• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rob's House 4 - 6/23/12 - Ann Arbor, MI

Kail

Smash Lord
Chain throws that require conditions aren't really chain throws. They're maybe throws. The problem with maybe throws is you have to actually meet the conditions which is harder yet since people already aren't trying to get grabbed. So then you're left with the basic chain throws which sadly don't work on everyone. But, more importantly they don't work on those who matter to begin with.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Updated first post with attendees and setups. Can anyone bring TVs? I also need someone to bring only a Cube + Melee. My goal is 6 full setups.

SoiGreg

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to wait until I know for sure I'm going or not to start looking for teammates.. if anyone was even interested.
If no one else, I'll probably be team free until the day of. No one like teaming with the climbers. All they need to do is play someone that can do good alone. (IE: marth, falcon, fox).

SoiGreg

Smash Journeyman
If anyone wants to team I'm free for anyone.

That sentence took so much work to make it sound unsexual....

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
is this gonna be able to handle a lot of people, or is this intended to be like a 15-20 person tournament?

i mean, i'd love to go to a tournament, but this is by no means close to me and theres a decent chance i'd be driving by myself to come

is there any chance of this actually developing into an at least semi regional tourney with like 40-50 people, or are we gonna stick with that goal of having 6 setups?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
IC's can chainthrow everyone. Wobbling is on everyone, and the handoff works on everyone except Pichu. Soooo, yea.
Effectively, I would agree with the other poster that the IC's can't chainthrow everyone.

Wobbling is not a chainthrow. Giant combo from one grab. Banned alot of the time.

The handoff works on everyone except Pichu, true. However, there are less than a handfull of players who can successfully and consistently hand-off. (Trail and Choknater for example both don't handoff.) Nobody is perfect at it, 80% regrab rate is considered really good. Not to mention that some characters are so difficult to handoff that it is hardly ever attempted (Doc, Samus). Point being, worrying about the handoff against a run-of-the mill IC player is like worrying about perfect tripleshines on shield from run-of-the mill Falcos.

As an Ice Climber player, I know how overrated IC grabs really are.

SoiGreg

Smash Journeyman
Effectively, I would agree with the other poster that the IC's can't chainthrow everyone.

Wobbling is not a chainthrow. Giant combo from one grab. Banned alot of the time.

The handoff works on everyone except Pichu, true. However, there are less than a handfull of players who can successfully and consistently hand-off. (Trail and Choknater for example both don't handoff.) Nobody is perfect at it, 80% regrab rate is considered really good. Not to mention that some characters are so difficult to handoff that it is hardly ever attempted (Doc, Samus). Point being, worrying about the handoff against a run-of-the mill IC player is like worrying about perfect tripleshines on shield from run-of-the mill Falcos.

As an Ice Climber player, I know how overrated IC grabs really are.
I'm not really going to argue. Just the fact that you CAN handoff everyone except pichu is enough for me.

Velynn

Smash Journeyman
How is that enough? You can't rely on it or expect it always to work.

Kinglit

Smash Cadet
Updated first post with attendees and setups. Can anyone bring TVs? I also need someone to bring only a Cube + Melee. My goal is 6 full setups.
Top Drivers could supply that only Cube and Melee if we go, which we most likely will.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
is this gonna be able to handle a lot of people, or is this intended to be like a 15-20 person tournament?

i mean, i'd love to go to a tournament, but this is by no means close to me and theres a decent chance i'd be driving by myself to come

is there any chance of this actually developing into an at least semi regional tourney with like 40-50 people, or are we gonna stick with that goal of having 6 setups?
To be honest, I'm not expecting more than 20, and the venue definitely can't handle over 30. It'd be awesome if you could attend, but I know Cincy is 5-ish hours away and I'd hate for you to drive up here and find only a couple dozen people to play with.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'm contemplating hosting POE3 around this day. It is hopefully going to be a good sized regional. I don't have a good date, and I don't want to take away from your people. In fact I'd want your people to come. I didn't get many from Michigan at POE2....probably just Sliq.

IDK why I really made this post. Oh well. Ice Climber CG's are totally overrated.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Go for it. Evansville is 7 hours away from Ann Arbor. Pretty sure neither tourney will be affected by the other.

Top Bottom