• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rise of the Killuminati 2: Investigate 9/11

ragnarock

Smash Lord
What's up my fellow smashers. A few of my comrades can't wait til Ausom 4ever(which all of you should go to) and they told me that they can't wait til December for the next Resist tourney so here you go.

And o, before i get started, you guys know September 11th is coming up pretty soon. Support what happened to all those people who lost there lives by at least finding out the truth about that day. If you think a man in a cave planned successfully 2 attack the most powerful country in the world with just a few men who only learned how to fly a plane for a just a lil while. You a damn fool, check it out people. And we were lied too about the war, there were no WMD's (weapons of mass destruction), but i won't go no more into it. Stop believing everything you hear without checking out the facts first.

Where: University of South Alabama Mobile,Al
Its going to held at the Humanity building. I'll show a map later on this week or something like that.

Doors open: 12pm
When: 2pm-9pm
Sorry bout the time limit, south wouldn't give up too much time.

Melee and brawl single: $5
Melee and Brawl teams: $10 ($5 dollars per person)

General Gameplay Rules

1. 3 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to "Off" and "None"
4. All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
5. Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
6. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
7. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
8. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
9. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
* In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
* If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

Modified Rules for Doubles

1. Team Attack set to "On"
2. Life stealing is allowed.
3. In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
4. In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
5. If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Set Procedure

1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 2-3-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
5. The first match is played.
6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11. The next match is played.
12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi Story (brawl)

Counter Picks
Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Frigate Orpheon

Melee's Rules

Stage List

Singles

Starter Stage List:

* Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
* Past Stages: Dream Land
* Special Stages: Final Destination
* Special Stages: Battlefield
* Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:

* Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
* Planet Zebes: Brinstar
* Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
* Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Teams

Starter Stage List:

* Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
* Past Stages: Dream Land
* Special Stages: Final Destination
* Special Stages: Battlefield
* Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:

* Planet Zebes: Brinstar
* Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
* Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

General Rules

* Items are set to off.
* Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
* Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
* The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
* Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
* Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
* Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
* Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Additional Rules for Teams Play

* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON

Redwood Counter Pick System

1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

Sorry bout the entry fee. I'm trying to attract more locals and try in get a smash club going. I hope some of you can make it. And as usual bring steups we need them. Prowerstrips also.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
This is one of the most politically oriented video game tournaments I've heard of in awhile. Is MK banned and Tripping off for controversy's sake? Hell, you should turn on YI:p and Norfair while you're at it

I *might* be able to make it. It's a hell of a drive, though.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I'ma think bout banning him. I think I should. This is nothing, but a preseason tourney for Asl. How do you turn off tripping? If you can't get a car pool, I can try and help you with gas.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i may go for friendlies with rag and just to play smash before october lol

if mk is banned thats cool cuz it would just be a preseason thing for ASL

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I may make this. It's a little short notice though.

Implement the replay program and give the sd cards to someone with a capture card.

Also, save the bracket set counts so we can possibly use it towards the ELO (ASL is considering using HASL and these results towards the ELO rankings so they will be more accurate after AUSOM IV).

B_AWAL

Smash Master
DOubt I can make it the FSU vs OU game is this day... I'll be at that and then this MASSIVE party

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I would be interested in going if I could catch a ride, however it is rather short notice. I'll see first if I can make it, and if it would work out I may want to carpool with somebody.

Top Bottom