• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robotic Operating Buddy: Yes, it's R.O.B.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Does some one mind telling me what makes dtilt so amazing for rob's kit? Or just what makes it one of the best moves in the game in general? I see it be talked about all the time when people talk about broken or amazing moves and I just kind of think of it as a good "get off me" option.

Also, what is everyone's opinion on forward air? Is it a good move in general or is it just something rob has to take up space?
Down tilt is extremely fast and links into itself well at lower percentages.

Forward Air is a good move to use offstage to keep your opponent away and to continue aerial combos with.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Down tilt is extremely fast and links into itself well at lower percentages.

Forward Air is a good move to use offstage to keep your opponent away and to continue aerial combos with.
Is that it? Cause multiple characters have dtilts that are fast and link into eachother and they aren't talked about nearly as much if at all.
I also need more info on forward air cause I want to know if people are considering that move to be an actual great move or not

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Is that it? Cause multiple characters have dtilts that are fast and link into eachother and they aren't talked about nearly as much if at all.
I also need more info on forward air cause I want to know if people are considering that move to be an actual great move or not
Down tilt comes out frame 3, as does R.O.B.’s jab. It’s great for poking, shield pressure, and at higher percents it can be comboed into dash attacks. At even higher percents it pushes opponents a good distance and you can run up and use another down tilt to keep dragging them across the stage, and near 120-130% it sends the opponent into a tumble animation which can then be used to kill with a smash attack.

Forward air is basically your aerial spacing tool. Good for poking in the air too. At lower percents it combos well into down tilt, and it’s a great option to pursue opponents off stage.

Here’s a guide that goes over R.O.B.’s full kit, including the info. I shared above.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
One nice thing of Dtilt is that it combo's well with a spinning Gyro. Trapping the opponent between a barrage of Dtilts and a spinning Gyro and finishing it off with a strong attack can do well over 30%. This is pretty situational so this may not be what they are talking about but it can be very nice when it happens.

BTW a great Youtube channel to watch for R.O.B. players is https://www.youtube.com/user/Luu343/featured
I am not affiliated but he has a lot of great informative R.O.B. video's with this kind of stuff.

Ijigen

Smash Cadet
I would say don’t put yourself in a shield situation too often to begin with since yeah it’s bad. Fair and to a lesser extent jab or dtilt oos are the only even usable options and that leaves a huge range he can’t cover. Better to avoid playing oos by using nair and projectiles to put up a wall so they can’t easily get to cqc range. For example being one roll away from your opponent is much better than being next to them because nair is a usable option from that distance and it can even be used to give you more space even if it hits shield.
Fadeback fair can also be used to get the heck out of cqc relatively safely it’s worth noting.
Edit: oh yeah and top throw oos is good if you have it in hand and the opponent is tall enough

Last edited:
Top Bottom