• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riivolution Q&A and Help Thread

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
No, NA/JP .pac files are different than PAL ones. :/

Also, I don't know if a codehandler.bin file for JP/PAL was ever made, so you're stuck with only 256 lines of code if it wasn't made.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Not true. The codehandler.bin is universal (hence why Gecko OS works on all regions), so everything should be working. The XML (specifically the <memory> stuff) should be region-dependent...which I think PAL has.

@bluetoonlink: You're in the wrong thread, and no.

RetroAntonio

Smash Apprentice
So, I found out Riivolution rocks, but I need one more bit of help

I cannot get my CSS and CSPs to work in Riivolution right. I added everything in right, but those are the only things that won't work. Although, I got the cool "MEWTWO" voice to work.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Because those files aren't actually read by the game, you need to add them to common5.pac. It's easy, all you have to do is find the file with the same name inside common5, right click -> replace. Then you're done.

RetroAntonio

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I deleted the select_character pacs and used common5, but now it freezes with no beep, just the music when I try going to select my character. PLEASE help, I need my hacking.

PS: Using the mewtwo CSPs if that matters from BigSharkZ's things, I need to contact him maybe. He's a friend of mine

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Has anyone made any voice changes to characters? Like Shadow's voice for Sonic, it's incredibly annoying to hear his voice while using Shadow and I know this can only be done with Riivolution

RetroAntonio

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone made any voice changes to characters? Like Shadow's voice for Sonic, it's incredibly annoying to hear his voice while using Shadow and I know this can only be done with Riivolution
It's hard. But I made the announcer say Mewtwo instead of Lucario, so it's smashbros_sound or something

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Take a look at this guide to edit SFX. It looks to be fairly hard though, and you can't make the sounds longer than the sounds you're replacing.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
It is my understanding that Riivolution can, finally, handle SFX replacement. Now, is there a guide on this? I know that there's a guide on this via ISO, but I have yet to see a newer guide for a Riivolution method.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
It's the same way. You just dont put it in the iso, you put it in the sound folder.

now i need assistance.

I have RiiFS open, but it says my IP address is 0.0.0.0. How do I fix this?

EDIT: o nvm

PolygonLink

Smash Rookie
How do I load a texture in a fighter slot besides the first (such as putting Pac-Man over Yellow Kirby, rather than normal Kirby)?

I can name a file FitPit01, but it won't load. I can name a file FitPit00 and it will load.

KingSlimeKnight

Smash Apprentice
I have a question that might be already answered but I'm too lazy to search through 695 posts to see if it's already been answered...How can I play vBrawl and Brawl+ by using the same sd card? Playing vBrawl on Gecko OS with the File Patch Code 3.5...something would use the files in the pf folder that has Brawl+ material in it that is used on Riivolution...? Let me try to rephase that.

So I have Brawl+ files for the Riivolution on the pf folder, which I can use with Riivolution, but if I use Gecko OS to boot with the vBrawl code, it also uses the pf folder. I suppose my question is: "Is there another place that I can put the files for Riivolution without having to boot from the pf folder?" Sorry, my grammar sucks due to learning two languages at once.

KingSlimeKnight

Smash Apprentice
I have encountered a problem while loading brawl- with Riivolution using Hozu's xml...it silent freezes at the "Now Loading...." part and I didn't have the FPC on the RSBE01BM.gct but BBrawl, Brawl+, and vBrawl works fine...I didn't change the xml, so I have no clue to why it freezes.

KingSlimeKnight

Smash Apprentice
No info.pac to begin with...and I noticed that none of my mu_menumain files work and I'm doubting Brawl-'s CSS works since the common5 doesn't really work for BBrawl and Brawl+, but the codes for the CSS works...

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
You have to add _en for it to work because riivolution loads the default names the file patch code is modified to read files without the _en part
Add _en to the common5 and you should be fine have
i have no idea why game is freezing at the loading screen

KingSlimeKnight

Smash Apprentice
ZOMG! Thanks! Now I need help to get Brawl- to work...

I'll just ask some questions that might help fix my problem...

Q1: Where does the .xml file go to?
Q2: Why do I have 2 seperate .xml files in the Riivolution file? One in X:/riivolution, other in X:/riivolution/config
Q3: What other files have a strict file size limit?
Q4: Does Gecko OS interfere with Riivolution?
Q5: If you're using Hozu's xml, and is able to load Brawl-, are you using the common5_en.pac that has Brawl-'s sc_selcharacter.pac in it?
Q6: What files do you have in the BrawlMinus folder?
Q7: Are you using the normal Brawl- GCT file?(RSBE01BM) Or did you remove the File Patch Code?
Q8: May I see your Brawl- txt code?
Q9: If you're using your own xml based off of Hozu's xml and has successfully loads Brawl-, may I see the xml?
Q10: Do you think that my Lexar 2Gig SD Card suck?
Q11: Have you been able to load Brawl- with Hozu's xml using a SD card?
Q12: Do you think that my Wii is sticking the middle finger at me?
Q13: What other things may interupt with the load?(besides the gct code)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Q1: Where does the .xml file go to? X:/riivolution/___.xml
Q2: Why do I have 2 seperate .xml files in the Riivolution file? One in X:/riivolution, other in X:/riivolution/config The one in config is saved settings for the xml. Ignore it.
Q3: What other files have a strict file size limit? None. Riivolution automatically resizes.
Q4: Does Gecko OS interfere with Riivolution? No
Q5: If you're using Hozu's xml, and is able to load Brawl-, are you using the common5_en.pac that has Brawl-'s sc_selcharacter.pac in it? Yes
Q6: What files do you have in the BrawlMinus folder? Fighter, System, and Menu2 folders
Q7: Are you using the normal Brawl- GCT file?(RSBE01BM) Or did you remove the File Patch Code? Was not necessary to remove it because you shouldn't have a PF folder, so it won't conflict.
Q8: May I see your Brawl- txt code? Default
Q11: Have you been able to load Brawl- with Hozu's xml using a SD card? Yes
Q13: What other things may interupt with the load?(besides the gct code) You forgot codehandler

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
The codehandler.bin file really needs to be put in the first post... It's not mentioned at all there, and it causes a lot of confusion it seems.

KingSlimeKnight

Smash Apprentice
That's because I already has codehandler.bin. Do I have to use the codehandler.bin that you provided the link to? Well just to be safe, I'll just put that codehandler.bin that you said that I have to dl and to place it in the Riivolution folder.

UPDATE: I tested it and it still froze on me.(defragged it as well) My wii hates Brawl-, but it has nothing against BBrawl, Brawl+, and vBrawl...why is it doing this to me???(I'll just use another sd card for Brawl-...)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I don't name them, i just put in the number to match up with the color of the fit.
But all of my Sonic Textures say something like "FitSonic02.pcs"
But Falcon's are in coordination to the name, like "Hyasbusa02.pcs"
I tried renaming them to "FitFalcon02.pcs", But that doesn't seem to work.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
No this is what i needed.
Thanks for the save bro =D

Edit: Also, how do i get textured stages to run?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Open notepad and make whatever you need to for an xml then hit save as and when you're about to save it at the bottom it'll say save txt file and then switch it to all files and add a .xml extension to the name

Sake-Hato

Smash Apprentice
is it possible or will be possible anytime soon for English brawl voices for the characters to be replaced with the Japanese voices? i mean it looks possible just grab the folder with the voices from Japanese brawl and replace with English right? im sure its more to it though i really want Japanese voices.

Sake-Hato

Smash Apprentice
yeah if someone would be kind to do that and put it on megauploader or somthing thatll be great (or at least test it)
ive been trying to play *** brawl for the longest but all this IOS crap is confusing me to run the burnt game :(

Top Bottom