• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rob's Back+A - Good for recovery?

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
CAn it be usefull for recovery? I mean' It can give you a small boost of speed wich is better than the normal speed, plus that Rob will float a while. Isn't it right?

dan smith

Smash Champion
Robert's recovery needs little augmentation. It is a good offensive recovery move however, drop from edge, jump and bair...and great for spacing in fight too.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Yes, it's very useful, and it cancels your up-B (along with all of your aerials). Don't use it too close to the stage or you'll just get swatted back again.

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah the BAir is a useful recovery move. This was discovered day 2 at least. Learn to read through the forums please.

/thread.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It may be worth mentioning that the best way to live as long as possible is to use the aerial that is quickest in total frames, which I believe is ROB's fair. While you're being knocked away by an attack, your momentum can't be affected even by momentum-affecting moves like bair and dair.

After you reset to neutral though, bairing repeatedly can give you a significant boost in horizontal distance while you recover.

Darth JoBak

Smash Apprentice
to summarize, Do NOT use it to cancel momentum away from the stage
DO use it to return to the stage or merely position yourself

//thread

zzz99

Smash Apprentice
aside from what was already said: using it to go under the stage in combination with up-b significantly reduces the amount of fuel you use

technomancer

Smash Champion
Actually, airdodging first gives the most significant addition to survival percent (about 10%)

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
Yes the Bair for recovery is a great move. I barely use the up-B when I'm trying to come back too the stage. Except it kind of leaves you open for punishment from the front side.

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
I don't usually use it as a recovery move. Sometimes yes, but usually to charge into scrubs for a grab (it looks lagless when I land while using it. ROB Missle (bair) > pile driver (uthrow) = win)

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Eh, it's okay. It really only works if your facing a chracter with a really low priority or slow f-smash. Then, the forward hit box will hit and you could start the f-air wall of pain.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I like to use UpB then bair while holding up (just use c-stick). It provides an interesting curve, but I'm sure everybody knows about using up-b to affect aerials.
On the stage tho, I like FF Bairs, especially when I know my opponent is going to roll, Bair is awesome for catching people in their rolls.

Top Bottom