• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocket Slime for Brawl. Accept no substitutes.

The Slime is the mascot of the DQ series, which is actually bigger in Japan than FF ever has been. Not only that, but he is one of the few mascot characters of SE's that has his own game, and only he and Chocobo could fit in.

And he is not a background character or generic enemy. There are several unique Slime characters.

Size: *
Weight: **
Speed: ***
Power: **
Range: ***
Fall Speed: **

A Combo: Slime Knight (Slime Knight pops out and slashes.)
Forward Tilt: Head-bang (stretches head out and hits anyone in the way.)
Up Tilt: Stretch (stretches head up and hits anyone in the way.)
Down Tilt: Bubble Slime (flattens and turns into a Bubble Slime, damaging anyone who touches him.)
Dash Attack: Metal Slime (turns into metal and throws self forward.)

Up Air: Dracky Slime (turns into a Dracky Slime and bites upward.)
Forward Air: Dragon Slime (turns into a Dracky Slime and lunges forward, making a chomp.)
Down Air: Slime Bomb (drops down, and anyone in the way gets damaged.)
Neutral Air: Slime Spin (does a simple spin.)

Forward Smash: Elasto-Blast (stretches out and is launched forward.)
Up Smash: Head Smash (uses head to hit upward.)
Down Smash: Pop-up (flattens, and then pops up.)

B: Slime Borg (Puts on robotic HMD, which shoots out a laser.)
Smash B: Blaze (shoots fire from his mouth.)
Up B: Angel Slime (turns into an Angel Slime and flies up.)
Down B: Burrow (burrows into the ground, and is free to move around. Either pops up by pushing B or by automatically popping up. Can be damaged by any attack that hits the part of the ground he's under.)
Final Smash: King Slime (summons six other Slimes that fuse with Slime, and turns into King Slime. Stronger, heavier, and slower.)

Costumes:

Dark Slime
Slival
Spot Slime
Red Slime
Green Slime
Different-shade-of-blue Slime

Taunt 1: Salute animation.
Taunt 2: Does a flip.
Taunt 3: Gets trapped in a chest, struggles, and escapes.

Sorry about some of the uninspired names, there aren't many variations for some of the moves.

Um, the fact that my post was my opinion and had nothing to do with trolling hurts your attempt at superiority. Your moveset consisted of spear moves for most of it, and I actually had something a bit harder to work with - a character without hands or fists, and whose only thing that could be called a weapon is the Slime Knight.

You, however, are being spiteful that your thread not involve opinions that aren't "OMFG YES MOG FOR BRAWL OMG", and decided to make a post that takes up more bandwidth than it should, when it probably should not use up any at all.

But alas, the real question is how many people can make an acceptable moveset for Slime (that is, one more "acceptable" than mine).

Dragon Quest VIII sold 3.5 million copies.

Guess how many FF games have sold that many copies?

None.

The best-selling FF game is FFVIII in Japan, at 3 million.

And the best-selling DQ? DQVII at 4.1 million.

And...

"Square Enix held a press conference in Tokyo today to announce the next entry in the main Dragon Quest series. In a surprise move, Japan's most popular series will continue not on the PS3 or the Wii, as many had expected. Instead, Square Enix will be bringing the game to the DS."

http://ds.ign.com/articles/750/750590p1.html

You're welcome.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Woldwide it still doesn't top any of the Final Fantasy titles as it is stated, the series is not popular outside of Japan, neither does it weigh more than Final Fantasy in terms of relationship with the company, the first Final Fantasy title saved Square from bankruptcy, not to mention that Final Fantasy VII is considered the best game that Squaresoft ever did.

And tell me you didn't post a picture of Rocket Slime because you were afraid of getting flamed? Well here it is:

That thing is never gonna be in Brawl.

Wow, what causes you to blurt out such inanity?

1. You said it's not bigger in Japan. My whole post was made to prove you wrong. The whole being the biggest third party series ever in Japan is definitely a factor, and Sakurai wouldn't overlook that.

2. Dragon Quest predates Final Fantasy, making it more noteworthy of the "earliest console RPG" title.

3. Dragon Quest VIII, the first DQ game in Europe, sold more than 700,000 copies. It's basically a brand new franchise, and it did amazingly, especially in France.

4. Dragon Quest VIII sold >600,000 in the United States, and >100,000 in Canada. Final Fantasy XII did less than 1 million in Europe, and slightly more than 2 million in North America. That means that it sold less than 5 million, and Dragon Quest VIII sold less than 5 million. Dragon Quest is definitely not "unknown" outside of Japan, and it is simply way, way, way more popular in Japan.

5. Dragon Quest Monsters Joker? 1.5 million in Japan alone. Not one handheld FF can claim to have sold that much there, basically saying that a spin-off is bigger than FF anything on handhelds in Japan.

6. Dragon Quest was successful at all points in its life for Enix, so FF saving them from bankruptcy just says "Square Soft didn't sell many games before FF".

EDIT:

Looks exactly like a regular Slime, yes, but there is a unique slime called Rocket in two games called "Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest: Shougeki no Shippou Dan" for the Game Boy Advance and "Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime" for the Nintendo DS.

Moogles are not staples of FF, for the simple reason that not all FF games feature them.

Slime, however, is in every single Dragon Quest game in the history of ever.

Slime is in the biggest third party franchise ever made, and is extremely recognizable because of his simple appearance. I'd dare say any serious gamer can easily recognize Slime - a character so unbelievably simple that can easily stand out.

Moogles are rarely seen in FF, only when they're involved in the plot (ie, FFVI, IX).

Slime is a character that does not feel like he's made for kids, but that he's just a more cartoony character in the cartoony-yet-deep DQ series. However, he clearly appeals to kids.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
If he would have said Dewy from Dewy's adventure that would make more sense, but come on people.
Can you honestly see a limb-less, blob getting in brawl, especially since its third party.

Im not trolling just stating my opinion, and my opinion is this thread Fails, epically.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Moogles are not staples of FF, for the simple reason that not all FF games feature them.

Slime, however, is in every single Dragon Quest game in the history of ever.

Slime is in the biggest third party franchise ever made, and is extremely recognizable because of his simple appearance. I'd dare say any serious gamer can easily recognize Slime - a character so unbelievably simple that can easily stand out.

Moogles are rarely seen in FF, only when they're involved in the plot (ie, FFVI, IX).

Slime is a character that does not feel like he's made for kids, but that he's just a more cartoony character in the cartoony-yet-deep DQ series. However, he clearly appeals to kids.
A blob has nothing on a Chocobo or a Moogle, even if they haven't been on all games, more people know FF than DQ, please.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
A blob has nothing on a Chocobo or a Moogle, even if they haven't been on all games, more people know FF than DQ, please.
Vesper, me and you don't always see eye to eye with things, but I don't see the point in even debating in this thread.

Evidence proves your facts correct regardless, although Dragon Quest is the number 1 series in japan.

1. The majority of mankind has so far failed to give good reasoning why no arms and no legs prevents the character from fighting. His own two games have shown that he has the ability to pick up both objects and people. The fact that you think that the species is unable to do things like that shows how much your opinion matters in this thread.

And I won't even bother with the "blob" generalization.

2. If your only good way to argue against fact and reality is to simplify his description, then I say that your bucket of KFC and little hairball are pretty worthless.

Facts?

What facts?

I've proven that DQ has worldwide notability.

It sold well and scored well in all regions.

The only facts that you've provided are "OMG HE HAS NO ARMS AND HE IS A BLOB OMG"

Which are not actually facts. Read your dictionary, please.

And that is why?

Kirby has no fingers, so logically, he cannot hold onto things.

Why can Kirby hold things like he does in his games, but Slime cannot, even though his game has him holding, carrying, throwing things all the time?

platnum

Smash Lord
>:(
how dare you call mog a worthless fur ball.

you are obviously in denial that mog would pwn your wad of slime.

Try holding onto a cylinder without grasping it.

It doesn't work.

How does Kirby hold it?

It is literally impossible for anyone to hold onto something like that without grasping it.

But Kirby can.

So why can Slime not pick up items?

And just for giggles, why don't you also give any evidence to suggest that a limbless character cannot be playable in Brawl?

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
1. The majority of mankind has so far failed to give good reasoning why no arms and no legs prevents the character from fighting. His own two games have shown that he has the ability to pick up both objects and people. The fact that you think that the species is unable to do things like that shows how much your opinion matters in this thread.

And I won't even bother with the "blob" generalization.

2. If your only good way to argue against fact and reality is to simplify his description, then I say that your bucket of KFC and little hairball are pretty worthless.
When you made this thread, did you actually think you would not be flamed?

The following have 100x higher chance than your blob:
Waluigi, Daisy, Toad, and Vivian(LOLLL)

I don't usually flame people but, after the Blooper, prince of persia, and naruto threads... I can't help it.

You know, just making inane statements does not "win" you the argument.

Waluigi and Daisy have no movepool to take moves from.

Toad is Peach's move.

Vivian is a supporting character in one game.

The Slime is older than anything in FF, and has had dozen upon dozens of variations. It's the most common ANYTHING in the DQ series, and is the official mascot of the series. Your "examples" are minor supporting characters in a handful of games, with the exception of Toad, who's a minor supporting character in many games.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Kirby's power is to absorb, and transform into a power. So technically he doesn't need anything except a mouth to use his powers. Either way, he has arms, legs.. etc.

You know, just making inane statements does not "win" you the argument.

Waluigi and Daisy have no movepool to take moves from.

Toad is Peach's move.

Vivian is a supporting character in one game.

The Slime is older than anything in FF, and has had dozen upon dozens of variations. It's the most common ANYTHING in the DQ series, and is the official mascot of the series. Your "examples" are minor supporting characters in a handful of games, with the exception of Toad, who's a minor supporting character in many games.
Actually if you noticed, I used only first parties, who clearly out prioritize your blob. ALSO, just like Captain Falcon, and Fox.. a moveset for daisy and Waluigi could be created.

Because he's a giant floating head that only has the ability to spit out blocks?

Why aren't you providing evidence eliminating limbless characters?

The only thing I've seen in the way of that is that because Andross is not playable, it is because he is limbless.

And maybe also because he's a giant floating head?

Slime is not a giant floating head, he is a small head-as-body with the ability to utilize any tool that he wishes and use most magic from the early DQ games.

So, why can't a limbless character be in?

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Woldwide it still doesn't top any of the Final Fantasy titles as it is stated, the series is not popular outside of Japan, neither does it weigh more than Final Fantasy in terms of relationship with the company, the first Final Fantasy title saved Square from bankruptcy, not to mention that Final Fantasy VII is considered the best game that Squaresoft ever did.

And tell me you didn't post a picture of Rocket Slime because you were afraid of getting flamed? Well here it is:

That thing is never gonna be in Brawl.
It's the Dr. Kawasaki case, but this guy hasn't even been on the poll. Hell, this guy's actually in a much worse situation.

Yes, you can lazily just give her moves that make reference to nothing.

Slime's hard to make a moveset for, but at least he has plenty of moves to pick from, thanks to the variety of forms.

And under your logic, Mega Man cannot get in because Boomerang Brother takes priority by being a first party character.

So, I ask again, what problems would exist with a limbless character?

Uh, not really. Like I said, floating head. Kawashima can't pick things up with his head, Slime can. Slime can do the following:

Attack
Shield
Jump
Duck
Dodge
Taunt
Grab
Throw

Is there anything that I missed?

Would have been funnier if Slime had the ability to stick. Or explode.

So, are you trying your hardest to find any single reason why Slime couldn't possibly work, or did you give up a losing fight and decided to resume blatant trolling?

He's a giant floating head. Does Andross have the ability to grab things with his head? Or throw things? Nope.

You have again failed to give any reason whatsoever why limbless characters can't get in.

Sakurai doesn't use "no limbs" as a criteria for anything, so Andross not being playable means nothing whatsoever.

So I can just assume that you do not actually have an argument and are trolling.

And probably cannot make a moveset for any character as complicated to make a moveset for as Slime.

So, would I be doing a favor to insist that you stop embarrassing yourself?

Top Bottom