• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Denny Crane. hehe, Boston Legal ftw!

also, corruption comes out really soon. that game looks UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE!
I don't understand your "Denny Crane" thing.. I walk around at home with no pants on but with my boxer/briefs on.

I think I might actually buy Corruption depending on my money.... Hmm..

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Denny Crane is from boston legal (a show on the picture-wireless {television [TV]}) and he is often caught without pants.....

i'd love to go without pantaloons myself, however its a bit chilly in the land of plenty at the mo.

everyone should buy corruption, no matter if they're in so much debt they cant afford food, they need corruption. even if they dont have a wii.....on a (somewhat lamo) side note, i bought twilight princess before i owned a Wii. yea, im cool and i know it!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Haha well..

Do you think I should play the first and second Prime so I know what going on? Or if someone wants to shorten the story down to a paragraph or so. Just so I won't be lost... I don't plan on going back to Gamecube games.. or spending money on them.. Unless I had a job which I don't.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Haha well..

Do you think I should play the first and second Prime so I know what going on? Or if someone wants to shorten the story down to a paragraph or so. Just so I won't be lost... I don't plan on going back to Gamecube games.. or spending money on them.. Unless I had a job which I don't.
Heres the story:
metriod prime

Phazon, space pirates, metriods, awsome enviroments, cool stuff, chozo ghosts, scan tons of stuff, fight giant metriod.

Metriod prime 2
dark world, run out of ammo, ing are anoying, run out of ammo more so have to use powerbeam too **** much, dark samus, fight giant ing thing and some other huge boss.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Haha well..

definitely play prime 1. echoes (prime 2) is optional as far as im concerned. still a good game, but not a huge improvement on the original (die-hard metroid fans think its worse). but seriously, prime 1 is a god**** amazing game. buy it now. sell everything you own to buy it.

if you wanna know the stories for corruption im sure wiki could summarize them pretty effectively.

edit @ dizzy necro:

well....yea i spose.....lol

btw, the last boss was the EMPEROR ING! he was fairly tough.

who has any ideas about which prime boss in the hardest? (excluding ridley of course, his awesomeness is incomparable)

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Hah, I'm good. I'm sorry but when I played... I forgot which Prime I played I didn't like the controls very well which turned me away. But the Wii controls look good for me I suppose, and I can make a trip to Wiki, its what I do all day :p

-Onyx

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Hah, I'm good. I'm sorry but when I played... I forgot which Prime I played I didn't like the controls very well which turned me away. But the Wii controls look good for me I suppose, and I can make a trip to Wiki, its what I do all day :p

-Onyx
yea, the controls are :crazy: to begin with, but after a while they're probably the most intuitive fps controls in any console fps IMO.

Wiki for brawl!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'd summarize the first one by saying the game starts with Samus Aran intercepting a distress call that leads her to a Space Pirate vessel orbiting the planet Tallon IV. Inside, Samus discovers some biological experiments, including the Parasite Queen, that after being killed, triggers the ship's self destruction. While making her escape she stumbles upon Meta Ridley, a cybernetically enhanced Ridley, who wakes and escapes the vessel. Samus then gets severely damaged during the rest of her escape and loses most of her weapons, converting back to her less-capable Power Suit. Meta Ridley then goes down to the surface of Tallon IV.

Samus pursues Ridley down to the surface, where she discovers that the Chozo once had a colony there, but were hit by a meteor containing the mutagen called Phazon, the substance the Space Pirates were using on the Space Pirates vessel orbiting Tallon IV for their biological experiments. During her time on the planet, she finds out what happened to the Chozo of Talon IV, who had died because of phazon and phazon-related corruption of the planet. Samus also uncovers the Space Pirates plans to try and mine Phazon to experiment and hopefully create enhanced soldiers, though most of their attempts were thwarted by the large containment structure built by the Chozo before they arrived, blocking access to the Phazon core. After putting a stop to the Space Pirate's plans, and finding all of the Chozo Artifacts, the keys to entering the temple, she finally faces off against Meta Ridley. After defeating Ridley, Samus is able to enter the impact crater and fight Metroid Prime itself.

.... and I'd summarize the SECOND prime by saying the game takes place on the planet Aether, where a technologically advanced race of moth-like creatures, the Luminoth, have been harbouring and protecting the natural energy of the planet, called the Light of Aether. A Phazon meteor struck the planet about 80 years previous[citation needed], dividing the planet and its energy into light and dark dimensions. This new dark world is home to the Ing, a race of dark, semi-liquid creatures that can inhabit the bodies of the living, the dead, and the Artificially-intelligent. They can also have bodies of their own. The Ing and Luminoth are locked in a bitter struggle for survival, as Aether's planetary energy cannot support both worlds. The Ing so far have been the victors, taking the energy from three of Light Aether's four temples.

On top of this, the Space Pirates had discovered the planet by luck, hoping to reap huge amounts of Phazon on the planet and to compensate for the loss on Tallon IV (Metroid Prime). A Galactic Federation Marine Corps ship intercepted a Space Pirate ship one week prior to start of the game, which crash landed on Aether. The Marines landed to finish the Pirates off. Contact with the Marines was lost soon after. Samus Aran, who is sent in to investigate, meets and forms an alliance with U-Mos, the last active Luminoth. After defeating an Ing-possessed creature, she receives a container that allows her to harvest all the energy from the temples on the dark side of the planet. By bringing the energy back, Samus can dissolve the Dark world into the Light world. Finally, a reborn Metroid Prime, now known as Dark Samus, is present on the world. After absorbing Phazon from Samus' Power Suit in Metroid Prime, she has gained power by mutating into the form of Samus's Phazon Suit , which includes greatly upgraded, Phazon-powered weapon capabilities. She seems to have no firm objective other than to absorb Phazon, and will destroy anything in her path to get her hands on it, but she will often attack Samus or impede her progress through such actions as destroying passages.

Any questions, Onyx?

EDIT: Hah, bah, in the time it takes me to copy/paste wiki here several people just make short posts telling Onyx to go himself. Tsk tsk.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
I'd summarize the first one by saying the game starts with Samus Aran intercepting a distress call that leads her to a Space Pirate vessel orbiting the planet Tallon IV. Inside, Samus discovers some biological experiments, including the Parasite Queen, that after being killed, triggers the ship's self destruction. While making her escape she stumbles upon Meta Ridley, a cybernetically enhanced Ridley, who wakes and escapes the vessel. Samus then gets severely damaged during the rest of her escape and loses most of her weapons, converting back to her less-capable Power Suit. Meta Ridley then goes down to the surface of Tallon IV.

Samus pursues Ridley down to the surface, where she discovers that the Chozo once had a colony there, but were hit by a meteor containing the mutagen called Phazon, the substance the Space Pirates were using on the Space Pirates vessel orbiting Tallon IV for their biological experiments. During her time on the planet, she finds out what happened to the Chozo of Talon IV, who had died because of phazon and phazon-related corruption of the planet. Samus also uncovers the Space Pirates plans to try and mine Phazon to experiment and hopefully create enhanced soldiers, though most of their attempts were thwarted by the large containment structure built by the Chozo before they arrived, blocking access to the Phazon core. After putting a stop to the Space Pirate's plans, and finding all of the Chozo Artifacts, the keys to entering the temple, she finally faces off against Meta Ridley. After defeating Ridley, Samus is able to enter the impact crater and fight Metroid Prime itself.

.... and I'd summarize the SECOND prime by saying the game takes place on the planet Aether, where a technologically advanced race of moth-like creatures, the Luminoth, have been harbouring and protecting the natural energy of the planet, called the Light of Aether. A Phazon meteor struck the planet about 80 years previous[citation needed], dividing the planet and its energy into light and dark dimensions. This new dark world is home to the Ing, a race of dark, semi-liquid creatures that can inhabit the bodies of the living, the dead, and the Artificially-intelligent. They can also have bodies of their own. The Ing and Luminoth are locked in a bitter struggle for survival, as Aether's planetary energy cannot support both worlds. The Ing so far have been the victors, taking the energy from three of Light Aether's four temples.

On top of this, the Space Pirates had discovered the planet by luck, hoping to reap huge amounts of Phazon on the planet and to compensate for the loss on Tallon IV (Metroid Prime). A Galactic Federation Marine Corps ship intercepted a Space Pirate ship one week prior to start of the game, which crash landed on Aether. The Marines landed to finish the Pirates off. Contact with the Marines was lost soon after. Samus Aran, who is sent in to investigate, meets and forms an alliance with U-Mos, the last active Luminoth. After defeating an Ing-possessed creature, she receives a container that allows her to harvest all the energy from the temples on the dark side of the planet. By bringing the energy back, Samus can dissolve the Dark world into the Light world. Finally, a reborn Metroid Prime, now known as Dark Samus, is present on the world. After absorbing Phazon from Samus' Power Suit in Metroid Prime, she has gained power by mutating into the form of Samus's Phazon Suit , which includes greatly upgraded, Phazon-powered weapon capabilities. She seems to have no firm objective other than to absorb Phazon, and will destroy anything in her path to get her hands on it, but she will often attack Samus or impede her progress through such actions as destroying passages.

Any questions, Onyx?

My summary was better.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Get 1, if you like it a lot buy 2, or if you like D. samus, 'cause other than Dark Samus the game is horrible beyond belief.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
DizzyNecro: Hah, yeah, you really did summarize it just fine. But you forgot there were different types of vision she could use! Thermal, x-ray, everything you could ever want!
... really just those two, actually. And then Prime 2 had some odd equivalents. And the screw jump, which I thought was the best thing about that game.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
Prime 2 is sweet, but in comparison to Prime 1, it's ****. I liked the feel, storyline, and areas in Prime 1 much more. Don't ask why. I'm playing Prime 1 again, and I'm 3/4th of the game done. I always loved getting missile expansions and health tanks.

Oh and @Dizzy: Nice way to destroy such a long *yet deep and specific* block of letters, lmao.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
other than Dark Samus the game is horrible beyond belief.
sheesh, thats a bit harsh. its a good game, it just didn't change up the original formula too much. but there's nothing wrong with that. if it ain't broken don't fix it. besides, it had one of the most psychedelic art styles and direction of any game i've ever seen. seriously, the stuff you see in dark aether is just freakin weird (in a good way).

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
it lost the awsome feel of MP1 which was a sin and made me almost not even finish it.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
sheesh, thats a bit harsh. its a good game, it just didn't change up the original formula too much. but there's nothing wrong with that. if it ain't broken don't fix it. besides, it had one of the most psychedelic art styles and direction of any game i've ever seen. seriously, the stuff you see in dark aether is just freakin weird (in a good way).
Echoes was terrible. Many fanboys disown it as a Metroid game.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
^^^yea but metroid fanboys have disowned more metroid games than they have....uh...owned?

the fanboys are saying corruption will be **** because people talk in it! OH NOES! get with the **** times, the game has to evolve sometime.

alls im saying is echoes was not terrible. it was a good game that didnt change the formula of the original that much, and isnt great when compared to the original.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I think Corruption is going to kick ***.

And about the voice acting, I like it, but what would LoZ fanboys do if their games had voice acting? Same thing.

I'm simply saying Echoes was a good game by itself, but when compared with the other games throughout the series, it is lackluster at best.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Gypsy is Right, Echoes was a very good game, but it wasn't a good metroid game.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Todays Update = Evil and has wings?

What does that mean? Ridley = Evil and has wings too right?

Bam Confirmed.

-Onyx

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Many of the things they DID change with Echoes simply added a frustration factor. I remember being in Dark Aether, lose a bunch of health because I wanted to explore or I simply ended up outside the safe zones, and then I'd stand in the heal areas and then go make a sandwich or something. Also, the ammo system was fairly tedious- I'm not sure if they actually explained how to spawn a certain type of ammo either. The weapons were also fairly boring- when in this world, use this gun. The other, use the other gun. Somehow, it felt much more limited, even though it had four weapons still, just like Prime 1.
Oh, also, it seemed odd that the light/dark weapons functioned so remarkably similar to plasma/ice. Seemed unoriginal in an aspect that definitely should have been more interesting. Also, the general atmosphere wasn't nearly as interesting as Talon IV.

But, there WERE zombies, so I'll give it that.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Zombie that you could kill in Morph ball form with a boost attack...

Morph ball...

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Although Demon does have wings ( & I hope this does bode well for Ridley's inclusion...) so did Zapdos and Moltres etc....

If they put Charizard (and this Demon dude) they HAVE TO put Ridley

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
@ shuma and gypsy:

yea, thats all i was saying, i never meant it was brilliant, just that it wasnt utter crap like some of your posts stated. i did love the wacky art design in all its un-metroidyness glory, however its probably better to leave it as a once off venture down that avenue.

@ qdMbp:

yea, there were quite a few frustrating elements, and i remember going to grab a bite to eat while waiting in those safe zones, but i also found it pretty stressful (in a good way, if thats possible) to see your health going down and trying to find a light zone. at first it was pretty jarring to the pace of the game though, cos your health goes down so freakin fast!

also, im a zelda fanboy, and i think they could do with a bit of voice acting. ill admit to being apprehensive about it ("what if zelda doesnt sound like i think she should?".../cry) but they need to get with the times. but link should stay silent. thats just how it should be. and samus too. silent protagonists FTW!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
also, im a zelda fanboy, and i think they could do with a bit of voice acting. ill admit to being apprehensive about it ("what if zelda doesnt sound like i think she should?".../cry) but they need to get with the times. but link should stay silent. thats just how it should be. and samus too. silent protagonists FTW!
I don't know how you're on this topic at all, but as a Zelda fan, I'd be upset if they made Link talk. I'd be fine with the other people...but Link doesn't talk. I'd venture to say Link can't talk. Everyone in Hyrule is just really good at guessing what he's thinking...

Gypsy is Right, Echoes was a very good game, but it wasn't a good metroid game.
I can agree to this.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
link as a mute FTW!

but in prime 2, the guns were similar to prime 1. and once i got the light suit, i explored dark aeither more thoroughly, and found an energy tank, 30 missiles, and an ammo upgrade. plus i look awesome now.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
I don't know how you're on this topic at all, but as a Zelda fan, I'd be upset if they made Link talk. I'd be fine with the other people...but Link doesn't talk. I'd venture to say Link can't talk. Everyone in Hyrule is just really good at guessing what he's thinking...
haha, yea, like the ridley thread has never gone off topic before, good one!

and good point samusrules, the lightsuit! the most sexual mechanical armour going around! seriously, that suit is UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE!

xentoo

Smash Rookie
Ridley would be awesome if he could fly, and if he cant he should have a good jump

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Unlikely that Sakurai wouldn't make him fly considering how much he wants flying characters and how his wings are a main part of Ridley so no worries there!

It already explained what that was... the Mother brains are the aurora system... so the Space pirates must be using their mother brain (From Zebe's the Super Metroid one) to send a virus out to all the other galactic federation ones.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
So you mean...Echoes wasn't entirely pointless? Joy!

I'm glad I reserved it, but unfortunately, it's right when school starts. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom