• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'll ask my Mom, but I may be able to host Smash this weekend. Everyone knows there's lots of room at my place. And now there's four couches to sleep on too.

Everyone knows that they want to come to Spruce Grove Zone for the weekend.

@ Dare

Everybody goes through that rut when they get in on the competitive scene for the first time. It's the transition from scrub tactics, into competitive habits that can net you stocks and wins over your opponents. The only thing you can do is keep trying, and keep playing people as you study up on how the character works and all.

You need the competitive mindset too if you want to improve. That's a big part of evolving as a competitor. Keep going! You'll get worse before you get better. Trust me.

Dare Evans

Smash Cadet
Yeah that makes sense I suppose. I'll keep that in mind!

Also, I'd probably be up for some practice this weekend, I could sure as hell use it. As long as you guys don't mind my being there. No offense taken if not, me being new and all.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah that makes sense I suppose. I'll keep that in mind!

Also, I'd probably be up for some practice this weekend, I could sure as hell use it. As long as you guys don't mind my being there. No offense taken if not, me being new and all.
Why would we mind? The Smash community (at least, it used to...) prides itself on being such a welcoming and loving community and encouraging newcomers to get better and play with the best of them. The guy who takes last place could go and eat with the rest of the gang, that's how it used to be. It still happens to an extent, but...yeah I'm just gonna end up rambling.

You're free to play with anyone, anytime man if they're gonna Smash. No point in getting new people around if we don't even play with them.

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
I'm down for some brawl this weekend.

Lol I'm playing more brawl than melée nowadays.

Dare Evans

Smash Cadet
Why would we mind? The Smash community (at least, it used to...) prides itself on being such a welcoming and loving community and encouraging newcomers to get better and play with the best of them. The guy who takes last place could go and eat with the rest of the gang, that's how it used to be. It still happens to an extent, but...yeah I'm just gonna end up rambling.

You're free to play with anyone, anytime man if they're gonna Smash. No point in getting new people around if we don't even play with them.
Well you know, I don't want to just assume these things, haha. But if this is the case and you guys have something going on this weekend let me know.

Fuel

Smash Rookie
haha, yea I'd love to go as well, more practice the better. And i don't wanna assume i can just go either since i am only 16 and you guys are 18,19,20 haha. SO if i can't go no offense taken. I know it is only 2 years at least apart but i wanna be sure.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
What day exactly were you planning on doing this?

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Sick. Way to go, Dan!

Here I was, about to volunteer the Super Hensel Bros' humble abode, but hey - Spruce Grove works too. Now to the inevitable discussion of rides~

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Wait what?

oshi--

BTW; I'll be posting this in Alberta Thread too, but.

SPRUCE GROVE ZONE - SMASHFEST THIS WEEKEND

Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
3 Marmot Avenue
Google Map that **** ftw.

Games:

• Whatever we feel like playing. There will be 64/Melee/Brawl. HDTV Home Theater set-up for those that wanna rock it with BlazBlue, MvsC, whatever you got/wanna bring. Also Halo and whatnots. And movies.
• Tatsunoko vs. Capcom! Yayz! lawl

Date:

• Friday 26th & Saturday 27th; any time is acceptable
• Everyone must leave by around, in general, noon time on Sunday if you are staying the night. We have a spare bed, three couches, and a lot more room then last time seeing as there's no Pool Table anymore.

My contact information,

House #; 780 962 9121
Cell (PREFERED); 780 242 0032

Yes. There will be food. Like pizza and the usual. I can't cook up a storm for everyone. lmao Too much curry. In anycase, there you guys have it.

Let's get some Smash up in here.

[EDIT]

BRING TVs AND SET-UPS. I have a table that can support two/three TVs. I currently have two TVs that are legit to use for Smash (there is lag on the HDTV)

[EDIT #2]

If we get enough people, we might have a little mini tourney for fun. $2 for entry or whatnot. We'll see as we go!

Dare Evans

Smash Cadet
Sounds fun. We'll try to make it then. Probably won't spend the night to save room and stuff, and we should have a ride whenever. Can I grab an address from you? Also does anyone play Jump Ultimate Stars for the DS by any chance?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Oh right, confirm me for the smashfest thing. Friday only though.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Get trolled, me. LOL

[EDIT]

Also, guys! Confirm if you're gonna come or not. Either give me a text on my phone (242 0032), PM me, hit me up on MSN, whatever you wanna do.

I just want a general idea of whose gonna make it, y'know?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Oh wait so it's Friday, Saturday, and then leave by Sunday at noon. Hmm. To go one day which one would be better?
It's entirely your call. I'm hoping that on both days that everyone'll get to hang out. Either way, it's good.

No big deal, we're just gonna be doing whatever on both days. :D

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
lol, no you're confirmed dude. Don't bother. XD

So long as people say to me somewhere that they wanna go or something. That's cool.

[EDIT]

We could also go out to eat at a restaurant or fast food joint or whatever too. If everyone agrees and doesn't want just pizza.

Limeee

Smash Champion
soo, we should take off luigi's

mikes pissed off at me right now cuz i tried to time his snake out on luigis, and he wasn't doing anything wrong as snake either

please ****ing take off luigis, he was breaking off the mansion and he still wasn't catching up any time soon.

god ****it t-block
i don't blame chaos for being pissed though, cuz it was friendlies, but i was just trying to show how unlegal that stage is >.<

Limeee

Smash Champion
1. Everybody hates the stage anyways.
2. Nobody dies, especially with stalling.
3. Stalling is easy, even without the huge boundaries.
4. Stock leads are almost an auto win, if they're stalling.

come on mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom