• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rion's Zelda Videos

Rion

Smash Journeyman
November 10th, 2008

Whoo~! This is kind of exciting for me because I've never been able to record my own videos before. I still can't :laugh: but at OIN2, Sliq was recording his matches and he just so happened to be in my pool~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHOVHoe9PDY VS Sliq(Bowser) Round 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MgREjli86c VS Sliq(Ganondorf) Round 2

I've always wanted to try and showcase my Zelda's gameplay to see what people would think. I'm also sorry for the bad quality ^^; I believe Sliq was recording these on some sort of digital camera so I wasn't expecting too much quality to come out of these in the first place, haha.

Well, I didn't get too far in the tournament (cut out at the 1st set of pools ; ; ) but I hope at the next one I can make Zelda players proud~

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
definitely not a bad zelda. but you rather let ganondorf dance all over your face :laugh: just need more experience against him?

and yes... that video quality is rather icky. not your fault. Just a comment.

Villi

Smash Lord
Ohhh, the 'Dorf! Your Zelda looked kinda panicky with all the sidesteps and little technical errors. Let yourself have little pockets of time to think about whats going on, cause you were getting punished repeatedly for sidestepping.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You also got punished a couple times in the Bowser vid for just standing there while using dins, try to use some retreating dins to mix it up a little.

Also you missed a couple chances to get in some dtilts. Whenever your up close to your opponent, you should always be thinking about dtilt............it's one of Zelda's best moves.

Unlike most people I actually think Bowser is pretty tough for Zelda, you did a fairly decent job considering it is Sliq and all.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
not bad. Some silly mistakes here and there that you seem to have already noticed.

Keep it up!

Our names are too similar. >.<

Rion

Smash Journeyman
I definitely admit I was very nervous during pools (I hope that doesn't come off sounding like a john)! After playing more and more people during the tournament though, I definitely eased up and started playing a bit more smartly and calmly.

One of the biggest things that annoyed me was how many times I messed up SH Bair/Fair out of shield! During those Sliq matches especially, instead of doing that I ended up rolling :dizzy: probably because I was trying to input the commands too fast. I believe panicky is a good word, haha.

Thanks everyone for reviewing this stuff! I promise the next time videos come around, I'll do better for the sake of Zelda representing~ :p Another tournament is in about 2 weeks! So who knows?

Villi

Smash Lord
That used to happen to me a lot, too. Try to make sure that you let go of your shield before inputting any commands to make sure you don't do a stupid roll instead of an attack oos. And/or make sure that you're hitting your jump button before anything else. Just keep a mental note until you don't ever have to think about it anymore.

Top Bottom