• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolling around at the speed of sound

Browny

Smash Hater
I think this one is pretty hard...

dash -> SH uair -> fast fall -> auto cancel into a dash attack

basically, control stick left/right -> Jump -> cstick up -> control stick down -> control stick left/right -> cstick down

It looks awesome when you do it lol but very hard to commit the movements to muscle memory :)

Its also possible to enter a slow-run immediately out of the AC uair. i dont know how the hell i did it though lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Haunter burgers are like steak burger, but oar steak than steak.

Haunter = Steak.

Cow = Steak.

Miltank = gay.

Steak > Steak.

Discuss.

:093:
I will ****ing KILL YOU.

First the three generations after Kanto, and now MILTANK?
I'll ****ing gouge out your god **** eyeballs out with a moldy burnt piece of fake steak, then proceed to violently ram the living **** out of the remnants of the fake steak into your mother-****ing throat.

infomon

Smash Scientist
SM5: don't bother, it's so totally useless :laugh:
but fun

djbrowny: that actually sounds really cool, I'll have to practice it for sure.

infomon

Smash Scientist
hrrrmm.. like, the SDAP should be immediately after you've bounced on the spring... and the Dair should be immediately after it so that it lands on the spring and not beside the spring lol. I dunno how the Dair could be too soon.

infomon

Smash Scientist
[SDAP video]

It's not something I invented, I mean other ppl have been doing it for a long time apparently. But I think it's cool and underused. The point is to side-B backwards, then immediately jump-cancel it, and there you go an air pivot... what's neat is that doing a SDAP Fair comes out behind you faster than a Bair can! This has made a minor, but noticeable, improvement to my ability to fight in the air.

But the pivot can be used for other stuff, like giving another "zone" to our Dair, when above a recovering opponent. Say.

SDAP'ing Dairs onto a grounded spring is very hard and very useless and very fun. :)

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Sonic Loop Of Win (Slow) might be hard for some people, especially if you're trying to hit them over and over and you're not off in the distance just looking flashy.

I dont do it in real matches yet, but I practice doing it from one side of FD to the other all the time. 0-88 or as far as I can, then try to finish them/hit them off the edge. love the Acronym, Boxhead.

S4k3

Smash Rookie
I have a hell of a time with Spinshot, I can only do it in the air using up on the C-Stick. lame sauce. I was never very good at Melee. I discovered that my favorite character Mewtwo was 2nd to bottom only just in '07, then I found out about wave dashing, tried it out, decided it took too much effort and gave up on it.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
On the ground, push the C-stick in the direction that you are facing while charging your down B.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
your name would be epic.

if only it had "t" as the second letter.

wavedashing is easy enough once your used to it.

practice, and becomes 2nd nature.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I agree with Cat, but this is the Sonic boards so let's keep the Melee discussion on the DL.

Welcome to the boards S4K, make sure to read all the stickies and ask any questions you need answered in the rFAQ page.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Erm, he/she has been registered since early 2007...
Well one only knows how long he's/she's actually lurked this site. He/She could've made an account a long time ago and never come back. It's not uncommon. Judging by his/her post count, that's very possible.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol sake.

i could go for some right now...
havent had any in a minute.

and i thought they were being welcomed to the sonic boards, as opposed to SWF in general.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Haven't had sake since last year, wow.

I'll change that soon though.

It'd be really epic if a bunch of sonic mains got really ****ed up and ran around the streets, screaming "You're Too slow!"

I just did every Sonic tech, including that ridiculous walljump battlefields crystal ****, on 1.5 speed.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Well one only knows how long he's/she's actually lurked this site. He/She could've made an account a long time ago and never come back. It's not uncommon. Judging by his/her post count, that's very possible.

exactly. Look at me!! AND I turned out alright.... RIGHT?!:mad:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Of COURSE JayBee!

>_> yeaaah... <_<