh my goodness thank you so much for these. I'm super excited to see what her hitboxes are like.

*10 minutes later*

Okay, so this basically confirms what I've thought for a while in that her ftilt and dtilt are only long range because Rosalina sticks her legs out so far. They have basically zero disjoint. Utilt, on the other hand, is hilariously disjointed as it lingers. It also has more horizontal range than I thought, but I guess since Rosalina's so tall it'll basically never hit a standing target and that was what I based my initial thoughts on.

Dash attack has a huge disjoint on the second hit, I mean wow. The first hit is purely for scoops, from the look of it. No vertical range to speak of. Dsmash similarly has surprisingly short hitboxes. Fsmash is nice and big, like it looks. Usmash covers more or less a full 180 arc above her, which surprised me. She does leap up a bit as she does it though, so the back hit probably won't hit anyone on the ground except like Bowser or something lol.

Aerials are more or less as expected, but I'm a bit surprised that uair and dair shrink as they linger. Didn't know that. The meteor hitbox on dair covers more vertical space than I thought; I'll have to practice landing it more. Nair, fair, and bair have respectable disjoints, but most of the range still seems to come from dem legs. (Seriously how tall is Rosalina, it's insane.)

Regarding our mystery animation, I'm going to break the mold and suggest that the unknown AttackLW42 looks a lot like her backwards roll. She's invisible during her rolls, of course, but it's almost a perfect match during the visible frames before and after. (And at 1/4x speed it looks like the animation freezes for a bit before she vanishes, so I think every frame is still accounted for.) I only saw three differences: Her dress swooshes differently at the start, her arms are crossed over each other in the opposite order, and her wand is at a different angle. The dress and wand can possibly be explained away as animation flourishes that the viewer doesn't capture, but I got nothing on the arms. (Comparisons made against the 3DS version.)

Excellent work Furil Furil , and thank you. Do you have anything on her grabs? I've noticed some characters seem harder than others to get grab data for.

EDIT: @Mario & Sonic Guy can we get a sticky on this? I think it's definitely worth it.

Last edited:

Furil

Smash Apprentice
I added the grabs. The problem with grabs seem to all be with pivot grabs' range, but I added it here anyway.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It should be a second dsmash, there's a reason Link's fsmash 2 is called AttackS4S2 after all.

Royug

Smash Cadet
Huge thank you for the work, I was waiting for this ! I hope you'll also be able to make those for Luma one day. :)

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Thanks for these!

As a Rosalina main, it's nice to have these. These hitboxes though are pretty much what I thought they would be. People can say what they like about Rosalina, but at least she has rather honest hitboxes. The only relatively iffy one is Dash Attack's 2nd hit, but let's be real; if it wasn't like that, the first hit would knock opponents out of range of being hit.

If I'm totally honest, I thought Ftilt might have been a bit bigger, but it is at least covering Rosalina's legs, so I can't complain.

Top Bottom