• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frio

Smash Champion
I'm not bringing a tv/wii srry

I'm taking a mandarin Class 9-12 on Sat

Yes to the uni luke. We kinda need to know where from Jamie

Limeee

Smash Champion
yo im asking him right now but hes not responding, just keep this page open ill know what he wants in a sec

:009:

EDIT: k lol he says hes got this, he'll just call me when he realizes hes ********. he wont be coming till later though so when is estimated singles times?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Sorry I didn't make it guys. Was a little too late getting off work and picking my Mom up, so the $5 to go through traffic and get there at like, 7:30 or 8:00 and park isn't worth it. :p

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Sorry I didn't make it guys. Was a little too late getting off work and picking my Mom up, so the $5 to go through traffic and get there at like, 7:30 or 8:00 and park isn't worth it. :p
I know the REAL reason why you didn't show. You read that I would be bringing CS2 and MvC3, and you got scurr'd of my skillz.

/joke

P.S. I had a lot of fun today, but I also realized that I really need to practice more often, and as a result I am now thinking of possibly hosting at my house sometime. But that would require me to rearrange and thoroughly clean the living room first.

Brown.

Smash Apprentice
so since nobodies confirmed don't show up at my house (if you actuallly know where I live) I'll be out for a while (if you realllly wanna smash text me)

:phone:

Frio

Smash Champion

P.S. I had a lot of fun today, but I also realized that I really need to practice more often, and as a result I am now thinking of possibly hosting at my house sometime. But that would require me to rearrange and thoroughly clean the living room first.
If you really intend to get better you need to pick up a secondary. Wolf has too many bad match ups. You can still use him for the good ones but pikachu, falco, and ect will just continue halting your progress. Just pick up a pocket Mk or something.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Falco vs Wolf is pretty much even Mark.

Pika, sheik and DDD will wreck you for days though. I heard you say that the DDD match-up isn't as bad as it used to be, but it is... DDD has an infinite on wolf, so tell me how that isn't bad? You need a secondary for Mark, and if your wolf gets good enough... For me as well, because I will for sure CP you with pika.

Frio

Smash Champion
Pika cg is so easy >_> anyone can do it. They just have to know to grab attack after the third d throw

and luke get a new font color u noob

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I've had yellow longer than you by a couple days. Stfu noob.

TBH, everyone in AB should start picking up pikachu for genesis. I am not even kidding. There is no reason to lose to any foxes/wolfs there. Both go even with MK, snake and marth so don't risk it. Gotta play to win.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol. Wolf doesn't have the ability to run away forever. The match-up was already bad for wolf, but with the infinite it's even worse.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Pika, sheik and DDD will wreck you for days though. I heard you say that the DDD match-up isn't as bad as it used to be, but it is... DDD has an infinite on wolf, so tell me how that isn't bad? You need a secondary for Mark, and if your wolf gets good enough... For me as well, because I will for sure CP you with pika.
Simply put, the match-up is not bad alongside the CG/infinite, it is bad because of that. Wolf has good tools for keeping DDD away (properly spaced b-airs, rising and retreating f-airs, blaster) and is generally pretty good against him, but one mistake and he can gets grabbed. Also, keep in mind that it was considered to be closing in on unwinnable, and now is only considered bad (put in numbers, used to be 80-20, then went to 70-30, and now is 60-40).

Also I have been thinking of some secondaries for Pika to start practicing.

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
Goddamit I did nothing yesterday but watch lol livestreams. Why did i not think to check the smash boards. Also we should have a smashfest at my place before alberta beatdown because i'm rusty as ****.

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
IGN, I love you. They made an article of speculation for the new smash:
"A curious thing has happened to Smash Bros. over the past 10 or so years. Despite having a very, very strong tendency towards a party-like atmosphere and more casual gameplay, a group of very dedicated fans has shifted toward a very hardcore style of playing. The debate over what audience Smash Bros. should cater to is certainly worth having (somewhere outside of this article), but Nintendo certainly needs to keep this in mind as it develops a new installment.

Searching a bit online will yield some fascinating videos performed by superb Smash Bros. players. Marvel as Meta Knight dominates match after match, rendering the character virtually unbeatable. Laugh as Falco manages to trap someone in laser fire that cannot be escaped. Nintendo needs to watch and test for the kinds of tricks that dedicated players will inevitably find. Many of us (myself included) play Smash Bros in a way that will never get to that level of complexity. But those players do exist. A new Smash Bros needs to find that balance.

And while I'm at it - No. More. Tripping."
The ending was too good.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1171214p2.html

Yoshara

Smash Lord
@IGN: No one show them clips of high level Marvel (either 2 or 3), otherwise they might **** themselves at things looking broken in those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom