• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rob vs Snake?

FuaxName

Smash Rookie
I wondering if theres any advice/tips i can get for my R.O.B vs Snake, i having trouble with this match-up because, snakes standing A always gets priority on anything I do, I believe Snakes standing a is one of the fastest if not the fastest in the game, I also have problems with Snake running at me with A and canceling into up A (glitch), My Rob's projectiles are too laggy for a move that fat, I'm usually a sitting duck, I try and block but the more he wait the more my shield shrinks, I also dodge a lot, basically if where at opposites ends of the screen i have no choice but to be on the defensive. I've noticed my best bet is to jump/hover to him and avoid the platform the hopefully attack from above somehow. any tips?:dizzy:

Eaode

Smash Champion
Vs Snake, just be patient. a lot of times you can't approach him because of his awesome Ftilt and AAA, and he'll spam grenades at you. Just be patient and keep lasering him and throwing out gyros. Dodge the grenades, and try to get close gradually without letting him read you. try to shieldgrab if he gets careless with close ranged attacks. Abuse ROB's ftilt for its range. Try to dash attack if he's vulnerable, which leads to an uptilt or two and maybe a Uair.

When Snake is recovering, try to Fair him before he uses his Up-B, because he'll get Super Armor frames. Remember that Snake likes to recover high, and will drop down on you. This is a perfect oppurtunity for and Upsmash for some damae or KO's at higher %. Of course, aftr the first couple attempts, he will see this coming, but it's not a problem. He'll try to airdodge while falling, which mean you get a free grab or fsmash as he comes out of it. It's all about reading him properly.

Also, whenever he's on a platform, abuse your upsmash. If it hits him, you just got some extra damage. If he rolls or dodges, you dont lose anything. And if he shields it, it will usually push him off and he'll fall right next to you, in which case you get a free fsmash or grab or what have you. Of course this won't work on long platforms like Yoshi's island or Halberd, but for regular short platforms it works wonders.

StoleUrCar

Smash Journeyman
All I can say is that ROB 9 times outta 10 usually ***** Snake or gives him a helluva time >.> Ur aerials demolish his up b, and Snake is pretty vulnerable in the air. also, all of them can beat the super armor since they hit the cypher in the process, nair seems to work best.

Ok no more telling you how to massacre my main lol.

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
keep to the air. Simply utilt him and then go and **** him with a flurry of uair and finish with a nair (witch is what all of the keul kids are saying.

Sudai

Stuff here
If he drops a motion sensor (DSmash), shoot a laser or a gyro at it. I like to shoot my gyro at it cause the explosion from the mine makes the top fly up and drop down for surprises.

Hax

Smash Champion
ROB beats snake lol. finish him early with dair if you can, or if you catch him high up always nair cuz that **** goes through an airdodge if you time it right. jump and angle your lasers down so even if he crouches he gets hit, and throw tops at him. ALWAYS usmash when he lands.. its really g@y lol

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
I think this is one of ROBs better matchups. If you can pretty much **** Snake it the air with all your aerials. Try to use your gyro to approach then just knock him around in the air. If you play smart you should be fine.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Snake, as it turns out, is a fairly easy match-up if you keep to the air and realize that's the your strength. If you're on the ground, you can still really screw him up through lasers and gyros.

Just make sure he isn't staying on the ground, otherwise, he'll snake dash you while you're in the air 'til kingdom come. Force him to come up with you, with a throw, an aerial, a dash, whatever.

Elemental Knight

Smash Cadet
A few things as a Snake main:

First of all, I am continually surprised by the effectiveness of ROB's nair (and really all his aerials). Their range is deceptive.

Secondly, while lasers aren't really more than a slight irritant to me, the gyros really irk me because they frequently force me to approach differently than I'd like (and it especially removes my beloved mortar slide). But there's no way in my mind that Snake is consistently an _easy_ matchup for ROB.

Top Bottom