• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rivals of Aether - Official Thread

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
For those who missed the stream yesterday, I made a video showcasing 4 glitches I found all at once. No commentary on this video.

Last edited:

howbadisbad

Smash Apprentice
Does the mayflash- gamecube-pc adapter also work with the wii u? Been waiting for the official adapter to restock so I can use it for both.

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
Does the mayflash- gamecube-pc adapter also work with the wii u? Been waiting for the official adapter to restock so I can use it for both.
The 2 port purple mayflash adapter does not work with the wii u. The wii u can not read a device that has PC drivers, just as the PC can't read a device that has wii U drivers (unless you boot the PC in a special mode to allow unsigned driver installation).

Look at this instead as your option for one to do both: http://www.mayflash.com/products/nintendowiiu/w012.html
I've not bought one myself but it seems promising.

Last edited:

dquarius

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, remember that artic fox concept I came up with. I finally got around to making a quick concept sprite, just a simple standing pose. I'm not much of a spriter so there are some novice mistakes like shading, general form and stuff but it gets my vision across. Anyways... here she is.
Thats really awesome

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique

Have you always wanted to join a Skype group for discussion of Rivals of Aether, having fun, and meeting new people?
I think we have a solution.

This group is available to anyone who wants to join whether you are a playtester or not. It is managed by me and @Rossuizan . We encourage playtesters to join in discussion here as long as you don't forget about posting on this thread as well with your feedback. Maybe Dan himself might even post a few teasers in the group as he continues development of the game. ;)

Rules:
- Be respectful of others, of the game, and of yourself. Insults and hate on any member of the chat will not be taken lightly, and you will be given a warning the first time, then removed if you continue to insult anyone.
- Conversation does not have to be strictly of RoA.
- Have fun. Enjoy yourself.

To join, request me or Ros on Skype and we'll add you to the group:
| Clay.redmon
| Saltykitz

18 members and quickly growing. See ya there!

Last edited:

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
Just thought I'd share it on the thread, since it's been shown in the skype group:

Animated recolor! Aether style / twitch.tv style colors

Was simple to make and I used a color scheme I made a few pages back in this thread. It uses only colors from the logo minus a few details.

Last edited:

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
Just thought I'd share it on the thread, since it's been shown in the skype group:

Animated recolor! Aether style / twitch.tv style colors

Was simple to make and I used a color scheme I made a few pages back in this thread. It uses only colors from the logo minus a few details.
how exactly did you get these animations

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
how exactly did you get these animations
2 methods. One much simpler than the other.

1. Using fraps to record, then taking the recording and using gifcam to make a gif, then removing background and cropping and shortening the animation...

OR

2. I asked Dan for the idle animations.

You could use the official website gifs also to rip them. :)

Xanthus

Smash Apprentice
Bug
Kragg restores his Up-B beneath the right platform on Basic Fire Capitol. Usually Kragg's body has to be touching a platform for it to get refreshed while standing on the pillar, but on this stage it's the entire empty space beneath it.

Also this can happen with laying a rock on a pillar and it's touching the platform, then destroying the pillar:

Last edited:

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
Bug
Kragg restores his Up-B beneath the right platform on Basic Fire Capitol. Usually Kragg's body has to be touching a platform for it to get refreshed while standing on the pillar, but on this stage it's the entire empty space beneath it.

Also this can happen with laying a rock on a pillar and it's touching the platform, then destroying the pillar:
The rock thing is still present in the 12.20 build. The upB anywhere under the right platform was made null by Kragg's new upB mechanic. So you don't have to worry about it. Rock though it a hilarious find:

Last edited:

gnosis

Smash Lord
It was just recently that I learned parrying reflects projectiles.... <_<

This changes everything.

I need more people to play this with. My fighting game friend who was living in Japan the previous two years finally moved back to the states, so hopefully I'll have a more consistent play partner now :D.

edit: Going back and reading previous pages, I've compiled an Official Very Serious Tier List based on community consensus in this thread:
top - Zetterburn (opinions seem to range from very solid to best in the game by far)
mid - kragg/orcane (opinions range from a little underwhelming to best in the game for both)
bottom - wrastor (opinions range from worst by far to very good)

I think the only thing useful I got out of it was that no one thinks Zetterburn is bad, but all three of the other characters have some people not digging them. Which in my mind seems like pretty much mission accomplished - zetterburn seems to be meant to be that solid, mario-esque middleman that everyone can pick up and play, while the others all require more specialized skillsets that are going to appeal to different people.

Last edited:

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
It was just recently that I learned parrying reflects projectiles.... <_<

This changes everything.

I need more people to play this with. My fighting game friend who was living in Japan the previous two years finally moved back to the states, so hopefully I'll have a more consistent play partner now :D.

edit: Going back and reading previous pages, I've compiled an Official Very Serious Tier List based on community consensus in this thread:
top - Zetterburn (opinions seem to range from very solid to best in the game by far)
mid - kragg/orcane (opinions range from a little underwhelming to best in the game for both)
bottom - wrastor (opinions range from worst by far to very good)

I think the only thing useful I got out of it was that no one thinks Zetterburn is bad, but all three of the other characters have some people not digging them. Which in my mind seems like pretty much mission accomplished - zetterburn seems to be meant to be that solid, mario-esque middleman that everyone can pick up and play, while the others all require more specialized skillsets that are going to appeal to different people.
Every time I play I tend to change around my tier list in my head because of matchups or because of how a particular user's playstyle matches or clashes with the character's playstyle.

At my best with wrastor, I'm always mixing up what attacks I use and not constantly doing fair and Uair and nair only. I always have a sideB out or if I don't then I'm waiting to use it on a Zetterburn sideB, orcane B, or Kragg sideB to slow Kragg down. I find moves that just string together well and am able to consciously make decisions that work to have longer guaranteed combos while also setting up for a uair, fsmash, usmash, or upB kill. You HAVE to have diversity in the moves you use for wrastor to work. He can also pretty much just jump away from most combos and land somewhere safely to regain neutral. Wrastor is actually amazing if you use him right, but his light weight is why I put him below Zetterburn.

While I don't personally use orcane any more, Xanthus is ridiculous with orcane and consistently shows off the neat technical stuff and range of options orcane has when there is a puddle on the field (extended smash attack range, upB, downB, sideB, etc) and orcanes diverse set of options for both aggressive play and campy play are why I put him above last.

To shorten the post, Kragg is where he is for the most part because of his easily gimpable recovery. And his weight being easy for combos. What him being last doesn't mean is that he's bad. Every character is good and I feel like for the most part there's balance already. Kragg rock overpowers zetter recovery.

Every character has plenty of positives against other characters in the alpha build we're using. With updates, we'll see how things change up I suppose.

1. Zetterburn
2. Wrastor
3, Orcane
4. Kragg

Streetwize

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad I never got the Wii U controller I was supposed to get months ago, because I learned the hard way my internal Bluetooth does not want to work with controllers. I'd have to buy a dongle or that MayFlash adapter. Well, PS3 controller it is for right now. Also, I kinda don't recommend the Mini Pro Elite controller unless you have tiny hands. It's a little too small as a controller.

Yurya

Smash Apprentice
I just had a thought for balancing Kragg's Rock:

What if when the rock is flying (an active state) any attack will break the rock, but once it lands (a passive state) it will take a good amount of damage to send it flying (exception for Kragg's attacks).

Right now Kragg's Rock is very hard to parry and otherwise unavoidable.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I think the biggest problem with Kraggd rock is its shotgun-esque "spread". Hurts the pace of the game. I find it startling that there are so many suggestions for nerfing rock play that will make it clunkier and less satisfying, but seem fine with the fact that you can take up almost half the stage with projectiles that fan outward from long range.

Kragg has tons of angles possible for hitting his rocks. Why not lower the spread and encourage players to better incorporate these angles? In my opinion this would make the projectile more dodgeable while still keeping it as a main tool that doesn't create a zone for free.

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
I think the biggest problem with Kraggd rock is its shotgun-esque "spread". Hurts the pace of the game. I find it startling that there are so many suggestions for nerfing rock play that will make it clunkier and less satisfying, but seem fine with the fact that you can take up almost half the stage with projectiles that fan outward from long range.

Kragg has tons of angles possible for hitting his rocks. Why not lower the spread and encourage players to better incorporate these angles? In my opinion this would make the projectile more dodgeable while still keeping it as a main tool that doesn't create a zone for free.

My only problem with it has been Xanthus constantly waveland bair'ing it to spam, as well as zetterburn's recovery being complete trash with the rock in play. I believe Dan was experimenting for a short time on how it would work if the rock only had 1HP, meaning any attack from any character would break it. Now I think he might have ruled that option out and is just doing something to where zetterburn's recovery will break the rock if Zetterburn is already in motion.

There's a ton of ways this can be handled, and no one way would necessarily be the best since they haven't all been tested yet I guess. We'll just have to wait and see what his ideas and thoughts are on the matter.

It does need some sort of change though. That I think everyone can agree on.

Yurya

Smash Apprentice

Well Wrastor has a projectile that is practically a free approach. Zetta can put alot of fire downrange and compliments that pressure with one of the hardest punish games. And Orcane can fill a ton of space with Bubbles and droplets. Filling a large section of the stage with pellets allows Kragg to keep up with the others.

I don't deny that a smaller spread would require more skill but the rest of the cast would then need to follow to keep the theme/balance intact.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Those controllers arrived at last.The game feels great!
Something that I'm pretty sure is intentional but it's best to make sure:
You can jump out of Wrastor's D Smash.Seems to be only during certain parts of the animation.
It dosen't do anything weird to his jump count or anything.He'll just use one to jump out,and won't get any back or anything.
You can time it right to jump-cancel just as you hit someone.Looks like great combo potential.

Also C-Sticking Wrastor's Smashes is cool.It lets him maintain his momentum and his Smashes gives him a small vertical boost this way also.
It's especially cool if you run off a ledge and Smash immediately.

The game's really fun.Thanks for accepting me.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Just a quick update real quick, I happened to finish the standing animation for my character concept. And I've grown rather fond of the name Glace that @DrMister came up with a while ago, so I think I'm just going to refer to her as such from now on. It's like a combination of Grace and Glacier and it makes sense with the ice theme and how I want her to have fluid/nimble normals (aka graceful lol).

Also, the more I think about it the easier it is to consider her a Zelda/Sheik hybrid. Of course there's more to her than that but it's really what her concept narrows down to.

I might continue to do more sprites as I've never had this much fun making them before! I did a bit of spriting years ago for a friend but that wasn't the most enjoyable experience. Well see anyways lol.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Just a quick update real quick, I happened to finish the standing animation for my character concept. And I've grown rather fond of the name Glace that @DrMister came up with a while ago, so I think I'm just going to refer to her as such from now on. It's like a combination of Grace and Glacier and it makes sense with the ice theme and how I want her to have fluid/nimble normals (aka graceful lol).

Also, the more I think about it the easier it is to consider her a Zelda/Sheik hybrid. Of course there's more to her than that but it's really what her concept narrows down to.

I might continue to do more sprites as I've never had this much fun making them before! I did a bit of spriting years ago for a friend but that wasn't the most enjoyable experience. Well see anyways lol.
Looking good.She'd be main material for me lol.

Speaking of which,I'd planned to main Orcane but Kragg feels so good.Flexible but not as hard to use as Orcane.That Neutral B is awesome.

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
This is really visually appealing to me haha. My only suggestion is to give some life to those arms and animate them a bit.

And the tail looks like some of it got cut off on one of the frames. Near the waist.

Last edited:

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
If there are words to explain this, I do not possess them:

GIF slowed down to 1/6 normal recording speed.
It looks like during Kragg's whole fall animation, when I broke the rock, the game wasn't sure if Kragg parried the rock or Kragg was falling, so it failed to display the rgb's for Kragg, which then reset and fixed itself after Kragg touched the ground. The reddish outline is what I assume is a different sprite being overlayed, so that still showed.

I was able to recreate this on 10FPS mode with two controllers after about 5 retry attempts. It's a frame specific thing as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
This is really visually appealing to me haha. My only suggestion is to give some life to those arms and animate them a bit.

And the tail looks like some of it got cut off on one of the frames. Near the waist.
I see the frame you're talking about. An extra black pixel found its way in there, nothing a quick little edit can't fix.

I think I know a way to animate her arms and hands a bit more. I'll attempt when I get off work tonight.

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
Might as well make a little tutorial for people who want to record in near perfect quality for making GIF's / YT vid's.

YT videos:

What you need:
  1. RoA (duh)
  2. Fraps (I'm using the full activated version. How you acquire that is not any of my business)
  3. Hopefully a computer that can handle recording in 30/60 FPS (60 is preferred, but not all computers can handle it properly)
What to do:
  1. Open Fraps
  2. Open RoA, and you should see a little FPS counter in a corner of the screen that is yellow.
  3. In Fraps, recommended settings are:
    1. FPS overlay in bottom right corner (in the HUD area where no space is taken up.
    2. 60 FPS recording (if your computer can't handle this, go down to 30 FPS.
    3. Full size recording.
    4. Hide mouse cursor in video.
    5. Force lossless RGB capture (for clear quality. This is usually why some computers can't do 60 FPS).
    6. (Optional) Split movie every 4gb. I select yes so that I don't have to sit through an hour straight video. Every 4gb on 60FPS lossless recording is about 3 minutes long. It's a personal preference.
  4. When ready, press F9 torecord and the yellow FPS counter on the game will turn red to indicate that it is recording.
  5. Press F9 again when done recording.
  6. Video is saved to "C:\Fraps\Movies"
  7. Edit and do whatever to the video then, and it's ready for upload.
GIF's:

What you need (in addition to what you need for videos) :
  1. Gifcam
  2. Adobe Photoshop
What to do (after already recording your video) :
  1. Open video up in Windows Media Player or something
  2. Open Gifcam
    1. Under "Rec", select 33FPS.
    2. Resize window and use the window title to tell what pixel dimensions you're using.
    3. Place overtop of the section of the video you're recording.
  3. The game is normally 960x540 for size, but Dan prefers a 800x400 window (for posting on twitter).
  4. Hit Rec to begin recording, then play the video you're recording.
  5. When done, hit "Stop" on GifCam, and pause the video.
  6. Click "Edit" on GifCam
  7. Right click any frame, and under "Green Screen", uncheck the first option: "Show Green Screen", for easier viewing of the frames of the GIF.
  8. Right click on a frame you want to delete and you can select to delete every frame from that one to the beginning or the end of the gif, to crop it.
  9. When done, exit out of the editor, and hit save.
  10. Open up your new GIF in photoshop, and go to export it. NOW is the time you want to resize to 50% of the original size
    1. This doesn't work properly in Gimp or any online GIF resizing tools. As far as I know, PS is the only one that works properly and doesn't leave any artifacts of poorly scaled frames.
  11. GIF is ready to go!
Example of a properly made GIF through this method:

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
If there are words to explain this, I do not possess them:

GIF slowed down to 1/6 normal recording speed.
It looks like during Kragg's whole fall animation, when I broke the rock, the game wasn't sure if Kragg parried the rock or Kragg was falling, so it failed to display the rgb's for Kragg, which then reset and fixed itself after Kragg touched the ground. The reddish outline is what I assume is a different sprite being overlayed, so that still showed.

I was able to recreate this on 10FPS mode with two controllers after about 5 retry attempts. It's a frame specific thing as far as I can tell.
It isn't that Kragg is parrying just as the rock breaks,resulting in him parrying the rock chunks?

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
It isn't that Kragg is parrying just as the rock breaks,resulting in him parrying the rock chunks?
I'm pretty certain it's how Dan draws the parry. He removes normal sprite and does the purple one. The game puts Kragg into a fall state since there's no rock underneath him, and the loss of ground automatically cancels the parry animation, but is unable to redraw the sprite until Kragg touches the ground and triggers another sprite to load. Then it was just left with the outline drawn from being on fire already.

Last edited:

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Not to interrupt you fancy playtesters with your fancy feedback, but I, a non-playtester left to idle speculation, have stumbled upon some character concepts in my brain. Unfortunately, they were insistent enough to force me to jot them down and subsequently share them by thrusting them into the digital aether. (Ha.) These things are folded into the spoiler tags below.

Wood Rival (Earth)

Lore
A denizen of a small tribe that lives deep within the forests of the earth nation, this short and overweight raccoon claims to be a master of ninjutsu. No one knows what that is, but much to the chagrin of his peers, whatever it is apparently makes him the tribe's strongest warrior. Though his command of the element of wood certainly doesn't hurt, either.

Despite being as much an ordinary raccoon as the rest of his tribe, he insists on being called a "tanuki." No one knows what that is, either. He claims that the strange words he uses to describe himself and his "arts" were taught to him by a mysterious traveler from the far east, but no one else in the tribe has seen such a person. This begs the question of where he actually learned "ninjutsu" in the first place, but anyone who asks is met with the same story about an apparently invisible traveler.

One day, he gallantly announces that me must leave the tribe to protect the forest, nay, the entire nation! The speech elicits groans and murmurs from the gathered crowd, but he is unperturbed. He strides forth to prove himself to his tribe, his nation, and to the whole world!

Gameplay
Inspiration for this character draws from a number of sources. He is some ways inspired by Street Fighter's Rufus and the Tanooki power-ups from the Mario series, but his playstyle is primarily derived from the Smash Bros. series' Kirby and Wario. Additional minor influences are Sheik, Greninja, Rosalina, Sonic, Shulk, Mr. Game & Watch, Zero Suit Samus, possibly Mario, and maybe even a little bit of Duck Hunt. He is a somewhat aerially-inclined rival, probably the only earth-elemental character who fits that description.

His ground speed is average, probably a tiny bit slower than Zetterburn's. His air speed is quick, but slower that Wrastor's. His aerial mobility, on the other hand, is positively Wario-grade allowing him to erratically move back and forth in the air. He has multiple short double-jumps executed by strainingly fluttering his tail. Fewer jumps than Wrastor, but the exact number is unimportant at this level of speculatory design.

Ground Normals
Unimportant!

Aerials
Nair- A quick backward somersault that whips opponents with his tail. The hitbox doesn't cover the full arc all at once, acting more like a faster, shorter-ranged version of Shulk's nair.
Uair- A graceful backflip kick. Covers a lot of area above him, good for combos.
Fair- A straight side kick, similar to Wario's fair.
Bair- A reverse sex kick, reminiscent of Sheik's but with a far stubbier leg.
Dair- Rufus's divekick, but with a Project M Wario-style bounce when it connects.

Specials
B- Manifests a wooden spike with a puff of smoke and throws it straight ahead. If one of his down-b statues is on the field, a spike fires from it as well. (Or only from it?)
upB- Creates a wooden plank underneath his feet that comically catapults him into a somersault that deals minor damage and knockback as well as propelling him slightly upward and a fair distance forward. Additionally, the plank falls downward and serves as a weak projectile similar to Sonic's spring. As a recovery move, it is best used to juke opponents when recovering high, or ensuring a wall jump when recovering low.
If a statue is on the field, holding the button will catapult the statue instead, allowing it to serve as an arcing projectile.
downB- Transforms into a wooden statue. The move acts similarly to Kirby's Stone, but when ending the transformation, he splits from the statue, leaving it to sit (or fall) as it was. The statue acts similarly to Kragg's blocks, but are somewhat smaller in both height and width. They are broken when attacked, and disappear without consequence. The statue also interacts with his other specials in unique ways.

sideB- Undecided. Possibly one of the following:
1- Creates a wooden disc under his feet and twists in place, whipping his tail forward in an attack that functions similarly to Mario's Cape. The statue also twists, moving it forward slightly and giving it a weak hitbox that prevents it from being broken.
2- Poses ninja-ly and slides a plank forward at his feet, creating a hitbox similar to Mr. Game & Watch's dtilt. Pressing B again will have him stomp on the end of the plank, popping the other end upward. Launches opponents into the air and leaves them open for an aerial follow-up. The move also causes a statue on the field to jump upward. An opponent can still stand on it, but it will hurt if it falls on them.
3- Creates a wooden disc under his feet like "1," but instead of acting like Mario's Cape, it works more like Rufus's Galactic Tornado. Spins and slides along the ground at a speed determined by the direction held on the control stick until B is released, then releases a powerful, but laggy, stationary strike with a plank of wood. As with "1" a statue on the field will spin for the duration of the move, but will only move slightly.

Ice Rival (Water)
A rougher idea. Sensible species choices are Penguin, Otter, or maybe Spider with some ingenuity.
Gameplay inspiration comes from Luigi, Ice Climbers, and Project M Squirtle. Longest wavedash in the game, in case that wasn't obvious.

Specials
B- Fires a small block of ice that slides along the ground. Speeds up if it slides over one of the character's down-b ice patches.
sideB- Slides along the ground on his/her belly while enveloped in snow. Functions similarly to Squirtle's Withdraw as it appears in the most recent version of Project M, popping into the air upon landing the move and unable to turn around during the slide. Speeds up going over an ice patch.
downB- Creates a patch of ice at his/her feet. If used in the air, fires a damaging bolt of ice directly downward, creating the ice patch upon hitting the ground. The ice has lower traction, bolstering this rival's already potent wavedash. Enemies can also use it to similar effect, but they will receive more damage from this character's special attacks while standing on the ice.

upB- Undecided
-If spider: Fires two strings of ice from her (yes, "her" if a spider, let's not kid ourselves) abdomen tipped with damaging icicles that attach to the blastzones at either end to create a single screen-spanning strand of ice. She can climb it quickly in either of two possible directions, but staying on it for too long causes it to break, and the spider to enter special fall. Rules for creating new strands are similar to those of Kragg's upB. Angles at which the strands can be fired to be possibly determined.
-If not-spider: Creates an icicle underfoot and leaps off of it. Can be angled left or right somewhat. The icy stalactite sticks out of the ground if it connects with it, creating a low platform whose surface has the same properties as the downB ice patch. The angle of the spire stays intact, allowing the neutralB projectile to ramp upward into the air off of it. Also, the tip of the icicle maybe has a meteor effect.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
A quick question for you @ RoA_Zam RoA_Zam ? Whenever I try to use Gifcam, this is always the result:

It doesn't actually record inside the window at all... I thought it might be just not auto adjusting when I move the window, but this problem persists even when I just open the program up for the first time. I'm extremely confused.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I think I found a rather dumb and complex way to make my Gifcam work. I have to record at a massively larger window size than necessary and then use the cropping feature built into the edit tools.

Anyways, I encountered something I believe I saw someone else bring up at one point, but checking over Dan's "to do list" on page 17 I didn't see it mentioned. Is there a reason a character can airdodge during their early airborne frames and yet still be able to airdodge again? Here's a demonstration:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I think I found a rather dumb and complex way to make my Gifcam work. I have to record at a massively larger window size than necessary and then use the cropping feature built into the edit tools.

Anyways, I encountered something I believe I saw someone else bring up at one point, but checking over Dan's "to do list" on page 17 I didn't see it mentioned. Is there a reason a character can airdodge during their early airborne frames and yet still be able to airdodge again? Here's a demonstration:

I saw it reported earlier.They said Dan said it didn't hurt the game.So he probably wants to keep it in.

Streetwize

Smash Apprentice
You can do it by pressing jump and airdodge at the same time. He told me it happens because the ability to airdodge is accidentally available during the crouching state. At least that's what I remember him saying. Anyway, because the character reaches the airborne state after the airdodge it allows them to dodge again.

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique

It's nothing worth editing. When you air dodge from the ground you only have one jump left anyways.

4nace

Smash Ace
A Challenger is Approaching.

Playable in late February / Early March!
Also I have an update to the playtester build, it's not quite the primetime one that I will be using to send to new applicants (who applied since the Early December build), but I do want to get some testing in on it before it is finalized. I plan to send a new link this weekend to some of the active fans and players in this thread. Then a week or two from now, I will be sending out a link to many new playtesters so get your applications in to roa.game@gmail.com if you haven't already!

-Dan

Streetwize

Smash Apprentice
Dan, what are you doing at 4 o'clock in the morning?

On-topic: This weekend as in today and tomorrow, or the next weekend?

Last edited:

dquarius

Smash Rookie

Also I have an update to the playtester build, it's not quite the primetime one that I will be using to send to new applicants (who applied since the Early December build), but I do want to get some testing in on it before it is finalized. I plan to send a new link this weekend to some of the active fans and players in this thread. Then a week or two from now, I will be sending out a link to many new playtesters so get your applications in to roa.game@gmail.com if you haven't already!

-Dan
annnd Hype!

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv

-Dan
... why is Orcane mysteriously missing from that picture?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
CPU Kragg did a sick combo on me-I was near his/my rock( can't remember which )and he used Down-B at the right distance so the 3rd spike hit me and the rock at the same time,so I was also pelted by the rock shower.

Top Bottom