• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock'em Sock'em - March 2013 - Pot Bonus!? PRE-REG NOW! - March 16th, 2013 - Charlotte, NC

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Is anyone available to house me and one or two more people the night before or after this tourney? My ride situation is kind of strange. It would be really helpful if we had somewhere to stay overnight so if anyone is able to help us just hit me up and I'll explain. If not, I'll still find a way to come to this. Need Peepee to teach me Falco.

-Edit-
After scrolling through this thread I'm not sure if Black Mantis is actually a total ****** or if this is just some kind of trolling. Either way, I'll see you at this **** Moophobia. Yeee.

archer.

Smash Lord
I can house you unless you'd rather find a Melee player to stay with.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
lmao Cyrain the issue is between him and m2k. Never said anything bad about him he just don't like me and takes any and every opportunity to down me. Lol I actually said good luck too. I don't play (or care) for Melee anyway.

But I guess if you have haters you must be doing something right.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Oh word Archer if you're able to house us then that'd be amazing. I still have to work out details about the trip and I'll get back to you. ^_^

And damn <3 Dark Hart

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hm..I'm interested in this tourney...and if I go, three of my friends would be coming with me. It'll be our first tournament, but the experience is what I'm really after :cool:

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
First tourney can really be something...
If I go(probably not), I'll need a doubles partner.I'm SORTA decent in doubles,and main Ness/Fox and have MK as a secondary.
If someone's interested, let me know.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'm just not sure if I should start out attending a tourney that's out of state..then again, I rarely see any tourneys around here that's hosted in Georgia where I stay :/

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Actually , my first tourney was in GA(mainly because SC has no competitive scene and like 10 competitive players)
I would encourage you to come as well, but if you want to start in GA, look at Player-1's TM tourney series;the next one's in April

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I would advise you to come, but do what you feel is best.
Thanks. Well we're all interested in coming, I guess now we're just discussing the actual journey there, the expenses, all of that.

Actually , my first tourney was in GA(mainly because SC has no competitive scene and like 10 competitive players)
I would encourage you to come as well, but if you want to start in GA, look at Player-1's TM tourney series;the next one's in April
Oh really? I'll definitely have to look into that one as well then. All of this is really us trying to go from solely casual to more competitive players I guess. It seems like it would be a lot of fun. From what I gather, the smash community seems to be rather nice.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Well, some are nice...
And some aren't...

I'm one of the nice ones, though;) .Alwaysgood to have new competitive players.I'm fairly new, myself, and if can go to this, It'll be my third tourney.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
How were your first two tournament experiences? And I think we decided to postpone our first tourney experience until the one you mentioned around April in Georgia.

EDIT: Could you direct me to the link of the tournament or somewhere else where I can discover more about the Georgia Brawl community? Whether it's a FB page or whatever, I'm just really curious.

ReSe_Tactiks

Smash Cadet
Hey guys sorry I have been mia. Just had twins and have been super busy.

Wanted to let you guys know that Registration ends this Sunday night. If you miss it then your only option is to register at the door and it will cost you an extra $5. You don't have to have a paypal account to preregister. All you need is a debit/CC and you can pay for it that way.

Also wanted to remind everyone that there is a total of $1100 in pot bonuses for this tourney!! Help spread the word and get those bracket numbers up!!

Reminder: I don't have any systems so I need you guys to bring them. The turnout looks like it will be big this month so I will need all the help I can get. Keep in mind that if you come late and I don't need your system that I won't be able to help pay for your venue, it's first come first served in this instance.

Again, thanks for all of your support in helping ReSe grow the smash scene into a true Regional that everyone is proud to be a part of!!!

See you guys March 16th!!

www.resetourney.com/tournaments/registration

www.resetourney.com/tournaments

www.facebook.com/events/204942179643102/

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ah, wish I could make this one..but now that I've been informed of another tourney in April, I'll be preparing for that one.

Btw, congrats on the twins!

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Ummm...I forgot to mention that the thread for the next TM tourney isn't up yet,but it should be in a week or so.
All of th tourneys I have been to have been in *******,GA.The first was like a hundred people,the second was like five.
I should be going to the one in April as well, so if you wanted to go to that one, I can introduce you to GA's Brawl scene.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Alright, I'll be checking back in a week or so. And cool, if you could do that for me then that would be great. I'm really interested in the GA Brawl scene. As a casual player, I've bested all of my friends on numerous occasions and I'm losing interest in the game because I'm getting bored, so I want to venture out into a more competitive field.

ReSe_Tactiks

Smash Cadet
Do spectators get in free?
Yes. There is no charge to just hang out. However if you are going to be playing casuals then there is a $5 fee. If you are caught playing without a wristband you will be shot on site ;) l0l. nah but you will be asked to get up and allow the players that have payed to play time to practice before the event.

archer.

Smash Lord
For your convenience:

I will also put this in the first post to make it easier to find later.

BEHR

Smash Hero
What Boney said,

Coming regardless,

****ing ******* and taking names.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
To be more accurate BEHR, Florida is coming and taking names.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Ye.

What are housing possibilities for us? Driving 7+ hours and buying a hotel on top of it just sounds displeasing.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
There will be five of us. If noise is an issue...it won't be.

archer.

Smash Lord
That's good to know but what I'm more concerned about is just the amount of people that will be over since I'm housing possibly 5-6 other people. I can probably house you regardless but I'm trying to see if other people in Charlotte can offer housing as well.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Whatever is convenient we will accept and appreciate.

Lad

Smash Apprentice
Looking forward to meeting everyone from the Carolina Smash scene!

Top Bottom