• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ROB Stage Discussion~ Now on: Smashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I didn't see any stage discussions and the search function is bugging out again, so here we go.

I know that I, as well as other ROBs would do much better if we knew the exact strengths and weaknesses we have on each stage. We need to know not to take Ike to FD just because you have room to camp.

What do you guys want to start on?

Starter

Battlefield

Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

Final Destination

Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

Smashville

Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

Yoshi's Island

Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

Counterpick

Castle Siege

Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

Delfino

Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

Halberd

Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

Lylat Cruise

Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

Pokémon Stadium 1

Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

Brinstar

Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

Corneria

Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

Distant Planet

Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

Counterclockwise spin

Frigate Orpheon

Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

Green Hill Zone

Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

Jungle Japes

Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

Luigi's Mansion

Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

Norfair

Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

Pictochat

Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

Pirate Ship

Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

Pokémon Stadium 2

Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

Rainbow Cruise

Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Pros:

Cons:

Rating:

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
*clicks on and reads robotic counterpicking on the top of the page.*

Edit: Actually now that I think about it, the CP discussion is just covering about five stages in all. I think we should make a stage discussion directory (like Sudai did with character matchups) and discuss stages weekly. I mean, the CP thread is good for knowing what stages to CP with and how to utilize them effectively, but some threads discussing strategies on some of ROBs worse stages would be useful as well.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
*clicks on and reads robotic counterpicking on the top of the page.*

Edit: Actually now that I think about it, the CP discussion is just covering about five stages in all. I think we should make a stage discussion directory (like Sudai did with character matchups) and discuss stages weekly. I mean, the CP thread is good for knowing what stages to CP with and how to utilize them effectively, but some threads discussing strategies on some of ROBs worse stages would be useful as well.
This.

We need to discuss more than ROB's useful counterpicks.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I mentioned this to Sudai, I figure if he feels its worth pursuing it will be done, or appointed to someone. I wouldn't mind making this thread/directory thing, but I'd like a go-ahead, you know?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I guess we should just wait and see if Sudai thinks we should keep it. This thread would be so useful to me and a lot of ROBs too. =/

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Personally, I think a separate stage thread is silly anyway. They can be discussed when it comes to the character match-ups, since stage choice is dependent on your opponent.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Still, we need to get to know which stages we can rely on other than our favorite counterpicks. Currently, only those that do a lot of matches against a variety of characters know that.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Can one of these really help that much? When it boils down the stages for ROB is all about who you are fighting. If you need space to camp, try FD or Japes (especially if they kill off the top typically) something for characters that outcamp you is basically smashville(I'd prefer battlefield myself but eh) or Frigate. Cruise and Frigate also **** poor recoveries.

ROB can perform decent on just about any stage, its all about him knowing which stage will remove his opponents advantage thus it should be with match up discussion.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Well yea. But some people don't really know the strengths they have on stages. Some don't choose Japes because they don't know why it helps them.

Either way, we're discussing Smashville.

Sudai

Stuff here
Meh, I still like the way my chart laid it out, but I couldn't get enough people discussing to flesh it out.

Chart based per character, saying what stages to gravitate to and which stages to avoid with reasons why. I'm thinking about dredging it up and letting the community vote on which Stage thread they want or if they don't want one at all. >.o

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Smashville

I like this stage overall. It's relatively large for camping. If you're stuck on the ledge with little fuel, just play it safe and wait for the platform (I often do this against FSmash spacing Lucarios). You can fly under it if you need to, but there's not anything particularily obstructive in between. Your opponent will probably just be able to run to the other ledge. Still you can do this depending on the platform's location.

Try not to get caught on the platform. I only stand on it if it's off the stage. Watch out for an approach from below... but if they do you can run off the far edge of the platform and bair. It's not likely to kill since it's firing the wrong way, but it will protect you. And if they want to chase you further, odds are the platforms going to leave and it's going to end up being very dangerous for them.

When the platform is over me, uptilt works great. I don't have a lot of luck with upsmash there, so I normally just uptilt -> upair.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
SV is easily the most neutral stage in the game. This is good because ROB is FAIRLY rounded. While platforms may hurt him, they also help because he can poke through them well, the only downside being that it moves, but it also allows a new place for laser bouncing and Gyros to spin. If ROB is stuck without gas on a ledge, he can just wait for the platform to move over to him.

A little thing great about this stage is when you throw a gyro up, and it lands on the platform, it will bounce a bit, and the platform moves from underneath the gyro and it falls onto opponents. Nice range too, good for camping.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Meh, I still like the way my chart laid it out, but I couldn't get enough people discussing to flesh it out.

Chart based per character, saying what stages to gravitate to and which stages to avoid with reasons why. I'm thinking about dredging it up and letting the community vote on which Stage thread they want or if they don't want one at all. >.o
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196732

If this was what you were talking about I vote for it :)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I honestly think that, if finished, that would be the most useful thread on the ROB forums. But no one ever contributed, so it died.

<- guilty :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom