• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB tilt lock technique?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You see everything from ROBs and WiFi viewpoint. As a liberal player, I appreciate stage knowledge to the most. A player doesn't really deserve to win in Finland unless he can play on Picto or not get ****ed over by RC.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
On a side note: I found out a very good tactic against Meta Knight that get you a KO at 50% guaranteed ([^___^]
Please tell me T0MMY! I hate the Meta Knight MU so much, please tell me more!! D=

T0MMY

Smash Master
You didn't post anything on AiB
Stop taunting us
What is the technique you troll
I did post it in AiB. Nyah :^p
I won't post all my good stuff here because that would defeat the purpose of luring everyone over to AiB.

Now, the REALLY good stuff... I'll send privately to the active members of the R.O.B. boards. If you read and post over on AiB you get special messages.

([^^]

Oh, and I saw a vid of you wrecking Shadow's MK, good shnaz there, you responded to nearly every one of MK's tactics perfectly.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I found it on AiB... That's all it is? That's hardly anything...

btw it's fair a MK starting a glide then either he is forced to glide attack or take the fair, then you can footstool dunk him out of it

besides the fact that they can take the fair, they can just... you know... not start a glide anywhere near you. what mk is stupid enough to do that? very very very few. MK has so many other options for recovery he can take his pick and then your technique that you so hyped up is gone. Nado, Drill Rush, all of them will rip through that fair.

...sorry for what i said about PNW n stuff

T0MMY

Smash Master
lol, -LzR-, there's a difference between getting "owned" and getting "trolled".

@ my dear (trolling) Chibo:
Glad you figured out he can take the F-air hit and not get dunked. Now that you're up to speed you can realize just how useful it is to advance on a Gliding Meta Knight instead of relying on a Shield like I see you do in your vidoes (proper spacing/timing will nullify your OoS options you've built a habit of using as a counter option, you'll see when the MK players learn the matchup more).
You've just learned a new option, you can thank me later.

These recent posts remind me of '08 when I left... (rolls eyes)
You should realize every single conjecture, no matter how insignificant, should be posted. It could be a piece to something that works into something grander later; even if it is insignificant it does no harm (only potential good).
Instead, the SWF mentality is to shoot it down and say things like "old" and "not useful" or "my region is better than yours" just to satisfy the id.
I've no reason to help you exercise your ego, so instead I'll just troll you back:

How about you cut the big talk, leave the comfort of the internet and come over here and prove how good you are. I'll personally give you $50 if you can beat Felix, $30 if you can beat Jem, and $20 if you can beat Nerd. If you do that you'll win yourself about $300 from the tournament plus my $100 plus live up to your big words as well as put our entire region in its place. Or you could just say Pac NW sucks online and troll us with nothing to show. Your choice.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Sorry but I'll take the safety of on stage vs MK.

You also realize that MK can cancel his glide and do whatever do you? (nado fair drillrush dair) you name it

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
PA is full of free players too wtf.

jk!

t0mmy ***** WA mks off-stage because they play non-sandbagging t0mmy once every 3 months and t0mmy plays mks more frequently. they don't know his hitboxes well enough.

I also endorse what t0mmy said.

EDIT: I got changed in to a dog. D:

TeeVee

Smash Lord
How about you cut the big talk, leave the comfort of the internet and come over here and prove how good you are. I'll personally give you $50 if you can beat Felix, $30 if you can beat Jem, and $20 if you can beat Nerd. If you do that you'll win yourself about $300 from the tournament plus my $100 plus live up to your big words as well as put our entire region in its place. Or you could just say Pac NW sucks online and troll us with nothing to show. Your choice.

Sudai

Stuff here
You guys know t0mmy's really just trolling himself, right? He's trying so hard to get people to AIB, the very same people he claimed to have left Smashboards for. :awesome:

Now that the standard trolling of t0mmy is out of the way.
Enough derailing this thread plox. Just trolls trollin' trolls.

T0MMY

Smash Master
K, Chibo, you can take the safety of the internet and not take me up on my offer on-stage vs Meta Knight. Go develop that planking strat.

You guys know Sudai's really just trolling himself, right?
fix'd.
Last I talked to you was when you trolled AiB. Ironic.

Can we talk about leads into locks now, or are we just going to further smear SWF's reputation?

T0MMY

Smash Master
Yeah, guys, seriously get back on track. Shame on all of us. Just use our shining moderator as a fine example. His last post wasn't a flaunt of authority and a final jab as well as a shift of blame onto others. He's getting us back on track.
Now that I'm back on track... Have you ever noticed when you D-Smash your opponent sometimes they will DI out? Well, a few times my opponent has popped out and I believe they hit the ground and flopped a tech. They didn't pop out too far away, so that could set up for a lock.

Additionally, some attacks (those that launch your opponent upwards), when SDI'd downwards will actually send your opponent flopping on the ground (U-Tilt, sourspot U-Smash, etc.)

Here's a list of attacks that may lead into a lock:
2nd hit of the Jab
F-Tilt
B-Air (hit with your shoulder going towards them)
B-Air (hit their Shield and force them off a platform)
Gyro Toss (used in conjunction with Glide-toss or tossed straight down)
Footstool Stomp
D-Air (obviously, but this attack sends R.O.B. upwards, perhaps using a D-Air "landing lag" will prove useful).

tired at the moment, let me know if I missed any.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Man, T0MMY just said something and you all got mad, what is this for a place? Even if it isn't that useful to you, it's still good that we know something new. It's better than nothing. >_>
Overreact more please... -.-

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Next person not talking about tilt locks gets an infraction instead of a warning.

Not trying to get infracted for this, but I think this needs to be enforced in the Matchup thread too. Place is getting crazy offtrack imo.

The biggest problem with tilt locks for me is getting into the mode to be aware of the opportunity. I miss it too often.
For example, when someone DI's a an uptilt that only catches the side of our opponent to where they land flat on the ground...I miss that opportunity a lot. Some times it's not even about setting up tilt locks, because it prob happens at least once a set where we miss an unintentional opportunity. Maybe if we looked out for these chances more, we can find greater success with it.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Only legit tilt lock is dtilt lock and you will never get that against a good player. END. Happy mods?

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Theory is theory

If theory worked, then underrated characters wouldn't be stepping it up and creating jaw-dropping performances.

You're shutting yourself down with this state of mind.
Therefore, you will end up missing out on even more opportunities since they supposedly never happen.
This is why ROB has been so beeping bad in America for so long. We convince ourselves that since it doesn't seem logical, then it doesn't work. Well f**k logic. To hell with it. I get so riled up over this because we only hurt the ROB community this way.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't be aware of the unlikely, we should consider it, and see if we can find ways around it. This should forever be our robotic quest.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I always look for the opportunity for a dtilt lock whenever possible. Only gotten it once and the opponent did mad SDI and went too far.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I completely agree with Mr. Eric. With the starting attitude saying nothing will work will only get exactly what you are looking for.
In fact, I was testing a D-Tilt lock setup just a few minutes ago and I believe if it is timed right on certain characters it will guarantee a D-Tilt lock.

Keep in mind, the Smash Twin Combo is guaranteed, but requires a teammate (in team mode) to help with the Footstool out of the U-Throw.
Don't rule out doubles either.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I have been jablocked once and I have done it once. We try to do it all the time. It's a really nice punish and such, but when the opponent knows your trick, it isn't going to work. And SDI ruins it pretty bad too.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
You can also start a D-tilt lock from an U-smash (they must be on a platform and not perfect shield it).

Top Bottom