• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[:rob:] NCSU Smash Rehash Vol. 4 "Buy Xenoblade" =] feat. Boss, Chu, not PP =]

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I meant how do they hook it up. Do they have a splitter going between the cube and the computer, or something like that?

I could probably go get something like that. With what I have at the moment, they'd have to use my laptop screen to play the game, which would look pretty bad.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Alright, I believe I have everything necessary to record. The only problem is none of my TVs have AV out jacks, so I can't test it.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Alright, my TVs have audio out jacks, so I can confirm my setup works. If someone has a TV with AV out jacks, I can record until my hard drive runs out of space

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Yeah, I have an account. I'm a bit worried about space, but I should be good. I have one program that records audio from the game, but uses more space. The one in Chibo's guide uses less space, and would also make it easier to commentate. Which brings me to my question, are people going to want to commentate on matches? If so, I can bring my USB Mic.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Alright, I'll bring everything, and make sure I'm there at 11. If I happen to run out of space, I have 40gb of Zeta Gundam I can delete.

Here's an example of what it'll look like, I'll test out commentating later:

http://youtu.be/1pE_joZArlE

I'm usually better than that, by the way. I just had to play using my laptop screen due to not having a TV with AV out jacks.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Yeah, I didn't notice I hadn't set that. I'll upload another recording with that and commentary.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Does anyone know for sure they'll bring a TV with AV out jacks? If not, I'll have to buy a splitter.

Also, will there be internet there? If there will be, I can set up a stream.

archer.

Smash Lord
Hey Raphael, out of curiosity since Brawl stuff is happening before Melee would you be ok with recording some Brawl too?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Brawl is a terrible game. I would never support it.

But I am going to arrive at 11 so I can get everything set up in time to record Brawl.

Stingers, does the NCSU Wi-Fi reach the room? If It does, then I could stream the tournament. I tested it at home, and it seemed to work pretty well.

Also, I think we should have a Dance Central 2 side tournament. Clearly that's a great game to combine with a bunch of melee players.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
Mario Kart tournament? I'm all in, make that **** 5$ I don't care. I
WILL
WIN
THAT
And I will act drunk but not get drunk srry.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Sorry, but you have to be at least 13 to commentate. Fortunately for you, no one is going to bother to enforce that, so you can commentate anyway.

Also, I happen to have one of those Gamestop AV Cables that plugs into a million different consoles. After testing it, I can plug the composite end into a TV and the SVideo end into my capture card (or the other way around). So, while I'd rather use a TV with an AV out jack, this works fine as well. We will have to have the laptop pretty close to the TV, though, since my cords aren't very long.

EDIT: Also, I might enter the Mario Kart tourney. I've never played the game before, though, and I'm too young to get drunk.

Top Bottom