• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Stage Discussion

Landry

Smash Ace
The goal of this thread is to centralize information pertaining to ROBs advantages and disadvantages on all tournament legal stages. This thread IS NOT the discussion thread, this is where a synopsis of the discussion will be posted following it's completion. Posts in this thread should be to pick which stages will be discussed next.

Currently Discussing:

Final Destination
Battlefield

Already Discussed:

None

Yet to be Discussed:

Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Distant Planet*
Green Greens*
Luigi's Mansion*
Port Town Aero Dive*
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)*
Norfair*

Stages marked with an asterisk are considered Counter/Banned by the SBR and may or may not be discussed.

So, uhhh, why the crap is Distant Planet asterisked and Rainbow Cruise isn't????

Anyways, I think the advantages are obvious in Battlefield. The platforms allow for a Gyro to be shot at a recovering opponent. And they can also be used for Layzahs. Basically for camping. And for aerials.

Mag!c

Smash Apprentice
Frigate next would be great. I don't notice a difference in my results, so I'm probably playing the stage wrong.

Top Bottom